Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

+62
panki
Acritiqua
liveinsummee
spacebaby45678
Casper
Darth_marshmallow
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
tukicarreno
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Kyla Ren
RosiePancake
Kessel
PalmettoBlue
Tex
AnneNeville
SoloSideCousin
shii405
ReyofLightSide
Forsythia
Saracene
Lucina
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Man Without A Star
Lovely_Rose
Kylo Rey
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
AngryDragonPuppy
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
Irina de France
Darth Rowan
Xylo Ren
Starliteprism
snufkin
EchoBase
Piper Maru
rawpowah
Night Huntress
MindAndMagic
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
SheLitAFire
reylo1992
DarthRen
Moonjump05
nite0wl29
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
IoJovi
motherofpearl1
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
66 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:57 am

panki wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Very cool article! The biggest takeaway for me was Snoke having a grudge against the Resistance and possibly blaming it for his injuries. Maybe Leia was originally supposed to take the brunt of his grudge as a result of something that happened in the 30 year gap.

The mention of Snoke being a predator who uses and discards his proteges is great too.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don't think so. I think that they represent whoever inflicted injuries but it's too early for them to be the inflictors, unless it happened off screen when he first revealed himself. Which would be VERY disappointing that such weak sauce organization inflicts something on the strong Force User. I really hope they don't go there. I hope LF is aware that the Resistance isn't anyone's favorite, that the trench run in TFA is considered the worst scene in 7 movies, so this would be just awful if that wasn't some ancient injury or, lets say, Luke taking revenge for the Temple but Poe&his squad. Rolling Eyes
@vaderito

Well, the Resistance is what, a few years old? So it can't be the Resistance that inflicted those injuries. If his rage is motivating him, he would have had those injuries for a while.
@Darth Dingbat

Oh damn! I think the pieces are falling into place.... I can think of a couple of people who could work in this scenario....especially one with a strong link to Leia.
@panki

We were waiting for you..
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 17 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by IoJovi Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:00 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Very cool article! The biggest takeaway for me was Snoke having a grudge against the Resistance and possibly blaming it for his injuries. Maybe Leia was originally supposed to take the brunt of his grudge as a result of something that happened in the 30 year gap.

The mention of Snoke being a predator who uses and discards his proteges is great too.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don't think so. I think that they represent whoever inflicted injuries but it's too early for them to be the inflictors, unless it happened off screen when he first revealed himself. Which would be VERY disappointing that such weak sauce organization inflicts something on the strong Force User. I really hope they don't go there. I hope LF is aware that the Resistance isn't anyone's favorite, that the trench run in TFA is considered the worst scene in 7 movies, so this would be just awful if that wasn't some ancient injury or, lets say, Luke taking revenge for the Temple but Poe&his squad. Rolling Eyes
@vaderito

Well, the Resistance is what, a few years old? So it can't be the Resistance that inflicted those injuries. If his rage is motivating him, he would have had those injuries for a while.
@Darth Dingbat

Oh damn! I think the pieces are falling into place.... I can think of a couple of people who could work in this scenario....especially one with a strong link to Leia.
@panki

We were waiting for you..
@Darth_Awakened

We sure were!!! Laughing

And to answer the question at hand, the OT trio of Han, Luke AND Leia altogether might even make sense.  Pushing Kylo/Ben to kill his father was probably part of his plan for a long time as a way to hurt the family in the worst way possible, and I'm sure he's not done yet.  Sad
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

Makes it sound like he's got a personal beef with Leia. Interesting. Maybe he's somehow a survivor of the first Death Star explosion or something.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:13 pm

If Snoke's beef really is with Leia, it'd make sense that she was meant to be prominent in IX. But now it feels like that story would be quite thrown off.

Also wow, it's no wonder that Snoke was able to so successfully tap into Ben Solo's anger and pain and manipulate him. It's always easy to go from the angle of what you know!

Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:19 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Good Lord, vad. Snoke's nemesis isn't Poe or other random pilot, geesh.

You have to ask yourself, "does this make any storytelling sense?" and if it doesn't, it's probably not happening. What has motivated Snoke to begin with? Why did he prey on Ben? How did he become the leader of the First Order? None of this has anything to do with the Resistance which has only existed for a few years. Leia herself, though...? Maybe.

Besides, as you know I've always believed Snoke is more of a Saruman and the Sauron is the dark presence in the UR. I'd be thrilled if this turned out to be the case.
@Darth Dingbat

Nothing makes sense since they saved Mr Spark! Nothing. I wish they made TFA the way they wanted by killing him. This is just freakin ridiculous! I've read crack theories that are better than this sith. Seriously, what a disaster. the Resistance inflicted injuries? What a joke!

@vaderito

Vad, the article says that his original problem is with the Republic. The Republic was over 1000 years old. It goes back to when Jakku was verdant.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:26 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Vad, the article says that his original problem is with the Republic. The Republic was over 1000 years old. It goes back to when Jakku was verdant.
@SoloSideCousin

republic or new republic?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:30 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

You have to ask yourself, "does this make any storytelling sense?" and if it doesn't, it's probably not happening. What has motivated Snoke to begin with? Why did he prey on Ben? How did he become the leader of the First Order? None of this has anything to do with the Resistance which has only existed for a few years. Leia herself, though...? Maybe.

Besides, as you know I've always believed Snoke is more of a Saruman and the Sauron is the dark presence in the UR. I'd be thrilled if this turned out to be the case.
@Darth Dingbat

Nothing makes sense since they saved Mr Spark! Nothing. I wish they made TFA the way they wanted by killing him. This is just freakin ridiculous! I've read crack theories that are better than this sith. Seriously, what a disaster. the Resistance inflicted injuries? What a joke!

@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin

Yeah that's kind of the point of having both him and Maz literally being older than dirt. They're parallel characters and it's already been said outright she's something like 1000 years old. It also points to 1) Potentially how he could have pitched himself to Ben, ancient raw powah which only he is old enough to understand and 2) All the new Force lore and world building to do with places like Jakku and Jedha, Guardians of the Whills, and Kyber Crystals. Again old enough to know something and have an agenda, also old enough to sell that as the wisdom Ben parrots back to Han during their confrontation.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@vaderito

Serkis said "Galactic Republic", not "New Republic," so that statement can be all encompassing. Also, like @snufkin said, are they bringing in all this old stuff in for no reason?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@vaderito

Serkis said "Galactic Republic", not "New Republic," so that statement can be all encompassing. Also, like @snufkin said, are they bringing in all this old stuff in for no reason?
@SoloSideCousin @snufkin

Ah, OK. Hopefully Serkis didn't mix up the two. Actors aren't as nerdy as fans.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:57 pm

@veradito: I have the impression you have something against Poe? Confus Lolilol
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin @snufkin

@vaderito

Actually I bet an actor as committed as Serkis is to his performances is probably as nerdy as sith. He's like the Adam Driver of mo-cap. I bet he knows everything that there is to know about Snoke and the lore.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:  
Vad, the article says that his original problem is with the Republic.  The Republic was over 1000 years old. It goes back to when Jakku was verdant.
@SoloSideCousin

@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin @snufkin

@vaderito

Actually I bet an actor as committed as Serkis is to his performances is probably as nerdy as sith.  He's like the Adam Driver of mo-cap. I bet he knows everything that there is to know about Snoke and the lore.
@SoloSideCousin

Agreed. From his quotes in this latest EW article, he's demonstrated that he's one of the more articulate and introspective of the actors in diving into and explaining his character and the more relatable and understandable motivations behind him. And that's for frigging Snoke. I have no doubt he knows exactly what he's talking about.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 3:39 pm

I'm sure that they can come up with all the lore and world building because there's market demand from their fanbase for things like publishing tie-ins and RPGs/tabletop games. But it just seems like everything they've done with the Wendig novels talking about Jakku, hinting in the collateral materials that Luke was up to something to do with the Jedi and working out his issues regarding Dad which Leia had no idea about when she dispatched Ben off to train with him, all of the lore/worldbuilding in Rogue One around the crystals, Jedha, Lyra, Chirrut, and Baze's affiliations with groups who were Force acolytes, the references to the KoR and relic hunters in tandem with mentions of RotLA (which was good guy/bad guy relic hunters), whatever LST's role was with the post Empire force and why that motivated Poe to seek him out and Ben to lash out/murder him after being lectured about belonging in the LS, Rey's abandonment on Jakku and conveniently living in the path of the CotLS group who were supposedly camped near a source of Force power, et cetera et cetera et cetera. Unless it's all just a couple employees cranking this sh*t out as their own personal In the Realms of the Unreal.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

@Moonlight13

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:

Holdo reminds me of Snoke, and visa versa.  

Probably means nothing.  Feel free to ignore.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:03 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:  

@Darth Dingbat

@vaderito

This is partly why I kinda hoped Snoke would be a minor placeholder character for Kylo Ren who doesn't make it past TLJ. The more backstories, the less quality they'll have.

I'll remain hopeful for now.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:26 am

fuhry wrote:Makes it sound like he's got a personal beef with Leia. Interesting. Maybe he's somehow a survivor of the first Death Star explosion or something.
@fuhry

That is exactly what I thought.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:35 am

maybe Snokes grudge is against Anakin Skywalker/Vader... I know it sounds strange since he obviously let Kylo admire his grandfather- but I think he used HIS version of Vader's story to lure Kylo to him.

I mean what normal person would be powerful enough to harm Snoke so horribly ? Leia? I don't think so... I think it must have been a Jedi or some powerful force- user.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:40 am

Casper wrote:
@Moonlight13

@Casper
Wait. What? Why? I’m fascinated.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:45 am

From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:48 am

Night Huntress wrote:maybe Snokes grudge is against Anakin Skywalker/Vader... I know it sounds strange since he obviously let Kylo admire his grandfather- but I think he used HIS version of Vader's story to lure Kylo to him.

I mean what normal person would be powerful enough to harm Snoke so horribly ? Leia? I don't think so... I think it must have been a Jedi or some powerful force- user.
@Night Huntress

I get the impression, probably from theories I’ve heard and internalized, that Snoke’s beef is with anyone who can truly threaten him. I started to say the Jedi, but I think it’s any Force user that can potentially harm him. It goes back to thinking perhaps he’s the greater threat from the Unknown Regions, perhaps someone who was last locked up by users of the Force (Dark and Light side.) He values Ben from at least childhood, probably because he’s of both the Dark and Light. Rey could be the same.

I think that together those two could bring him down or make him unstoppable. That’s our story for 9. At least, that’s what I think relatively early on Thanksgiving morning as I wait for my pecan pies to finish baking.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:50 am

Casper wrote:
@Moonlight13

@Casper

You are not the only one feeling this way....join the club. Smile I'm actually working on a meta for tumblr on Holdo which is kind of on these lines....well, maybe not force user per se but having an insidious personality.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:52 am

Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

Reverse Palpatine? Twisted Evil
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 23 Nov 2017, 8:23 am

@panki
Ooooooo post that meta here too when you're finished!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:17 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

@Kylo Rey

I've theorized about this too! Especially since they've emphasized before that Snoke is meant to give you the impression that he was once something handsome/beautiful.They could have just done that to emphasize his fury about his injuries, but it also makes a lot of sense for it to be because they plan on showing us his original form at some point!

This theory also fits super well with the fact that he was originally envisioned as a female character. The "siphoning from others to restore one's youth and beauty" isn't at all an unheard of trope with female villains especially. We even had a Disney example recently with Tangled! Maybe they changed Snoke's gender as to not pull too hard on stereotypes.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

Hmm, I don't remember seeing this line in the online EW Snoke story, though it appears to be in the print story according to this: https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167805015342/entertainment-weekly-issue-1492-star-wars

"He can’t bear weakness in others. And so he puts Kylo Ren through it, really."

I wonder if this fits with some peoples' idea that Snoke might harm Kylo as well.

There's also a piece of the Finn and Rose story we haven't seen yet:

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 17 Tumblr_ozvocbWSH91stpcodo10_1280
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next