Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

+72
Good-olio Raeh
nickandnora
LadyHa
thescavenger
BB-Rey
Darth_marshmallow
Atenais
Kylo Men
Lily Snape
Forsythia
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
SheLitAFire
SkyStar
reylo1992
shii405
DeeBee
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
bossbaby
DarthRen
BenRey
motherofpearl1
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
snufkin
soulluos
So-Old-Juvenile Named Ewa
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
kassadin
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
ZioRen
Helix
Search Your Feelings
ladyconsular
MeadowofAshes
Libra Vibora
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Marchtwin
Gemini
CienaRee
Little_Boots
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Ren
Blackcanary
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
Force22
Darth Rowan
panki
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
AnneNeville
guardienne
76 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by snufkin Sat 15 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

Dunno if this was posted before, Finn appreciation

Why Finn is the Best Character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Finn wants his friends to be safe, even when he’s just met them. Finn’s friendships become the emotional core of the film. In fact, while I don’t diss anyone’s ships, I find it hilarious that Finn can be shipped with anyone and everyone, mostly because he genuinely cares about people.

To reduce all of that to “comic relief” and “sidekick” grossly misses the point. Yes, Finn is funny, but The Force Awakens is a funny movie! Boyega had great lines and excellent chemistry with the whole cast. The banter between Finn and Han was especially wonderful. At no point was Finn the gag or the butt of the joke. In a trio of heroes (though, given his limited screen time, does Poe really count?), Finn is also not relegated to a minor role. While Rey is filling the Force-sensitive Chosen One role, Finn is given a complete character arc in this film and is key to the progression of the plot. Sure, Finn was just a sanitation worker. But Rey was just a scavenger, Luke was just a farmer, and Anakin was just a slave. Person of Humble Origins Rises to Greatness is one of the oldest tropes in the world. Rather than detracting from Finn’s awesomeness, his lowly beginnings may hint at unparalleled greatness in the future. After all, that lowly janitor blasts ships out of the sky after getting only a 30-second tutorial on how to work the cannons from Poe Dameron.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by BastilaBey Sat 15 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

John at the Queen of Katwe premiere H-beating

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Queen+Of+Katwe+London+Premiere+1Bt4sfCNv4nl

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 John+Boyega+Queen+Katwe+London+Premiere+P1OvvuV39XFl

And with radiant Lupita, and David Oyelowo

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Lupita-nyongo-john-boyega-david-oyelow-queen-of-katwe-london-yaasomuah-2016-1
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 15 Oct 2016, 1:21 pm

This guy is just wow!

John H-beating
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:19 pm

Last edited by BastilaBey on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 24 Oct 2016, 3:37 pm

@BastilaBey

That Shirtless!Finn bust looks Captain Finnmerica to me. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

Just finished reading Finn's story...it clears up a few things:

1. Finn was seen as an outsider by his fellow stormies.....Nines, Slips and Zero were his friends, hence Nines felt betrayed when he left and called him traitor.
2. He is supposed to be excellent at combat, leading troops etc.....Finn was seen as officer material.... he would have ended up as a FO officer if he hadn't had a change of heart. I think it foreshadows him becoming a big deal in the resistance.
3. He escaped with Poe because he was afraid Phasma would punish him one way or another for the Jakku incident.
4. He thinks Rey is capable of looking after herself and holds her hand only to make sure he doesn't get separated from her and BB-8 when escaping the FO on Jakku.
5. He does notice she is pretty but it is a passing thought.....no deep romantic feelings expressed at any stage and he feels really guilty lying to her about being a resistance member.... he uses the term "friend" for Rey, Han, Poe and even BB-8.....I think he is looking for friends at this stage more than a romance.
6. He doesn't hear the screams of the Hosnian victims as some speculated....he hears a sound from the castle (the people inside coming out and looking up?) and sees what he recognizes as the starkiller weapons rays.
7.Kylo has never met him before the Jakku mission, debunking the Finn being Kylo's secret apprentice rumor.
8. The FO seems to have miners working for them (probably in the Unknown Regions) and their work conditions are really terrible.
9. Finn is smarter than the movie showed us...he realised there is something odd in the way that Rey escaped after Kylo captured her but he doesn't get a chance to piece it together....he also realises that Han and Kylo are father and son, even without hearing their walkway conversation.
10. Finn didn't only work in sanitation... he was assigned sanitation on SKB so he knew how to sneak in without being detected.
11. Phasma is particularly evil and vengeful.....she is definitely going to do something to hurt Finn.
12. Finn hears the clash of lightsabers as he loses consciousness.....we get the impression he knows Rey is the one handling the lightsaber against Kylo before he blacks out.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 20 Nov 2016, 9:53 am

CienaRee wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:@CienaRee

I am really with you on that one. Imperials are really starting to appeal to me. Rae Sloane in books. Kallus in SW Rebels - alone in his empty room after having forged an alliance for survival with Zeb on the ice planet. There's a whole other side to the Empire to explore that is much less evil than shown in the past. I like the blurring of the line between heroes and villains.

A movie following the lives of stormtroopers and officers would be awesome.
@SanghaRen

Yup,I really love morally grey characters like Kylo and other Imperials because you can take them to very interesting and scary places which you can't really do with the heroes.
You know it's funny nowdays it looks like the villians are the ones who're aways evolving while the heros remain stagant.
@CienaRee

Which is why I desperately want to see a 'darker' side to the Resistance. And not FO 'moles' but genuine Resistance members who aren't exactly saints.
Said this before but I keep getting a scene where Finn confronts some Resistance member with the words:
"I thought you were the 'good guys'."
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:@CienaRee

I am really with you on that one. Imperials are really starting to appeal to me. Rae Sloane in books. Kallus in SW Rebels - alone in his empty room after having forged an alliance for survival with Zeb on the ice planet. There's a whole other side to the Empire to explore that is much less evil than shown in the past. I like the blurring of the line between heroes and villains.

A movie following the lives of stormtroopers and officers would be awesome.
@SanghaReny

Yup,I really love morally grey characters like Kylo and other Imperials because you can take them to very interesting and scary places which you can't really do with the heroes.
You know it's funny nowdays it looks like the villians are the ones who're aways evolving while the heros remain stagant.
@CienaRee

Which is why I desperately want to see a 'darker' side to the Resistance. And not FO 'moles' but genuine Resistance members who aren't exactly saints.
Said this before but I keep getting a scene where Finn confronts some Resistance member with the words:
"I thought you were the 'good guys'."

I would love if something like that happens.I know up until now SW has had a very black and white morality but I think what makes a story interesting and ongoing is when you have compel multi dimensional characters on both sides.Human beings are complicated.I don't think for most of them they're the heroes if there isn't stories which is why Kylo is such a nice change from what we've seen.He has the mentality that what he does is right and I very much doubt he's the only one from the FO who believes that.The problem with depicting them as purely evil and the Resustance as purely good I'd that you run out of interesting storyline a to tell because your options are so limited.They're no real stakes because we've already watched the same storyline okay out in the OT.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:14 am

Exactly.
I love the OT, but I actually like seeing Han and Leia as flawed characters. Han always put his own interests first - which was what made his sacrifice all the more powerful -,and Leia was a politican first and foremost. Which made them poor at parenting. Mark Hamill has always wanted to explore a 'darker' side to Luke, and I'd love to see him get his wish. The new cast are wonderfully shades of grey.

Something a bit off topic....I'm currently reading the book 'A Street Cat Named Bob'; the author for those who don't know is a recovering drug addict and former homeless person. He's wonderfully honest about his bad choices in life, and speaks warmly of his mother, who he obviously loves and loves him. Yet his problems began when his mother took a job she was successful in but which meant they moved repeatedly, from England to Australia and back again, then back to the UK. As a result he couldn't put down roots and was horribly bullied, which led to his eventual isolation and addiction troubles.
I'm sure his mum is a good person, but she very obviously put her career first. And all I thought was: she's like Leia.
Fiction sadly mirrored in real life.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 20 Nov 2016, 4:51 pm

@motherofpearl1 - I read that book and thought that he was probably somebody who probably in a more stable upbringing might be prone to depression/anxiety. So the peripatetic childhood didn't help. Very sweet book, although I've wondered what is going to happen to him when the cat gets older (Louis CK has a line about how having a cat or dog is a life insurance policy for eventually getting your heart broken).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 1:53 am

snufkin wrote:@motherofpearl1 - I read that book and thought that he was probably somebody who probably in a more stable upbringing might be prone to depression/anxiety. So the peripatetic childhood didn't help. Very sweet book, although I've wondered what is going to happen to him when the cat gets older (Louis CK has a line about how having a cat or dog is a life insurance policy for eventually getting your heart broken).
@snufkin

Hopefully he'll have him a few more years yet,I've known cats live into their 20s.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:02 am

Photos from Pacific Rim 2 set. Those boots are a good look.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 E989ea9e87021236e2c4eb2a367d8f86?width=1024

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Cc7eca111cb86858156aa0ce60399178?width=1024

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 196af44faa60dc9591854a37679f3ccd?width=1024
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:09 am

Am I the only one who thinks John looks a lot like Denzil Washington?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:13 am

@motherofpearl1 You're not, I've seen the comparison made a lot
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:26 am

He is so good looking in those pictures, what even.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 21 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

He's a great looking guy.

I see Adam,Daisy and John having wonderful careers. Looks,talent and charisma and they've got all three.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 21 Nov 2016, 3:31 pm

He's looking good. Very Happy
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 21 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm

Seriously, he looks hot. I'm guessing in this movie he has a romantic subplot, remember something being said a while back about a female lead being paired with him? But I'm so curious to see how Finn looks in VIII, especially if the Finntran speculation turns out to be correct. They made him look very young in TFA, but maybe we get sexy suave Finn in VIII.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 6:00 am

Urban Acolyte - Why were Finn's lightsaber scenes CUT from The Force Awakens?

This is a really good breakdown of the old script vs. the final cut of TFA and how different Finn & Sam are.

He proposes that Finn's character has changed the most and has a real good breakdown of that, interesting bits about Kylo and the Seven.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 01 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@motherofpearl1 You're not, I've seen the comparison made a lot
@BastilaBey
He really does!

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 1005_3_screenshot

From The Bone Collector, not one of his respected movies (it's an over-the-top, pretty dumb thriller), but one that I like nonetheless. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm

jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 09 Feb 2017, 5:08 pm

@jakkusun

I'm guessing the new Gypsy Danger ( I don't know if they're actually calling it GD again, but it basically looks like an upgraded one ) revealed today is going to be his Jaeger. I like the Knight-ish aesthetic.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Jaeger10

It's the middle one for those not familiar with PacRim.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sun 19 Feb 2017, 3:08 am

jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:58 am

@jakkusun

I saw that on IG, and my first thought was, "Wow, Adam isn't the only one who needs to buy some new shirts."
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Wed 08 Mar 2017, 1:34 am

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 15 Image34

It's a very cool haircut :)
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next