Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+53
KiraRen2015
spacebaby45678
Atenais
Cowgirlsamurai
Chris24601
Nyx
Kyla Ren
krissy01
Blood Moon
Gemini
MrsWindu
Geralt_Riv
AcrosstheStars
Krafty
vinventure12
nickandnora
rey09
Kessel
Moonjump05
rawpowah
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
Night Huntress
unicorn
Dar-ren19
special_cases
Moonlight13
SW_Heroine_Journey
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
Birdwoman
whisperingwillow
ZioRen
SkyStar
MaddieDove
fuhry
Armadeus
Mana
Lily Snape
Saracene
12 Parsnips
OrionStars
Kylo Rey
Mila95
Lovely_Rose
Riri
DeeBee
AhsokaTano
motherofpearl1
snufkin
californiagirl
nana7marie
SanghaRen
57 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lily Snape Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:48 am

Last edited by Lily Snape on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SkyStar Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:48 am

Rey Solo is just a way to justify Reys involvement in this saga which is clearly about one family. The idea that blood doesn’t matter is noble but you can’t also deny that this is a specific case of movies about Skywalkers. So people try to find how Rey is part of this if they don’t do Reylo path. The adoptive Rey will feel so foorced, lol.

I mean how she can be Rey Solo and call herself Rey Skywalker at the end? jP doesn’t even make sense anymore. From nobody to connected to everyone there is, lol.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Empty Merch exploring.. and falling force users!

Post by DeeBee Mon 23 Sep 2019, 4:55 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:The Sun is behind Kylo
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 EE6OFo_XsAE0Bxd?format=png&name=900x900
DeeBee wrote:
...So here's the full advent calendar image:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Tros_a10
and here is the full image of all the merch that comes with it:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Advent10
sunny
Here is the full comment with sources acknowledged

I'm skipping leaks so forgive me if I don't respond to preceding comments.
I thought someone would have beat me to this by now! lol.
I'd like to share a few random thoughts.. [this may have all already been discussed elsewhere on the web but I've not looked because I find it fun to do it myself lol]
- Rey and Kylo/Ben front and centre in all this.. Loving it!!!
- the use of two suns - one behind Rey and one behind Kylo is super interesting - alluding to the twin suns no?
- Again- Poe and Zorii next to each other..
- I can see a ship in the bottom left corner - below the number 23.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Advent13
Is this the ship we saw in the first teaser flying toward what I think is Kimji?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Ship_c10
Or..
Is this the ship that left Rey on Jakku?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Rey-le10
[this image is the rendering in the latest Age of Resistance comic 'Rey' - I think it's clearer than TFA..]
They all look like the same ship to me!

-the merch which is Rey and C-3PO is interesting, as C-3PO is carrying Rey's staff and the bowcaster from the looks of it.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Advent14
One of the earliest leaks was about C-3PO holding these weapons no? this may be a hint to the source..
-I find this part here very interesting because I've been confused about who commands the Sith Troopers..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Kylo_a11
this image implies that at some point in the movie Kylo is commanding them.. soooo if they side with Palpatine, I sense Order 66 type sudden betrayal on the cards for Kylo!
-lots of interesting looking stormtroopers we can see! Soooooo many Sith Troopers! With so many.. maybe they are clones..
we can see the jet pack stormtroopers (are they red?) and there is one zooming to the left on some kind of a jet bike - this looks like what we caught a glimpse of in the first teaser zooming through the sand chasing the gang.
and we have the interesting white stormtrooper - do we know their name? I'm always terrible at keeping track of stormtroopers lol.
-Lots of new images of various knights of ren - I'm totally a sucker for the KOR!
this part here is interesting to me.. a bit hard to make out:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Advent15
I guess it's Kylo and some KOR in front.. but the design is pretty cool.
The weird new emblem there also caught my eye..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 Advent10
this symbol that came with the sith troopers is still a bit of a mystery to me.. [anyone?]

Thanks for indulging me!!

Anyone seen the other half of the Rey side? with the full image? I guess Star wars insider is using the same image as the advent calendar but a wider image - maybe with the dual covers again like what Vanity Fair did. [If I were to be cynical, I'd say they've caught on to how to get people to buy two magazines.. cough] If anyone sees the Rey version can you please share it with us?
sunny

Edited to add: [trying for longest comment in history lol]
Kylo Rey wrote:Lmao!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 A5772d10

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 A7f86310

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 F64f2010
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 A168ea10

And remember, JJ consulted George on TROS.
@Kylo Rey
Not that I have an opinion on any of this either way.. but I'll just point out that the recent Age of Resistance Snoke issue just a couple of weeks ago had Kylo Ren falling from a great height to certain death - and saving himself using the force.
Images from Snoke Comic of Kylo Falling & saving himself.. :
When I saw this- I thought: uh oh. Maybe Palps did it too..
We even see Lightning in the section where Snoke says he needs Kylo to find his true power, his true potential...
[but maybe he didn't - who knows but fun to consider]

Last edited by DeeBee on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 23 Sep 2019, 5:22 am

I was reading old leaks and found out that our Bothan_Spy from TLJ is again active on Reddit. Maybe somebody knows about any attempts to contact him after TLJ? I remember he wasn't replying after November 2017 but I wasn't checking on him since then. I know it's pretty much a dead end but maybe we can try to contact him and at least ask if he can confirm or debunk JP's stuff.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Mon 23 Sep 2019, 5:46 am

@special_cases
He still actives but he won't reply because Disney's lawyer had threatened him. A lot of Reddit users had tried to contact him but he just simply ignored them. Disney was always really fast, they took down a lot of reliable leakers. How Paxis can act as a moderator for reddit plus he's still writing multi chapters for TROS leak and hasn't been sued yet is still a myth to me.

@DeeBee  it's probably a hint since Pablo didn't outrightly debunk Rey Palpatine like Rey Solo and the Dyad by giving an open answer that could lead to a scenario in ep IX, it's likely that LFL has spared Palpy and he's alive in TROS.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 7:33 am

I know a lot of us here are getting disillusioned but try to be optimistic folks.
Remember - JJ actually created Reylo. Pablo repeatedly stated the only Skywalker is Kylo. And as for the Skywalker saga ending.....
Kylo's surname is Solo. And his mother's was Organa.

As everyone said, Disney quickly shut down Bothan Spy, so how come they're so lax here , especially when the stakes are so high?

Off topic....does anyone know if Disney shut down Sleemo?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 7:41 am

I think if Palpy was alive in corporeal form he would not have waited 30 something years to retake his Empire. I think he exists on another plane but not as a force ghost but as something else.

I think that George took great pains in expanding lore during TCW.. Mother Talzin & Night sisters, Mandalore, Bardottan's etc.. George was seeding his ST, playing long ball and I think it will pay off hopefully in EP9.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 23 Sep 2019, 7:42 am

giaciak2 wrote:
SkyStar wrote:New detailed leaks from JP on reddit - I now cannot hear anyone over the sound of Rey stabbing Kylo and then healing him. Why. So bad.
@SkyStar

Can you share this leaks?
@giaciak2

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/d7bshe/the_basic_plot_of_the_rise_of_skywalker_updated/

here is the link! I love you
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 7:53 am

I remember way back before TLJ , starwarsnonsense found leaks from Reddit.
Some of what was leaked was true, but a lot of it was.....Star Wars nonsense!

With apologies to Kirsty.

On reading them, I frankly suspect the same here. The ending is way too much like TLJ.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 23 Sep 2019, 8:47 am

OrionStars wrote:@special_cases
He still actives but he won't reply because Disney's lawyer had threatened him. A lot of Reddit users had tried to contact him but he just simply ignored them. Disney was always really fast, they took down a lot of reliable leakers. How Paxis can act as a moderator for reddit plus he's still writing multi chapters for TROS leak and hasn't been sued yet is still a myth to me.

@DeeBee  it's probably a hint since Pablo didn't outrightly debunk Rey Palpatine like Rey Solo and the Dyad by giving an open answer that could lead to a scenario in ep IX, it's likely that LFL has spared Palpy and he's alive in TROS.
@OrionStars

Maybe JediPaxis IS J.J. making up bull with just enough plausibility and having a laugh. Laughing

After all, his Bad Robot building is purposely mislabelled "National Typewriter Company" because of J.J.'s love of misdirection. I've really been pulling for a big time movie director to get on the internet and REALLY troll the fans who love spoilers (tbh, I'm not sure why we've never heard of this happening before because it's a great idea)... J.J. seems like a great candidate, lol.

Unlikely, yes. But a satisfying idea.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 9:00 am

It's the 'Hux was an ally all along' that screams FAF to me.
As I've said before, he is a mass murderer who blew up the Hosnian system. Im sorry but I can't see him suddenly turning good guy after committing genocide.
Meanwhile we have Ben, shown as vulnerable and sympathetic in the recent Snoke comic, reverting back to a villain, and Rey, desperate for belonging, ending up alone on Tattooing.....
Sorry, don't buy it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 23 Sep 2019, 9:38 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:It's the 'Hux was an ally all along' that screams FAF to me.
As I've said before, he is a mass murderer who blew up the Hosnian system. Im sorry but I can't see him suddenly turning good guy after committing genocide.
Meanwhile we have Ben, shown as vulnerable and sympathetic in the recent Snoke comic, reverting back to a villain, and Rey, desperate for belonging, ending up alone on Tattooing.....
Sorry, don't buy it.
@motherofpearl1

It's not so much the plot point itself that screams FAF, but rather the interpretation of it. I can certainly see Hux doing something underhanded like selling Kylo out to the Resistance and maybe, like, pretending to be a legitimate ally (though why they would buy it as anything but underhanded is beyond me). After all, he plotted the death of his own father and is certainly biding his time with Kylo to do *something* shady. But any leaker who frames his motivations as altruistic or as some kind of redemptive change of heart is seriously lacking in the most basic reading comprehension. So it's a great example of how a leaker might have some of the basic information correct, but is filling in the surrounding context in THE most obtuse way.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Mon 23 Sep 2019, 9:48 am

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 7 E192bd10

New Empire Magazine cover, I'm assuming Rey is on the second cover as you can see her saber here

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:33 am

Okay that's already on my future shopping list!

Regarding Hux betraying Kylo....
I always thought myself he'd find out about who really killed Snoke and Kylo would be forced to go on the run!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 23 Sep 2019, 12:06 pm

Sometimes I think we care more about and put more stock in unofficial information than we do about actual official information.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 12:32 pm

Let's face it ladies and gents.....we are desperate to see these two together.
From my perspective, I've had a rough year.
I'd like it to end on a high note.
I'm a depressant and if all these leaks are true, I won't be able to see this film. And I really want to because SW helped me through some dark times. I want to be able to see the final chapter.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:16 pm

I'll say one thing about reading about these "leaks," perfect example of how people are so easy to accept/panic over "information" passed via the Internet because it's a low trust environment.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:22 pm

It shows how cynical were are
We want a happy ending but we choose to be pessimistic because we are afraid of being disappointed
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:49 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:It shows how cynical were are
We want a happy ending but we choose to be pessimistic because we are afraid of being disappointed
@motherofpearl1

B-I-N-G-O

The problem, especially when the context is a romantic fairy tale about space wizards, is that being pessimistic to protect oneself from disappointment is a Hell of a way to live. It's also ironically one of the lessons Han learns through the course of the 5 movies. To be open-hearted is to risk feeling pain and disappointment however the alternative of cynicism is worse.

I don't doubt that there's a kernal of truth gleaned from observations of on-set extras or people involved with marketing. Or from people involved in various stages of the technical production. Which was the late great Bothan Spy who got fired/vanished from Reddit (but who I've heard is involved with TRoS). However the AMA from a supposed verified source (also the forum's mod who's banned any mention of Sleemo) with "I'll have to look into that" or "I think this lines up with what I expect to happen" which 100% misses the character beats/themes shown over the course of 9-10 previous movies and any passing familiarity with the types of stories/themes/characters the writers tend to gravitate towards - there's at best a midichlorian of truth in what he's posting buried underneath a mountain of horseshit. And trolling anxious people for the attention and sense of importance/control belongs more on a subReddit like /AmItheA**hole.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

What I find strange too is Jannah being Lando’s daughter. It doesn’t fit with the book The Last Shot. She doesn’t show any twi’lek physical traits. No lekku, no blue skin. Lando’s big love is a twi’lek lady. I guess she could be their daughter without showing any twi’lek feature but it’s not very SW then. Or Lando followed the same path as his fellow scoundrel Han so we would have 2 illegitimate kids, Rey and Jannah. GoT has left some trails, hasn’t it? It seems that every story now needs an incestuous relationship, cheating and illegitimate kids. Or Jannah was conceived before Lando hooked it up seriously with Kaasha, but then she is older than Ben which does not sound right to me even though I still they changed his age and he is 23-24 in TLJ and not 29. If she has some family ties, I am definitively leaning on her being Finn’s sister.

This”leak” is so detailed. Someone fed this person sith information and is laughing right now seeing the havoc it causes.

ETA: I am a bit desperate seeing the Empire magazine. Why is that damn helmet back? I really thought we were past that fanboy helmet sith after TLJ. I don’t mind if it shows up in a scene in TLJ but is all the merchandizing and magazine covers going to be with helmet? You ain’t getting my money, then.

Last edited by SanghaRen on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

One thing I'd gently suggest that people stop doing is comparing this with the ending of Game of Thrones (ie. assuming this is going to be "Game of Thrones all over again!!!") Not only are Star Wars and GoT two entirely different beasts in terms of target audience, but the latter story had a unique set of circumstances attached to it that are difficult to replicate. You have a situation where two people came in to adapt a preexisting work that wasn't complete, who then ran out of source material, and were not privvy to the ending of said story until 2/3rds of the way through when they were TOLD by the author (whose story I am going to strongly assume they were bound to). I can understand the disconnect that resulted in a lackluster final outcome, among many, many, many other factors.

It would be like if George Lucas showed up on set at the beginning of production of this third ST film and was like, "J.J. I like what I saw in film 1 and 2, but here's how it's going to go down in film 3, beat for beat" with them being forced to do what he said. But that's not what it sounds like at all. And again, this is not even remotely the same type of story. I can understand wanting to brace oneself against disappointment a second time (believe me, I know - I watched it too), but it's comparing apples and oranges for a lot of different reasons. For one, I don't think I ever heard D&D or any of the cast of GoT say the intention was to make the finale of GoT "delightful" or even "satisfying." It's always been more of a "you're in for a world of pain and we're warning you" type of vibe. Laughing This isn't that.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm

@SanghaRen Off topic but I just LOL'd pretty hard at your A Simple Favor gif. Talk about a movie where you root for the villain to crush the heroes and get away with everything.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:34 pm

@Lily Snape

I don't get the comment below the second article - they accuse the leaks to be Reylo BS, although as I can see (having chosen not to read leaks), people at this forum are mostly meh about the leaks. Reylos are now supposedly guilty even for dudebros ignoring Finn? (What a stupid and prejudiced thing to write, while so many Reylo fanfics have Finn as her best friend and sweetest guy ever...)
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:41 pm

snufkin wrote:@SanghaRen Off topic but I just LOL'd pretty hard at your A Simple Favor gif. Talk about a movie where you root for the villain to crush the heroes and get away with everything.

@snufkin

Oh, yes! Emily Nelson is my hero Very Happy She totally deserved a better ending.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:10 pm

MaddieDove wrote:
@Lily Snape

I don't get the comment below the second article - they accuse the leaks to be Reylo BS, although as I can see (having chosen not to read leaks), people at this forum are mostly meh about the leaks. Reylos are now supposedly guilty even for dudebros ignoring Finn? (What a stupid and prejudiced thing to write, while so many Reylo fanfics have Finn as her best friend and sweetest guy ever...)
@MaddieDove

I stay away from that place entirely--too many haters and ants.  No
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next