Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion Empty Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion

Post by adamdrivershair Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

I've picked this one up and am excited to read it. Any Lost Stars fans out there?
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion Empty Re: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion

Post by Night Huntress Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:33 am

Here cheers I loved the book - stayed up until early in the morning reading it. Although I do have a few complains about it... let me know when you finished it. I don't want to spoiler anything Wink
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion Empty Re: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray Discussion

Post by IoJovi Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:42 am

Watching this topic because it's on my list of must reads too...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 20 Sep 2017, 1:41 pm

I am big fan of Lost Stars. In my opinion, best Star Wars canon novel so far (that I read of course). I haven't read everything that was released. Now I have to catch up on canon novels. As nice addition I will say that it was released as adult Star Wars novel in my country. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Wed 20 Sep 2017, 2:16 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:I am big fan of Lost Stars. In my opinion, best Star Wars canon novel so far (that I read of course). I haven't read everything that was released. Now I have to catch up on canon novels. As nice addition I will say that it was released as adult Star Wars novel in my country. Smile
@Geralt_Riv

I have heard that a number of times now, that it is the best canon novel. Why do you say that? (no spoilers, please Very Happy)

I haven't read that many canon novels. I've also heard that the RoTS novel is the best.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 20 Sep 2017, 2:36 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:

I have heard that a number of times now, that it is the best canon novel. Why do you say that? (no spoilers, please Very Happy)
@adamdrivershair

hm, how to explain without spoilers?  Confus

It had all- adventure, romance, drama- and just the right narrating pace.
I felt for the protagonists -well, for Thane.. I just loved him!  H-beating

You kind off relive all the important events of the OT through the eyes of the characters.

OK, sometimes I had the feeling it was a bit too much coincidence in one or two cases- but that's just one small critic on my part and doesn't spoil the fun.

I certainly recommend it to everyone.

In my opinion it's not (just) a young adult book. It has some pretty heavy topics.

It's not really a spoiler but I hide it anyway to be save.
Spoiler:
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Wed 20 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:
Geralt_Riv wrote:I am big fan of Lost Stars. In my opinion, best Star Wars canon novel so far (that I read of course). I haven't read everything that was released. Now I have to catch up on canon novels. As nice addition I will say that it was released as adult Star Wars novel in my country. Smile
@Geralt_Riv

I haven't read that many canon novels. I've also heard that the RoTS novel is the best.
@adamdrivershair
I loved the story and characters! I really cared for them. The book has some small problems like every one of them but they don't spoil the fun. I agree completely with what @Night Huntress wrote. Actually there isn't much to add to what she wrote without going into the spoilers territory. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 20 Sep 2017, 7:04 pm

Hmmmm is this a must read for TFA movie? i already have Phasma's novel on my want list!
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:21 am

nite0wl29 wrote:Hmmmm is this a must read for TFA movie? i already have Phasma's novel on my want list!
@nite0wl29

No- it hasn't really anything to do with TFA. I know the book title is misguiding (journey to Star Wars: The force awakens - Lost Stars?).
That's what many reviewers complained about and most of the one- star reviews came from. Some people bought Lost Stars with the wrong expectations - they thought to learn something new about the characters in TFA. This is not the case.

I recommend it anyway. You may not feel like investing into new characters when you want to finally learn something about the ones you care about in TFA, but it's a great story and makes you rethink some events from the OT. It kind of shows you a different view...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Thu 21 Sep 2017, 8:41 am

@Night Huntress @Geralt_Riv You guys weren't kidding. Started reading it last night and by this morning have made it halfway through!

I'm enjoying the characterization the most so far - you can tell she has put a lot of thought into the characters' motivations and it definitely works. I kind of miss the ambiguity of TFA, though, because in Lost Stars Gray usually spells out those motivations very clearly.

Spoiler:
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:05 am

So I just got this book yesterday, and I couldn't put it down!! I'm up to the point where it's pretty much the beginning of A New Hope.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:30 am

nite0wl29 wrote:So I just got this book yesterday, and I couldn't put it down!! I'm up to the point where it's pretty much the beginning of A New Hope.
@nite0wl29

*bounces up and down* It's so good, isn't it?
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:41 am

adamdrivershair wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:So I just got this book yesterday, and I couldn't put it down!! I'm up to the point where it's pretty much the beginning of A New Hope.
@nite0wl29

*bounces up and down* It's so good, isn't it?
@adamdrivershair

It is!! I love Thane's character! I can't wait to read more tonight. I was gonna start on a fanfic but this book is really got me wanting to finish it. That says a lot about current canon books lol
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:40 pm

Ahh I finished the book!!! @Night Huntress

Spoiler:

Overall, great read.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down