Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

+58
MoonFyre
Saracene
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
LesCousinsDangereux
rey09
Moonjump05
CienaRee
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
nite0wl29
Kylo Rey
Blood Moon
RosiePancake
panki
Mana
vaderito
EchoBase
Kyla Ren
Maria26
Anakin Skywalker
C.V
Darth_Awakened
Man Without A Star
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
Gemini
Lily Snape
Kylo Men
adamdrivershair
Irina de France
Lovely_Rose
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ZioRen
bashfulblueeyes3
Forsythia
reylo1992
Tex
snufkin
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
BenRey
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
shii405
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
Kessel
FrolickingFizzgig
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
DarthRen
MrsWindu
62 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Tex Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

Ok serious shout out to all those who were on the Rey lost Princess theory way back when. I remember talking to a few people about it. Good times guys. Styled So JJ wasn't lying to us when he said that in a fairytale you have a prince and a princess. Now I just need confirmation that there going to go shack up at Vader's castle. Twisted Evil
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Forsythia Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Pablo_15
@Forsythia

Lol he hasn't read it. It's a paragraph and it takes 15 seconds to read it. Laughing Laughing
If he hasn't read it and doesn't know what it's about, how does he know about the tumblr reactions and that it is something people will go crazy over? If he's following the tumblr reactions, he probably knows the quote.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

This is a better translation of Daisy's interview in which she talks about Rey and Kylo's relationship:

"What I want you to pay attention to is that the light and dark sides are not so clearly divided in The Last Jedi. The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo. In fact, Kylo believes that his actions are justified. How will Rey be able to make the right decision? The truth will be revealed through the characters' different affiliations. Johnson's idea is really wonderful." - Daisy Ridley

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:57 pm

I just hate the lack of context and that word "apparently." Like they assumed he's talking about Rey, but didn't clarify?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This is a better translation of Daisy's interview in which she talks about Rey and Kylo's relationship:

"What I want you to pay attention to is that the light and dark sides are not so clearly divided in The Last Jedi. The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo. In fact, Kylo believes that his actions are justified. How will Rey be able to make the right decision? The truth will be revealed through the characters' different affiliations. Johnson's idea is really wonderful." - Daisy Ridley
@FrolickingFizzgig

Omg.

The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo.

I'M DEAD.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This is a better translation of Daisy's interview in which she talks about Rey and Kylo's relationship:

@FrolickingFizzgig

That interview is so extraordinary.  it's like everything we have ever said.  The fusion of affiliations produces the truth.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

Forsythia wrote:
AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Pablo_15
@Forsythia

Lol he hasn't read it. It's a paragraph and it takes 15 seconds to read it. Laughing Laughing
If he hasn't read it and doesn't know what it's about, how does he know about the tumblr reactions and that it is something people will go crazy over? If he's following the tumblr reactions, he probably knows the quote.
@Forsythia

Oh yeah, he knows it. It's a short quote. Plus, he knows the story so he knows if Adam was referring to Rey or Leia.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

Forsythia wrote:
AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

@Forsythia

@Forsythia

Because he "hasn't" read it. Laughing
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

Piper Maru wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Omg.

The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo.

I'M DEAD.
@Piper Maru

My exact reaction.Just, just...faints Shocked

"The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo."

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Oh-my-takei
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

@Forsythia

@Forsythia

@Rei of Sunshine

I'm going to embrace the "I haven't read it" line whenever something comes up on my job and I don't want to talk about it even when I'm fully aware of the events Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

Also, if he didn't know what this was about, he probably would have asked for clarification.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

Maybe it's all planned (AD's interview) and it's part of a MKT program to prepare people for what is coming. I've found that the MKT is more into steering people in the right directions. I think this could be part of it.

Cause LF has been trying to debunk Reywalker for the last year without much success. Maybe they decided on a more aggressive approach? Instead of hinting at who she isn't, they want to generate curiosity as to who Rey is. I think that's pretty brilliant. Even if we learn she's a "princess", there are still tons of questions.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:07 pm

Forsythia wrote:Also, if he didn't know what this was about, he probably would have asked for clarification.
@Forsythia

Right? Pablo tries to act so indifferent Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

I was sure Adam was talking about Leia and how she hid that Vader was her father, but PH's suspicious Tweets make me think it is about Rey. On the other hand, why would they keep everything about Rey's origin a secret for two years just to reveal it a few weeks before TLJ is in cinemas, and spoiling the surprise they set up? And the quote seems so out of context, why was Adam even talking about a Princess?

AceofWands wrote:Cause LF has been trying to debunk Reywalker for the last year without much success. Maybe they decided on a more aggressive approach?
@AceofWands
But I can imagine people seeing this as Skywalker or Solo confirmation, since Padme was a Queen and Leia a Princess.

Last edited by Forsythia on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:22 pm

I think what Adam meant is metaphorically in the way J.J. said it in the commentary. If you look at the first part of the preview article you see that Adam mentions JJ and how Kylo was interpreted to him. Then the second paragraph is about the princess in hiding, just like JJ described Rey "You have a prince and a princess etc".  I believe that is possibly what he meant. I don't think Adam would would put out a big spoiler like that and we don't have the full article.  There was a little bit of click bait about the article. We will find out this week when the article comes out.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

Tex wrote:Ok serious shout out to all those who were on the Rey lost Princess theory way back when. I remember talking to a few people about it. Good times guys. :style: So JJ wasn't lying to us when he said that in a fairytale you have a prince and a princess. Now I just need confirmation that there going to go shack up at Vader's castle. :twisted:
@Tex

Bwahahaha! I do recall around the time Rogue One came out the discussion about how "they're going to re-use this again for the ST, aren't they" included jokes about how he'd take her there to try and impress her.

My original Rey theory after my first viewing was that her parents had some kind of ties to the FO/Snoke, bad sh*t went down where they were in desperate enough straights to stash her at Unkar Plutt's daycare center, and got killed (likely murdered) while off doing whatever wherever that was too dangerous for her to be around. And one of the million dollar questions is how much of the world building Claudie Grey got to do in conjunction with Rian Johnson (and they kept her in the dark about the ST) will show up in the movies? Because the Elder Houses get mentioned both in Leia Princess of Alderaan and Bloodline, where we know that they eventually have factions collaborating with the FO. One of the ideas I've considered is that Rey's parents were like Leia, in a group which got taken out as a threat as part of FO power consolidations. And whoever her family turns out to be, we know LF is going to use them for future novel and comic book tie-ins.  They have to be interesting people doing significant things which tie into the larger story.

Also lost princess in the metaphorical woods would tie in with all of the Fairy Tale metaphors that JJ already used in his DVD commentary.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:30 pm

Forsythia wrote:I was sure Adam was talking about Leia and how she hid that Vader was her father, but PH's suspicious Tweets make me think it is about Rey. But the quote seems so out of context, why was Adam even talking about a Princess?

AceofWands wrote:Cause LF has been trying to debunk Reywalker for the last year without much success. Maybe they decided on a more aggressive approach?
@AceofWands
But I can imagine people seeing this as Skywalker or Solo confirmation, since Padme was a Queen and Leia a Princess.
@Forsythia

True Rey Soloists abandoned the ship once they saw TFA. I can vouch for it. I know that fandom and had forum friends among them (and Reywalkers and Rey Randoms as well), but Reywalkers didn't want to admit they had been wrong. After TFA, and after DR's interview, only a few weirdos who know nothing about SW still insisted on Rey Solo. They are not part of the SW fandom. In fact the Rey Solo theory was quite mocked in traditional SW forums, cause "Leia is not a Skywalker" and other nonsense. So yes, Rey as a princess could mean Rey Solo, but, as a real theory, it's dead. I know, there are weirdos out there, but they really don't mean much.

Reywalker on the other hand has always been huge (among SW fans) and, somehow still is. But Luke was never a royal. Never a prince or a king, never. Anakin was never a Royal, and Padme's role as a queen was weird, like she had a term. She was no longer a queen when she had kids. So princess Rey contradicts Rey Skywalker, which is the big theory.

Unless... Wait, wait. Luke had this awesome relationship with this princess or queen and we'll learn all about it in the ST. That explains it! Cause Reywalker never dies.

That's the twist that they are hiding in the trailer. We'll learn that Holdo was a queen!!! And she's Skymom. That's the real plot of TLJ. The rest was misdirection.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:32 pm

DarthRen wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:So now we have a prince and a princess Wink
@Moonlight13

OMG please let this be Rey Prana! I've wanted a King Prana lineage since I heard that name. But did you notice that he said Rey is trying to hide who she is?? That means she knows she's royalty. I think I remember hearing that Rey knows who her parents are. Can't recall who said it though, maybe Daisy?

Holy s*** guys. This is so amazing. I think it's the first time I've laughed in days, I really needed that. ^^
@Darth Rowan

I think Pablo said she would recognize her parents if she saw them again. Confus
@Moonlight13

So wait a minute --- does this mean that Rey Skywalker is well and truly DEAD???

Is this the final nail on the Reywalker coffin?????

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 200

OMG it's Christmas in October and I love it!
@Darth Rowan

We can only hope. But I bet Reywalkers will take it as confirmation that she’s a Skywalker.
@PalmettoBlue

More likely Soloits will take it as an evidence. Kylo as Prince and Rey as Princess, siblings.
@DarthRen

Where is that jumping cow meme from earlier - the leaps and jumps they take. Amazing, wow. XD

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Latest?cb=20111107222700
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:34 pm

snufkin wrote:
Tex wrote:Ok serious shout out to all those who were on the Rey lost Princess theory way back when. I remember talking to a few people about it. Good times guys. Styled So JJ wasn't lying to us when he said that in a fairytale you have a prince and a princess. Now I just need confirmation that there going to go shack up at Vader's castle. Twisted Evil
@Tex

Bwahahaha! I do recall around the time Rogue One came out the discussion about how "they're going to re-use this again for the ST, aren't they" included jokes about how he'd take her there to try and impress her.

My original Rey theory after my first viewing was that her parents had some kind of ties to the FO/Snoke, bad sh*t went down where they were in desperate enough straights to stash her at Unkar Plutt's daycare center, and got killed (likely murdered) while off doing whatever wherever that was too dangerous for her to be around. And one of the million dollar questions is how much of the world building Claudie Grey got to do in conjunction with Rian Johnson (and they kept her in the dark about the ST) will show up in the movies? Because the Elder Houses get mentioned both in Leia Princess of Alderaan and Bloodline, where we know that they eventually have factions collaborating with the FO. One of the ideas I've considered is that Rey's parents were like Leia, in a group which got taken out as a threat as part of FO power consolidations. And whoever her family turns out to be, we know LF is going to use them for future novel and comic book tie-ins.  They have to be interesting people doing significant things which tie into the larger story.

Also lost princess in the metaphorical woods would tie in with all of the Fairy Tale metaphors that JJ already used in his DVD commentary.
@snufkin
True. It reminds me of princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:35 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:
Darth Rowan wrote:
Moonlight13 wrote:So now we have a prince and a princess Wink
@Moonlight13

OMG please let this be Rey Prana! I've wanted a King Prana lineage since I heard that name. But did you notice that he said Rey is trying to hide who she is?? That means she knows she's royalty. I think I remember hearing that Rey knows who her parents are. Can't recall who said it though, maybe Daisy?

Holy s*** guys. This is so amazing. I think it's the first time I've laughed in days, I really needed that. ^^
@Darth Rowan

I think Pablo said she would recognize her parents if she saw them again. Confus
@Moonlight13

So wait a minute --- does this mean that Rey Skywalker is well and truly DEAD???

Is this the final nail on the Reywalker coffin?????

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 200

OMG it's Christmas in October and I love it!
@Darth Rowan

We can only hope. But I bet Reywalkers will take it as confirmation that she’s a Skywalker.
@PalmettoBlue

More likely Soloits will take it as an evidence. Kylo as Prince and Rey as Princess, siblings.
@DarthRen

Where is that jumping cow meme from earlier - the leaps and jumps they take. Amazing, wow. XD

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Latest?cb=20111107222700
@Darth Rowan

here you go! Lolilol
Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 69611

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:35 pm

Personally, I'm assuming he's talking about Leia and the GQ folks made a mistake until I hear otherwise.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:39 pm

Piper Maru wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Forsythia wrote:
AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:

@Forsythia

@Forsythia

@Rei of Sunshine

I'm going to embrace the "I haven't read it" line whenever something comes up on my job and I don't want to talk about it even when I'm fully aware of the events Laughing
@Piper Maru

In court, this would be "I reserve the right against self-incrimination."

Save yourself Pabs!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:40 pm

@Darth Rowan
Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 3 Giphy

By baby.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:41 pm

AceofWands wrote:
Forsythia wrote:I was sure Adam was talking about Leia and how she hid that Vader was her father, but PH's suspicious Tweets make me think it is about Rey. But the quote seems so out of context, why was Adam even talking about a Princess?

@AceofWands
@Forsythia

True Rey Soloists abandoned the ship once they saw TFA. I can vouch for it. I know that fandom and had forum friends among them (and Reywalkers and Rey Randoms as well), but Reywalkers didn't want to admit they had been wrong. After TFA, and after DR's interview, only a few weirdos who know nothing about SW still insisted on Rey Solo. They are not part of the SW fandom. In fact the Rey Solo theory was quite mocked in traditional SW forums, cause "Leia is not a Skywalker" and other nonsense. So yes, Rey as a princess could mean Rey Solo, but, as a real theory, it's dead. I know, there are weirdos out there, but they really don't mean much.

Reywalker on the other hand has always been huge (among SW fans) and, somehow still is. But Luke was never a royal. Never a prince or a king, never. Anakin was never a Royal, and Padme's role as a queen was weird, like she had a term. She was no longer a queen when she had kids. So princess Rey contradicts Rey Skywalker, which is the big theory.

Unless... Wait, wait. Luke had this awesome relationship with this princess or queen and we'll learn all about it in the ST. That explains it! Cause Reywalker never dies.

That's the twist that they are hiding in the trailer. We'll learn that Holdo was a queen!!! And she's Skymom. That's the real plot of TLJ. The rest was misdirection.
Don't forget that antis aren't very good at arguing, for them Padme = queen and Leia = Princess might be a good enough connection to Princess Rey to see Reywalker confirmed Very Happy

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I think what Adam meant is metaphorically in the way J.J. said it in the commentary. If you look at the first part of the preview article you see that Adam mentions JJ and how Kylo was interpreted to him. Then the second paragraph is about the princess in hiding, just like JJ described Rey "You have a prince and a princess etc".  I believe that is possibly what he meant. I don't think Adam would would put out a big spoiler like that and we don't have the full article.  There was a little bit of click bait about the article. We will find out this week when the article comes out.
You mean Adam was just comparing Kylo hiding his identity to a Princess hiding her identity?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:41 pm

@Moonlight13, way back in the early days of this forum was the discussion about how Rey could literally be like Little Red (Rey'd) Riding Hood, Snow White, or Hansel and Gretel as the metaphorical babe abandoned in the woods to fend for herself. It's why books which play on the themes of Dark/Adult Fairy Tales have come up in discussions here, like Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber, Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Phillip Pullmann's His Dark Materials, or (I just recommended to @BastilaBey) Carmen Maria Machado's Her Body and Other Parties.

And poor @Darth Dingbat, slumbering away in her time zone with no idea that Rey Prana has risen from the grave! She's the person I think first proposed that it could literally be a situation where Rey was abandoned by a huntsman who didn't have the heart to murder a small child versus whatever else happened to the rest of her family.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next