Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+63
Lucina
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
Marie Ren
Krafty
Millicent the Cat
CienaRee
Blackcanary
adamdrivershair
bossbaby
Airemyn
MrsWindu
nemapasara
Armadeus
Mana
Acritiqua
soulluos
Saracene
Geralt_Riv
BenOrgana
Moonjump05
motherofpearl1
Irina de France
bashfulblueeyes3
BenSkywalker
jakkusun
Gemini
gwendy85
EchoBase
MeadowofAshes
Rei of Sunshine
panki
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ladyconsular
SheLitAFire
Xylo Ren
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
kroi
Piper Maru
rey09
vaderito
Darth Rowan
SanghaRen
SoloSideCousin
Moonlight13
Darth_Awakened
Reylo Lemon
MelBee
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
Kylo Men
Kyla Ren
Kessel
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
IoJovi
SkyStar
Helix
Darth Dingbat
67 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

Whoever it is, I'm assuming they would have been on the SKB at the time?

Plot twist: Hux is a double agent Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Helix Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:42 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Whoever it is, I'm assuming they would have been on the SKB at the time?

Plot twist: Hux is a double agent Razz
@Darth Dingbat

Hux is the secret Skywalker, just like those pre-TFA theories.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

vaderito wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:It's nice to have something bright again!

I must admit I forgot about that little bit - and began to think about as yet another SW inconsistency. I'am glad I was wrong.

Also, if I remember correctly there was a tweet (a long ago when Pablo was nice lol) where he suggested that Snoke knows Leia.
@Darth_Awakened

I thought this was implied in The Force Awakens when Leia tells Han that Snoke seduced Ben to the dark side. To me, it was clear that Snoke was a known figure in their lives.
@Piper Maru

Knowing someone doesn't mean intimate knowing, decades long knowing, etc. Leia could have suspected that Ben was under someone's influence, but once that influence was revealed to be Snoke, there's no point to address him as anything but Snoke. 

If we go by canon timeline, FO was still hiding in Unknown Regions 6 years prior to TFA, and Snoke definitely wasn't a political factor in GFFA cause nobody mentions him. You can't have Presidential elections plot pulled off without mentioning a power player if there's such a figure. But the only FO liaisons we hear of are Lady Carise and Amaxine Warriors.  

So my bet is that "Leia knows Snoke" refers to period between Bloodline and TFA when FO reveal happened.
@vaderito

But Snoke might easily have been a figure connected to Lady Carise, the Elder Houses, and the "rich *ssholes" on Canto Bight, and be the éminence grise in charge of financing the operation. That he wasn't mentioned in Bloodline just means Leia wasn't aware of the connection yet, even if she knew him. He would have been flying under the radar.

Just because the FO's military was hiding in the Unknown Regions also doesn't mean that Snoke was there.

I'm guessing there are roughly two options? Either Snoke himself is the dark presence lurking in the Unknown Regions (and reaching out to unborn Ben), or else Snoke is in fact a Supreme Rich *sshole and a sort of "chief minister" to the real evil behind him.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:07 am

The fact that RJ doesn't get into Snoke that much makes me weight more on the rich *sshole side, but who knows.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:20 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Piper Maru wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:It's nice to have something bright again!

I must admit I forgot about that little bit - and began to think about as yet another SW inconsistency. I'am glad I was wrong.

Also, if I remember correctly there was a tweet (a long ago when Pablo was nice lol) where he suggested that Snoke knows Leia.
@Darth_Awakened

I thought this was implied in The Force Awakens when Leia tells Han that Snoke seduced Ben to the dark side. To me, it was clear that Snoke was a known figure in their lives.
@Piper Maru

Knowing someone doesn't mean intimate knowing, decades long knowing, etc. Leia could have suspected that Ben was under someone's influence, but once that influence was revealed to be Snoke, there's no point to address him as anything but Snoke. 

If we go by canon timeline, FO was still hiding in Unknown Regions 6 years prior to TFA, and Snoke definitely wasn't a political factor in GFFA cause nobody mentions him. You can't have Presidential elections plot pulled off without mentioning a power player if there's such a figure. But the only FO liaisons we hear of are Lady Carise and Amaxine Warriors.  

So my bet is that "Leia knows Snoke" refers to period between Bloodline and TFA when FO reveal happened.
@vaderito

But Snoke might easily have been a figure connected to Lady Carise, the Elder Houses, and the "rich *ssholes" on Canto Bight, and be the éminence grise in charge of financing the operation. That he wasn't mentioned in Bloodline just means Leia wasn't aware of the connection yet, even if she knew him. He would have been flying under the radar.

Just because the FO's military was hiding in the Unknown Regions also doesn't mean that Snoke was there.

I'm guessing there are roughly two options? Either Snoke himself is the dark presence lurking in the Unknown Regions (and reaching out to unborn Ben), or else Snoke is in fact a Supreme Rich *sshole and a sort of "chief minister" to the real evil behind him.
@Darth Dingbat

Im actually weighing heavily now on Snoke not being the actual big bad of this trilogy. First we have the potential spoiler of his being more like an evil Hugh Hefner in his gold robes, and lust for material possessions. That doesn't seem at all like I imagined him. Second, was it John Boyega? who said literally nothing at all in TLJ was going to go as you aspect it? This would have been separate from his quote about the romance.
Third, we have the quote from Rian about not really diving deep into that character.
These things all lead me to believe Snoke as the Supreme Leader might be serving as a cover and protection for something beyond him.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

I had to do an advanced search to find this tweet again but here is Rian's opinion on recasting Leia:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Tweets11

He is against it. That doesn't mean it won't happen since it isn't in his hands, but I find it unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:'Yet to be told', huh? Interesting.  Cool

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Tweets10

Gosh, I wonder who in the First Order would've wanted to save Leia? Confus
@WhatGirl

Yeah, I can't remember if you were here back then it not, but someone addressed the "warning datacard" to Pablo, suggesting that Kylo sent it, and Pablo said he couldn't get into that. @Mrs Ben Solo might have a copy of the actual tweet. I can't remember the exact wording, but I  remember thinking that it was definitely Kylo who sent it.
@SoloSideCousin

I remember that tweet conversation. It was from quite a long time ago, and I find it reassuring to see the question get addressed in similar fashion again in a more recent tweet. Things can change or get removed over time during production. Since the answer has stayed the same though, I do feel they probably intend to reveal who sent the datacard warning and why.

Last edited by WhatGirl on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many adverbs)

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:12 am

IMO it will be Kylo then, as I don't know how impactful it would be for someone else to warn Leia? Maybe someone else from the FO who is turning but who?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:30 am

WhatGirl wrote:I had to do an advanced search to find this tweet again but here is Rian's opinion on recasting Leia:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Tweets11

He is against it. That doesn't mean it won't happen since it isn't in his hands, but I find it unlikely.
@WhatGirl

The "starting from scratch" quote from Kathleen Kennedy makes me think they were leaning strongly against recasting. Why "start from scratch" if you're going to finish Leia's story arc as originally intended?

But who knows. If they're not going to recast, not going to use CGI, and not going to use older/unused footage, that doesn't really leave a lot of options. It makes me wonder if there is something to that reddit rumor that they had Carrie and some of the other actors film a "backup plan" scenario for Leia.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:49 am

WhatGirl wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@WhatGirl

Yeah, I can't remember if you were here back then it not, but someone addressed the "warning datacard" to Pablo, suggesting that Kylo sent it, and Pablo said he couldn't get into that. @Mrs Ben Solo might have a copy of the actual tweet. I can't remember the exact wording, but I  remember thinking that it was definitely Kylo who sent it.
@SoloSideCousin

I remember that tweet conversation. It was from quite a long time ago, and I find it reassuring to see the question get addressed in similar fashion again in a more recent tweet. Things can change or get removed over time during production. Since the answer has stayed the same though, I do feel they probably intend to reveal who sent the datacard warning and why.
@WhatGirl

I found it and posted it last night in this thread. It might be on the previous page now. Those tweets are nearly identical, even though they're over a year apart and by two different people in the story group. It's refreshing to know that nothing has changed in that regard.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:01 pm

I've been curious about how Leia's statements imply that she and Han knew Snoke. Which I figured had to do with Space Politics or the Force. But who knows? Maybe it could be tied in more with the criminal underworld which gets explored in Bloodline and which is the world both Han and Rey come from. He just happens to have some kind of Force powers (enough to dangle as bait in front of Ben) and knowledge of the family history, though it sounds like nobody knows other than Luke and Leia the true reason why Vader turned on the Emperor. Did they explain it like they killed each other in a power play but Luke was just there? Otherwise wouldn't people be suspicious with the "family friend who murdered our dad" explanation.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:12 pm

IoJovi wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@WhatGirl

@SoloSideCousin

@WhatGirl

I found it and posted it last night in this thread. It might be on the previous page now. Those tweets are nearly identical, even though they're over a year apart and by two different people in the story group. It's refreshing to know that nothing has changed in that regard.
@IoJovi

I don't know how you reconcile it with the more mystic conversation currently going in the other thread (e.g. Ben falling in Rey's place, etc), but if Ben turned to protect Leia (either doing what Anakin couldn't to protect his mother, or as a mirror of Anakin trying to protect Padme), it would certainly make a lot of sense that he'd continue to try to protect her.

But...if Snoke knew that Ben felt so strongly about protecting his mother that he turned to the dark side, surely he would have known that Kylo would have reacted poorly to them wanting to use Starkiller on the Resistance? Or perhaps Snoke really wanted the map to Skywalker gone THAT BADLY that he was willing to risk it? 'cuz Snoke is kind of showing his hand that he's using Kylo with that. Or maybe I'm just thinking about this too much.

Anyway, put me in the camp that thinks there's another Bigger Bad behind Snoke now. That would fit with what we read in Aftermath, but also with Pablo's tweets that seemed to try to direct people away from thinking that Snoke was trying to influence Baby Ben in the womb. I can't buy Space Pimp Rich Guy Snoke as the dark force calling to Palpatine, torturing babies in the womb, etc. Snoke might have been the middle man who seduced Ben (or perhaps that's just Leia's perception of it?), but there's something else darker out there.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm

See, if there's a Bigger Bad out there, the potential scenarios multiply...

i.e. what would the Bigger Bad's plans for Kylo be (as opposed to "just" Snoke's), what would the Bigger Bad's plans be for the galaxy and would they differ from the FO's, why does the Bigger Bad need to get rid of Luke, would Kylo himself be using Snoke to gain access to the Bigger Bad, what would be Rey's role in it all, etc...?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:41 pm

Regarding how well Leia knew Snoke, the TFA adult novel implies she may have known him in some sense (or at least knew of him) before he turned Ben to the dark side. I don't know if she knew it was Snoke at first, but she knew there was something affecting Ben for a long time. Perhaps she learned it was Snoke after the fact and put two and two together...

A lot of that language wasn't in the movie, leaving it far more ambiguous as to whether Leia knew Snoke. It doesn't mean the novel's take is no longer canon since the movie dialogue doesn't contradict it.  Also, Bloodline seems to correlate with what the TFA novel implies about Snoke's presence. I think it's possible Leia may have known Snoke, but it's definitely not a definitive fact. And who knows, maybe LF and Rian changed some things, but we'll see.

The novel's dialogue is-

TFA Novel:

Whereas the movie script language is much more concise and lacks any background-

TFA Script:
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 01 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

vaderito wrote:They've never said that. They've said they won't use CGI and that TLJ is the last movie with CF but nothing about recasting.
@vaderito

Thanks for confirming.  That's what I thought.  I kind of think it's doubtful that they'll recast, but I guess at this point anything is still possible.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

Do I even want all the bad guys I have now, much less adding another one? I'm going with "no."

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:21 am

Also, I'm in the recast Leia camp. It's risky, but like most risky things, it could be heavily rewarding. People think they can't possibly imagine anyone else playing her. And then Cate Blanchett goes in and does a great job, and everyone's thrilled.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:27 am

Kylo Men wrote:Also, I'm in the recast Leia camp. It's risky, but like most risky things, it could be heavily rewarding. People think they can't possibly imagine anyone else playing her. And then Cate Blanchett goes in and does a great job, and everyone's thrilled.
@Kylo Men

Same. They've never come out and said that the part isn't being recast. They've only said that 1. CGI isn't being used and 2. Carrie Fisher won't be in the movie at all.

However, two things stand out that detract from the likelyhood of this happening. One, Rian's tweet about him disagreeing with recasting. He does say the decision isn't up to him, but if they really were going that route, it's hard to see someone like him saying something against Lucasfilm's intentions. They're his employer after all.

Two, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Trevorrow mentioned the words "starting from scratch.". A recast would require almost no changes in the script.

I guess we'll see.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:56 am

IoJovi wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:Also, I'm in the recast Leia camp. It's risky, but like most risky things, it could be heavily rewarding. People think they can't possibly imagine anyone else playing her. And then Cate Blanchett goes in and does a great job, and everyone's thrilled.
@Kylo Men

Same. They've never come out and said that the part isn't being recast. They've only said that 1. CGI isn't being used and 2. Carrie Fisher won't be in the movie at all.

However, two things stand out that detract from the likelyhood of this happening. One, Rian's tweet about him disagreeing with recasting. He does say the decision isn't up to him, but if they really were going that route, it's hard to see someone like him saying something against Lucasfilm's intentions. They're his employer after all.

Two, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Trevorrow mentioned the words "starting from scratch.". A recast would require almost no changes in the script.

I guess we'll see.
@IoJovi

Yeah, they're certainly keeping their plans closely guarded (like everything else with the ST). To me, if they didn't want to recast or use CGI, using some existing footage to wrap things up would make the most sense. But KK says they're not doing that (regardless of what Todd Fisher said).

In fact, from what KK and CT have said, it sounds like they're leaning towards writing her out, meaning that something would have to happen to Leia offscreen between TLJ and IX... which to me, is a really unappealing option (at least, compared to a recast or using existing footage).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:14 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Kylo Men

I guess we'll see.
@IoJovi

Yeah, they're certainly keeping their plans closely guarded (like everything else with the ST). To me, if they didn't want to recast or use CGI, using some existing footage to wrap things up would make the most sense. But KK says they're not doing that (regardless of what Todd Fisher said).

In fact, from what KK and CT have said, it sounds like they're leaning towards writing her out, meaning that something would have to happen to Leia offscreen between TLJ and IX... which to me, is a really unappealing option (at least, compared to a recast or using existing footage).
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't really know what is the best option. I don't mind a recast if they find a good actress to play Leia just for a few scenes and not in close-up. Leia didn't have many scenes in TFA and we don't know how much she will get in TLJ. The easiest way would be to have her ending TLJ quite like Finn at the end of TFA. It also depends what Kylo's fate will be beyond TLJ. Let's suppose that TLJ ends like really bad for Kylo, maybe the screenwriters had Leia ending TLJ not necessarily dead but so in shock and/or wounded that they couls introduce her death in Episode IX quite naturally. Now, it doesn't seem like they intended to go that road since KK said that Episode IX was supposed to be her film.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen10

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:47 am

@snufkin

That sounds terrifying Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty temporary topiic

Post by snufkin Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

@Cowgirlsamurai - at least they didn't ask him to sing the national anthem!

Speaking of Star Wars related community events here in California, some friends just went to the Marin County Fair yesterday and posted picture of it. Lucasfilm has a display for the local industry section (it's being held in San Rafael, which is where GL started the company), so you can pose with Stormtroopers on a facsimile of the Finalizer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussion - Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi Mon 03 Jul 2017, 12:31 pm

I just realized there was an existing topic for Forces of Destiny web series.  Please move the discussion here:  

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t546-forces-of-destiny-web-series

The associated posts have been moved as well.  Thanks everyone!

Last edited by IoJovi on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee Mon 03 Jul 2017, 3:35 pm

snufkin wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Screen10

@snufkin

I'm going to the Dodgers game on Thursday because my little brother wants the bobblehead, but now I want to go for Star Wars night  bounce
MelBee
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next