Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Saracene Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

I could never really pin down at what point Kylo knew that he was going to betray Snoke, but Rian's explanation - a mix of planning and spontaneity - makes sense.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:
So is this going to refuel the "Kylo used Rey for his ends" theme that's been playing over and over again in the fanboy headcanon narrative? :/
@Dar-ren19

What???  WTH

"When he brings Rey in there, he's already made his decision because he's had that connection with her" Not because he wanted to take over the FO!

Well, I guess Antis can twist everything around to fit their point of view- so who knows? But I sopped caring about them to be honest. Err no
@Night Huntress

I hear you, but I wasn't at the Q&A, and I'm just hoping it's not something that the antis can twist to their own ends. Sorry. :/
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:37 am

@Dar-ren19

haha, sorry- don't wanted to yell at you...let the Antis think whatever they want. Patience - when IX is released we will see who was right. Patience Wink
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:40 am

Night Huntress wrote:@Dar-ren19

haha, sorry- don't wanted to yell at you...let the Antis think whatever they want. Patience - when IX is released we will see who was right. Patience Wink
@Night Huntress

Yes yes I know Smile thanks for talking me down there Embarassed Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:48 am

Saracene wrote:I could never really pin down at what point Kylo knew that he was going to betray Snoke, but Rian's explanation - a mix of planning and spontaneity - makes sense.
@Saracene

*Girlfriend Rey ships herself to Kylo for a surprise visit*
Kylo: "That's it, I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to kill him for everything he's put me through. He's not going to have her, or me, or anyone under his thumb ever again."
Kylo: "...."
Kylo: "Okay, HOW exactly am I going to do this? Oh man, oh man, he's going to torture her. He can toss us around like ragdolls and zap us with barely a thought, what am I supposed to do? Think of something, Be--Kylo!"
*Cue the eyes glazing over and the pointedly blank expressions during the elevator scene*
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:53 am

@FrolickingFizzgig Real Talk, he loves doing Q&As and podcasts, so I'm sure any of us here could come up with a pitch and he'd probably be down. Though if it were something like the Q&A he did in the comments section of iO9 after Looper came out, we'd have to do it in a members-only section given the # of times lurkers crashed the board after the trailer release/spoiler embargo lifted. And anybody here who's done podcasting is qualified, probably more than qualified with the questions/themes this group has. Only wrinkle would be unlike the people asking about Leia's Force powers, we'd probably ask things where he runs up against his NDA or "can't say for definite b/c JJ has to write the next chapter & some things should be left to the audience's imagination."  I did just read that he's speaking at SXSW in March, so maybe @Tex or @Cowgirlsamurai can do the drive up to Austin to ask him in person : )?

That's a great tidbit about somebody having some semblance of plan-ahead skills. Because Rey finally forced the issue for him after Han's advice about what was going to eventually happen to him if he stayed loyal to Snoke. And because he brings up the PT as something he studied, it's not out of bounds to feel like it's meant to be a subversion both of Luke facing the Emperor in RotJ but also a reference to the betrayal in RotS. The outcomes are different in both scenes. But they are about somebody betraying his Master and the order he's pledged himself to in defense of a loved one. And in the PT, it's a decision made both from frustrated ambition and out of wanting to protect the woman he loves. Guess we'll have to sit on pins and needles for the next 2 years to see if the ST doesn't have it be the same scenario, of using his relationship with the woman as a pretext for the power grab. Which we already got the same "we can rule together" proposal, but with far different results.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Screen75
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Screen76

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:57 am

Yeah after this interview I think Rian would dodge around most of the questions we or Reylo podcasters would ask him anyways. He seems very determined not to give his personal view of Rey and Kylo's relationship and how they feel about each other so as not to step on JJ's toes wherever he takes them.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:03 am

I don't even want to ask him something like where he thinks their relationship is going to end up when there's so much else. Lke how he managed to pull off making a Disney film that's a sex-positive fairy tale that's also deeply religious (actually Disney probably doesn't want him talking about S-E-X because that would be a big controversy).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:07 am

ZioRen wrote:Yesss good answers! I'm paraphrasing here, but the interviewer asked if Rian believed Kylo knew what he was going to do the moment he walked into the Throne Room in regards to Snoke. (Rian very carefully said this was just his opinion and to take it with a grain of salt. The interviewer, hilariously, poked fun at him for it: "I'm only asking you because you're the writer/director", and everyone laughed)

Rian said that in his mind, Kylo walks in there knowing basically that he is going to betray Snoke and look for an opportunity, but he doesn't know what the mechanism is going to be. But he's gone in there with the intent. When he brings Rey in there, he's already made his decision because he's had that connection with her. And when they're in the elevator together, he knows he's going to do this but not how yet. And when he realizes he has a chance in the Throne Room, he goes for it.
@ZioRen

I think that the intent is hinted in the beginning, when Kylo approached Snoke in TLJ, is then criticized by Snoke by having too much of his father's heart, Kylo stating he has given him everything, to the darkness, that he didn't hesitate, etc. Kylo did throw off his cape and approached Snoke in an aggressive manner, then was struck down by lightning, so not sure if that was Kylo's first attempt in confronting Snoke, but definitely he was on track already, not seeing eye to eye with him, and that Kylo was heeding his father's words more, that Snoke was just using him for his powers and will throw him away like garbage after done using him.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:16 am

Starliteprism wrote:

I think that the intent is hinted in the beginning, when Kylo approached Snoke in TLJ, is then criticized by Snoke by having too much of his father's heart, Kylo stating he has given him everything, to the darkness, that he didn't hesitate, etc. Kylo did throw off his cape and approached Snoke in an aggressive manner, then was struck down by lightning, so not sure if that was Kylo's first attempt in confronting Snoke, but definitely he was on track already, not seeing eye to eye with him, and that Kylo was heeding his father's words more, that Snoke was just using him for his powers and will throw him away like garbage after done using him.
@Starliteprism

Yes, I agree- Kylo/Ben was already pi****d at Snoke during their first encounter. He killed his father- who he loved- and Snoke humiliates him and calls him a failure. And when Rey arrives he was determined not doing that mistake again. Killing someone he loves for Snoke. Nope!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:19 am

@Starliteprism That's exactly how I read that scene as well when Snoke was taunting him. Kylo bares his teeth when cornered. He's like a caged animal there. And when he's crouched on the floor, his eyes are for a few moments on the PG... almost as if he was assessing their readiness, the fact that they had moved to "formation", and were settling back down.

Juxtaposed with RJ's comment about this, the whole arrival/elevator conversation/kneeling and waiting (especially if you watch his eyes when Snoke says he formed the force bond), and his obvious mental torment when Rey was being tortured makes a lot of sense.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:24 am

The choice to betray Snoke definitely began in that early scene. Imagine kneeling there, still in a ton of pain from your wounds both physically and mentally, torn apart from killing your own father, only to be told it wasn't enough, you're pathetic, you did this thing that split you to the bone for nothing. Not only is Snoke not appeased, you're not any stronger like you thought you'd be, were told you'd be. And worst of all, your father was right about Snoke and about you, and you knew it even then, but you still killed him.

Yeah, the decision has roots way outside of Rey, but she and Kylo's feelings for her were what finally forced him into the action he was ruminating on. He knew the moment she arrived that it was time to put up or shut up, or he'd lose her too.

Last edited by ZioRen on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:29 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:@Starliteprism That's exactly how I read that scene as well when Snoke was taunting him. Kylo bares his teeth when cornered. He's like a caged animal there. And when he's crouched on the floor, his eyes are for a few moments on the PG... almost as if he was assessing their readiness, the fact that they had moved to "formation", and were settling back down.

Juxtaposed with RJ's comment about this, the whole arrival/elevator conversation/kneeling and waiting (especially if you watch his eyes when Snoke says he formed the force bond), and his obvious mental torment when Rey was being tortured makes a lot of sense.
@Dar-ren19

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:52 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:

@Starliteprism

Yes, I agree- Kylo/Ben was already pi****d at Snoke during their first encounter. He killed his father- who he loved- and Snoke humiliates him and calls him a failure. And when Rey arrives he was determined not doing that mistake again. Killing someone he loves for Snoke. Nope!
@Night Huntress

Yes I agree,
Kylo was already pi****d at Snoke at the beginning of the movie, then the force bond meetings and the connection he felt with Rey were the ultimate triggers. When she arrived he knew he had to do something, the elevator scene is even more meaningful now, he seemed so distant  because he was clearly trying to focus. It must have been very difficult for him to pretend disinterest in the throne room, and the moment when Snoke tortures Rey ... My poor heart! And Adam was great because we can read every nuance of his feelings during the process, especially that exact moment when he clearly makes up his mind.

Oh what a beautiful morning to be a reylo! It's nice to wake up and find new validation to our point of view!
Rian would deserve more interesting questions, it's clear that he has a lot to say and that he would like to talk about certain aspects of his movie but he keeps getting the same boring questions. Poor man!
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 2:55 am

Good morning my darling !!!!!! Good news today !!!!!! Please write me what you find (with your words) because I can not find all this information online.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 3:18 am

ZioRen wrote:Yesss good answers! I'm paraphrasing here, but the interviewer asked if Rian believed Kylo knew what he was going to do the moment he walked into the Throne Room in regards to Snoke. (Rian very carefully said this was just his opinion and to take it with a grain of salt. The interviewer, hilariously, poked fun at him for it: "I'm only asking you because you're the writer/director", and everyone laughed)

Rian said that in his mind, Kylo walks in there knowing basically that he is going to betray Snoke and look for an opportunity, but he doesn't know what the mechanism is going to be. But he's gone in there with the intent. When he brings Rey in there, he's already made his decision because he's had that connection with her. And when they're in the elevator together, he knows he's going to do this but not how yet. And when he realizes he has a chance in the Throne Room, he goes for it.
@ZioRen Claps Claps Claps

In my opinion. If you look at the scene without sound and trust the eyes of Adam and Daisy....
For me . When he sees her on the space coffin. It is not cold. He smiles at her. She looks at him as if he sees the most beautiful thing in the universe.
When she leave the coffin, they are embarrassed. He is not cold. I see him as a teenager who kissed a girl (for first time) the day before and now doesn't know what to say.
Then Rey talks to him. She flaps her fawn's eyes. Let's face ... is she who tries to seduce him, how she looks at him, how she approaches him, the tone of her voice.
When they speak in the elevator, note Ben's face. He does not look like any other expression. Basically he is melting in front of the girl he loves. He does it with pride and dignity but his eyes speak. Adam is so good at changing facial features. That's what happens when we're in love. Then the voice becomes so sweet when he says "you will stay with me" that the voice breaks. Finally he pushes her towards Snoke. He had already decided to kill Snoke. (Thank Rian) When he killed his father he had hoped to become a sith with that gesture. It did not succeed. The fact that he had hoped that Rey would love him allowed him to destroy Snoke. I continue to see Kylo forced by all to be what he is not. Only black for Snoke. Only white for uncle. He is both. This is his suffering.

Regarding his statement with Rey. I see no manipulation in him. You look at he like to say ... now that I've eliminated everyone, I'll come there and marry you. Maybe he wanted to tell her that.
Anyway. I'm glad that Rian answered.
I read yesterday that a fan has made a petition to get rid of episode 8. It scares me a little that they can change the ending for these stupid fans.
The story with Reylo inside is wonderful.
Some young guys hate the feeling so much that they refuse it.
Instead Reverse Anidala is not only CANON but is simply wonderful. A revolution. I just hope JJ will goes in this way.
In the end, Bastila and Raven also have a similar story. In that story, boys, first saw the hero and then love. In this case the hero will reveal himself after he discovers love. Is fantastic ! for me ... I hope in Reylo ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 01 Feb 2018, 4:05 am

Rian is such a sweetheart. What about the "great question he preferred not to answer"? Please J.J. give us Ben's redemption!!!!

I support reverse Anidala 100% Sad I love you
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:14 am

For anyone wondering its these two shots i think:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Img_5816

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Img_5817

Last edited by Riri on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:31 am

Rian is so great. Of course he dodges a few questions to avoid stepping on JJ's toes, but he's just so well-spoken and always seems to communicate his ideas beautifully. I admit I wish someone would have asked him more about certain inspirations and ideas (like how he felt Yung and Bly played into the Rey and Kylo dynamic). That one girl's question may have been too specific. 

Rian watched the prequels a lot and compares Kylo at the end to Anakin in Revenge of the Sith! I swear, Rian is the only one to ever openly compare Kylo to his relatives. More of this, please! People act like this character is disposable and the Skywalker line is damned forever after Luke's death in TLJ. 

A combination of planning ahead and spontaneity definitely makes sense for Ben's decision to betray Snoke. I imagine he really made the decision in the hut after seeing his vision and projecting his "destroy the past" sentiment onto Rey. The fact that he knew what he was going to do (but didn't know how) makes the framing of the elevator scene more touching, IMO. I was always iffy on Kylo just making that decision only in the moment when he was kneeling before Snoke just because of he whole "he brought Rey to Snoke in handcuffs" thing. I love that he knew where his heart was. There was no wavering, he just needed an opportunity.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:55 am

Riri wrote:For anyone wondering its these two shots i think:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Img_5813
@Riri

Didn't Rian specifically say that it was the mask coming down on Vader for the first time?  He talked about the fear and the regret in his eyes matching Kylo's as they both ponder what they could have done differently.   The difference here is of course, Ben is a young man with all of his limbs in tact, and Rey is very much still alive.  And last but not least, doors are meant to reopened...

Here's the image I think Rian was discussing:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Latest?cb=20111029025703

Last edited by IoJovi on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:56 am

@ZioRen, thanks for the good reporting on the Q&A for us! cheers
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:01 am

Well I never thought a Collider interview would yield such useful information. What a time to be alive!

Last edited by rawpowah on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:01 am

@IoJovi

Yes you're right! I edited Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:10 am

Thanks for sharing the Q&A.I know it played live, but does anyone know if there is a video, or will there be a video of it at all? I like to hear it myself, I love hearing Rian in interviews.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:22 am

The 24 hours I had to be away from my computer, and coming back at looking at all these developments, woah I really missed the Q&A! Amazing to see though, finally someone's asking the right questions.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next