Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:08 pm

@OrionStars I just saw it. My mouth fell open. I don’t even know what to say.  No
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by whisperingwillow Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:12 pm

Stop talking. Please stop. You aren’t doing yourself any favors.

No one is mentally weak for not being able to withstand abuse on the Internet.

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:12 pm

So Kelly is weak for getting off social media after being harassed and bullied and threatened but he's strong, complaining every chance he gets about how unbearable it was to film TLJ without his bestie. Right.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:21 pm

@whisperingwillow She was just on GMA talking about how she chose to go to therapy to deal with it. That is so stinking brave to do in the first place, and then to share it publicly? She helped who knows how many people by opening up about how social media cruelty affected her, and that she chose to do something to help herself. In a society that still stigmatizes therapy and counseling, THAT is brave, THAT is strong, and I pray no one ever makes Kelly question that.

She rocks, period!
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:49 pm

John relishes in his confidence, it's been evident. Smh

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:54 pm

I find that both he and Daisy look a little too overconfident in themselves lately.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 11 Dec 2019, 8:57 pm

reylo1992 wrote:I find that both he and Daisy look a little too overconfident in themselves lately.
@reylo1992

Thanks to our Joker's famous line: "What Are They Gonna Do, Fire Me?"
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:04 pm

OrionStars wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:I find that both he and Daisy look a little too overconfident in themselves lately.
@reylo1992

@OrionStars

The hubris is unbelievable! They truly believe they are immune, and that the offers will pour in (or continue to). Wow What they don't understand is that directors and producers are observing this, and confirmed plans can always change.

I didn't think anything would decrease my excitement for TRoS, but it's happening! What keeps me somewhat elevated are Kelly, Adam, REG as examples, and the hope for Reylo/Bendemption. Otherwise, I would completely become GA again. Sigh and Yikes!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:12 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
OrionStars wrote:
@reylo1992

@OrionStars

The hubris is unbelievable! They truly believe they are immune, and that the offers will pour in (or continue to). Wow What they don't understand is that directors and producers are observing this, and confirmed plans can always change.

I didn't think anything would decrease my excitement for TRoS, but it's happening! What keeps me somewhat elevated are Kelly, Adam, REG as examples, and the hope for Reylo/Bendemption. Otherwise, I would completely become GA again. Sigh and Yikes!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was thinking recently about which of the actors is most likely to get pigeonholed by being in these films, and I think the Mark Hamill of this trilogy is John. Adam has already pulled a Harrison Ford and diversified— and he’s Adam Driver, for Pete’s sake. He’s just so good. And he and Oscar are older and were already established. Daisy has done Ophelia and Orient Express. John seems like he’s most likely to just be an action-movie guy, unfortunately. Maybe I’m wrong. BTW, no offense to Mark Hamill, but other than voice acting— and he’s terrific— he’s been Luke for the last 42 years, and he couldn’t escape it.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:36 pm

Nyx wrote:
Mila95 wrote:I just think shading the previous movie is a very weird marketing tactic and makes them look bad. Especially with Rian being so complimentary of everyone and being a rare SW director to do his work with no drama or getting fired halfway through.
@Mila95

It's absolutely disrespectful. They knew who Rian was and his style and I'm sure they had many meetings discussing what direction Rian was going to take the story and how he was going to do it. And now reading JJ's remarks in the NYT and how Daisy was crying with joy that JJ was back and John wanting to see where "that story was going" like TLJ wasn't part of the story and Rian was this 'big bad director' that they got rid of. I just.....
Anyway, the promotional season has been an absolute mess and I cant wait for the movie to come out so this can all end.

@Nyx

I really wish the quote was just taken out of context, because, man, this is so unprofessional and disrespectful. As @special_cases said, he was one of the executive producers of the movie. Do they really believe that they need to do that to sell TROS? Other day I saw John comment about the movie and I was really sad.

I really like to see the actors doing interviews, joking and goofing around, while promoting the movie. Have fun, be positive, show that you enjoyed the movie, that's the best way to promote it. I just wish to see the movie and be done with this trilogy.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:40 pm

OrionStars wrote:
@reylo1992

@OrionStars

The hubris is unbelievable!  They truly believe they are immune, and that the offers will pour in (or continue to).  Wow What they don't understand is that directors and producers are observing this, and confirmed plans can always change.

I didn't think anything would decrease my excitement for TRoS, but it's happening!  What keeps me somewhat elevated are Kelly, Adam, REG as examples, and the hope for Reylo/Bendemption.  Otherwise, I would completely become GA again. Sigh and Yikes!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I agree, this press tour gives away an extremely discouraging vibe, I don't know whether they want people to see TROS or not.
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 8xNVieO
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 XKhf9Vf
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:43 pm

Disgusting. This press tour has been a disaster. And certain cast members are certainly exhibiting a lot of overconfidence and hubris for people who don’t have careers to fall back on outside of Star Wars. This promo tour has soured me on most of them. Glad Adam’s not much involved now. Him, Kelly, Domhnall, REG are classy and come out of all of this looking the best, along with Rian.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:50 pm

@Lily Snape Agree with all you mentioned!!!!

Well, ..... prior to John's recent icky interview comments, I felt he had some hope to not be pigeonholed, especially if he wanted to try independent films. Now, I think such directors would be very nervous working with him because of their respect of Rian.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:54 pm

Yeah. I'm becoming slowly nervous. Everything seem to point to the direction that they're not confident at all with the movie, as if they are already anticipating the backlash they got with TLJ. At the time, I remember they were bragging about it. Or like I wrote in a previous post, they are doing everything to make it seem like the movie is s*** as hell just to make people talk about it and take their reveng for all the bad comments.  Really, I can't wrap my brain around why J.J. voluntarily said the script ended on Ebay, why he said he's not good at ending, why they release so many TV spots and suddenly nothing else, why they keep debunking all the theories like they don't want to give hope to anybody, why they leaked the soundtrack while removing a good part of it, why they sent so many contradictory messages like they ain't a teal. I don't know what to think at that point. Even on Twitter, it's been awfully quite these last days until they got people to talk about TLJ.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:57 pm

@Kylo Rey Sadly LF doesn't have the best PR track record with their actors.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 11 Dec 2019, 9:59 pm

OrionStars wrote:
OrionStars wrote:
@reylo1992

@OrionStars

The hubris is unbelievable!  They truly believe they are immune, and that the offers will pour in (or continue to).  Wow What they don't understand is that directors and producers are observing this, and confirmed plans can always change.

I didn't think anything would decrease my excitement for TRoS, but it's happening!  What keeps me somewhat elevated are Kelly, Adam, REG as examples, and the hope for Reylo/Bendemption.  Otherwise, I would completely become GA again. Sigh and Yikes!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I agree, this press tour gives away an extremely discouraging vibe, I don't know whether they want people to see TROS or not.
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 8xNVieO
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 XKhf9Vf
@OrionStars

If I didn't rearrange my work schedule, I would probably just shrug it all off, and wait until Saturday because....yeah..I do feel that "Squee! Must be there opening night!" excitement deflating. I am hoping the spoiler reviews rev up my excitement engine soon.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:00 pm

reylo1992 wrote:Yeah. I'm becoming slowly nervous. Everything seem to point to the direction that they're not confident at all with the movie, as if they are already anticipating the backlash they got with TLJ. At the time, I remember they were bragging about it. Or like I wrote in a previous post, they are doing everything to make it seem like the movie is s*** as hell just to make people talk about it and take their reveng for all the bad comments.  Really, I can't wrap my brain around why J.J. voluntarily said the script ended on Ebay, why he said he's not good at ending, why they release so many TV spots and suddenly nothing else, why they keep debunking all the theories like they don't want to give hope to anybody, why they leaked the soundtrack while removing a good part of it, why they sent so many contradictory messages like they ain't a teal. I don't know what to think at that point. Even on Twitter, it's been awfully quite these last days until they got people to talk about TLJ.
@reylo1992

Maybe they're trying to destroy people's expectations so after TROS people can't call them "subvert expectations" anymore when there's no expectation to subvert.

@SW_Heroine_Journey Yup, I will wait for the spoiler from those who have actually seen it too. Better safe than sorry
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:13 pm

This is some peak yikes. How many things can one day throw at us? Daisy might be a little unaware sometimes, but she's never said anything as callous or uncaring as this. And would John shame her for leaving too, or are there different standards at play here? Yuck. Kelly deserves everything, and she continues to endure discourse ranging from insensitivity to outright hate or just being ignored altogether. A number of the cast members have been treated awfully by the ST experience, including John himself at times. You think he's be more understanding, surely he gets what harassment and threats are, but maybe staying on social media has shifted his view of what normal is. That's not strength, that's just kind of sad.

The bit with JJ saying he's not been good with endings, or that he's scared of them, or that they're really hard, he's said on a number of occasions. It's honest at least, and he's clearly trying. I'd far prefer that than him pretending he has a track record of being great at endings, because he hasn't done many series endings to begin with! At least nearly everyone seems happy about this ending. I just wish they could uplift TROS without trashing TLJ. Saving what you love, not destroying what you hate, something like that?

The thing he said earlier today though was rough though (even if the media outlets themselves play it up as worse), which leads me back to my main takeaway from recent events, that it was the TLJ love train all year long, then right before TROS comes out, this awfulness happens. How did it go so wrong so fast? Regardless of the film's quality, nothing can unite the SW fandom, people's desires are so different, I've fully anticipated a massive backlash since very early in the ST.

If JJ and everyone involved come out afterward and talk about how their plan for the ST was about Reylo, or Kylo, or whatever was the throughline was, we're almost at a point where people genuinely might not believe them or even not notice, the trust issues and discord are so bad. Yeesh. And they had been doing well before, just this home stretch is one nightmare after another and it just needs to end.

But I binged the first season of the Resistance cartoon in two days, and now I have a new book. I've seen numerous people on Twitter suggest backing away from SW, or focusing on other things, if it's too stressful. But I didn't get five days out from the premiere to stop now! Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 11 Dec 2019, 11:36 pm

What a mess this is. Good thing I didn't buy tickets.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:07 am

and again I wish everyone involved would just shut the f**** up till the movie is out (and never talk again even after)

I usually don't care about what actors say or do in their private life if they do a good job on screen. But since JJ seems to adjust his scripts based on the "real life chemistry" of his actors (which is yikes for me personally) their unprofessional behavior does have an influence on the story and that makes me angry.

Also, you never talk badly about your former employee/superior/colleagues publicly - that's just a no go.

I try not to let my opinion about the actors sour my enjoyment of their character- but it's getting more and more difficult.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:07 am

Yeah, whatever.... Rolling Eyes

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 24 Bildsc28
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 12 Dec 2019, 1:20 am

Night Huntress wrote:and again I wish everyone involved would just shut the f**** up till the movie is out (and never talk again even after)

I usually don't care about what actors say or do in their private life if they do a good job on screen. But since JJ seems to adjust his scripts based on the "real life chemistry" of his actors (which is yikes for me personally) their unprofessional behavior does have an influence on the story and that makes me angry.

Also, you never talk badly about your former employee/superior/colleagues publicly - that's just a no go.

I try not to let my opinion about the actors sour my enjoyment of their character- but it's getting more and more difficult.
@Night Huntress

My thoughts are unless you were mistreated or maliciously disrespected (and no, this does NOT cover creative differences or thinking your character wasn't exciting enough or the story not following what would have been your personal directorial choices) then it's not a good look. Ever. And if you're doing this during the promotion for the same series under the same company, still sitting there bringing in your money and just tossing shade where you can when the camera's on and the pen is to paper, then obviously it wasn't about mistreatment.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 12 Dec 2019, 4:00 am

So John "clarified" his comment about Kelly, but NYT article doesn't need clarification? Yeah, that's what I thought. It's planned thing, to make an impression that they "agree"with TLJ haters to sell the movie. That article got too much attention not to react to it.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 12 Dec 2019, 7:40 am

special_cases wrote:So John "clarified" his comment about Kelly, but NYT article doesn't need clarification? Yeah, that's what I thought. It's planned thing, to make an impression that they "agree"with TLJ haters to sell the movie. That article got too much attention not to react to it.
@special_cases
To be fair John is active on social media and this was a personal thing I'm sure he received a lot of questions about yesterday. The NYT article included a lot of quotes (some taken out of context) in order to push a narrative, and this is something that has occurred many, many times in the past in the lead-up and post all the films. There is nobody to do "damage control" about the NYT article. JJ isn't active online, unlike Rian, who constantly fielded questions and criticism.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 12 Dec 2019, 9:54 am

OrionStars wrote:
@reylo1992

@OrionStars

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Same!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next