Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

+80
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
Lovely_Rose
Darth_marshmallow
rawpowah
Darth Dingbat
Geralt_Riv
Moonlight13
ZephyrStrife
TheLastJedi
Blackcanary
Mana
whisperingwillow
Kylo Men
Armadeus
Saracene
thescavenger
FrolickingFizzgig
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
AnneNeville
Darth Dementor
IoJovi
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
DeeBee
Moonjump05
SheLitAFire
grimbergen
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Atenais
madeinmn
Kylo Rey
Rimfaxe96
KnightsofReylo_2015
fuhry
unicorn
jakkusun
Irina de France
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
Lily Snape
teltaru
AcrosstheStars
rey09
EchoBase
Reynak
PalmettoBlue
Gemlake
Birdwoman
lauvamp
Chained Prometheus
Darth_Awakened
Rei of Sunshine
cherrylipstick
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Darth Rowan
MyOnlyHope
RosiePancake
MrsWindu
MindAndMagic
BenRey
Night Huntress
SkyStar
SanghaRen
Piper Maru
Forsythia
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
special_cases
reylo1992
AhsokaTano
shii405
Tex
HJ98
RKR Connection
84 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by Night Huntress Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:27 pm

@motherofpearl1: I thought him weird looking at first as well- and I didn't like TFA at the beginning... but not even on my worst day would I have commented those hatful insulting things I used to read on social media & youtube etc.  it's a movie and the actor is only doing his job- don't like? don't watch! There is no reason getting personal...

Back to topic: I would sooo love for Ben/Kylo to bend his knee before Rey in IX...to make proposal of marriage Chut
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed) - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Post by lauvamp Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:36 pm

@motherofpearl1

I get you! Sometimes I replied  to this kind of stuff against Kylo / Adam and dramas towards the movie (Disney destroyed our dreams, s*** movie, damn you Rian blablabla), but I decided to delete the comments before sending. People online can be very hard and disgusting. To face the lack of respect is not easy, we can find it everywhere, but hate and closed minded people deserve to be ignored because they mean nothing.

Totally love the new pics! I love you
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 07 Jan 2018, 1:42 pm

Watched the BAFTA Q & A, nothing in terms of Kylo/Reylo. Daisy did briefly mention working with Andy and Adam and Mark and how great they are  as actors. She called the throne room scene "intense." Other interesting tidbits:

*When he first read the ANH script, Mark Hamill thought SW was almost "more of a fairytale than science fiction." Even compared it to Once Upon a Time. Show this to the Antis please!!!

*Carrie Fisher slapped Oscar Isaac 27 times for that scene. We already knew but yikes haha. Also found it hilarious that Carrie had a lot of dirty ideas when they were in Rian's office trying to figure out the script LMAO. Imagine what she must have said about the Reylo scenes.

*Even John Boyega had trouble wrapping his head round why Finn would defect as a Stormtrooper especially as he was brainwashed. Put it down to a "personality thing" lol.

*Daisy asked a lot of questions on set particularly as she's not a huge SW expert i.e. Why isn't Leia considered a Jedi because she can use the Force. She actually seemed unsure whether Rey should be considered a Jedi. Was easier for her to act because she wasn't always comparing herself to other SW characters (take note fandom, not everyone must be related because parallels!!!)

*Audience member asked Rian how much of Joseph Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces influenced the writing of the script. We Brits ask much better questions Very Happy
Rian: "I revisited Joseph Campbell. For me, the Hero's Journey that Lucas famously drew from, it's not about becoming a hero like Hercules, it's about the transition from childhood into adulthood. It's about adolescence. It's about finding your place in the world, it's about these new powers rising in you and figuring out how you're gonna use them, it's about navigating relationships with terrible parental figures."

*Someone asked if we would get any backstory on Snoke and Rian said it would up to JJ.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 07 Jan 2018, 3:07 pm

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sun 07 Jan 2018, 3:41 pm

fourth viewing, so just brief notes for now

- Snoke couldn't have created the Force Bond because he didn't even know where Rey (and Luke by connection) was in the galaxy.
- Lots of emphasis on hands in this movie.
- Speaking of hands, I loved how Luke told Rey to reach out and that was mistaken as literal meaning at first, then she realised he meant with her heart. Same thing could be said with how she approached Ben Solo - first with her hand literally, then with her heart.
- Kylo's aggression of "MORE, MOREE" felt almost like a release of sexual frustration partly from the fallout with Rey previously. Okay, or he was angry he cockblocked them, yup.

EDIT: Also, one more thing, have we discussed a woman's voice calling for "Rey" in the mirror scene?
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 07 Jan 2018, 3:46 pm

thescavenger wrote:fourth viewing, so just brief notes for now

- Snoke couldn't have created the Force Bond because he didn't even know where Rey (and Luke by connection) was in the galaxy.
- Lots of emphasis on hands in this movie.
- Speaking of hands, I loved how Luke told Rey to reach out and that was mistaken as literal meaning at first, then she realised he meant with her heart. Same thing could be said with how she approached Ben Solo - first with her hand literally, then with her heart.
- Kylo's aggression of "MORE, MOREE" felt almost like a release of sexual frustration partly from the fallout with Rey previously. Okay, or he was angry he cockblocked them, yup.
@thescavenger

Oh I definitely think there a bit of anger at Luke’s cockblocking in the hut permeating the scene on Crait, for sure.  I wouldn’t say it’s the main reason certainly, but it definitely didn’t help to mend fences between them.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 07 Jan 2018, 4:03 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Carrie had a lot of dirty ideas when they were in Rian's office trying to figure out the script LMAO. Imagine what she must have said about the Reylo scenes.

Like we didn't guess that from the beginning, but goddammit think of the golden DVD Blue Ray boxset commentary track we would've gotten about her input to JJ and Rian about that relationship and the ideas they used.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 07 Jan 2018, 4:23 pm

Also it took me until just now, following my 3rd viewing. But am I correct in thinking that when Luke shows up, the Resistance gang assumes that he came back with Rey and that's why they take off through the tunnel. Because they think she's parked outside waiting for them while Luke holds off Kylo and company.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 07 Jan 2018, 4:58 pm

snufkin wrote:Also it took me until just now, following my 3rd viewing. But am I correct in thinking that when Luke shows up, the Resistance gang assumes that he came back with Rey and that's why they take off through the tunnel. Because they think she's parked outside waiting for them while Luke holds off Kylo and company.
@snufkin

I think Poe just has this realization that Luke is stalling them, which makes them brainstorm how to get out. They follow the foxes, reach the dead end of rocks, until Rey saves them. I think they show Leia looking at the tracker though.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 07 Jan 2018, 5:16 pm

@rey09 - oh definitely when he holds Finn back, it's how they show "Poe learned his lesson." And the repeated cut back and forth between Rey and Leia's homing beacon bracelets (space jewelry! which I'd argue was part of how Rey's connection to Ben got boosted), I noticed that more my 2nd viewing. And they do cut back and forth between the two of them in that segment. Just I've wondered if the moment Luke shows up, everybody assumes that means he came back with Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 07 Jan 2018, 5:37 pm

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I think Leia sensed the conflict in Ben that he didn't fire. I thought I saw Leia give a sigh of relief. Also, I have seen people say that Ben thinks Leia is dead. If they are forced connected, and they are, than he would know his mother is alive.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I see this the same way you do bashfulblueeyes3! 100%!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 07 Jan 2018, 6:47 pm

thescavenger wrote:
EDIT: Also, one more thing, have we discussed a woman's voice calling for "Rey" in the mirror scene?

@thescavenger

I haven’t seen it discussed yet bounce

I think it’s her mommy Sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by whisperingwillow Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:07 pm

@RosiePancake I think his face and Daisy’s face say everything there is to know about that. The look Daisy gave made me laugh out loud.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:10 pm

Honestly, what they're doing with Finn confuses me on every level. I still think his story is leading to him inspiring a Stormtrooper rebellion, but it sure has gone through some odd twists and turns to get there. None of which gel with the particular backstory they gave him.

There won't be a love triangle in IX, and I'm quite sure of that. Any "hinting" John does on that, I'm going to take with a grain of salt. Everyone freaked out over his Twitter "hinting" at that and it was very obviously just a joke.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:10 pm

RosiePancake wrote:Have anyone seen the video interview of the TLJ cast? John Boyega is teasing a possible of a love triangle between Rey Rose Finn again like he did on twitter a few weeks ago. Do you guys have any thoughts on this?
@RosiePancake

Lol what? No he didn't...he says that all Finn cared about when he woke up was Rey, but Rose is the one who grounds him and helps him figure out his place in the conflict and she's very important to him. Seems pretty clear to me that Finn is able to relate more to Rose than Rey.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:13 pm

I haven’t watched it, but John is either trolling, or he has not watched TLJ in its entirety.  Laughing

I’m not worried.

@Mana Thanks for the clarification!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:23 pm

I do have to say that the joking about FinnRey and Stormpilot as if Rose and the kiss she gave Finn don't exist is a little annoying. There's still a hyperfocus, joking and serious, on Finn's "romantic chemistry" with pretty much everyone else but Rose.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 07 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm

You don't need nerves of steel. You need to listen and be capable of differentiating between harmless joking/mocking and genuine answers. John didn't say anything about anything... he talked about Finn's relationship with Rose and the interviewer joked about a love triangle. And Daisy's face... like come on, lol.

Separate tangent, but it's a pretty safe bet that "theories" that are openly joked about or mocked by the cast won't be appearing in the storyline of the films. TLJ taught us this very well. Mark Hamill spent two years joking about Rey Skywalker and look at all the good that did. The actors aren't going to be joking about real plot points in IX anytime soon, you can count on that.

Anywho, what are people expecting this to be? A Rey/Finn/Poe/Rose/Kylo love pentagon in which Rey has feelings for Ben, Finn and Poe, Rose has feelings for Finn, Poe has feelings for Finn and Rey and Kylo only has eyes for Rey? And the individuals who now expect/want this are the same ones who didn't want the ST to resemble a bad YA novel? Uh-huh.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 07 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm

RosiePancake wrote:
ZioRen wrote:I do have to say that the joking about FinnRey and Stormpilot as if Rose and the kiss she gave Finn don't exist is a little annoying. There's still a hyperfocus, joking and serious, on Finn's "romantic chemistry" with pretty much everyone else but Rose.
@ZioRen

yup, that's the reason why i hate that kind of trolling/joking. They just really underestimate SW fandom's obsession about every micro detail of every SW related stuff. Before TLJ, even the Reylos had been obsessed with Snoke's 2 lil weird space lamps to the point that we thought Snoke could suck Kylo power or posses his young, healthy body like Snoke was in ASOIAF's show.
@RosiePancake
In all fairness that was a perfectly valid line of speculation compared to the Snoke/Plagieus crowd. I still think Force vampire Snoke could have been an interesting touch!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 07 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

Where does this interview with the TLJ cast happen? Can I have a link?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 08 Jan 2018, 12:24 am

DeeBee wrote:
bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I think Leia sensed the conflict in Ben that he didn't fire. I thought I saw Leia give a sigh of relief. Also, I have seen people say that Ben thinks Leia is dead. If they are forced connected, and they are, than he would know his mother is alive.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I see this the same way you do bashfulblueeyes3! 100%!
@DeeBee

I'm sure Leia knew it wasn't her son who pulled that trigger- BUT I'm not so sure about Ben knowing Leia survived. They have sort of a connection but Leia is in a coma after "out in space" experience and Ben is distracted... I mean he should have sensed Luke wasn't really on Crait as well but didn't. This force-sensing of each other isn't exactly a science so it's hard to tell. I hope we will learn more about it in IX...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next