Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

+58
MoonFyre
Saracene
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Moonjump05
CienaRee
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
nite0wl29
Kylo Rey
Blood Moon
RosiePancake
panki
Mana
vaderito
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
Maria26
Anakin Skywalker
C.V
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemini
Lily Snape
Kylo Men
adamdrivershair
Irina de France
Lovely_Rose
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ZioRen
bashfulblueeyes3
Forsythia
reylo1992
Tex
snufkin
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
BenRey
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
shii405
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
DarthRen
MrsWindu
62 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion Empty Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by MrsWindu Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

Mod note: this thread is to discuss the TLJ revelations made by Adam Driver in his recent GQ interview and Daisy Ridley in her Japanese interview discussing Rey and Kylo in TLJ. Please see links below.

Apparently Adam Driver drops a few hints about the Last Jedi in this months GQ

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/adam-driver-star-wars-the-last-jedi

‘......The man behind the mask was not a man at all, but rather a young person struggling to come of age. "I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'," Driver recalls, "peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly, he's playing a role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level."....

...."You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey's royal origins....,

He looks damn fine on the cover.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by DarthRen Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

MrsWindu wrote:Apparently Adam Driver drops a few hints about the Last Jedi in this months GQ

‘......The man behind the mask was not a man at all, but rather a young person struggling to come of age. "I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'," Driver recalls, "peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly, he's playing a role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level."....

...."You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey's royal origins....,

@MrsWindu

He also talked about Carrie and advice she gave him. I must say, she was a very honest person. Miss her. Sad

I don't think it's a slip [Adam is too good for that] but I do remember one thing about Rey and how her people are looking for her. Was it in Junior Novelization? Is it possible she is a royalty?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

MrsWindu wrote:Apparently Adam Driver drops a few hints about the Last Jedi in this months GQ

@MrsWindu
WTH  WTH  WTH  WTH
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

@MrsWindu

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion L4r7_f-maxage-0_s-200x150

A princess??????

So the first interview he does he drops a MASSIVE spoiler. No wonder they didn't let him talk until now.  lol!
And I agree he looks amaaaazing.

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion 1440
Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion 1440
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:56 pm

So now we have a prince and a princess Wink
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 29 Oct 2017, 6:59 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:So now we have a prince and a princess Wink
@Moonlight13

OMG please let this be Rey Prana! I've wanted a King Prana lineage since I heard that name. But did you notice that he said Rey is trying to hide who she is?? That means she knows she's royalty. I think I remember hearing that Rey knows who her parents are. Can't recall who said it though, maybe Daisy?

Holy s*** guys. This is so amazing. I think it's the first time I've laughed in days, I really needed that. ^^
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:03 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
@Moonlight13

OMG please let this be Rey Prana! I've wanted a King Prana lineage since I heard that name. But did you notice that he said Rey is trying to hide who she is?? That means she knows she's royalty. I think I remember hearing that Rey knows who her parents are. Can't recall who said it though, maybe Daisy?

Holy s*** guys. This is so amazing. I think it's the first time I've laughed in days, I really needed that. ^^
@Darth Rowan

I think Pablo said she would recognize her parents if she saw them again. Confus
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:04 pm

Looks at cover.

*fans self*

I’m processing the information he dropped. Let’s say she’s an actual princess and people are looking for her.
King Prana’s daughter? (Kidding...mostly. Wait, I think I read part of a fan fic with her as his daughter.)

Here’s a problem - that’s going to take some serious exposition to work for the GA, no matter which princess she is.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
@Moonlight13

@Darth Rowan

I think Pablo said she would recognize her parents if she saw them again. Confus
@Moonlight13

So wait a minute --- does this mean that Rey Skywalker is well and truly DEAD???

Is this the final nail on the Reywalker coffin?????

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion 200

OMG it's Christmas in October and I love it!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:06 pm

That Adam Driver quote has got me all levels of messed up. What the heck? The fact that they allowed Adam to do this reveal is just... WTF!?

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion Giphy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:10 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
@Moonlight13

@Darth Rowan

@Moonlight13

So wait a minute --- does this mean that Rey Skywalker is well and truly DEAD???

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion 200

@Darth Rowan

We can only hope. But I bet Reywalkers will take it as confirmation that she’s a Skywalker.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:12 pm

DarthRen wrote:

@MrsWindu

He also talked about Carrie and advice she gave him. I must say, she was a very honest person. Miss her. Sad

I don't think it's a slip [Adam is too good for that] but I do remember one thing about Rey and how her people are looking for her. Was it in Junior Novelization? Is it possible she is a royalty?
@DarthRen

Sorry but I have a feeling he's talking about Leia, especially in regards to her relationship with her son and the role he played in her husband's death. There is NO way he would let something massive like that slip - I mean he didn't even tell his wife that he landed a massive role in Star Wars, so why would he reveal anything to a magazine journalist?

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
@Moonlight13

@Darth Rowan

@Moonlight13

@Darth Rowan

We can only hope. But I bet Reywalkers will take it as confirmation that she’s a Skywalker.
@PalmettoBlue

More likely Soloits will take it as an evidence. Kylo as Prince and Rey as Princess, siblings.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm

So.. if "she's hiding who she really is so she can survive," does that mean that she knows her own identity?  If so, that would definitely point away from her being a Skywalker.

"@AppleCrumble122" -yeah, I could see it being a statement about Leia as she's a princess who now goes by General and seems to be shunning her royal title. Of course Leia isn't literally hiding who she is and her identity isn't a secret, but I guess it could be figurative.

I still hope it's Rey though...

Last edited by Kessel on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Just little old scavenger Rey is truly dead, and Reywalker. Maybe Rey Solo? The truthers won't let go, but as I have said this is myth and Rey is going to be somebody, Royalty... Princess Rey Palpatine or Princess Kenobi? We shall see...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@MrsWindu

@DarthRen

Sorry but I have a feeling he's talking about Leia, especially in regards to her relationship with her son and the role he played in her husband's death. There is NO way he would let something massive like that slip - I mean he didn't even tell his wife that he landed a massive role in Star Wars, so why would he reveal anything to a magazine journalist?
@AppleCrumble122

It could be another misinterpretation like that author of that infamous Vanity Fair article.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

It's not a "slip". There's no such thing in a controlled environment. If he said that, and apparently he did (judging by the ""), he got permission.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:26 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Just little old scavenger Rey is truly dead, and Reywalker. Maybe Rey Solo? The truthers won't let go, but as I have said this is myth and Rey is going to be somebody, Royalty... Princess Rey Palpatine or Princess Kenobi? We shall see...
@spacebaby45678

reylosource
Just a reminder that the casual audience (and GQ writers) are most certainly not aware of the events of Bloodline - namely, that Leia hid who she was (the daughter of Vader) from EVERYONE including her own son until he was like 23 years old.

So the writer most definitely just assumed Adam was referring to Rey, but Adam clearly knows the context behind Kylo Ren (including the Vader stuff with Leia) so he was talking about Leia not realizing that the writer had no context for it.

Oh well emergency averted... going back to sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:26 pm

So is he talking abt Rey or Leiaaa.... i am pulling my hair and biting my shirt hereeee

Won't the editor confirm to Adam himself before they treat that statement like the ultimate spoiler? I mean with the title SW secrets and spoiler warning and all that??

Last edited by shii405 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@MrsWindu

@DarthRen

@AppleCrumble122

@AppleCrumble122 this was my first thought too. The 'Princess' could be Leia..
But.. if Rey is a princess, that's cool- I don't doubt we'll get an amazing story- princess or no princess Smile

I had no idea who Adam Driver was before TFA.. and I actually prefer to not really know much about actors in RL - I prefer to stick with the characters.. I'm a bit weird. But.. he is looking all kinds of attractive Wink
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

Kessel wrote:So.. if "she's hiding who she really is so she can survive," does that mean that she knows her own identity?  If so, that would definitely point away from her being a Skywalker.

"@AppleCrumble122" -yeah, I could see it being a statement about Leia as she's a princess who now goes by General and seems to be shunning her royal title. Of course Leia isn't literally hiding who she is and her identity  isn't a secret, but I guess it could be figurative.

I still hope it's Rey though...
@Kessel

She does say that who she is "is classified" to BB8.  Also, she has some memory of parents based on the forceback.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

I need clarification
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:33 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Just little old scavenger Rey is truly dead, and Reywalker. Maybe Rey Solo? The truthers won't let go, but as I have said this is myth and Rey is going to be somebody, Royalty... Princess Rey Palpatine or Princess Kenobi? We shall see...
@spacebaby45678

reylosource
Just a reminder that the casual audience (and GQ writers) are most certainly not aware of the events of Bloodline - namely, that Leia hid who she was (the daughter of Vader) from EVERYONE including her own son until he was like 23 years old.

So the writer most definitely just assumed Adam was referring to Rey, but Adam clearly knows the context behind Kylo Ren (including the Vader stuff with Leia) so he was talking about Leia not realizing that the writer had no context for it.

Oh well emergency averted... going back to sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
@spacebaby45678

Yeah, the more I think about it, it could likely be a reference to how Leia hid her identity as Vader's daughter from the galaxy (and Kylo) for all those years (pre-Bloodline) and how Kylo and Leia parallel each other in hiding their true identities, in different ways.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

It could be about Leia, and it could be about Rey. Now, I don't think he would drop a spoiler like that, so I think it's about Rey.Edit: I think its about Leia! What did I write?

I'm sure we'll see Tweets from Pablo, and we'll hear more about it. Stay tuned.

Last edited by AceofWands on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:36 pm

I posted Daisy's japanese interview in the other thread. And I think she was implying Rey has another side of her, and that the hidden truth will be revealed throught that different side of her. I am thinking this is relevant to the hidden identity part, princess or not.

Last edited by shii405 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum