Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl Thu 21 Nov 2019, 11:18 am

It's nice he emphasizes the continuity from TLJ in every interview now. Though he indicates Luke was darker than he's envisioned. I've always had the suspicion that grouchy, jaded hermit Luke who gave up was in TFA and the earlier concept art, and Rian dialed it up to 11 and added the lightsaber-in-the-tent part. Yet JJ, the actual OG SW fan, accepts this much more readily than popular discourse would have one believe. And clearly respects GL more than anymore, which should be a comfort to those fearing they'll dump his vision out the window entirely.

And the bit at the end about how Rey being even more prenaturally gifted with the force than Luke not being an accident... interesting.

And he's half-forgotten about the whole mystery box thing. But like lens flares, it's probably going to follow him around for the rest of life, even if he stops.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by MaddieDove Thu 21 Nov 2019, 12:10 pm

SkyStar wrote:
*Now stand here and look as Byronic you can*
@SkyStar

You've read my mind.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 21 Nov 2019, 2:31 pm

MaddieDove wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
*Now stand here and look as Byronic you can*
@SkyStar

You've read my mind.
@MaddieDove

XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 21 Nov 2019, 8:43 pm

JJ will be on Colbert on Monday. John will be on the Tonight Show on Wednesday. Daisy is on the Tonight show on Monday too. So it begins!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 21 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm

californiagirl wrote:JJ will be on Colbert on Monday. John will be on the Tonight Show on Wednesday. Daisy is on the Tonight show on Monday too. So it begins!
@californiagirl

YES! I hope to see Adam on these shows promoting TROS as well.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 24 Nov 2019, 12:21 pm

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker – Sequel Trilogy Heroes Reunited In Exclusive Image

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w24

By necessity, Star Wars: The Last Jedi scattered our new generation of heroes across the galaxy far, far away on their own journeys and missions. Rey went to Ahch-To in search of Luke Skywalker, Finn joined Rose in a quest to find a master codebreaker, and Poe Dameron stayed with the Resistance, jostling for control. But for Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker, the gang is reunited – the central trio of new heroes, who first adventured in The Force Awakens, facing the threat of the First Order (and whatever’s going on with the Emperor) together. As seen in Empire’s upcoming biggest ever Star Wars issue, here’s a brand new image from Episode IX – showing Finn, Rey, C-3PO and Poe all ready for action.

Inside the mag, on sale from Thursday 28 November, you’ll find brand new images and insights from Episode IX, and all-new interviews with Sequel Trilogy stars Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Kelly Marie Tran, the legendary Anthony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams, franchise newcomers Naomi Ackie and Keri Russell, and writer-director J.J. Abrams and co-writer Chris Terrio. Plus, the issue also comes with a bonus Skywalker Saga magazine – the ultimate celebration of the nine-film epic, with fresh interviews, features, archival material, and more – and a Dark Rey art card, illustrated exclusively for Empire by Rory Kurtz.

Source: empireonline

"But for Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker, the gang is reunited". I ask myself when was the gang united in TFA. lol
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 24 Nov 2019, 3:13 pm

I put this "the trio united again!" silliness down to Empire itself, this isn't LF pushing it, or the actors, or the writers, or that many other publicaitons or outlets. It just sounds cool I guess?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 24 Nov 2019, 3:54 pm

californiagirl wrote:I put this "the trio united again!" silliness down to Empire itself, this isn't LF pushing it, or the actors, or the writers, or that many other publicaitons or outlets. It just sounds cool I guess?
@californiagirl

TBH, sounds cool for marketing.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 2:36 pm

S.F.X (French Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w59

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w65
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w64
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w63

Translation: A Complex Relationship

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w10
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w12
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w11

Source: NiiightAnGeeel, blackwidowsim, rollyfaitsoncine

Last edited by Atenais on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 3:01 pm

Cinema (German Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w66

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w70Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Star_w69

First page translated:

Finally; will Rey and Finn become a couple? There have always flown some sparks between these two…
John: "You think? I've always thought their relationship was more platonically. Maybe it‘s because I myself have good female friends I want nothing from. When you meet under extreme circumstances like Rey and Finn, it binds you together. They hang onto each other. But romance? I‘d say Finn has an eye on someone else; same goes for Rey. I stand with it: Those two are just good friends.”

You're not allowed to give away anything. But is there a message puts across?
Daisy: "Rey doesn’t give up Kylo Ren. She firmly believes, that he can be converted. This is a beautiful message: To see the good in people, even when they do bad things· And this this movie everyone counts. Nobody can achieve anything on their own, only together - as a team. Hopefully this feeling of solidarity will be transmitted to the audience."

Source: sleemo, EllaLisa15, riseofbensoIo, cinema_kino_dvd
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 3:16 pm

J.J. Abrams On ‘The Rise Of Skywalker’ And The Return Of Palpatine (And, Yes, Maclunkey)

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Jj-abr10

As you’ve probably heard, J.J. Abrams has returned to direct the ninth and (we are told) final installment in the Star Wars Skywalker saga, The Rise of Skywalker. What’s interesting is that Abrams — known for his secrecy about not just plot points but also for what characters are even in the movie — has let his guard down a bit this time. We already know that Emperor Palpatine returns in this installment, a reveal the Abrams of old would have held closely guarded. Actually, just the fact I sat down across from Abrams (something I’ve, at least, never experienced before) to discuss the movie feels like he’s putting himself out there a little more this time. And, yes, ahead he explains why.

So, yes, we met with Abrams on Monday morning at his hotel in Midtown Manhattan to discuss The Rise of Skywalker. He explains when the idea came about to bring Palpatine back — if this went back to his time on The Force Awakens or if this came about after the death of Snoke in The Last Jedi — and he discusses if we will get any answers on who Snoke even was before he surprisingly perished. He also talks about why C-3PO serves such a big role this time around — something we haven’t really seen since Return of the Jedi.

And, finally, we couldn’t resist bringing up Maclunkey, the weird new word all Star Wars fans have now learned after Greedo shouts that word at Han Solo in yet another version of the original Star Wars.

Keep reading:
Source: uproxx
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Mon 25 Nov 2019, 3:21 pm

Atenais wrote:Cinema (German Magazine), December Issue:
Finally; will Rey and Finn become a couple? There have always flown some sparks between these two…

lol, what? When did they see sparks fly between Rey and Finn? And how can anyone asks this question after TLJ? Rolling Eyes But I love John's answer, completely debunking any possibility for romantic Finnrey.

John: "You think? I've always thought their relationship was more platonically. [...] I‘d say Finn has an eye on someone else; same goes for Rey.
Wonder who that could be Very Happy

Daisy: [...] "This is a beautiful message: To see the good in people, even when they do bad things."
cheers
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 25 Nov 2019, 4:30 pm

Between JJ indicating Palpatine was, bare minimum, an idea they had at the beginning, plus what KK and GL said they'd always wanted to do with Palpatine, I find it very hard to believe that Trevorrow was entirely unaware that was an option, or the general idea. And again with JJ easing up on the whole mystery box thing. I find it very interesting he's being really vague about Snoke and if there's more information about him here.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 25 Nov 2019, 4:59 pm

californiagirl wrote:Between JJ indicating Palpatine was, bare minimum, an idea they had at the beginning, plus what KK and GL said they'd always wanted to do with Palpatine, I find it very hard to believe that Trevorrow was entirely unaware that was an option, or the general idea. And again with JJ easing up on the whole mystery box thing. I find it very interesting he's being really vague about Snoke and if there's more information about him here.
@californiagirl

I thought it was interesting how JJ said that Rian's script "didn't get in the way" of what he and Kasdan talked about when making TFA. That doesn't sound at all like Palpatine's return was something that Rian had in mind when writing TLJ, so when Trevorrow picked up the baton I'd say there was really no reason for him to think that Palpatine's return was some sort of general direction, either.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 25 Nov 2019, 5:13 pm

Saracene wrote:
californiagirl wrote:Between JJ indicating Palpatine was, bare minimum, an idea they had at the beginning, plus what KK and GL said they'd always wanted to do with Palpatine, I find it very hard to believe that Trevorrow was entirely unaware that was an option, or the general idea. And again with JJ easing up on the whole mystery box thing. I find it very interesting he's being really vague about Snoke and if there's more information about him here.
@californiagirl

I thought it was interesting how JJ said that Rian's script "didn't get in the way" of what he and Kasdan talked about when making TFA. That doesn't sound at all like Palpatine's return was something that Rian had in mind when writing TLJ, so when Trevorrow picked up the baton I'd say there was really no reason for him to think that Palpatine's return was some sort of general direction, either.
@Saracene

I really suspect that both Rian and Colin had Hux in mind for the big bad of IX (technology vs. magic essentially); I had the same thing in mind, lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 25 Nov 2019, 5:41 pm

nickandnora wrote:
Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl

@Saracene

I really suspect that both Rian and Colin had Hux in mind for the big bad of IX (technology vs. magic essentially); I had the same thing in mind, lol.
@nickandnora

I think that, for all that killing Snoke was a bold ballsy move, it left them in a pickle for the next episode, with no force-sensitive Big Bad around. I still think that they could have solved it - I honestly didn't mind that original leak about Rey and Kylo fighting the possessed Matt Smith. It still had the Emperor returning, but the story could still have been primarily about the conspiracy to bring the Emperor back, which IMO is a lot more interesting.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:20 pm

nickandnora wrote:
Saracene wrote:
@californiagirl

@Saracene

@nickandnora

I thought that too, but I always believed Hux would make a weak big bad, since he wasn't a force sensitive.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm

I still don't fully understand what went down with the whole Matt Smith thing. I'd be down if he really is possessed because Palpatine wants to be reembodied. And they're being way more secretive about Hux/Pryde than before. It makes me wonder why.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:10 pm

Daisy on Fallon (Mon)
JJ on Colbert (Mon)
JJ on Good Morning America (Mon)
Daisy on GMA (Mon)
Daisy on Kelly & Ryan (Tues)
Oscar on Seth Meyers (Tues)
John on GMA (Tues)
John on Fallon (Wed)
John on Kelly & Ryan (Wed)
Oscar on Ellen (Fri. Dec 6th)
Daisy & John on Graham Norton Show (Fri. Dec 20th)

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding dates)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:37 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:Daisy on Fallon (Mon)
JJ on Colbert (Mon)
JJ on Good Morning America (Mon)
Daisy on GMA (Mon)
Daisy on Kelly & Ryan (Tues)
Oscar on Seth Meyers (Tues)
John on GMA (Tues)
John on Fallon (Wed)
John on Kelly & Ryan (Wed)
Oscar on Ellen (Fri. Dec 6th)
Daisy & John on Graham Norton Show (Fri. Dec 20th)
@SheLitAFire

Where's Adam in all of this? Sigh... Neutral Really hope they still all do the Jimmy Kimmel interview with all the cast. Pls let it happen!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 25 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:06 am

Kylo won't keep on his shirt and is kind of a flirt! This is iconic. It's nice to see everyone having so much fun on this press run.

Also, there was a quote I think from the Empire articles where JJ said he hopes people argue about his movie. This is such a long way from the early days of "it's satisfying!" That turned into "well, we know we can't please everyone" and now we have the final incarnation, basically JJ going "Come at me, bro!" I dig that attitude.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 7:32 am

Star Wars: JJ Abrams Says Rian Johnson’s Last Jedi Choices Were ‘Weirdly Beneficial’ For The Rise Of Skywalker

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 13 Jj_abr10

After picking up the reins from J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, Rian Johnson made some bold choices for Episode VIII – The Last Jedi. He sliced Supreme Leader Snoke in two, had Rey discover (for now) that her parents were mere “filthy junk traders”, and had Luke Skywalker become one with the Force by the closing credits – moves that proved thrilling, fascinating and earned to some viewers, and not so popular with others. In taking over again for Episode IX – The Rise Of Skywalker, Abrams found Johnson’s surprising decisions to be a positive force in shaping the end of the Sequel Trilogy

“Even some of the things that happened in Episode VIII that at the time I thought, ‘Oh, that’s an interesting choice I would not have made,’ weirdly ended up being beneficial for this film,” he tells Empire in the upcoming Star Wars issue. “I feel like we’re doing the best we can to sort of excavate what is inevitable. Some of the things I like the most wouldn’t have happened if I had to make all those decisions back when we were doing VII. Certain things that happened in Rian’s film, and certainly all the films that preceded VII, were all inspiration for the cocktail that became Rise Of Skywalker.”

Source: empireonline
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:28 am

@Atenais I think you guys are right - Rian and Colin probably did have Hux in mind as the big bad of IX in mind .That glare that Hux gives Kylo at the end of TLJ alone points to this. But I agree he would've made an weak villain due to how comedic he was portrayed in TLJ. Every character he interacts with makes him look incompetent so I don't think most ppl would buy it if he suddenly became a criminal mastermind able to usurp Kylo on his own. This is why Pryde was created I'm guessing.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:30 am

@californiagirl

I always thought from the beginning that Palpatine/Darth Sidious, Darth Plagueis and Snoke were all related in one way or another. It's just unclear how but I definitely agree with J.J. that it would have been weird not to bring him back or find a way to say that the real Big Bad was behind Palpatine and Snoke and closely related to them. I remember that the first questions that came into my mind when that third trilogy came into picture were : why making 3 more movies centered around the Skywalker family if Anakin already brought Balance to the Force and the Sith got definitely defeated? How are they going to make a compelling story arc while not endangering the fundations of the saga?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next