Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of Destiny web series

+38
special_cases
DeeBee
Riri
californiagirl
rawpowah
lauvamp
Starliteprism
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
Mana
Reylo Lemon
rey09
Rei of Sunshine
nemapasara
Irina de France
EchoBase
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
panki
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Armadeus
SoloSideCousin
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Kessel
CienaRee
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
IoJovi
Piper Maru
ISeeAnIsland
Helix
snufkin
42 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Empty Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito Sun 09 Jul 2017, 6:13 am

snufkin wrote:@Kessel - they're the Beautiful Friendship Gang! Like notice how they don't seem to have Han and Leia in one of these shorts? Because those two are for more mature audiences, same goes for all of the interaction Rey and Kylo have with each other. They might each get refereed to as One Boy and What Girl, but they're together they're not kids.
@snufkin

I don't know how this can revive Finnrey zeal. I know they are desperate but...If anything, it's going to reinforce that they are just friends. Also, they are pure kiddie cartoon material, not a big screen one. So their fans will have kiddie cartoon to quench their thirst while FinnRose will dominate the big screen.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 09 Jul 2017, 7:30 pm

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 09 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

snufkin wrote:
@snufkin

This episode was the cutest. About to C
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 09 Jul 2017, 8:37 pm

I like these FoD and there's a theme; they portray the main character as compassionate, brave, resourceful and helpful. It's nice to see. Smile

Btw, are they on Jedha in Jyn's short?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:46 pm

That short isn't going to do any favors to the "The Empire had its good points" crowd,  pretty hard to defend trying to separate a little girl from her space cat. @Kessel - there's a couple suggestions in the comments about which planet it may be set on.

ETA - last one up. So far Leia's gotten the lioness' share of appearances.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 20 Jul 2017, 10:56 am

FOD Chewie is looking a bit more like Chewie and less like The Six Million Dollar Man Bigfoot.

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 DFMGe7DUwAAtEH1

Wicket is flocked, which is really nice.

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 DFMGe7XUQAArDFJ
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:48 am

Loving the accessory for Ahsoka.

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 San-Diego-Comic-Con-2017-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Wed-062
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 02 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Have the dolls been out for a while now? I just got this in an email:

Toys and Apparel Now Available!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 10 Aug 2017, 8:13 am

I just came across the Jyn doll on the French amazon. She is so cute. And then I saw that they also have Leia in 2 versions and Rey in 2 versions. The price ranges from 30 EUR (TFA light Rey) to 50 EUR (Leia with Ewok). My credit card is trembling right now. The german Amazon does not have any of the dolls. I feel like a child now, I want a doll. I don't like Jyn as a character, but that doll is gorgeous. I first thought it was a new Lara Croft. And the freckles on Rey's face are also adorable.

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Forces11

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Forces12

There seems to be dolls for Sabine and Ahsoka too somewhere. What is kind of annoying me is that the Disney online store does not have them. At least the German one. Honestly, you want to make more bucks, you gotta start working on making your merchandize available in a maximum of countries.

I am still a bit annoyed that Hera is not included. She deserves to be part of it. There is barely any figure of Hera anywhere. At the SWC I asked about Hera figures and most people were dumbfounded. I found one Funko on Amazon which I bought and a very ugly small one which does not look like her at all and I did not buy. I WANT my twi'lek doll.

EDIT:

No!!! Only the Jyn doll is available. The Leias and Reys are out of stock. And they don't ship to Germany. Should I order and have it sent to my parents?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 10 Aug 2017, 9:32 am

@SanghaRen

I want the Rey with BB8! bounce
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SanghaRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

I know. Me too. I want Jyn, Leia with R2-D2 and Rey with BB-8. Since only Jyn is available, I went ahead and ordered it to be delivered to my parents since Amazon FR refuses to ship that one to me in Germany. My very lame excuse is that I also ordered the book Bloodline in French for my mom's birthday in 2 weeks. And well, if I am broke one day, I can sell it. Now I have to tell my mom that she will get a package but should not open it. The book will be wrapped, but I can see my Dad laugh his heads off if he sees a doll.

And just to add to the craziness, I also bought a Funko Leia with the cinnamon buns. I've been wanting to buy that one for months but after Carrie's death, the prices sky-rocketted. Now they're back to a normal level. A bit sad in a way. After that, I am done. No more figures or dolls until a nice scarred Kylo shows up.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 10 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

SanghaRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SanghaRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

I know. Me too. I want Jyn, Leia with R2-D2 and Rey with BB-8. Since only Jyn is available, I went ahead and ordered it to be delivered to my parents since Amazon FR refuses to ship that one to me in Germany. My very lame excuse is that I also ordered the book Bloodline in French for my mom's birthday in 2 weeks. And well, if I am broke one day, I can sell it. Now I have to tell my mom that she will get a package but should not open it. The book will be wrapped, but I can see my Dad laugh his heads off if he sees a doll.

And just to add to the craziness, I also bought a Funko Leia with the cinnamon buns. I've been wanting to buy that one for months but after Carrie's death, the prices sky-rocketted. Now they're back to a normal level. A bit sad in a way. After that, I am done. No more figures or dolls until a nice scarred Kylo shows up.
@SanghaRen

I want to get some stuff for my desk. Figures or dolls, but will probably go with Funko Rey and Kylo at some point Very Happy Can't make up my mind! I love that Jyn too, and the Leia with R2 is love!

I saw a preview of a Padme one on Tumblr a while back. Wonder when that one's coming out?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

My Jyn doll arrived in France. Unfortunately, I am not going to France any time soon so it's staying at my parents for now. My Mom says it looks good. Even my Dad found it interesting, probably wondering if his daughter has not regressed to childhood...Smile Out of curiosity I checked Amazon FR and the page is gone so even Jyn is not available anymore. Well, Target has them and apparently ships to various countries in the world for those interested. As expected the shipping costs more than the doll. 25 EUR againt 22 EUR. I really like Rey with the grey vest and BB-8. I'll wait. If after Force Friday I do not find certain things like the Hera Black Series, I might then order 3-4 figures so that it's worth it. Maybe.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Funko Kylo and Funko Rey are cool. I have the unmasked Kylo and Rey with the blue lightsaber and they are cute together.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:00 pm

Nice interview with the writer, Jennifer Munro, sounds like more episodes with guests they're not spoiling yet is coming in October. Have to admit, if they do a return to Jakku in the future, either the cartoon or one of the movies, please bring back Rey's buddy the Junk Monster

The Origins and Ideals of 'Star Wars: Forces of Destiny'

You're not only telling stories featuring characters from the movies and the TV shows, you're also telling stories that take place during the movies and TV shows, at least in a handful of cases — there are episodes that happen during Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens in terms of chronology…

I'm the biggest fan, so this was just a dream come true. Particularly, I'm an original trilogy fan the most, so to do a scene [that takes place during Return of the Jedi] was thrilling, to say the least. Absolutely, it was amazing to do that, to do a story at the Rebel base literally before Empire Strikes Back begins — it's almost a deleted scene, or a homage to that movie. It came about wanting to tell small moments, and thinking, where would it make sense to have these small moments? For Leia, it was nice to have the original trilogy to play with in there, to bring the Ewoks back, which is so great!

As a fan of the franchise, what has it been like having Daisy Ridley and Felicity Jones voice their characters for the series? I feel as if, for many fans, it's added some credibility and legitimacy to the project.

It was thrilling that they wanted to be involved, and Lupita as well. It was so nice to have them with the TV actors and the voice actors — it brings the worlds together in a way I didn't expect. It gives it more legitimacy, but beyond it being legitimate, it's just wonderful for people who weren't paying attention to go, "Oh, that's surprising that [the movie cast] is doing that," and it brings more attention to what we're trying to accomplish. It was nice to have them in the mix.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 27 Aug 2017, 7:16 am

I don't know if all of this was mentioned already because the news is old, but I missed it.

So Hera is planned in the fall episodes, it seems, and will meet Han. Two ace pilots meeting could be interesting! The meeting is on Endor during Return of the Jedi and Leia is also in it. So can I expect a doll too? She is in the promo image and Ketsu too.

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Img_1113

A Kylo doll is also planned. That news dates back to April. How did I miss it? So in theory he should be in an episode. I hope not in the Rey/Finn as the villain of the episode, but another separate story - one can dream. I read somewhere that male characters will be added to the doll collection so I suppose we can expect Anakin, Han and Finn too. I am curious to see what Kylo will look like. I hope he will have the helmet as an option only. Would not make sense to me for this type of dolls if he was only available with the mask.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rey-ahsoka-tano-and-more-iconic-heroes-to-star-in-new-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-animated-micro-series

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Img_1114
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 27 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

SanghaRen wrote:I don't know if all of this was mentioned already because the news is old, but I missed it.

So Hera is planned in the fall episodes, it seems, and will meet Han. Two ace pilots meeting could be interesting! The meeting is on Endor during Return of the Jedi and Leia is also in it. So can I expect a doll too? She is in the promo image and Ketsu too.

A Kylo doll is also planned. That news dates back to April. How did I miss it? So in theory he should be in an episode. I hope not in the Rey/Finn as the villain of the episode, but another separate story - one can dream. I read somewhere that male characters will be added to the doll collection so I suppose we can expect Anakin, Han and Finn too. I am curious to see what Kylo will look like. I hope he will have the helmet as an option only. Would not make sense to me for this type of dolls if he was only available with the mask.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rey-ahsoka-tano-and-more-iconic-heroes-to-star-in-new-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-animated-micro-series

@SanghaRen

I'm calling it now. The new Rey episode will be non-spoiler-ific but will be set on Ahch-To and will involve Porgs.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 27 Aug 2017, 11:40 am

Can we get a Phasma one, please???
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 7:15 pm

New episodes announced with an appearance by Finn and Han Solo. Though doubtful Harrison Ford will return to that role considering the stories about the amount of weed he smoked to get through the Holiday Special

Finn, Han Solo To Appear In Future ‘Forces Of Destiny’ Episodes
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 7:21 pm

Also confirmation that the Night Crawler worm takes direct inspiration from the Sand Worms in Dune

With the design complete, the animation director was tasked with making the worm move. “In the animation phase of the project, our animation director Tatyana Drewry Carvin worked hard to balance the worm’s weight and mass with his ability to move under and through the sand,” Rau says. “He’s pretty quick for his size, like a gigantic sand shark. We referenced a lot of footage of the sandworms in Dune. Because they are awesome.”
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:I don't know if all of this was mentioned already because the news is old, but I missed it.

@SanghaRen

I'm calling it now. The new Rey episode will be non-spoiler-ific but will be set on Ahch-To and will involve Porgs.
@ISeeAnIsland

ROFL! I was just going to post the same thing! The porgs have caused a storm in the fandom with how cute they are. LF would be mad not to take advantage of having Rey go on a little mini adventure with them in FOD.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Sep 2017, 8:35 pm

Hey, guys, this is for real, right? FoD Kylo. Looks like a Disney Prince. Official art:

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/164860446387/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-rey-of-jakku-and

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo5_r1_1280Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo2_r1_1280

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo1_1280Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo3_1280
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 01 Sep 2017, 8:49 pm

vaderito wrote:Hey, guys, this is for real, right? FoD Kylo. Looks like a Disney Prince. Official art:

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/164860446387/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-rey-of-jakku-and

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo5_r1_1280Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo2_r1_1280

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo1_1280Forces of Destiny web series - Page 5 Tumblr_ovlt0wkzU21w6j24yo3_1280
@vaderito

Um, wow. And that also appears to be the first official anything for TLJ to place Rey and Kylo in the same setting.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:02 pm

@ISeeAnIsland Yes! I'm confused. Is this going to be first time we see Rey and Kylo interact in TLJ timeline even though marketing is hiding their interaction?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 01 Sep 2017, 9:43 pm

Not that toy company product text would be spoilers, but still interesting in the character descriptions. Rey is brave, loyal to her friends, and stands up for what she believes in (as an alumna of Girl Scouts, get that girl some merit badges!) whereas Kylo has betrayed his friends and family in pursuit of power. Like maybe Rey makes a new friend in the next movie which puts her to the test because she's loyal to her friends and always tries to do the right thing? Meanwhile we have somebody else who's in bad need of making up for his bad choices which hurt people close to him and whose priorities are for the wrong things. These are cartoons for kids about 'everyday heroism,' so be curious to see what they show for him if he's being shown as the Goofus out of that duo.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:24 pm

snufkin wrote:Not that toy company product text would be spoilers, but still interesting in the character descriptions. Rey is brave, loyal to her friends, and stands up for what she believes in (as an alumna of Girl Scouts, get that girl some merit badges!) whereas Kylo has betrayed his friends and family in pursuit of power. Like maybe Rey makes a new friend in the next movie and that friendship will put her to the test because she's always loyal and does the right thing? Meanwhile we have somebody else who's in bad need of making up for his bad choices which hurt people close to him and whose priorities are for the wrong things. These are cartoons for kids about 'everyday heroism,' so be curious to see what they show for him if he's being shown as the Goofus out of that duo.
@snufkin

I know we've seen variations on "pow-ah" being Kylo Ren's main motivation in a few places (I think Pablo's Visual Guide to TFA was one?), but that still just doesn't ring true at all to me with what we saw of the character in TFA or with what we've seen in the TLJ marketing so far.

Also, I can't imagine they'd have any real TLJ spoilers in a Forces of Destiny cartoon. I know that we're getting the second wave of cartoons in October, so maybe the Rey-Kylo one will be in a post-TLJ wave?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next