Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

+62
panki
Acritiqua
liveinsummee
spacebaby45678
Casper
Darth_marshmallow
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
tukicarreno
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Kyla Ren
RosiePancake
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
Tex
AnneNeville
SoloSideCousin
shii405
ReyofLightSide
Forsythia
Saracene
Lucina
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Man Without A Star
Lovely_Rose
Kylo Rey
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
AngryDragonPuppy
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
Irina de France
Darth Rowan
Xylo Ren
Starliteprism
snufkin
EchoBase
Piper Maru
rawpowah
Night Huntress
MindAndMagic
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
DarthRen
Moonjump05
nite0wl29
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
IoJovi
motherofpearl1
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
66 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 11 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:00 pm

Forsythia wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
RosiePancake wrote:
vaderito wrote:EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 11 00026912

Supremacy.
@vaderito

So... i wonder where are Rey's old, wet clothes Confus  Did Kylo keep them in his room? Confus
@RosiePancake
I would laugh if this outfit ends up to be something meant to make her look presentable for Snoke. Her makeup is on-point and her hair is neat.

You know Kylo had that costume custom ordered. Inspired by her Jakku outfit and his tunic with a splash of Luke.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Have we ever seen her wear the complete outfit on Ahch-To? I only remember seeing her in her old Resistance outfit or with her top (when she had her hair down), but I can't remember seeing her wearing the dark tunic anywhere except on promotional pictures, BTS footage that was not in Ahch-To and now here with Kylo. So maybe this really is the first time she's wearing the outfit.
@Forsythia

Maybe Kylo gives her the cowl to wear when he officially becomes her teacher. Stretcher
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 11 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by IoJovi Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:I just want to point out that we were always right about Kylo's love/hate feelings towards Rey. In the article it's described as complex and tinged with infatuation. I know some fans theorized that Disney would downplay it and make a simple explanation for his interest because it has to appeal to children, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
@Lovely_Rose

I know some here didn’t quite like the fact that envy was one of the emotions Kylo feels towards Rey, but in the context of everything that has transpired, it makes sense. She has almost everything that by right should have been his, from the admiration of his family, to piloting the Millennium Falcon, to his legacy lightsaber. She even has the same inherent raw powah that he knows well. I love that it’s more than a single note “villainous crush” many of us speculated about in the beginning. Envy, admiration, and “something else he can’t pin point.” It’ll be so fun to watch him try to unravel it all and come to terms with it.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

Btw, do you think he wears his infamous Vader cape there? I don't think so but I am not sure.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:14 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Lovely_Rose wrote:I just want to point out that we were always right about Kylo's love/hate feelings towards Rey. In the article it's described as complex and tinged with infatuation. I know some fans theorized that Disney would downplay it and make a simple explanation for his interest because it has to appeal to children, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
@Lovely_Rose

I know some here didn’t quite like the fact that envy was one of the emotions Kylo feels towards Rey, but in the context of everything that has transpired, it makes sense.  She has almost everything that by right should have been his, from the admiration of his family, to piloting the Millennium Falcon, to his legacy lightsaber.  She even has the same inherent raw powah that he knows well.  I love that it’s more than a single note “villainous crush” many of us speculated about in the beginning.  Envy, admiration, and “something else he can’t pin point.”  It’ll be so fun to watch him try to unravel it all and come to terms with it.

@IoJovi

That makes perfectly sense IMO. And even if he didn't seem mad at her, she still disfigured him, sort of abandoned him to his death(which in regard to his trust issues ain't a small detail) and will most probably be the reason of his humiliation in front of Snoke, Hux and the FO in general. No wonder that he'll resent her. That's why I find strange that she would come to him that easily. I wouldn't be surprised if there is actually some time gap between the Ahch-To arc and the Supremacy arc so that they wouldn't have met for a while and so would have got accostumed to their Force Bond. Reylo (accidental or not) Force dates is on my bingo card Laughing

Last edited by reylo1992 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Lovely_Rose

I know some here didn’t quite like the fact that envy was one of the emotions Kylo feels towards Rey, but in the context of everything that has transpired, it makes sense.  She has almost everything that by right should have been his, from the admiration of his family, to piloting the Millennium Falcon, to his legacy lightsaber.  She even has the same inherent raw powah that he knows well.  I love that it’s more than a single note “villainous crush” many of us speculated about in the beginning.  Envy, admiration, and “something else he can’t pin point.”  It’ll be so fun to watch him try to unravel it all and come to terms with it.

@IoJovi

IMO, the "something else he can't pin point" is Adam-under-NDA-speak that Kylo is already crazy about her, but doesn't even know what the he** he is feeling because he's been so miserable and in the Snoke vortex for so long that he barely knows what a positive feeling is anymore. He also has never felt anything like this for a woman before.  That turns people upside down with a normal history,  forget about him. So he is going to have to swim a little out of his usual array of miserable emotions to even get a sense of what is happening to him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:25 pm

I haven't followed the timeline discussion super-carefully, but I'd be very surprised if Rey's confrontation with Snoke wasn't the climax of the film. It would be like, in RotJ, Luke met Palpatine, then got away and then a whole lot of other stuff happened. The Big Boss confrontation usually happens in the end for a reason. I'd guess that Rey's meeting with Snoke happens somehow in the midst of the general FO/The Resistance fight, and that Rey changes her outfit when she catches up with Finn and the rest before the big final battle. These naturally could all be wrong, but I also think that the plot of the movie won't be *that* complicated.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:27 pm

Well, I'm late to the party as usual and I'm still trying to catch up with everything, but this really is a pleasant surprise to help tide us over until the movie opens. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:38 pm

Hate and envy are easy emotions for Kylo to feel toward Rey now. They're a logical starting point. She's a threat to his identity and perception of himself. He's also very insecure and full of negative feelings. Of course he would be envious of a new Force user that is as powerful as him. Especially if she came out of nowhere. However, we also have confirmation that he has admiration for her. He harbors feelings of abandonment and isolation and that feeds into feelings of a respect/kinship/connection toward her in spite of his resentment.

His feelings for her are going to be complicated and frustrating (for him). That kind of hate he has toward her could easily be swung the other way because it's already tinged with conflicted feelings. There's a fine line between love and hate in a scenario like this one.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:44 pm

Saracene wrote:I haven't followed the timeline discussion super-carefully, but I'd be very surprised if Rey's confrontation with Snoke wasn't the climax of the film. It would be like, in RotJ, Luke met Palpatine, then got away and then a whole lot of other stuff happened. The Big Boss confrontation usually happens in the end for a reason. I'd guess that Rey's meeting with Snoke happens somehow in the midst of the general FO/The Resistance fight, and that Rey changes her outfit when she catches up with Finn and the rest before the big final battle. These naturally could all be wrong, but I also think that the plot of the movie won't be *that* complicated.
@Saracene

She has no bruises with Snoke and is at Crait with Finn and Rose. Finn has his FO pants and Kylo is with FO. Most likely Crait is the final confrontation.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:03 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Saracene wrote:I haven't followed the timeline discussion super-carefully, but I'd be very surprised if Rey's confrontation with Snoke wasn't the climax of the film. It would be like, in RotJ, Luke met Palpatine, then got away and then a whole lot of other stuff happened. The Big Boss confrontation usually happens in the end for a reason. I'd guess that Rey's meeting with Snoke happens somehow in the midst of the general FO/The Resistance fight, and that Rey changes her outfit when she catches up with Finn and the rest before the big final battle. These naturally could all be wrong, but I also think that the plot of the movie won't be *that* complicated.
@Saracene

She has no bruises with Snoke and is at Crait with Finn and Rose. Finn has his FO pants and Kylo is with FO. Most likely Crait is the final confrontation.
@DarthRen

I wouldn't necessarily go by the tiny snippets that tell you nothing about how long the scenes they're taken from are, though.

I think that the finale will likely be a grand multi-strand thing with different characters changing locations a few times.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:05 pm

@Lovely_Rose
That's Kylo for you. He can't come to terms with admiring anybody because he feels so beaten down by his lot in life and so he internally twists that admiration into corrosive (love that word)! hate, fear and envy. The classist insults make the whole thing funnier because it showcases Kylo's entitlement.

And yet... in the moment, he can't help it.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 11 Tumblr_o80tniWCeP1rm7e8zo1_500

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:08 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Lovely_Rose

@IoJovi

IMO, the "something else he can't pin point" is Adam-under-NDA-speak that Kylo is already crazy about her, but doesn't even know what the he** he is feeling because he's been so miserable and in the Snoke vortex for so long that he barely knows what a positive feeling is anymore. He also has never felt anything like this for a woman before.  That turns people upside down with a normal history,  forget about him. So he is going to have to swim a little out of his usual array of miserable emotions to even get a sense of what is happening to him.
@SoloSideCousin

Yup,deffinatly but can I say that I kind of find it adorable that he has no idea he's falling hard for Rey which is a stark contrast to Anakin and Han who knew what they felt towards Padme and Leia,weren't ashamed of these feelings and tried to make them realize they feel the same way.I like the fact that time time around it's different and more complicated and both Kylo and Rey are more on an equal footing since they both feel abandoned and have this raw power inside them which makes them potentially dangerous.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm

Saracene wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Saracene

@DarthRen

I wouldn't necessarily go by the tiny snippets that tell you nothing about how long the scenes they're taken from are, though.

I think that the finale will likely be a grand multi-strand thing with different characters changing locations a few times.
@Saracene

Rian said somewhere that there is a moment that shall leave the audience breath for air. I don't think that the confrontation with Snoke is the climax because there is obviously much happening after that. And I don't believe that the SW crew would have spoiled the torture moment if it was meant to be the climax. Rey/Snoke and Finn/Phasma are super spoilery moments, which I find too suspect to be the real climax.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm

Saracene wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@Saracene

@DarthRen

@Saracene

It's very telling at least in basic terms. Rey is on Supremacy and then Crait along with Finn and co. What happens there is mystery but how else would you explain her injuries and clothes for Finn.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:21 pm

@DarthRen I could be wrong, but if Rey was to go from Anch-To straight to Snoke, why the change of clothes (if I remember right Rey does wear her new outfit in the brief torture snippet)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there ever a shot of Rey in her new Jedi outfit on Anch-To? Does she for some reason make a stop at the galactic store for some shopping before meeting Snoke?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:23 pm

reylo1992 wrote:Btw, do you think he wears his infamous Vader cape there? I don't think so but I am not sure.
@reylo1992

I don’t think he has it on because you can see the red dots right beside him which I think would be obscured by the cape if it was billowing at all. EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 11 Abb0ad10

And Rey, as so many have said, looks flawless here.

My head canon here is that Kylo felt her arrive was he was looking out into the hangar bay, then we get shot if him looking astounded. So, he’s a bit late to the party.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm

I AM SO LATE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START

HOLY SITH WHAT A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE Y'ALL!!!

I WAS SO STRESSED OVER WORK BECAUSE I HAVE ILLUSTRATION COMMISSIONS FOR 4 BOOKS WHICH ARE DUE LAST WEEK AND I'M STILL WORKING ON THEM NOW BUT MY STRESS LIKE MELTED OFF WHEN I SAW THIS NEW THREAD BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN SEEING MY BABIES TOGETHER.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

Just read anti's tweet "Don't worry! We will find a way so that Reylo will not exist!" OMG I LOLed so hard. They seem to be in great frustration that their words doesn't make sense anymore lol!

To be honest, this EW article is quite a spoiler. But I didn't feel its a spoiler bcos I have been reading the same thing these two years. So I'm confused, haha. But why do you guys think LF decided to spoil this much? I guess, they realized Reylo is gonna be a huge blow for GA, so they decided to prep and familiarize Reylo idea to GA? Then the real shocker twist will be a bigger blow for all of us?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

Looks like Kylo takes Rey clothes shopping before going off to meet daddy Snoke.

But damn guys, more validation!!!
Keep it coming Star Wars, keep it coming!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:36 pm

Also, I get the feeling that Anthony Breznican has already seen the movie....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:41 pm

This is so true:  lol!
https://reyloluv.tumblr.com/post/167673876282/kylo-be-like
Kylo thinking about Rey:
Spoiler:
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm

Yes I am wondering what the big uber twist will be. Will Kylo lead the storm troopers into battle and then he and the Resistance turn on them? Is the twist the big baddie? What IS it? Cause we have guessed a lot of them already.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:00 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:Yes I am wondering what the big uber twist will be. Will Kylo lead the storm troopers into battle and then he and the Resistance turn on them? Is the twist the big baddie? What IS it? Cause we have guessed a lot of them already.
@ReyofLightSide

I think that one thing is mote or less clear, it will be about Kylo, Rey, Luke and Snoke in some way. Whatever that twist is.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

Kessel wrote:Hate and envy are easy emotions for Kylo to feel toward Rey now. They're a logical starting point. She's a threat to his identity and perception of himself. He's also very insecure and full of negative feelings. Of course he would be envious of a new Force user that is as powerful as him. Especially if she came out of nowhere. However, we also have confirmation that he has admiration for her. He harbors feelings of abandonment and isolation and that feeds into feelings of a respect/kinship/connection toward her in spite of his resentment.

His feelings for her are going to be complicated and frustrating (for him). That kind of hate he has toward her could easily be swung the other way because it's already tinged with conflicted feelings. There's a fine line between love and hate in a scenario like this one.
@Kessel

Hate and envy and anger are also the emotions Kylo KNOWS. It's his "comfort zone" while he's trying to stay on the dark side. Confronting what he fears about her, and that "something else" (and lbr the two are probably intertwined in some ways), is what's going to be difficult. He'd logically try to just focus on the anger and envy part at first, or even morph those other feelings into more anger (which can be easily done. After all, as you said, there's a fine line there).

But we all know that the story will be in how the other side of those feelings will eventually burst through no matter how hard he tries to suppress them. Kylo ain't great at suppressing his feelings. Laughing

Though honestly, and I think I said it before, most of the things we're discussing here were aspects that Breznican wrote and that don't come from direct quotes in the article. Unless we know Breznican has seen it, and even if he has, all of that could simply be his inference and not based in solid fact.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:04 pm

shii405 wrote:Just read anti's tweet "Don't worry! We will find a way so that Reylo will not exist!" OMG I LOLed so hard. They seem to be in great frustration that their words doesn't make sense anymore lol!

To be honest, this EW article is quite a spoiler. But I didn't feel its a spoiler bcos I have been reading the same thing these two years. So I'm confused, haha. But why do you guys think LF decided to spoil this much? I guess, they realized Reylo is gonna be a huge blow for GA, so they decided to prep and familiarize Reylo idea to GA? Then the real shocker twist will be a bigger blow for all of us?
@shii405

Most of the stuff in this article can be deduced from watching the October 9th trailer.  Not just in terms of Reylo, but how it unfolds.  I had previously gotten the point that Rey and Kylo both share the raw power, and have issues with abandonment.  Luke’s refusal to train Rey is going to drive her to get the answers she needs from Kylo.  There’s little tidbits here and there about Kylo’s feelings - envy, admiration and....something else.  The “something else” isn’t technically a spoiler as it will likely fly over the GA’s head, even though everyone here on this board gets what it means.  

The one thing I did get from out of the article came from pictures rather than text, and it was Rey’s lack of bruising in our first ever picture of her with Kylo in the same scene.  It helped me nail down the timeline a bit more than I previously understood it.  Again though, that wouldn’t be something the GA would pick up on as you have to have been following along close like we have to discover it.

So yeah, on the surface it seems spoilers, but it’s nothing that can’t be deduced from earlier released material.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next