Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+66
krissy01
bruna8728
OrionStars
Gemini
reynpain
KiraRen2015
PalmettoBlue
Irina de France
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
LadyGaufrette
Casper
Lovely_Rose
Krafty
Forsythia
fuhry
SkyStar
special_cases
nickandnora
twilekempire
Saracene
KnightsofReylo_2015
MaddieDove
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SW_Heroine_Journey
Dar-ren19
Birdwoman
12 Parsnips
snufkin
Starliteprism
thescavenger
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
Acritiqua
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Riri
Geralt_Riv
unicorn
SanghaRen
Mielikki
nemapasara
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
Lily Snape
nana7marie
tukicarreno
rey09
DarthRen
Moonlight13
Atenais
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
motherofpearl1
DeeBee
rawpowah
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
70 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by special_cases Sun 27 Oct 2019, 2:45 pm

That D&D interview... is something else. I feel insulted just reading this. So disgusting. Perfect example how easily bold mediocre people are getting what they want but modest talented crowd getting to the top is an exception, not a rule
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

nickandnora wrote:
rey09 wrote:So a reylo twitter account had posted she and others went to some party no idea what or where but the kicker is they met Rian Johnson in the flesh, had a pic to prove too. For some reason the account is now suspended. But anyway that was something cool. And then i saw this on tumblr:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 35a43e2050a942e7df0c7060c10f920e2d8b882a

no idea who said this, no context or anything really but now some speculate the other person might have been rian lol. who knows but fun to speculate.
@rey09

I just want to say that this is a really nice anecdote, and even though it likely does not prove OR disprove Reylo happening or not happening, what it DOES tell us is that *someone* feels happy and comfortable enough around Reylo fans who have done a lot of smart interpreting of the story to want to see the last film in one of the most important series of all time while sitting in a room with them. That should feel really, really great for everyone here.
@nickandnora

Rian has def supported reylo on the down low so def personally think it bodes very well. Even if he doesn't know, he'll be just as disappointed as us if it's not the way we had hoped, lol prob more so since he propelled the story in that direction.

I was thinking about the vanity fair article before TLJ where the author made it seem like rian was def not doing romance and we all freaked out yet none of that was true, and now Rian is a big sort of secret reylo, makes me so damn happy.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
californiagirl wrote:https://twitter.com/ForArya/status/1188186578071556102

I know this should go on the GOT thread, but I wanted to put it here where more people might see it. Should they still be making SW, it seems relevant. A thread about a talk D&D gave about the show, it's blowing up all over today. Lord, are they incompetent, had no experience, little plan, didn't try to understand the source material that much, took credit for other people's work, and have little to no shame about it. Highlights include:

Admits their first pilot attempt was a bunch of terrible mistakes and they don't know why they were allowed forward, or why they were trusted with GRRM's life work.
Also admits it was expensive film school for them.
Only through the actors and being mandated to make longer episodes did they really start to understand the characters.
Chose to write all the episodes themselves because they didn't know any better, and had no writer's room, would only hire writers if they would also be on the production team.
Actively took out some of the fantasy elements so it wouldn't appeal to "that type of fan."
Say they went too far with the violence in some places.
Did not listen to fan feedback, one of them doesn't see the value of other people's opinions. Odd, because I'd heard they did keep up with fan theories and actively wanted to subvert them so they could seem smarter or less predictable. Who knows.
Did not try to understand the major elements of the books, went more scene by scene. They originally didn't even do outlining.
A ten year drunk party?
Said it was basically a con job to HBO, didn't pitch or summarize the whole story to them, just the pilot and vague overview, were betting on execs not reading the whole series.

Just when you thought it couldn't get more eek, it does. Some people may not trust JJ, but he's sure not this, or Trevorrow, which is what we might have been going to, or might still, get for SW.
@californiagirl

So gross...ugh...

I know there is nervousness about Feige, so it's irony if Feige gets them removed from SW.

There are valid criticisms of Feige, but he is far more competent than these clowns. Moreover, the buzz about his involvement is more excited than D&D. So, regardless if they remove themselves due to their ego, or its DLF wanting Feige's project first (versus theirs, which then leads to their project dissolving), I'm now hoping this happens! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was (am) a Game of Thrones fan, but the ending did sort of confuse me (aside from Daenerys' story which I actually DO feel worked in summation) because I saw a LOT of things seeded throughout that didn't come to fruition, and I know I wasn't delusional or reading into things incorrectly. I can now sort of see that a lot of the depth in the scripts can be attributed to Cogman, George himself (who wrote some of the episodes himself), seeding that was probably present in his books and in the outline he gave them (and I'm pretty confident there were threads he told them that were set-up and then subsequently dropped for time). I still think they had a huge, nearly impossible undertaking on their hands, and I further think some of this lackadaisical attitude after the fact is self-preservation tactic. We'll see what becomes of them and Star Wars, but I'm not too worried because after the main saga is over I'm largely going to stop paying attention (that's just how I roll).

J.J. is not like this though. I wouldn't worry on that front.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 27 Oct 2019, 5:03 pm

nickandnora wrote:

I know this should go on the GOT thread, but I wanted to put it here where more people might see it. Should they still be making SW, it seems relevant. A thread about a talk D&D gave about the show, it's blowing up all over today. Lord, are they incompetent, had no experience, little plan, didn't try to understand the source material that much, took credit for other people's work, and have little to no shame about it. Highlights include:

Admits their first pilot attempt was a bunch of terrible mistakes and they don't know why they were allowed forward, or why they were trusted with GRRM's life work.
Only through the actors and being mandated to make longer episodes did they really start to understand the characters.
Chose to write all the episodes themselves because they didn't know any better, and had no writer's room, would only hire writers if they would also be on the production team.
Actively took out some of the fantasy elements so it wouldn't appeal to "that type of fan."
Did not listen to fan feedback, one of them doesn't see the value of other people's opinions. Odd, because I'd heard they did keep up with fan theories and actively wanted to subvert them so they could seem smarter or less predictable. Who knows.
Did not try to understand the major elements of the books, went more scene by scene. They originally didn't even do outlining.
A ten year drunk party?
Said it was basically a con job to HBO, didn't pitch or summarize the whole story to them, just the pilot and vague overview, were betting on execs not reading the whole series.

Just when you thought it couldn't get more eek, it does. Some people may not trust JJ, but he's sure not this, or Trevorrow, which is what we might have been going to, or might still, get for SW.
@californiagirl

So gross...ugh...

I know there is nervousness about Feige, so it's irony if Feige gets them removed from SW.

There are valid criticisms of Feige, but he is far more competent than these clowns. Moreover, the buzz about his involvement is more excited than D&D. So, regardless if they remove themselves due to their ego, or its DLF wanting Feige's project first (versus theirs, which then leads to their project dissolving), I'm now hoping this happens! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I was (am) a Game of Thrones fan, but the ending did sort of confuse me (aside from Daenerys' story which I actually DO feel worked in summation) because I saw a LOT of things seeded throughout that didn't come to fruition, and I know I wasn't delusional or reading into things incorrectly. I can now sort of see that a lot of the depth in the scripts can be attributed to Cogman, George himself (who wrote some of the episodes himself), seeding that was probably present in his books and in the outline he gave them (and I'm pretty confident there were threads he told them that were set-up and then subsequently dropped for time). I still think they had a huge, nearly impossible undertaking on their hands, and I further think some of this lackadaisical attitude after the fact is self-preservation tactic. We'll see what becomes of them and Star Wars, but I'm not too worried because after the main saga is over I'm largely going to stop paying attention (that's just how I roll).

@nickandnora

Before TLJ, awareness of Reylo, I respected SW - appreciated its place in film history and pop culture. I was very GA. Now, we know how I am now..lol Hmmm...if the ST concludes with Reylo and Bendemption HEA, I see myself always intrigued about SW - just maybe not this involved. (Who knows, I may be wrong). If it's not HEA, then....I will probably become ignorant GA again.

Anyone know what will happen to this forum, at the conclusion of the ST? Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 27 Oct 2019, 6:11 pm

nickandnora wrote:

A ten year drunk party?

@californiagirl

So gross...ugh...

@SW_Heroine_Journey

@nickandnora

The issue is D&D never learned how to write a movie or a serie.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 EFMQhvXWsAACtG9
Someone did several videos on youtube analysing their scripts of GOT since season 5 when some people found that the serie was becoming strange. (The objective was to prevent them to work on any GOT prequels, so yeah! cheers, and then it was announced that they will work on SW Mad.)
The result is that you find in the final episode script the same mistakes than in the pilot episode script. In more than a decade they NEVER learned how to do it properly. Here is a summary of it.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 EHXEFK8WoAU6ugD

They showed the pilot episode to some of their friends for feedback, and what they got was a giant "MASSIVE PROBLEM".
What did they do? They told the CEO HBO had already given so much money for the pilot that he was forced to continue the project if he didn't want to lose face.
They also lied to GRRM and said they knew how to manage a TV serie (they didn't).
Benioff is also proud of his impulsivity and would regularly makes last minute change in the stories and demand impossible task (ex: having trained horses for battle scenes in 7 days when it would take triple the time).

If I had to describe D&D way of filming, I would say this,
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 EH17bo1WsAAKObF
Oh, and "Themes are for eighth-grade book reports".

Each day I wish to learned that they had been fired like Trevorrow or Lord and Miller. My only hope is KK because I know she would have them on a leash and they won't have the power they had on GOT.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:02 pm

I was reading somewhere on twitter how one of their dad's was a goldman sachs exec and knew the head of HBO or something. Some people were speculating might be a route of how they got it.

Learning about the characters thru the actors is damn right lazy. I wonder what the cast think of it, it was their life and they no doubt feel indebted for GOT, I'd be interested in knowing their thoughts, esp Lena Headey she's quite opinionated. I suspect in a few years Emilia will be more forthcoming, though she's too nice.

But yea worrisome for SW, I've been assuming they will be doing KOTOR, which HAS to be done flawlessly. It has potential to be the greatest show ever!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 27 Oct 2019, 7:50 pm

rey09 wrote:I was reading somewhere on twitter how one of their dad's was a goldman sachs exec and knew the head of HBO or something. Some people were speculating might be a route of how they got it.

Learning about the characters thru the actors is damn right lazy. I wonder what the cast think of it, it was their life and they no doubt feel indebted for GOT, I'd be interested in knowing their thoughts, esp Lena Headey she's quite opinionated. I suspect in a few years Emilia will be more forthcoming, though she's too nice.

But yea worrisome for SW, I've been assuming they will be doing KOTOR, which HAS to be done flawlessly. It has potential to be the greatest show ever!!
@rey09

Yes, David's dad (former head of Goldman Sachs and once ran the Federal Reserve Bank of New York) is at the very least professional acquaintances with Richard Plepler who was the head of HBO at the time GOT was in production. They're on the CFR (Council of Foreign Relations) together.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 EH59aMOXYAI98gM

I want to see KOTOR , but not with them.
I don't want them to ever touch a female character!
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 27 Oct 2019, 11:00 pm

I hope D & D never get their paws on a Star Wars movie/trilogy.... honestly, but at this point they now have more on the job experience than RJ did going into writing TLJ...

I know a lot here are RJ fans but there are some similarities to D & D to be pointed out here.. mainly his limited experience with a big franchise movie... Outside of Reylo, the TLJ script has issues which include but are not limited to bad humor, repetitive dialogue, problematic inconsistent characterizations, in addition, direction and editing are questionable especially the Canto Bight, Space Chase, broom boy ending....

White male privilege is a hell of a drug... whether it's D & D or RJ... both choices are questionable for star wars and both choices where made by KK... a woman...

Yeah I said it.. come at me sis.....

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:22 am

A film editor just tweeted this and he's pro-Reylo too.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 0WUVIez
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 SMjxZrw

I'm afraid that our situation won't get any better. The best thing we can do now is trying to prevent ourselves from becoming an echo chamber like the forum that must not be named and bravely face the truth.

[post moved] It's better to talk about tweets here
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:29 am

@OrionStars

This guy is not pro romantic reylo, in fact he tweeted something along the lines of “Disney would never admit to sexual tension between Rey and Kylo” and “There was no attraction between Rey and Kylo in TLJ apart from the scene where Rey stood up after killing Kylo”, even though both were confirmed in TLJ by the director and Mark Hamill lol.

He’s just a random editor on twitter, doesn’t have a massive following, he could be talking about the existing plot leak since they all have no other information after “Kylo gets yeeted down a cliff”

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:42 am

@OrionStars I'm guessing this film editor is reacting to the leaks?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:46 am

@Saracene  
@Riri

He's defending Reylo and Reylo shippers on twitter so I guess the dude is just "a little bit confused but he's got the spirit"

I saw people talked about him on the other website, they said he was replying to someone's tweet. But it seems like the person he was talking to has deleted her/his tweet so I don't know the topic they were talking but perhaps they were talking about Kylo's arc in leaks.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 28 Oct 2019, 2:55 am

I'm not sure why this got posted in this thread when this film editor guy has absolutely nothing to do with the movie?

[edit] The post has been moved here, it's more appropriate.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

Lol at his nickname - checks out. Seriously - what does his opinion change anyway?
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 28 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

I'm so confused lol
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 28 Oct 2019, 4:27 am

He seems connected to two other leakers in the industry but they are so so. Hit or miss. Wonder if he leaked anything else ever. Also looks like he interact with JW a lot which is always a bad sign. He posted about trailer (Exogol) and was wrong. Could be Ward's source or just believe in Ward too much?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:24 am

OrionStars wrote:A film editor just tweeted this and he's pro-Reylo too.

I'm afraid that our situation won't get any better. The best thing we can do now is trying to prevent ourselves from becoming an echo chamber like the forum that must not be named and bravely face the truth.

@OrionStars

I don't understand this person. scratch Ok it's a pro Reylo but for him there is no romance. these are O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S because the director and the same mark confirmed the SEXUAL tension between Rey and Kylo, also in the seventh episode in the interviews even the actors of Poe, Finn and Rey talked about Romance, the Poe actor said a sub-romance but still romance remains.
JJ said there's romance, so what are we talking about? Question
Some Reylo see this couple as a romantic couple, while others see it differently. Ok it's perfect.!! Thumbs up
but don't tell me that it is not canon, No Qst which is impossible because the proofs are there and also declared by Adam driver himself.
Reylo is more than a romantic couple, there's not just love, Reylo goes beyond of that.

lookout for words like : wasted Ruined potential Lazy Now I dont feel this way but I assure you a lot of people will wrote:

this person says he is Reylo but if he read the leaks Kylo's situation is not beautiful (if these leaks are taken as true)
from what I understand to him , he's okay that kylo dies like a sack of s**t without being seen anymore? Hein
romance aside, are we sure he's a Reylo? Nope because I know Reylo people who don't see them as a "couple", but who have been traumatized by leaks. this is my opinion

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:44 am

Did anyone see the other tweet he posted before this.. Wow! I don't know...

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 37 5cce60b8f60f282dc11ff46bf2f2b6324004d5ef

@special_cases

Yes I believe he has some connection to someone over in LA maybe JW... I too have wondered if he is JW's source...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 28 Oct 2019, 5:54 am

Oh well guys, if he's a FILM editor like his handle says, we should probably listen to him. (/s)

He's just another dude doing what some dudes do. Move on.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:31 am

OrionStars wrote:A film editor just tweeted this and he's pro-Reylo too.

@OrionStars

Can I just say... it's the dudebros/fanboys who think Kylo has been ruined and wasted as a bad guy, he is too soft and whiney for them... not evil enough muwawah Evil ! If you look at it this way.. Kylo must be on redemption road for most of TROS
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:34 am

special_cases wrote:He seems connected to two other leakers in the industry but they are so so. Hit or miss. Wonder if he leaked anything else ever. Also looks like he interact with JW a lot which is always a bad sign. He posted about trailer (Exogol) and was wrong. Could be Ward's source or just believe in Ward too much?
@special_cases

I see, his tweets already caused chaos on reddit too. At least he seems pro Reylo, if he's an anti Reylo, the situation could be much worse. At this point, to be honest, I don't expect another leaker pops up to "save the day", since ViewerAnon already agreed with JP/JW's leaks, and ViewerAnon is the most credible leaker out there.

@spacebaby45678 he's not dudebro, he said he ships Reylo.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:37 am

I can’t with this guy. ImAFilmEditor. Yeah, ok. Now he’s polling people about what Reylo is. It’s a romantic SHIP, people! Yes, it’s appealing because it’s more than that with the bond and their potential to balance the Force, but “Reylo” also implies them ending up as a couple. He says the only sexual tension in The Last Jedi comes from Rey after Kylo kills Snoke, lol. That’s one of the least sexy moments between them because she immediately leaps to save her friends. “The closest thing we’ll ever get to a sex scene in Star Wars” hand scene and the elevator tension goes over his head, I guess. Dude’s trying to be a low key anti.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:42 am

Or maybe it's because Reylos are passionate and love to talk about SW, dear Vahn. Rolling Eyes

So he supports us, but he kindly said that Reylos are a bunch of hysterical fangirls. Ok.
Besides the fact that I don't think there something wrong in being interested in the romantic/sexual side of a story, anyway he should remember that many of the deepest and most interesting theories about SW came from Reylos. Just saying Nope
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:48 am

OrionStars wrote:
special_cases wrote:He seems connected to two other leakers in the industry but they are so so. Hit or miss. Wonder if he leaked anything else ever. Also looks like he interact with JW a lot which is always a bad sign. He posted about trailer (Exogol) and was wrong. Could be Ward's source or just believe in Ward too much?
@special_cases

I see, his tweets already caused chaos on reddit too. At least he seems pro Reylo, if he's an anti Reylo, the situation could be much worse. At this point, to be honest, I don't expect another leaker pops up to "save the day", since ViewerAnon already agreed with JP/JW's leaks, and ViewerAnon is the most credible leaker out there.

@spacebaby45678 he's not dudebro, he said he ships Reylo.
@OrionStars

I know Vahn is not a dudebro.... I am saying maybe what he is saying is that DUDEBROs who really wanted Vader 2.0 won't like "romantic" on the road to redemption Kylo.. dudebros already claim that Kylo has been wasted and his potential as a villian thrown by the wayside for Reylo.

On the other hand many Reylo's are laser focused on the romance of it all and not giving enough head to Rey's story/place in the saga outside of Bendemption..

This is a whole STORY and part of a 9 part saga.. there are tons of angles here...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:11 am

@cherrylipstick
I've experienced this before, a guy in my office saw the Reylo sticker on my laptop and he realized that I was a Reylo shipper, so he asked me why do women ship fictional characters. It seems like men don't understand why people "ship" fictional characters and they think it's ...bizarre.

@spacebaby45678
I hope so. I don't know what topic they were talking about so I'm not sure whether they tweeted about Kylo's arc in the leaks or the failed villain!Kylo in fanboys' eyes. People on Reddit assumed that he was talking about Kylo in the leaks

Last edited by OrionStars on Mon 28 Oct 2019, 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next