Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+65
Atenais
AhsokaTano
bashfulblueeyes3
Mila95
Moonlight13
CienaRee
kroi
Piper Maru
RosiePancake
nickandnora
Riri
Teo oswald
KnightsofReylo_2015
MindAndMagic
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
EchoBase
Tex
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
californiagirl
vaderito
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Rei of Sunshine
Birdwoman
Cowgirlsamurai
Dar-ren19
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Xylo Ren
Gemlake
Darth_Awakened
twilekempire
Moonjump05
Saracene
ZioRen
lauvamp
rey09
Kylo Men
IoJovi
Armadeus
Reynak
DeeBee
giaciak2
Kessel
Kylo Rey
snufkin
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MyOnlyHope
thescavenger
Reylo Lemon
FrolickingFizzgig
Irina de France
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Let The Past Die
Ynqve
motherofpearl1
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
BB-Rey
rawpowah
69 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Night Huntress Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:19 pm

@ZioRen

I think someone asked on social media - Pablo or some other member from the story group...and they just replied that there is no evidence that it broke in two. Yeah, but to me it looks like it did break in two just like the novelization described. Nope

Force they really don't want to answer anything... Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:38 pm

Night Huntress wrote:@ZioRen

I think someone asked on social media - Pablo or some other member from the story group...and they just replied that there is no evidence that it broke in two. Yeah, but to me it looks like it did break in two just like the novelization described. Nope

Force they really don't want to answer anything... Rolling Eyes
@Night Huntress

Yes, it was Matt.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:44 pm

Sorry for the s*** quality of the pictures- maybe someone could make better ones? f**** apple made sure you can't take screenshots from iTunes movies so I needed to improvise. Till I have the blu-ray I need to stick with taking pictures of my screen with my phone. Rolling Eyes

To me it looks like it's broken

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 29178510
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 29178710
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 29216110
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 29196910
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:52 pm

@“Night Huntress”

Because JJ is writing and wants them to just shut it Very Happy

Re Kylo and his MO: my take is that his past abuse (from both parents, uncle, and Snoke) has rendered him unable to hang onto even a semblance of hope that a positive attitude might just yield a positive outcome. A Darksider revels in harboring negative emotions to make themselves stronger and more invincible, and I think he attributed that pull to the light he feels to his meeting Rey — the rising Light to his Darkness. It’s the reason he behaves like a moth to her flame... drinking in her very existence like it was some kind of sustenance. But when he finds out about her past (and yes he knows about it even before the hand touch — he must have investigated her background because brings it up during their second FB), not only does he feel an immediate identification and empathy, but almost a sense of longing and perhaps even vindication. In his mind, the monologue is like “see, Rey, SEE? Family is no good...after what you and I went through, how can you NOT see that my way is right!”

He can’t fathom that someone whose parents abandoned her can feel any sense of forgiveness and longing for said parents. So when she rejected and abandoned him, in the next few moments, she became the galaxy’s biggesg hypocrite because he feels he KNOWS exactly how she feels, and yet she’s doing something that’s anathema to him: she still has hope.

His rage at Luke and everything else he did on Crait is the fallout.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:09 pm

@Night Huntress

Only pic I have is one - I just shows the casing starting to crack. I looked at a cross section diagram for Luke’s light saber and it shows a ‘focusing crystal’ and ‘primary crystal’. I know next to zero about how they’re constructed but the crack looks like it’s in this chamber ? In theory one of these crystals could be in each half ? In theory of course.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 58c44110
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 87fb1610

I’m wondering if there is a little peek at possible crystals poking out in the scene where Leia says ‘we have all we need’ whilst Rey is holding them ? Idk I having seen that part of the film in months
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:20 pm

I think crystal isn't broken, but JJ can change it. It's one of those details that can be changed without retcon. I'm not sure why it needs to be broken, you can't make lightsaber with half-broken crystal. If Rey will make double sword, she will need two crystals.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Eaia10
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:50 pm

Turn on those tear ducts

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:57 pm

special_cases wrote:I think crystal isn't broken, but JJ can change it. It's one of those details that can be changed without retcon. I'm not sure why it needs to be broken, you can't make lightsaber with half-broken crystal. If Rey will make double sword, she will need two crystals.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Eaia10
@special_cases

she is holding the piece in her right hand in an angle where you can't see it because it's deeper in the casing?
And if the crystal isn't broken- what exactly caused the explosion ???

It's not particularly important but I'm a nerdy nerd and curious to why they would make such a mystery of it...

in the novelization the moment is described:
She and Kylo were sweating now, neither willing to give so much as a millimeter in their standoff. Until, finally, the crystal sheared apart, its unleashed energy tearing the lightsaber’s housing in half and filling the throne room with a flash of brilliant, blinding white.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:14 pm

rey09 wrote:Turn on those tear ducts

@rey09
Cry Cry Cry
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm

rey09 wrote:Turn on those tear ducts

@rey09

This is heartbreaking. I cried. So hard to watch. Gosh, I cried watching this scene in the movie, but this is on another level. The way their voices break... Carrie, I miss you so much. Cry

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:38 pm

it's not broken, kyber crystal is not craked Smile don't worry
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 14 Mar 2018, 7:29 pm

Some thoughts about Snoke, Ben, Leia, Han and Luke, it seems that Snoke manipulated many things behind the scenes to bring about Ben's fall to the dark side. What is interesting as I was watching the movie and reading the book, I felt like Snoke has a view of the force similar to what they thought back in the prequels. It never occurred to him that the force is living and can manifest in people who are 'nobodies.' That is why he sought out the Skywalkers because of their lineage. He felt that Luke was only Kylo's true enemy. Once you destroy Luke then the light is gone. It makes me think if He and Kylo thought the awakening was Luke in TFA? Because of that view of the force, he was proven wrong when a scavenger came out of no where strong in the force. In the throne room scene, He wanted Rey dead because he didn't need her. I do feel, if Kylo had killed Rey, then went to the Island to kill Luke...Snoke would have killed Kylo. Then Snoke would be the most powerful force user in the galaxy. I feel that was his ultimate goal, not having another little pet Vader running who would possibly kill him. I can't tell you how happy I was when that lightsaber went through his body. Even though I wasn't super thrilled with the Renperor direction of the story at first, I am so happy Snoke got taken out.

I know Matt said there is more storytelling in the future about how Snoke met Ben at some point. Probably that story will drop right before Episode 9 drops.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 14 Mar 2018, 7:49 pm

@Birdwoman I've only seen TLJ 3 times, so I may not be the best source in this forum. But my impression from when he's monologuing to Rey is that he had envisioned that as Ben's power in Darkness grew, that there would be an equally powerful LS user. He assumed that person was Luke and he'd been setting up Ben to take out Luke -  with Han's murder as a trial run. Not that it makes sense in terms of testing his ability to choose loyalty/subservience to Snoke over family love b/c we now know happened to him with Luke.

But anyways, Han's murder was a test to show that he wouldn't make the same mistake (family sentimentality) that Vader supposedly made in saving Luke. Snoke just wanted to extinguish the Light (insert his villain's monologue in the beginning about Hope), so he was fine with getting the map and blowing up Ache-to. Hux chastising Kylo about 'personal interests' was 100% him wanting to go to Ache-to and confront Luke about what happened. Skip ahead to there being this mysterious Awakening and Snoke knows there's suddenly another Force user around who's super powerful, Kylo brings up this girl he's kidnapped who's coincidentally got enough the Force to boot him out of her mind, she beats his a**, and Snoke puts two and two together that the Awakening is actually Rey. And he's perfectly happy to set up a situation where he both gets the intel out of her about where Luke is, blows up the island to take out Luke (and the Porgs, First Jedi Temple, and Frog Nuns, what a jerk!), has Kylo kill her to eliminate her as a threat as the equal in the Light/bearer of Hope, and then done what Han warned and crushed (killed) Kylo right there. Judging from his intro scene and continued breakdown over what he did to Han, going along with Snoke and killing Rey given his feelings for her/being other half in the Force would've destroyed him.

Of course the irony is that in setting the trap he expected to use on Rey and have her killed, Snoke instead sealed his own death because of how that deepened/strengthened Kylo's feelings for her and her compassion/attraction to him in turn

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 14 Mar 2018, 8:09 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:I know we had this discussion somewhere already- but I can't remember where...

Was it officially debunked that the kyber crystal from the Legacy lightsaber did NOT broke???

Because as I rewatched that scene a few times and it looks like it did break in two. I mean it would be also logical- why else would there be an explosion if not from the crystal? scratch

You see something glowing in both of the pieces.

I stilled the video but I can't make screenshots from it because iTunes or Apple found a way to prevent that  Rolling Eyes
@Night Huntress

According to Jason Fry's novelization, the crystal DID break in two--in fact, that's what caused the lightsaber housing to break.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think Rian also said something (maybe that recent SXSW interview or a documentary clip) where he talks about them being equals and seems to intimate that the lightsaber broke straight down the middle. I mean honestly, I think it had to crack to cause that explosion, and I think that they will heal it in IX.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 14 Mar 2018, 9:11 pm

Weren't there a couple of complaints recently about posts here appearing on reddit? Saw one of mine appear from some anonymous account on Tumblr, posed as a question to another account. And I don't even have an account, I just visit once in a while. Maybe it's one particular person lurking. Strange. Shocked
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

@californiagirl Yes, maybe the same person who plagiarized earlier posts on here for question to a Tumblr blog?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:40 pm

I recently saw small post from anonymous on Tumblr which was copied from Reddit. And I saw a few comments on Reddit from here, but I thought that it were just you guys with different usernames.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:49 pm

Not sure why people can't phrase their thoughts or questions in their own way. We here certainly all do, wondering about the same things but expressing them in different ways.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 15 Mar 2018, 3:04 am

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 15 Mar 2018, 6:16 am

@Riri

I'm just watching it- ist that actually Whippet they got into a Crystal- Fox costume??? Lolilol
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 15 Mar 2018, 8:56 am

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco2_540The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco3_540
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco1_540
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco6_540
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco5_540
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5lt8tglnb1tthjcco4_540

I really like this scene and wish they had kept it in. It shows a socially underdeveloped Rey and a different side of her (aquiescing to their call to celebrate by casually whirling her lightsaber). I think it brings to the surface her obvious lack of social skills because she's most likely never been to a party or celebration in her life. It ups the sympathy for her imo.  Sad

This girl has never "let loose" or had any happiness in her life. I'd like to think it foreshadows that she *will* one day have that dance, that party, that love of carefree life---with Kylo.

Plus the male fish nuns are cute as can be.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 15 Mar 2018, 9:37 am

@Xylo Ren

Yeah! I loved this so much! I really wished they had kept that in! And I don't think Luke comes off as to cruel...it was such a powerful deep interaction between him and Rey.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 15 Mar 2018, 9:45 am

@Riri

Hahaha if you click on the reddit link that tumblr user provides the comments at the top are great (reylo friendly). I can't post it here because it has cuss words lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:05 am

Yeah the HD images make a difference, thigh grab looks closer to his crotch than outer thigh. And the party scene would’ve been cute, though maybe too on the nose that Rey is waiting for a visit from her (shirtless) gentleman caller for some special hut time.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:27 am

More Kylo and Anakin/Vader parallels:

Rian confirmed that this was indeed a visual callback to Anakin's Order 66 moment:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5hhlkmocY1v3zvhko3_r3_540

This is very consciously echoing a shot from Episode III of Anakin coming in that I always loved. Just a beautiful graphic shot that George did that we wanted to do a callback to.— Rian Johnson, The Last Jedi director commentary

From the deleted scene, RJ inserted a parallel to Vader:

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko2_r1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko3_r2_540

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko1_540 The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 38 Tumblr_p5jw74hTLN1v3zvhko5_r1_540
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next