Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+66
krissy01
bruna8728
OrionStars
Gemini
reynpain
KiraRen2015
PalmettoBlue
Irina de France
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
LadyGaufrette
Casper
Lovely_Rose
Krafty
Forsythia
fuhry
SkyStar
special_cases
nickandnora
twilekempire
Saracene
KnightsofReylo_2015
MaddieDove
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SW_Heroine_Journey
Dar-ren19
Birdwoman
12 Parsnips
snufkin
Starliteprism
thescavenger
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Night Huntress
Acritiqua
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Riri
Geralt_Riv
unicorn
SanghaRen
Mielikki
nemapasara
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
Lily Snape
nana7marie
tukicarreno
rey09
DarthRen
Moonlight13
Atenais
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
Oscarborough-fairo
motherofpearl1
DeeBee
rawpowah
AhsokaTano
Reylo Lemon
70 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by special_cases Thu 29 Aug 2019, 2:44 pm

Well, that's official, we can sleep well. After all interviews it's obvious that they aren't hiding that his redemption is one of the core themes of the movie and won't be last 5 minutes deal. He isn't going to die. The question which stays is how far they will go with Reylo.

I'm sure there will be #gates but overall it looks like 99 % chance that everything will be good for Ben.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Thu 29 Aug 2019, 2:57 pm

Reminder:

Discussion is allowed but please be mindful of what you are saying and how you address other members on this site. if you have issue with another poster or can't take issue with a member's point of view without saying it in a respectful way then take it to the PMs or simply ignore.

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 29 Aug 2019, 2:57 pm

good interviews

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 29 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

Teo oswald wrote:ohoho

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 41ebfc5bc69630503367d4566776887391a3089e

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 D1feb0110e86fd89ce0390ee68eb7ba19367152d

If this is for real, Poe really is one of them dangerous flyboys  Cool
@Teo oswald

So have we heard any "Poe is Rey's dad" rumors yet?
lol! lol! lol!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 29 Aug 2019, 3:11 pm

What kind of gives me pause personally is how Adam Driver has always been consistent on how Kylo is convinced he's doing the right thing - and honestly, as TV Tropes would say, until TROS comes out, that is probably one of the biggest YMMVs of the trilogy and something TPTB wanted to keep ambiguous on purpose. For sure, it could just be a power trip (which I personally think is unoriginal and too similar to Anakin but who knows), although it personally never really made sense to me he'd go from "my uncle tried to kill me in my sleep" to "I'll join an Imperial remnant army and go against my mom even if the film makes it clear I don't have that big of a grudge against her especially compared to Luke". He seems like the type of guy who'd do s*** more for personal reasons than idelogical ones, unlike Leia or especially Anakin, and LIKE Han - hence why I tend to think there's a missing puzzle piece (I suspect said missing puzzle piece might have to do Palps, but who knows). I could be proven wrong, though, but that's the big thing that gives me pause.

The way I see the Big Throne Room Fight in TLJ is that Rey was morally right, but following her plan would have been Mission Impossible - because no offense, but her plan was to get away with Ben on the MF and... try to save the Resistance by going against the FO fleet, which would be basically the equivalent of a chihuahua going against a freight train? Not to mention that Ben can't really ask to stop the shooting because he's already in hot water due to killing Snoke. His mistake is that while he was somewhat more pragmatic about the whole situation than Rey, he was definitely ruthless about it and should have taken her feelings into account (although Rey going for the lightsaber is exactly similar to how Luke reacted to Ben six years ago). Unlike Rey, he doesn't see the point of an actual support network that goes beyond your grandpa's melted mask or your Skype girlfriend, which again makes sense considering how everyone he's ever known screwed him over at some point, and his mistake was to self-project on Rey.

I don't really see him as power-hungry (at worst, he's scared and insecure and probably believes that being King of the Mountain will keep him safe(r) from "whatever"), nor entitled (at least he busts his *ss to get what he wants, unlike Someone Whose Name Starts With a P who thinks they earned a right to mansplain because his parents were besties with General Organa), but he is very mistrusting and that leads him to being callous with other people (that being Rey). I agree Rey didn't really make matters any easier on her side, which I think is intentional on Rian's part since he obviously wants us to root for Ben (because in that kind of situation, if handled wrong, the audience can easily go "Oh, Kylo is such a big meanie, why didn't he just follow Sweet Little Rey"). But just like Rey has to learn that not everything is black and white and that reacting on an impulse doesn't always work, Ben needs to get rid of the behavior he has picked up due to the toxic atmosphere he's been plunged in for years - because, despite all the love and the kindness in the world, you just can't live in peace without fearing constantly of being screwed over and projecting your insecurities on everyone else.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 29 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm

@Irina de France I think you make an excellent point about Ben and his motivations. He does seem to act from a personal standpoint (like his father) much of time. Hence, him having "too much of his father's heart."
But I'm also reminded of what Qira said to Han in Solo: "You're one of the good guys."

Yeah.

Ben has too much of his father's heart. And his father was one of the good guys.

I will die on that hill, purple magic laser sword in hand.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 29 Aug 2019, 8:10 pm

Nice, daisy's words screams exactly what many of us were thinking - he was always going to have to do something major to truly show he became good again. I'm sooo ready for his zuko moment!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 30 Aug 2019, 3:30 pm

The Rise of Skywalker will be “less controversial” than Game of Thrones season 8

https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1167108217543041024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1167108217543041024&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2F2019%2F08%2F29%2Fdaisy-ridley-compares-the-rise-of-skywalkers-ending-to-game-of-thrones%2F

Speaking with MTV News at D23, Ridley said she knows the commotion that scene caused. She was also asked whether she thinks The Rise of Skywalker will prove as controversial as the end of Game of Thrones. If you forgot, that show ended with Daenerys Targaryen flipping out and slaughtering the women and children of King’s Landing. It’s a high bar for shock.Now, Ridley’s only seen through season 5 of Thrones, but she does say she know what happens — it’s been hard to avoid talk about it these last few months.
I think [the ending of The Rise of Skywalker] will be less controversial. wrote:
And how did Ridley feel donning those black robes and wielding the red lightsaber?
“It honestly felt really cool…There were obviously conversations about how it looked, like genuinely cool, and that like, oh, people will wanna be like, you know, that version of Rey.”

She also commented on whether Kylo Ren was beyond redemption at this point. “Is an apology ever enough?” she asked. “Will actions speak louder than words? Where will we end up?” It sounds like Ridley is either being intentionally misleading, or she’s dropping a sincere clue as to Rey and Kylo’s arc in The Rise of Skywalker.

it is curious how controversial it has become synonymous of  s**t  Laughing

source: winteriscoming.net
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 30 Aug 2019, 5:06 pm

Some people do take watching teasers and videos seriously. Indeed the cape is not in the reflection. Is someone right now working really hard to fix this?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2478964/fans-spot-a-kylo-ren-error-in-the-rise-of-skywalkers-trailer
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Aug 2019, 7:46 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 30 Aug 2019, 8:23 pm

@Moonlight13

Baby Ben!! (Oh, yeah...cutie baby is getting a redemption arc, and will kiss the powerful warrior goddess Rey when he grows up) I love you cheers
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 30 Aug 2019, 10:50 pm

This was floating around Twitter. Someone who knows literally nothing about SW, more of a Marvel and HP person, watching ANH for the first time. It's mostly caps lock and with typos, and is also the purest SW content I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/vibeswithcisco/status/1167603920643903489

This whole fiesta started from a Reylo thread earlier today, she saw clips and other posts and immediately picked up enemies to lovers, and was inspired to watch the entirety of SW to get there.

Her dad has the blu-rays for all the saga films. She claims she's going to do the whole series, a Twitter poll insisted on it. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 30 Aug 2019, 11:03 pm

californiagirl wrote:This was floating around Twitter. Someone who knows literally nothing about SW, more of a Marvel and HP person, watching ANH for the first time. It's mostly caps lock and with typos, and is also the purest SW content I've seen in a while.

This whole fiesta started from a Reylo thread earlier today, she saw clips and other posts and immediately picked up enemies to lovers, and was inspired to watch the entirety of SW to get there.

Her dad has the blu-rays for all the saga films. She claims she's going to do the whole series, a Twitter poll insisted on it. Smile
@californiagirl

This is so adorable! I love it!!!!!

Do you know which Reylo thread started it all? The one mar picked up on? Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 31 Aug 2019, 6:42 am

Ohtze's Twitter thread on D23 Trailer and Dark Rey is really worth reading

https://twitter.com/Ohtze_O/status/1167219840303562754
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sat 31 Aug 2019, 6:47 am

californiagirl wrote:This was floating around Twitter. Someone who knows literally nothing about SW, more of a Marvel and HP person, watching ANH for the first time. It's mostly caps lock and with typos, and is also the purest SW content I've seen in a while.

@californiagirl

Her content is GOLD! Thank you for posting. I love you
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 31 Aug 2019, 8:44 am

12 Parsnips wrote:

@californiagirl

Her content is GOLD! Thank you for posting. I love you
@12 Parsnips

I love it!!! I was up late last night, early this morning (refresh, refresh), as she was watching. You could feel the anticipation when she was approaching the ESB "your father" scene. haha Smile Very Happy

To be continued today, I hope! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sat 31 Aug 2019, 8:59 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

There's something so delightful about reliving "the first time" you saw SW! sunny
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 31 Aug 2019, 10:20 am

12 Parsnips wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

There's something so delightful about reliving "the first time" you saw SW! sunny
@12 Parsnips

There is!

She broke twitter! I love you

I swear though, if Twitter is eyeing her and all of us suspiciously, when there is ugly crap on there...grr....
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 31 Aug 2019, 11:12 am

@12 Parsnips

I don’t even remember the first time I saw SW. It feels like the OT was always there.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Sat 31 Aug 2019, 12:07 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

@12 Parsnips

I don’t even remember the first time I saw SW. It feels like the OT was always there.
@SanghaRen

I don't remember my own reactions or thoughts from so long ago (plus I was a kid, so who knows how my mind was working  Razz  )... It's refreshing to see her shock at the family reveals and her suspicions about what the romance will be. Helps me see it all with new eyes. Smile
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 31 Aug 2019, 1:35 pm

@Moonlight13
@SW_Heroine_Journey
cute really cute  Razz

warning this is spoiler Smile
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 0c7d52f8ab9e7fb4c004bf6a1ee2f5f30f0112ad
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 31 Aug 2019, 3:00 pm

Teo oswald wrote:@Moonlight13
@SW_Heroine_Journey
cute really cute  Razz

warning this is spoiler Smile
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 0c7d52f8ab9e7fb4c004bf6a1ee2f5f30f0112ad
@Teo oswald

Perfect! I am a diva though, I am not certain about Tatooine. Rey truly has a beautiful heart (and Ben is nothing like his grandpa, hating sand), if they settle there. haha Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 31 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

Starwars.com tweeted about her. Very Happy Smile

Reylos...we...did that!!!! The power of Reylo, and DLF knows it too (that Reylos are responsible). YES!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1167879296498593794
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 31 Aug 2019, 7:15 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Starwars.com tweeted about her. Very Happy Smile

Reylos...we...did that!!!! The power of Reylo, and DLF knows it too (that Reylos are responsible). YES!!!!!!!!!!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

wait who is she...? lol it's a fan account or someone...?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 31 Aug 2019, 8:26 pm

rey09 wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Starwars.com tweeted about her. Very Happy Smile

Reylos...we...did that!!!! The power of Reylo, and DLF knows it too (that Reylos are responsible).  YES!!!!!!!!!!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

wait who is she...? lol it's a fan account or someone...?
@rey09

I don't know the entire story.

She tweeted this: https://twitter.com/vibeswithcisco/status/1167256896186679303

Reylos found it, including Someone's daughter - I saw this tweet first, actually: https://twitter.com/MarienneMaid/status/1167457719520940032

Someone's daughter has a great rundown on her twitter, in general, but here is all of it (found a tumblr with it) -

https://benperorsolo.tumblr.com/post/187400104613/this-girl-discovering-reylo-for-the-first-time

Dorksideoftheforce got wind of her watching the movies because of Reylo: https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2019/08/31/new-star-wars-fan-live-tweet/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And then, I tweeted Michelle, Matt, everyone practically that I know of - showing everything, because AliaaAloha, click my twitter link, you'll see...lol is me:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Screen42

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Screen44

Not long after, Matt and SW Twitter shared it...so I'm responsible, or maybe coincidence with others? lol

I'll be blunt.  I know there are some, including reylos that doubt the sincerity of mar.  In these cynical times, somewhat understandable.  However, now that SW twitter mentioned her, and Reylo is all over the comments - I don't care if she's real, making it up on her own, or if this was internal from inside DLF and voila - it was all due to reylo, illustrates the power of reylo, and that is enough for me to do cartwheels. Very Happy Smile  Innocent, or not...we win!!! Very Happy Personally, my default is to believe her, though because I am adorable that way. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next