Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

+62
panki
Acritiqua
liveinsummee
spacebaby45678
Casper
Darth_marshmallow
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
tukicarreno
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Kyla Ren
RosiePancake
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
Tex
AnneNeville
SoloSideCousin
shii405
ReyofLightSide
Forsythia
Saracene
Lucina
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Man Without A Star
Lovely_Rose
Kylo Rey
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
AngryDragonPuppy
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
Irina de France
Darth Rowan
Xylo Ren
Starliteprism
snufkin
EchoBase
Piper Maru
rawpowah
Night Huntress
MindAndMagic
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
DarthRen
Moonjump05
nite0wl29
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
IoJovi
motherofpearl1
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
66 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by reylo1992 Fri 24 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

Darth_marshmallow wrote:@panki @SoloSideCousin

Yeah, I would like to see him being strong in the force more than ever but not using it, choosing humble life.
My headcanon is that he lives as a simple man on some godforesaken planet, helping people. He lets Rey choose her own path and hopefully she follows her heart.
@Darth_marshmallow

I wouldn't be surprised if Reylo would sort willingly of give up their raw power by the end of Episode 9, a little like Harry Potter decides todestroy the Elwer Wand. Maybe they'll come to the conclusion that the Force ain't meant to be used by Force users for any divine/salvation purpose like it was in the Jedi way. When you think about it, the galaxy was always clearly divided between those who use the Force and those who don't use it because they're not considered as worthy.

I think that what we'll learn with that new ST is that everybody can connect to the Force as a living source and that it is actually better not to try to use it as a power.And this is exactly the problem behind that raw power in Kylo and Rey. That make them potential weapons that can be used as weapon of mass destruction for evil purpose.

That's one of my strongest reason to believe that the ST is meant to take influence after Atlantis - the Lost Empire and the Castle of the Sky (Disney having taken influence from The Castle in the Sky for Atlantis). When I saw RO, I found it stricking how much there was a strong opposition between:
- (mis)use of nature through the use of the kyber cristal to create the Death Star as a weapon of mass destruction
- harmony with nature through the idea of connecting with the Force in a "pacific" way: "Trust the Force" (Lyra Erso), "I am one with the Force"
I would say that this idea was introduced in RO and it will a key arc in the ST: the use and conception  of the Force has been derived from its original sense. The Force has progressively become a power energy aiming at destroying ennemis (Jedi vs. Sith, LS vs.DS) instead of being used energy to bind people. So there is some kind of "ecological" discourse with this idea that arrogance leads human beings  to find ways to control nature and that one must come back to the original beauty and sense of nature if I may say.

And indeed, this is the lesson teached both in Atlantis and The Castle in the Sky. If there is one Disney that shows the destructive consequences to (mis)use a powerful energy source as a weapon, it is Atlantis:

King Kashekim Nedakh: In a way. The crystal thrives on the collective emotions of all who came before us. In return, it provides power. Longevity. Protection. As it grew, it developed a consciousness of its own. [coughs] In my arrogance, I sought to use it as a weapon of war. But its power proved too great to control. It overwhelmed us...and led to our destruction.

The original story from the Castle in Sky is even clearer about the lesson because contrary to Atlantis the villain ain't driven by money:

Col. Muska:  You really are being very silly about this. You think I'm doing this for money? You understand NOTHING! According to the legend, the same technology that kept Laputa airborne also made it a major power that once dominated the entire planet! If such a horrible thing is still floating up there, you can understand what a threat it is to the peace of the world.

[...]

Sheeta: This is no longer a throne room. This is a tomb for the both of us. You see, a king without compassion does not deserve a kingdom. You will *never* possess the crystal! You and I will die here, together. Now I understand why the people of Laputa vanished. This is a song from my home in the valley of Gondoa that explains everything. It says, "Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring." No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love.

That says it all, people.

I don't know to what extent Disney/LF could have got inspiration from this but my feeling is that the point of the ST is precisely here. Like the people of Laputa renuncing to the power of the chrystal, maybe Ben and Rey will have to renounce to that rawpower. This would be a powerful conclusion to have them becoming "normal"people. After all, did being the Chosen One made Anakin a happy man. He lose everything when he became all powerful like he already wanted to be in AOTC. How powerful it would be if Ben (and Rey) would choose love over power even if it would require to give up their powers. I guess they would want to protect their children at any costand put an end to the Skywalker curse.

Episode 9 could come to that conclusion so what could Episode 8 be about? Possibly showing the extent of the raw power and how it can be misused for destructive purpose maybe even scarier than we think because let's keep in mind that Crait would play a key role in the battle. And this:
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captur84
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captu245
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captu244
...reminds me very much of something we've seen already in TFA - a weapon of mass destrution using the power of the Sun (Son)

Knowing that the FO has now no weapon of mass destruction, I wonder what is Snoke's plan to kick the Resistance's a** and sort of rule over the galaxy if he doesn't acquire one somehow. And from my POV, that would really suck if whatever plan he has he wouldn't achieved it given the fact that he has been working in the shadows since at least Finn's birth (since he was taken away as a baby) if not Ben's.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 25 Nov 2017, 10:15 am

MSW interviewed Anthony Breznican about his writing process for the EW coverage:

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/ews-breznican-set-table-star-wars/

He also said some more videos are coming next week.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 25 Nov 2017, 11:32 am

Kylo Rey wrote:MSW interviewed Anthony Breznican about his writing process for the EW coverage:

@Kylo Rey

Pretty neat article, and an extremely lucky guy.  It also confirms what we all suspected - he has been one of the lucky few to have already seen TLJ...

And this quote:

This really isn’t going to go the way we think. Everyone has opinions about Rey and Kylo Ren, but it seems a certainty that everyone is also going to be surprised by their actions in The Last Jedi. “Anybody that’s committed to anything, at a certain point in their life… you kind of constantly question why you got into it in the first place,” said Driver to Breznican.

Sympethtic backstory with a dash of Reylo here we come!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:16 pm

@IoJovi Where do you guys get that Breznican saw TLJ? I read about it on Reddit too but can't see it in his quotes. scratch
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:26 pm

vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Where do you guys get that Breznican saw TLJ? I read about it on Reddit too but can't see it in his quotes. scratch
@vaderito
Same. I saw a few people mention that he'd seen it, but it doesn't say that anywhere from what I can see. I'm sure Rian and others just told him as much as he needed to know for the sake of editorializing.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Where do you guys get that Breznican saw TLJ? I read about it on Reddit too but can't see it in his quotes. scratch
@vaderito
Same. I saw a few people mention that he'd seen it, but it doesn't say that anywhere from what I can see. I'm sure Rian and others just told him as much as he needed to know for the sake of editorializing.
@MyOnlyHope

yeah, that's what I'm getting from it. he talked about being a fan and being a reporter and that he doesn't separate one from the other so I guess some took it as that he's seen the movie. But that's not what I'm getting.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:41 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:MSW interviewed Anthony Breznican about his writing process for the EW coverage:

@Kylo Rey

Interesting. The article makes it seem like Breznican may know spoilers, but it doesn't specifically come out and say he saw the movie. I wonder if he did or what he knows?

One thing seems clear, I think at this point, it's guaranteed we're getting some kind of complex and ambiguous interactions and behavior from Rey and Kylo (regardless of whether its platonic or ever goes romantic). There's really nowhere else for their dynamic to go in the story.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

vaderito wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito
@MyOnlyHope

yeah, that's what I'm getting from it. he talked about being a fan and being a reporter and that he doesn't separate one from the other so I guess some took it as that he's seen the movie. But that's not what I'm getting.
@vaderito

It's an overall feeling and the way he words certain things.  In the EW article he made a statement about he himself not wanting to give away spoilers while giving away enough info drum up excitement from the audience. He said something similar in the MSW interview. He also said he feels very privileged to get to preview the movie as a journalist and he feel very blessed to have that experience.  Even if he hasn't seen it from start to finish, he definitely knows more than we do.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 25 Nov 2017, 5:07 pm

@IoJovi OK, that makes sense. Preview is definitely more than just images.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 25 Nov 2017, 8:11 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Darth_marshmallow wrote:@panki @SoloSideCousin

Yeah, I would like to see him being strong in the force more than ever but not using it, choosing humble life.
My headcanon is that he lives as a simple man on some godforesaken planet, helping people. He lets Rey choose her own path and hopefully she follows her heart.
@Darth_marshmallow

I wouldn't be surprised if Reylo would sort willingly of give up their raw power by the end of Episode 9, a little like Harry Potter decides todestroy the Elwer Wand. Maybe they'll come to the conclusion that the Force ain't meant to be used by Force users for any divine/salvation purpose like it was in the Jedi way. When you think about it, the galaxy was always clearly divided between those who use the Force and those who don't use it because they're not considered as worthy.

I think that what we'll learn with that new ST is that everybody can connect to the Force as a living source and that it is actually better not to try to use it as a power.And this is exactly the problem behind that raw power in Kylo and Rey. That make them potential weapons that can be used as weapon of mass destruction for evil purpose.

That's one of my strongest reason to believe that the ST is meant to take influence after Atlantis - the Lost Empire and the Castle of the Sky (Disney having taken influence from The Castle in the Sky for Atlantis). When I saw RO, I found it stricking how much there was a strong opposition between:
- (mis)use of nature through the use of the kyber cristal to create the Death Star as a weapon of mass destruction
- harmony with nature through the idea of connecting with the Force in a "pacific" way: "Trust the Force" (Lyra Erso), "I am one with the Force"
I would say that this idea was introduced in RO and it will a key arc in the ST: the use and conception  of the Force has been derived from its original sense. The Force has progressively become a power energy aiming at destroying ennemis (Jedi vs. Sith, LS vs.DS) instead of being used energy to bind people. So there is some kind of "ecological" discourse with this idea that arrogance leads human beings  to find ways to control nature and that one must come back to the original beauty and sense of nature if I may say.

And indeed, this is the lesson teached both in Atlantis and The Castle in the Sky. If there is one Disney that shows the destructive consequences to (mis)use a powerful energy source as a weapon, it is Atlantis:

King Kashekim Nedakh: In a way. The crystal thrives on the collective emotions of all who came before us. In return, it provides power. Longevity. Protection. As it grew, it developed a consciousness of its own. [coughs] In my arrogance, I sought to use it as a weapon of war. But its power proved too great to control. It overwhelmed us...and led to our destruction.

The original story from the Castle in Sky is even clearer about the lesson because contrary to Atlantis the villain ain't driven by money:

Col. Muska:  You really are being very silly about this. You think I'm doing this for money? You understand NOTHING! According to the legend, the same technology that kept Laputa airborne also made it a major power that once dominated the entire planet! If such a horrible thing is still floating up there, you can understand what a threat it is to the peace of the world.

[...]

Sheeta: This is no longer a throne room. This is a tomb for the both of us. You see, a king without compassion does not deserve a kingdom. You will *never* possess the crystal! You and I will die here, together. Now I understand why the people of Laputa vanished. This is a song from my home in the valley of Gondoa that explains everything. It says, "Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring." No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love.

That says it all, people.

I don't know to what extent Disney/LF could have got inspiration from this but my feeling is that the point of the ST is precisely here. Like the people of Laputa renuncing to the power of the chrystal, maybe Ben and Rey will have to renounce to that rawpower. This would be a powerful conclusion to have them becoming "normal"people. After all, did being the Chosen One made Anakin a happy man. He lose everything when he became all powerful like he already wanted to be in AOTC. How powerful it would be if Ben (and Rey) would choose love over power even if it would require to give up their powers. I guess they would want to protect their children at any costand put an end to the Skywalker curse.

Episode 9 could come to that conclusion so what could Episode 8 be about? Possibly showing the extent of the raw power and how it can be misused for destructive purpose maybe even scarier than we think because let's keep in mind that Crait would play a key role in the battle. And this:
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captur84
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captu245
EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 19 Captu244
...reminds me very much of something we've seen already in TFA - a weapon of mass destrution using the power of the Sun (Son)

Knowing that the FO has now no weapon of mass destruction, I wonder what is Snoke's plan to kick the Resistance's a** and sort of rule over the galaxy if he doesn't acquire one somehow. And from my POV, that would really suck if whatever plan he has he wouldn't achieved it given the fact that he has been working in the shadows since at least Finn's birth (since he was taken away as a baby) if not Ben's.
@reylo1992

Hey @darthmarshmallow - I can see Kylo choosing to give up his raw powah.. maybe for a more humble life, but I tend to think it's going to be a sacrifice he will chose to make for the sake of bringing balance to the galaxy.

reylo1992 - Interesting thoughts! I really need to watch Harry Potter, Atlantis and The Castle in the sky! I'm so behind!!
I agreed with your bolded comment..
I can see Rey and Kylo at the end of ep9 - operating the special light/dark artifact together to bring balance and destroy snoke, I think this could also bring an end to their shared raw powah. I think it's why they have it.. to use it all up bringing balance.
So they might choose to give up their powers to save the galaxy Smile
Anyone else playing with these thoughts? lol maybe this is ep 9 speculations...
I also ponder.. If this is how the story unfolds: Would this mean they have no force powers left at all? or will it just be the raw powah they lose and they instead become more like err 'normal' force users?
Will will there be any force users at all at the end of the ST?
- Do you think there can be any force users if there is true balance in the force?

I prefer Rey and Kylo lose their force powers for the sake of a peaceful galaxy and then live as regular people together (Romantic Reylo all the way for me)... Thoughts anyone?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19