Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by DeeBee Sun 06 May 2018, 7:58 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Kessel wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:So I was just thinking, we still have a few things left over to come from TLJ. Rian said he was gong to release the script eventually, he's also going ahead with the Black and white behind the scenes photo book (he said he took about 3000 photos), and Ram Bergman is producing that BTS mini series. Pretty exciting.
@Kylo Rey

That all sounds great, especially the BTS mini series!

I really wish they’d release the script soon because it will no doubt provide us with more insight into Rey and Kylo’s scenes and confirm a lot of the movie’s more nuanced elements. I’m curious why it hasn’t been released yet. Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t really have an answer as to why it’s taking so long.
@Kessel

Nice to know there is something new to look forward to... Surprised
@motherofpearl1

Happy thoughts!!!!!!!
Still more TLJ content to come? Awesome!
There is so much SW content that is new to me in general.. I didn't re-engage with SW till a year after TFA came out..  I was crazy about the movies but never engaged with other content. There is soooo much I don't know and fun thing to learn! It was a good time to re-engage - because its after content was labelled 'legends' and removed from canon. I feel for fans who had invested years in it to have it all removed - and they now wait to see what will be brought back into canon. phew.

I think I"ll enjoy the wait for IX absorbing canon content slowly and dabbling in legends content a little too (as potential canon material).
Finally, I just bought the book 'Aftermath' and am about to start digesting that! So I'm sure I'll be stopping by Takodana woods to discuss and hear what others make of it eventually! There is so much SW content out there we could be digesting new stuff right up until 20 December, 2019! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 10 May 2018, 6:37 pm

This article was mentioned in the tweet thread, but the article itself is a nice little summary of the "expanded material" in the TLJ novelization (vs. what we saw in the movie). It's surprisingly worth reading, outside of the fact that the author is a Rey Solo-ist L-puke Rolling Eyes :

https://thegeekiverse.com/49-things-last-jedi-novelization-tells-movie-doesnt/

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 10 May 2018, 6:46 pm

The only way Rey can become a Solo is if Ben and her marry.

So all these Soloists will eventually get their wish.... from a certain point of view Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 11 May 2018, 12:02 pm

I noticed one thing, in the scene with unkar plutt in episode VII, he offer her food for the droid and Rey looks at bb8 is a parallel scene with the last jedi
when Kylo tells Rey that her parents sold her for drink
Rey did not accept the food, she refused, his parents
instead no...

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 15 Rey-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-luke-and-rey-star-wars-39789302-500-226
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 11 May 2018, 12:39 pm

Remember all the debate around this shot in the trailer and where it was actually taking place as it was hard to make out the background with all the smoke and the darkness etc? Some of us even thought it was taking place outside in the night.

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 15 Kylo-hand

Well in the movie...

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 15 Tumblr_p5up1pA9dS1uqyagpo2_540

They literally blurred out/covered up everything in the background for that scene in the trailer. Top trolling from RJ and co. Laughing
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 12 May 2018, 1:33 am

Am I the only one who found that one of the most heartbreaking scenes in the film? Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 May 2018, 1:55 am

@rawpowah -indeed. Haaaa I'm all for Rey Solo! [err from THAT certain point of view!]

@Teo oswald - I had not made that connection! Really wonderful, where Rey's parents gave in to the temptation, Rey did not. She held on to her values. (I think she also held on to her values when turning down Kylo/Ben's offer!)

@Kylo Rey - nicely spotted!
I don't think the lights would have given anything away, I think they erased them so the embers stood out more and it just looked pretty.

@motherofpearl1 - yes indeed! I'm thinking it broke the hearts of all reylos no?
One thing I found comforting - YMMV, but for me when Rey started reaching out with her hand - Kylo did not react to this, to me I didn't see in his eyes relief or joy at her for seemingly accepting his offer. He seemed to still be waiting for her answer as she started to reach out.
Had he been all - hoorah! Rey's joining me and then she pulled the saber my heart would have really really broken (like the saber ha).

Also, for me, it's angst that fits the characters and doesn't make me want to bang their heads against the wall for being idiots. their actions and decisions make sense to me. They weren't ready yet. (Soon!! Love )
There's a fanfic I'm reading at the moment where they are both so stooopid I am starting to lean toward them not getting together in that story LOL!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 12 May 2018, 3:20 pm

Transcription of Rey & Kylo scenes from the TLJ Blu-ray Descriptive Audio
He glances down the corridor, “Can you see my surroundings? I can’t see yours… just you.” His expression softens.

“You are a monster!” Face bathed in shadow he draws closer, gazing intently into Rey’s eyes. “Yes, I am.” Rey stares taken aback, her contemptuous expression softening a bit. She stares thoughtfully, blinking, she finds herself alone once more facing the crashing ocean spray.

Rey walks along the rocky ridge. She stops in her tracks. “I’d rather not do this now.”
“Yeah, me too.”
“Why did you hate your…” She adverts her gaze as she turns to him and finds him shirtless.
“Do have something a cowl or something to put on?” He just stares at her as she shakes her head. “Why did you hate your father, give me an honest answer.” He walks closer. “You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you.” 
“I didn’t hate him.” “Then why?” “Why what? Say it.”
“Why did you kill him, I don’t understand.” One of his eyes twitches.
….
“Liar.” With an unwavering stare Kylo steps closer. “Let the past die, kill it if you have to.” Rey turns her face thoughtful.

Spotting the gold dice on the floor Kylo Ren crouches. On the Falcon Rey waves survivors on to the corridor as they board. Turning to look out the open door she freezes. Kylo Ren stares back, her expression hardens and she presses a button. The ships ramp lifts, as it closes out Kylo Ren he shutters. With tears in his eyes he looks down at the gold dice in his hand they disappear. He clenches his now empty fist and bows his head.

From a seat on Snoke’s Star Destroyer Kylo Ren gazes at her. Her eyes meet his. “It isn’t too late.”
Kylo Ren sifts his head, his expression soft a faint shimmer of tears in his eye. Heaving a breathe Rey tentatively lifts her right hand Kylo Ren glances at it, his eye twitching. He meets Rey’s gaze and she extends her hand towards him. He slides off one of his black gloves, staring intently at Rey.
Tears well in her eyes and warm firelight glows on her face. A close view of Rey’s hand shows Kylo Ren’s reaching out towards it awash in orange light from the fire. Their fingers reach each other and Kylo Ren presses the tips of his to hers. Rey shivers as Kylo Ren’s gaze remains locked on hers, a tear slides down her cheek. He trembles slightly.

http://kroi.tumblr.com/post/173833177603

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 12 May 2018, 3:30 pm

Riri wrote:Transcription of Rey & Kylo scenes from the TLJ Blu-ray Descriptive Audio
He glances down the corridor, “Can you see my surroundings? I can’t see yours… just you.” His expression softens.

“You are a monster!” Face bathed in shadow he draws closer, gazing intently into Rey’s eyes. “Yes, I am.” Rey stares taken aback, her contemptuous expression softening a bit. She stares thoughtfully, blinking, she finds herself alone once more facing the crashing ocean spray.

Rey walks along the rocky ridge. She stops in her tracks. “I’d rather not do this now.”
“Yeah, me too.”
“Why did you hate your…” She adverts her gaze as she turns to him and finds him shirtless.
“Do have something a cowl or something to put on?” He just stares at her as she shakes her head. “Why did you hate your father, give me an honest answer.” He walks closer. “You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you.” 
“I didn’t hate him.” “Then why?” “Why what? Say it.”
“Why did you kill him, I don’t understand.” One of his eyes twitches.
….
“Liar.” With an unwavering stare Kylo steps closer. “Let the past die, kill it if you have to.” Rey turns her face thoughtful.

Spotting the gold dice on the floor Kylo Ren crouches. On the Falcon Rey waves survivors on to the corridor as they board. Turning to look out the open door she freezes. Kylo Ren stares back, her expression hardens and she presses a button. The ships ramp lifts, as it closes out Kylo Ren he shutters. With tears in his eyes he looks down at the gold dice in his hand they disappear. He clenches his now empty fist and bows his head.

From a seat on Snoke’s Star Destroyer Kylo Ren gazes at her. Her eyes meet his. “It isn’t too late.”
Kylo Ren sifts his head, his expression soft a faint shimmer of tears in his eye. Heaving a breathe Rey tentatively lifts her right hand Kylo Ren glances at it, his eye twitching. He meets Rey’s gaze and she extends her hand towards him. He slides off one of his black gloves, staring intently at Rey.
Tears well in her eyes and warm firelight glows on her face. A close view of Rey’s hand shows Kylo Ren’s reaching out towards it awash in orange light from the fire. Their fingers reach each other and Kylo Ren presses the tips of his to hers. Rey shivers as Kylo Ren’s gaze remains locked on hers, a tear slides down her cheek. He trembles slightly.

http://kroi.tumblr.com/post/173833177603
@Riri

What's Descriptive Audio?

Kill me or this sounds like a typical Reylo fan fiction story with "his expression softens" and so on lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 12 May 2018, 3:44 pm

@Darth_Awakened

My exact thoughts lol.

The tumblr poster said to watch TLJ on Blu-Ray with descriptive audio. I'm guessing its an option there?

If anyone has the Blu-Ray please check for us Very Happy!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 12 May 2018, 4:01 pm

This reads like a Harlequin romance. I love it.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 May 2018, 5:13 pm

Can someone help me out please- I can't find a Rey thread for TLJ. But I may just be going blind?!

@Riri - thanks for sharing the descriptive audio. really interesting!

"Spotting the gold dice on the floor Kylo Ren crouches. On the Falcon Rey waves survivors on to the corridor as they board. Turning to look out the open door she freezes. Kylo Ren stares back, her expression hardens and she presses a button. The ships ramp lifts, as it closes out Kylo Ren he shutters. With tears in his eyes he looks down at the gold dice in his hand they disappear. He clenches his now empty fist and bows his head."
I'm guessing Kylo shudders Very Happy
The tears in his eyes is interesting, I wasn't sure if he had tears or not.. maybe this was also in the novelisation and I've missed it.

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 12 May 2018, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 12 May 2018, 5:31 pm

Riri wrote:@Darth_Awakened

My exact thoughts lol.

The tumblr poster said to watch TLJ on Blu-Ray with descriptive audio. I'm guessing its an option there?

@Riri
Funnily enough I'd been watching with Rians commentary so I switched him off and the descriptive audio on. Its interesting to hear and sometimes surprising to the actual words they use, maybe because I've missed a few things myself. By heck it does sound like fan fiction ! The word 'imploringly' is used to describe Rey looking at Ben in the elevator. But here's a few other examples.

Force Scene 1
Rey aims at him and shoots, he jerks bending over with his teeth clenched, then lifts his gaze, his lips stuttering....

Escape pod/ coffin
Light sabre in hand Rey sighs with uncertainty then lowers herself inside while Chewie shuts the top hatch....inside Rey struggles to control her breathing....she gazes through the porthole eyes wide with alarm. Whisps of smoke drift past revealing Kylo Ren looking down on her. They share a long look

Throne Room
Snoke glowers imposingly across the room...Kylo Rey's gloved hand retrieves the light sabre from the floor and he faces Rey with a sombre countenance....

Snokes death
....impaled through the torso. Kylo Ren gestures, the weapon flies through the air into Rey's grasp...the severed top half crashes to the floor. Rey and Ben share a long look. Red light bathes his face as his own light saber extends...

After PG fight
I want you to join me. we can rule together. Kylo extends his hand...he moves closer.'You come from nothing you are nothing.' Rey drops her gaze with a chastened look ....

Last edited by MrsWindu on Sun 13 May 2018, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 12 May 2018, 5:40 pm

@MrsWindu Thanks so much!

I wonder if this is just based on the film interpretation by whoever was in charge of the audio description, or if they got their hands on Rian's script!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sat 12 May 2018, 5:42 pm

MrsWindu wrote:
Riri wrote:@Darth_Awakened

My exact thoughts lol.

@Riri
Funnily enough I'd been watching with Rians commentary so I switched him off and the descriptive audio on. Its interesting to hear and sometimes surprising to the actual words they use, maybe because I've missed a few things myself. By heck it does sound like fan fiction ! The word 'imploringly' is used to describe Rey looking at Ben in the elevator. But here's a few other examples.

Force Scene 1
Rey aims at him and shoots, he jerks bending over with his teeth clenched, then lifts his gaze, his lips stuttering....

Escape pod/ coffin
Light sabre in hand Rey sighs with uncertainty then lowers herself inside while Chewie shuts the top hatch....inside Rey struggles to control her breathing....she gazes through the pothole eyes wide with alarm. Whists of smoke drift past revealing Kylo Pen looking down on her. They share a long look

Throne Room
Snoke glowers imposingly across the room...Kylo Rey's gloved hand retrieves the light sabre from the floor and he faces Rey with a sombre countenance....

Snokes death
....impaled through the torso. Kylo Ren gestures, the weapon flies through the air into Rey's grasp...the severed top half crashes to the floor.Rey and Ben share a long look. Red light bathes his face as his own light saber extends...

After PG fight
I want you to join me. we can rule together. Kylo extends his hand...he moves closer. You come from nothing you are nothing. Rey drops her gaze with a chastened look ....
@MrsWindu
Well... it seems that they shared a lot of long looks. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 12 May 2018, 5:54 pm

@Riri

The quick impression I got from male English accented 'narrator' was they are providing as much detail as possible but economically, like describing hyperspace as blue blur ( I think)

@Moonlight13
I laughed out loud at the red light bathing his face as his own light sabre extends...sorry I couldn't help it.

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 12 May 2018, 6:25 pm

DeeBee wrote:Can someone help me out please- I can't find a Rey thread for TLJ. But I may just be going blind?!
@DeeBee

There is a The Heroine's Journey/Rey's Journey thread in the IX board. I believe it was moved from the TLJ board, as it started in October. The same thing happened to the Tweets thread. I remember there had been multiple similar threads that were combined. There really are SO many threads on all these boards.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 May 2018, 7:40 pm

@californiagirl

Thanks for your help californiagirl! I was searching and thinking I was imagining things! lol.
Oh yes the whole 3 movies in a trilogy thing with stories and characters spanning the 3 movies keeps things complicated and interesting things for sure Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 13 May 2018, 8:54 am

So this is the first time we've recieved confirmation that Rey considered Kylo's proposal and was conflicted:

**The proposal:**

Ben: “Do you want to know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known?”
*A tear falls from Rey’s eye.*

Ben: “Have you just hidden it away?”
*Kylo Ren draws closer.* “You know the truth. Say it. Say it.”

Rey: “They were nobody.”

Ben: “They were filthy junk traders. Sold you off for drinking money— they’re dead in a paupers grave in the Jakku desert. You have no place in this story. You come from nothing. You’re nothing.” *Rey drops her gaze with a chastened look.* “But not to me.” *She raises her teary eyes to meet his.*

Ben: “Join me.”
*As Kylo Ren offers his hand again, Rey considers it. He steps forward, opening his gloved hand a bit more. She looks him straight in the eye with a conflicted expression.*

Ben: “Please.”

(Skips to a couple other scenes....aaaaaand we’re back)

*In the throne room, Rey gazes pleadingly, a large gash on her upper arm. Embers continue to fall and smolder on the floor, lending a warm, orange glow to her face. As she slowly raises her right hand, Kylo Ren watches with bated breath. Gaze turning defiant, Rey raises her arm and the light saber falls from his grasp. It hovers halfway between them in mid-air, mere inches from their outstretched hands.*

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 13 May 2018, 9:04 am

I'll have to check it out, sounds fascinating. It's a credit to Adam, though, that he makes Kylo seem so vulnerable and beseeching that I was actually mad at Rey both for rejecting his proposal and the way she looked at him at the end....she was our hero and I was furious with her!!! Some villain Kylo is! Mad Laughing
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sun 13 May 2018, 1:36 pm

@Riri, thanks for sharing my OP! Smile

Descriptive audio is for people who are blind or otherwise visually impaired....

And yes @Deebee, I originally typed it up on my phone then put it through my word processor to fix spelling/grammar. Wink Someone on Tumblr kindly pointed out a couple typos I missed in my hurry to post!
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 14 May 2018, 10:05 am

Can I just say here - we need more people to appreciate Rose. Because she is to me the beating heart of this trilogy. This is the girl who has lost her entire family yet her love for them and the love she received from them stops her from becoming bitter and twisted. This is the girl who thinks saving abused animals is worth her life. This is the girl who believes that love is stronger than hate. If Kylo is forgiven, the first to forgive him will be Rose. If anyone will practically shove our star crossed lovers together, it will be Rose Tico.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 14 May 2018, 9:06 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Can I just say here - we need more people to appreciate Rose. Because she is to me the beating heart of this trilogy. This is the girl who has lost her entire family yet her love for them and the love she received from them stops her from becoming bitter and twisted. This is the girl who thinks saving abused animals is worth her life. This is the girl who believes that love is stronger than hate. If Kylo is forgiven, the first to forgive him will be Rose. If anyone will practically shove our star crossed lovers together, it will be Rose Tico.
@motherofpearl1

I've gotta run, but just wanted to say Yes!!!!! I'd love to look more at Rose - I'm up for this conversation! Maybe we could start a Rose thread in the IX section - it would be great to look more closely at her in TLJ and what's potentially in store for her in IX.
If no one else gets to it before I do I'll start one. See you there motherof pearl1 haaa Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 14 May 2018, 11:28 pm

I don't know, Rose sounded pretty bitter to me when she said that she'd like to put a fist through Canto Bight.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 15 May 2018, 12:02 am

Well, she's human....but the comment on 'saving what we love, not destroying what we hate' was anything but bitter.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next