Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

+72
Good-olio Raeh
nickandnora
LadyHa
thescavenger
BB-Rey
Darth_marshmallow
Atenais
Kylo Men
Lily Snape
Forsythia
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
SheLitAFire
SkyStar
reylo1992
shii405
DeeBee
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
bossbaby
DarthRen
BenRey
motherofpearl1
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
snufkin
soulluos
So-Old-Juvenile Named Ewa
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
kassadin
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
ZioRen
Helix
Search Your Feelings
ladyconsular
MeadowofAshes
Libra Vibora
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Marchtwin
Gemini
CienaRee
Little_Boots
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Ren
Blackcanary
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
Force22
Darth Rowan
panki
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
AnneNeville
guardienne
76 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 9 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 1:01 pm

Whoo! Congrats to John! cheers

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 9 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Libra Vibora Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:04 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:I agree with you, 100% Boyega saves the day. Did you read the thread on Ring Composition in TFA?

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t142-ring-composition-in-the-force-awakens

Yes. God bless John, because he saved Finn from being a total disaster.

And no, unfortunately, I haven't read the Ring Composition thread. But I will check it out. It seems very interesting. Very Happy

spacebaby45678 wrote:This is from the recent reddit leaks, about Arndt's original script and it evolution to Kasdan's version

"[–]UltimateCrow[S] 1 point 21 hours ago
No mention about Thea.
Skylar morphs into Sam, which morphs into Finn. The earliest that the final incarnation of Finn appears is in March or April 2013, I believe."

I personally think this bit of information validates my point that the writers had no idea what to do with Finn and couldn't decide on which theme to stick with.

Congrats to John. cheers I'm really happy that his career is taking off. Very Happy
Libra Vibora
Libra Vibora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:53 am

Snap I'm super excited to hear this.  I dug Pacific Rim, hard, and was worried the sequel would never get made.  And a familiar face, Boyega,  starring in it only makes it better!
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 29 Jun 2016, 3:03 pm

BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 9 Empty Likelihood of Finn Surviving Episode VIII

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:00 am

Okay, this is from the Tweets thread, first pointed out by @ladyconsular, but I'm moving the convo here. This goodbye seems a bit suspect. But...

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 9 Screen12

Finn is part of the trio of the ST. He's a good friend/brother figure to Rey, a foil to Kylo Ren, and let's not forget he has character development to accomplish in his own right. So... reading too much into the strange goodbye or would his death serve a narrative purpose? If Rey is going to get darker in VIII, I could see his death being a catalyst for that, but I feel that would be incredibly disrespectful to the character.

Thoughts?

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:04 am

Nah, he won't die, he's part of the trio Smile
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:04 am

I can't see it myself, though I am cautious because you never really know anymore. I could see it happening for Rey's character development but at the same time Finn deserves character development too. I'm already disappointed it seems we won't see much of him and Rey together in 8, but if that means they reunite then he dies, I will really feel they disrespected his character. I only hope we are just reading too much into this because 9 is unknown for mostly everyone at the moment.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:06 am

I am pretty sure he is surviving.
It is not Game of Thrones.
And storywise it would be a bit weird I think.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:19 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:I am pretty sure he is surviving.
It is not Game of Thrones.
And storywise it would be a bit weird I think.
@Darth_Awakened
I hope you're right, I liked him a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 11 Jul 2016, 3:59 am

I honestly don't think Finn is dying. Every film is its own entity, and by the looks of it, this film shoot seems to have had an especially good atmosphere - I think he's just being emotional, as this is a final good-bye to this particular combination of cast and crew. The next film will be a long time ahead, with Trevorrow and a lot of different people.

And John is moving onto other films straight away, so nothing weird about that comment either; I think he's due to start filming for Kathryn Bigelow's project very soon.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:09 am

woah...I don't think they're going to kill him off...aside from the fact that it makes no sense to kill him off in the first place, just imagine the backlash...more obnoxious Twitter campaigns, people on tumblr being triggered collectively, articles being published by ***'s with accusations of racism...there WILL be backlash
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:27 am

Mana wrote:woah...I don't think they're going to kill him off...aside from the fact that it makes no sense to kill him off in the first place, just imagine the backlash...more obnoxious Twitter campaigns, people on tumblr being triggered collectively, articles being published by ***'s with accusations of racism...there WILL be backlash
@Mana

Agree, Finn will not die. Otherwise people will complain about the "token black guy" dying in a Hollywood movie once again. And I think it'll be neat if he gets his own medal from Leia at the end of Ep9 along with Poe, Rey, and Chewie (they won't ignore Chewie again if he lives) Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:37 am

I'm quite certain that Finn will survive the trilogy. I also see nothing in John's message saying that this is the last chapter he appears in.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:05 am

Search Your Feelings wrote:
Mana wrote:woah...I don't think they're going to kill him off...aside from the fact that it makes no sense to kill him off in the first place, just imagine the backlash...more obnoxious Twitter campaigns, people on tumblr being triggered collectively, articles being published by ***'s with accusations of racism...there WILL be backlash
@Mana

Agree, Finn will not die. Otherwise people will complain about the "token black guy" dying in a Hollywood movie once again. And I think it'll be neat if he gets his own medal from Leia at the end of Ep9 along with Poe, Rey, and Chewie (they won't ignore Chewie again if he lives) Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

Good point. I am bit old fashioned lady and I am not used to think like that.
And yes Chewie will not be discriminated in that one as well. He ll got his medal.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:15 am

Saracene wrote:I'm quite certain that Finn will survive the trilogy. I also see nothing in John's message saying that this is the last chapter he appears in.
@Saracene

Yes! That's the key word. He says "another" chapter done. It's one more step on the journey. He has more to take.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:24 am

Thanks, guys. I needed reassurance. Apart from the OTT humor needing to be toned down a bit, I like Finn and want to see his character arc progress.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:51 am

Finn has to live!!! While I dislike the treatment his character has got in the story so far, I think he has immense potential to do great things in the ST.... I know it is not an exact analogy, but to me he is the Katniss of the resistance.....the FO and the resistance soldiers need to be inspired by him... Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him. Plus he's a bit outside of the trio. I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:26 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him. Plus he's a bit outside of the trio. I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
@Search Your Feelings

I know he was supposed to die and that was changed, but he still strikes me as the most expendable of the trio.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:32 pm

Helix wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him. Plus he's a bit outside of the trio. I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
@Search Your Feelings

I know he was supposed to die and that was changed, but he still strikes me as the most expendable of the trio.
@Helix

I don't see Poe dying.....maybe in Episode 9 but definitely not episode 8....primarily because the force tree story arc and his mother's mysterious death haven't been explained as yet.....as of now, Hux is the most expendable followed by Phasma because we now know his backstory....they could be setting him up for getting killed.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:34 pm

Finn dying in VIII would be the equivalent of Han or Obi-Wan dying in the second movie. Not gonna happen!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:41 pm

panki wrote:
Helix wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him.  Plus he's a bit outside of the trio.  I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
@Search Your Feelings

@Helix

I don't see Poe dying.....maybe in Episode 9 but definitely not episode 8....primarily because the force tree story arc and his mother's mysterious death haven't been explained as yet.....as of now, Hux is the most expendable followed by Phasma because we now know his backstory....they could be setting him up for getting killed.
@panki

I'm thinking they could show Poe's backstory in the comics. Poe could die in either 8 or 9, most likely 9 to give the final battle some weight.  
Hux is definitely going to die, he was placed as a comparison to Kylo, showing badness that is irredeemable.  When Kylo is redeemed, someone has to die for the FO's crimes and Hux/Snoke is the one to die. I see Phasma to be the one put on trial and in jail as I haven't seen her do anything super bad yet and not sure Disney will have a woman dying even if she's on the wrong side of the war.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:12 pm

panki wrote:
Helix wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him.  Plus he's a bit outside of the trio.  I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
@Search Your Feelings

@Helix

@panki

I'm thinking they could show Poe's backstory in the comics. Poe could die in either 8 or 9, most likely 9 to give the final battle some weight.  
Hux is definitely going to die, he was placed as a comparison to Kylo, showing badness that is irredeemable.  When Kylo is redeemed, someone has to die for the FO's crimes and Hux/Snoke is the one to die. I see Phasma to be the one put on trial and in jail as I haven't seen her do anything super bad yet and not sure Disney will have a woman dying even if she's on the wrong side of the war.
@Search Your Feelings

The death of Poe's mother might definitely come in a novel or comic (I wonder if the FO killed her since she helped Leia thwart Operation Cinder) but the force tree part is a little too important... it might be essential for the new jedi order so I have a feeling it might appear in movies and Poe is needed for that... I am personally hoping he lives and takes over Leia's political mantle (I don't see Kylo wanting it after what Leia said in Bloodline)..... she is his mother's friend and seems like a mother figure to him after he found her mentioned in his mother's diaries so it would make sense.

Finn might be the character who negotiates peace between the republic and the members of the FO who want peace.... I can imagine him finding a new planet for the stormies to colonise and start a new life....maybe even becoming the leader of a planet.

Hux is definitely going to die.... no two ways about it.... Smile

I hope they have the guts to kill a female character...they have done it in Disney cartoons so now shouldn't be any different.....Phasma hasn't done anything as yet but aren't there rumors that she will turn more evil and finally Finn will cut off her hand and kill her in Episode 8?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:21 pm

panki wrote:
panki wrote:
Helix wrote:
@Search Your Feelings

@Helix

@panki

@Search Your Feelings

The death of Poe's mother might definitely come in a novel or comic (I wonder if the FO killed her since she helped Leia thwart Operation Cinder) but the force tree part is a little too important... it might be essential for the new jedi order so I have a feeling it might appear in movies and Poe is needed for that... I am personally hoping he lives and takes over Leia's political mantle (I don't see Kylo wanting it after what Leia said in Bloodline)..... she is his mother's friend and seems like a mother figure to him after he found her mentioned in his mother's diaries so it would make sense.

Finn might be the character who negotiates peace between the republic and the members of the FO who want peace.... I can imagine him finding a new planet for the stormies to colonise and start a new life....maybe even becoming the leader of a planet.

Hux is definitely going to die.... no two ways about it.... Smile

I hope they have the guts to kill a female character...they have done it in Disney cartoons so now shouldn't be any different.....Phasma hasn't done anything as yet but aren't there rumors that she will turn more evil and finally Finn will cut off her hand and kill her in Episode 8?
@panki

Agreed, if he survives, Poe will be the new blood in the Resistance. I imagine Finn's scene to be like the ending of that movie, The Island...freeing the Stormtroopers and breaking up the program and conditioning. It'll be exciting to see how far Disney will go with Phasma, Kylo, and Rey.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

About Poe's possible death, the "Hutslayer" leaker says that Finn cuts off Phasma's arm (among other things, I think) for revenge about something. Poe's death would make sense to be that something. But I think Oscar and others have suggested that Poe's sticking around for the long run, so I doubt it.

No way Finn's biting it. He's the deutoragonist who will probably deal with the First Order side of the threat while Rey deals with Snoke and Kylo and other Force such and such.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next