Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

+62
panki
Acritiqua
liveinsummee
spacebaby45678
Casper
Darth_marshmallow
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
tukicarreno
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Kyla Ren
RosiePancake
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
Tex
AnneNeville
SoloSideCousin
shii405
ReyofLightSide
Forsythia
Saracene
Lucina
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Man Without A Star
Lovely_Rose
Kylo Rey
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
AngryDragonPuppy
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
Irina de France
Darth Rowan
Xylo Ren
Starliteprism
snufkin
EchoBase
Piper Maru
rawpowah
Night Huntress
MindAndMagic
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
DarthRen
Moonjump05
nite0wl29
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
IoJovi
motherofpearl1
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
66 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by DarthRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:36 pm

To add to my previous comment about Kylo and his conflicted feelings for Rey.

From StarWars.com article about recent Disney Emoji Blitz. Here's what the author said. Pretty much lines up with what Adam said.

We also pull from the character for inspiration. The Kylo Ren emoji heart eye expression actually uses broken hearts. Kylo Ren’s character doesn’t feel that emotion anymore, so we twisted that expression to be more accurate. wrote:

Don't worry Kylo, feel the light of Rey.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:39 pm

Well, well, well... Today has been pretty damn good! Very Happy I saw someone subtweeting Rian with a “think of the children” tut-tut lecture and I took great pleasure in pouring some salt on that antis wound. I’m not usually one for being petty but they’ve had this one coming with bells on it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:39 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This just keeps getting better and better cheers Happy tears for real Sad Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

I'm super late to this party, but OMG tears and dancing around my apartment. I know I'll be grinning, crying and completely overwhelmed seeing it in theaters. Dreams do come true lol. So glad we're going to have a chance to see the movie together. Only another Reylo can appreciate the rollercoaster we've been through. I love you
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

DarthRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Atenais wrote:
vaderito wrote:EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 00026912

Supremacy.
@vaderito

Yes, Supremacy. She doesn't have any beat on her face. When this happens? [What a day!]
@Atenais

But her chest looks a bit red as well as her cheeks a little. Maybe there was a little action of some sort prior? Face-off? etc.
@Starliteprism

The fact that she has no bruise kinda confirms that the Crait arc takes place only after after the Supremacy arc
@reylo1992

It seems so, then why is Kylo still wth FO? If he bertrays Snoke and helps Rey. Confusing to say at least.
@DarthRen

You already know my headcanons Darth Wink

Or Three Outlaw Samurai scenario with the idea of constantly changing side, but I don't know if it is very good for his redemption arc to be seen as a traitor who constantly changes direction like the wind.

And how would Snoke react to Rey escaping? I suppose that he would blame him and punish him for that in any case.
@reylo1992

I can see Kylo being conflicted because of Rey but not really the Resistance or FO. Like his allegiances will be to her and not any faction. He struggles with it.
@DarthRen

This made me think of Hux's line: Careful Ren, that your personal concerns don't interfere with Leader Snoke, blah, blah.
First of all - Supreme Leader is a very Nazi title to my ears, but I digress.
My real thought: Ren seems to be searching for Luke, then gets sidetracked by Rey. I can completely see him leaving the First Order. Yeah, I mean, he's into it because he thinks order is better than chaos, but he's no Hux. And he thinks Snoke is a better teacher than Luke (I guess - and d@mn Luke, you sucked at teaching if Snoke's better than you.) I think that in the final analysis Kylo is very much on HIS side, right? And now he's found someone with whom he has a great deal in common, so he going to expand his care circle (if you'll pardon the phrase) to include her. So sure, he might not like her very much at the moment, but he will respect her (already does). And he's freaking lonely. I think they will end this movie together - maybe not romantically, but together.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm

I haven't been able to post yet today, but this article made my day. I've been internally squealing with joy since I read it because it shows that we are getting the significant development between Rey and Kylo we have been expecting and I love what Rian says about Kylo. I need time to process it still, but so many things said in that article sound like things people here have been saying for almost two years.

I was completely unspoiled for TFA and I'm trying to stay unspoiled for TLJ, but it's so difficult! I don't know if I'm going to win that battle, lol.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:56 pm

Thanks for the updates, guys! I have been way out of the loop--but I have been watching news and trailers. I feel affirmed by what has been released.

Looks like the age when Ben was targeted by Snoke has been revised downwards from before, when people insisted he was a influenced as an adult. I suspect this is the key to his backstory being made more sympathetic.

Of course, we said that ...
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Anakin Skywalker Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm

So now we can be sure and more confident then ever
but for antis:
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 23768610

btw, this is Hax in front of Snoke, and his boss seems to be mad at him, wonder why? Snoke as now we can see will be as hologram in TLJ too
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 Dpbl7i10

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm

RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

So... i wonder where are Rey's old, wet clothes Confus  Did Kylo keep them in his room? Confus
@RosiePancake
I would laugh if this outfit ends up to be something meant to make her look presentable for Snoke. Her makeup is on-point and her hair is neat.

You know Kylo had that costume custom ordered. Inspired by her Jakku outfit and his tunic with a splash of Luke.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:12 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:Based on the article Kylo might end up being Rey's true teacher in the long run?

When Rey feels rejected by Luke Skywalker, who also sees parallels between the power in her and the abilities of his estranged nephew, the old Jedi master inadvertently pushes the two toward each other.

“This is very much about Rey trying to figure out how she fits into all this, much like any of us as we’re growing up, as we’re transitioning from childhood into adulthood,” Johnson says. “You’re going meet people who you think are going help who don’t. And help is also going come from unexpected places.”

Such total misdirection.

It's a dream! It's a vision!

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:13 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
You know Kylo had that costume custom ordered. Inspired by her Jakku outfit and his tunic with a splash of Luke.

She still has those awful arm things. So I hope not.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:15 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

So... i wonder where are Rey's old, wet clothes Confus  Did Kylo keep them in his room? Confus
@RosiePancake
I would laugh if this outfit ends up to be something meant to make her look presentable for Snoke. Her makeup is on-point and her hair is neat.

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yes! At this point the movie is shaping up be a compilation of Reylo fanfics. A greatest hits version hehehe Razz
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:29 pm

Tex wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This just keeps getting better and better cheers Happy tears for real Sad Very Happy
@Cowgirlsamurai

I'm super late to this party, but OMG tears and dancing around my apartment. I know I'll be grinning, crying and completely overwhelmed seeing it in theaters. Dreams do come true lol. So glad we're going to have a chance to see the movie together. Only another Reylo can appreciate the rollercoaster we've been through. I love you
@Tex

OMG, girl! Today has been the most emotional roller coaster that involved the excitement here and a conflict that made me change my tickets for opening night to a later time (through some miracle I was able to!) But I can't wait to see this movie with someone who cares about it as much as I do and who knows the online fandom. December 16th! I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:42 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

@RosiePancake

@FrolickingFizzgig

Have we ever seen her wear the complete outfit on Ahch-To? I only remember seeing her in her old Resistance outfit or with her top (when she had her hair down), but I can't remember seeing her wearing the dark tunic anywhere except on promotional pictures, BTS footage that was not in Ahch-To and now here with Kylo. So maybe this really is the first time she's wearing the outfit.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:49 pm

I've just read that Kylo has to die because there is no other road for him. Finn willl convince to abandon the dark side and Kylo. Finn and Rey are meant to be and together they'll defeat Kylo, Snoke and FO.

What a story! We better pack our bags because we clearly know nothing about this.

Last edited by DarthRen on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:49 pm

RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

@RosiePancake

Every time I look at this shot, I tilt my head a little more. It tells me that if Kylo and Rey are meant to fight on Ahch-To, nothing harmful comes of it. There's not a scratch on Rey, and she doesn't look ruffled in the least even in the middle of a deadly place as Kylo walks up behind her. If anything, she looks as fresh and done up as we've ever seen her. If Kylo is the one who brings her there, he doesn't lay a finger on her.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:58 pm

@ZioRen

She looks so confident. Maybe she decided to go to Snoke on her own? Kylo isn't even that close to her in that picture, so at least he didn't have to drag her to Snoke. Provided that scene really is in the Throne Room with Snoke. Maybe it isn't and they are in Kylo's room Very Happy
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:02 pm

ZioRen wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

@RosiePancake

Every time I look at this shot, I tilt my head a little more. It tells me that if Kylo and Rey are meant to fight on Ahch-To, nothing harmful comes of it. There's not a scratch on Rey, and she doesn't look ruffled in the least even in the middle of a deadly place as Kylo walks up behind her. If anything, she looks as fresh and done up as we've ever seen her. If Kylo is the one who brings her there, he doesn't lay a finger on her.
@ZioRen

Definitely not the kind of image you expect from someone who is supposed to be captured. She looks indeed fresh (not sweaty), hairs in order, strange dark tunic, calm expression,...  Not the image of someone who has fought just before and was taken here forcefully. On top of that Daisy saying that Rey is a grown girl who will make questionable decisions. Still doesn't seem like she is someone who's gonna turn to the DS.So what is the deal? Would she trust Kylo enough to go with him? Would she not fear to find herself in front of Snoke? Hmmm...
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:06 pm

Another thought, maybe Kylo doesn't bring her there at all and she goes to Snoke completely on her own. Imagine Kylo's surprise when Rey just walks in their to talk with Snoke.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:12 pm

Forsythia wrote:@ZioRen

She looks so confident. Maybe she decided to go to Snoke on her own? Kylo isn't even that close to her in that picture, so at least he didn't have to drag her to Snoke. Provided that scene really is in the Throne Room with Snoke. Maybe it isn't and they are in Kylo's room Very Happy
@Forsythia

Maybe it isn't Snoke's Throne room. Maybe this is some kind of callback to ROTJ with Rey sort of coming here on her own will and Kylo is the one who goes to meet her. Maye this is the reason why his face expression here shows him puzzle with a little smile, who knows?
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 10 Tumblr65
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:13 pm

So are the same people who were arguing that the hand reach in the trailer was a misdirect/baiting an outlier group of fans making the same arguments now? This is 100% confirmation of everything we’ve wanted to discuss from the beginning about their character arcs individually and in relation to each other only to get shouted down as lol Twilight 50 Shades bulls*it and mansplaining. Two things

1. Remember the discussion about the Narnia books and how the White Witch uses Edmund’s insecurities and resentment to seduce him? Sounds awfully familiar in the EW article.

2. For those of you looking for a distraction, have you read Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus? Similar themes and female/male dueling magicians who defy their mentors to ally instead of killing each other

Marco and Celia, the novel's star-crossed heroes, are gifted magicians who enter into an epic contest set down by their mentors as a kind of gentleman's wager. The pair are still in grade school when the gauntlet is thrown, and so do not fully understand what they're training for and why. Yet, through arduous study with their masters (old rivals on the Victorian magic circuit), the young apprentices develop impressive skills, like the ability to heal wounds and read glyphs. Later, when as teenagers they meet by chance outside a London cafe (in the rain, of course), they fall suddenly and deeply in love.

Morgenstern's plot soon enough cribs from the Bard. Her Romeo and Juliet are bound to a rivalry bigger than themselves, and from which they cannot escape. Still, they believe that love can overcome the supernatural.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:34 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:

Supremacy.
@vaderito

@RosiePancake

@ZioRen

Definitely not the kind of image you expect from someone who is supposed to be captured. She looks indeed fresh (not sweaty), hairs in order, strange dark tunic, calm expression,...  Not the image of someone who has fought just before and was taken here forcefully. On top of that Daisy saying that Rey is a grown girl who will make questionable decisions. Still doesn't seem like she is someone who's gonna turn to the DS.So what is the deal?  Would she trust Kylo enough to go with him? Would she not fear to find herself in front of Snoke? Hmmm...
@reylo1992

So much all of this! This image is probably the most groomed I've ever seen Rey look. I swear, Rey always looks her most beautiful when she's in scenes with Kylo...Her hair and face look immaculate. Her expression is also so open and clear. Whatever happened to make her come before Snoke, with Kylo behind her, it doesn't look like it involved a struggle, it looks like it was her decision.

We know Snoke "tests" her. I wonder what thats supposed to mean, other than it looks painful...poor Rey.

Last edited by Kessel on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

Even if Kylo doesn't bring her, it certainly is interesting if this scene is after the two supposedly fight on Ahch-To (which I'm starting to wonder if that even happens?) If they've already fought, he doesn't leave a mark on her. So much for feral revenge mode! Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:37 pm

So many things have been happening today. I'm overwhelmed. rabbit
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:44 pm

I just want to point out that we were always right about Kylo's love/hate feelings towards Rey. In the article it's described as complex and tinged with infatuation. I know some fans theorized that Disney would downplay it and make a simple explanation for his interest because it has to appeal to children, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next