Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nickandnora Mon 11 Nov 2019, 3:03 pm

special_cases wrote:About Kylo's motivation in the leaks:

There are main questions that can shed light on complexity of Kylo's motivations:

- Why Kylo is urgently looking for Snoke's source of power?
- Why does Kylo initiate the Force Bond only after he found Palpy? (I assume that there is possibility that Rey&Resistance were in very deep hiding but I can't imagine why it will affect the Force connection)
- If Kylo indeed wants to protect Rey, why he didn't kill Palpy when Palpy was playing the charade of old weak grandpa? Only because the Emperor is her real family? Or because he is unable to fully use Force in the beginning and he actually needs to use Palpy to return Rey ->to return the Force?

Perhaps Kylo has several intentions and mixed motivations. Maybe he understands that he should prevent Rey's direct contact with Palpy only after he sees Rey's force lighting.

I want to address your bulletpoints one at a time in relation to my "theory" because they are really good ones.

1) Why is Kylo looking for Snoke's source of power? @special_cases I really like your previous idea that he's doing so because he's looking for the power to activate the force bond once more. J.J.'s interviews about Kylo feeling empty as Supreme Leader, his deleted scene with the Oracle, and just plain old common sense leads me to believe... he just misses Rey. If this idea is correct, maybe they will paint it as ambiguous as to whether he really wants to find her via force bond to catch her and the Resistance, or because he simply wants to see her. But I personally think it will actually be the latter. Connected to this...

2) Why does he only initiate the force bond after finding Palpy? Oof. Okay. I think that there are going to be a lot of people who aren't going to like this answer, but... I'm coming around to the idea that we're supposed to take what was said about their force bond in TLJ at face value. It was Snoke who was doing it, and it's actually a dark side power (or at least, it's not something that a regular force user can dabble in easily). The reason he seeks that source of power out and the reason he only activates it after he finds that source of power is obvious: because he couldn't do it up until that point. His "deal" with Palpatine makes it come back (and more powerful than before).

If this seems really disappointing, or dark, or warped because it was far more attractive to believe that Rey and Kylo are connected in some mystical way by the force... I still think that's true. But I think this *specific* task of manifesting before each other must be some powerful magic. And of course, if it's the power that allows Kylo to appear to Rey at the end AND subsequently survive, well joke's on Palpatine. Again.

3) If Kylo indeed wants to protect Rey, why he didn't kill Palpy when Palpy was playing the charade of old weak grandpa? Ooooh, this is SUCH a good question in relation to my theory. Yeah, on the surface this is a bit of a problem. But leaving my theory objectively aside for a second, let's examine this.

I'm going to start by answering this question with another question: Why don't Rey and Kylo kill him at the end in his "weakened" state before he starts sucking the lifeforce out of them? Having considered that, let's go back to the beginning and examine the scene with Kylo and Palpatine as described. It's described as antagonistic. Kylo is furious. He rages. And then... something brings him around? Does something bring him around, or are we misunderstanding this scene? Let's look at what Daisy's said about Palps return, that it's "explained in the movie." The source has really nothing to say on this front, simply stating that Palpatine is just like, "Yeah, here I am." But I think this isn't taking what Daisy says into consideration at all, and there has to be *something* at least that she's aware of that's an explanation. Which is why I'm proposing the following:

THEORY: Kylo does not kill Palpatine at the beginning because he can't kill Palpatine. Palpatine is back because he literally can't die by someone else's hand. In fact, I would wager that this framework at the beginning of Kylo raging at Palpatine has a payoff that the source isn't telling us about: Kylo tries to kill him (strikes him down with his lightsaber or something) at the beginning and he fails.

Doesn't this make sense? Throughout the saga, Palpatine has only really been able to be hurt by one thing: his own force lightning. In fact, he seems to relish the idea of someone attacking him; he *wants* it. I'm starting to think that the reason he didn't die in RotJ - or the way they will insinuate it - is it's because of the duality of how he was killed; he was physically attacked and thrown down the pit by Vader, but it wasn't this act that weakened him, it was the lightning coming out of his own hands. Palpatine is a little like Voldemort in a way; he's LONG since done something to himself that renders him truly incapable of dying, unless he does it to himself.

So anyway, if Kylo gleans that Palps can't be killed by traditional means (whether this is because he actually tries, or he just deduces)... then there you go. Thus follows the rest of my theory.

Please understand everyone: this is just speculation. I am trying to pull from text, and what we know via the leaks to come up with the most plausible (and, let's be honest, palatable) idea but we won't know anything for sure until December. But I DO think this makes the most sense out of the most moving parts.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 11 Nov 2019, 3:22 pm

@nickandnora
I think that's an interesting theory. About this:
nickandnora wrote:
2) Why does he only initiate the force bond after finding Palpy? Oof. Okay. I think that there are going to be a lot of people who aren't going to like this answer, but... I'm coming around to the idea that we're supposed to take what was said about their force bond in TLJ at face value. It was Snoke who was doing it, and it's actually a dark side power (or at least, it's not something that a regular force user can dabble in easily). The reason he seeks that source of power out and the reason he only activates it after he finds that source of power is obvious: because he couldn't do it up until that point. His "deal" with Palpatine makes it come back (and more powerful than before).

If this seems really disappointing, or dark, or warped because it was far more attractive to believe that Rey and Kylo are connected in some mystical way by the force... I still think that's true. But I think this *specific* task of manifesting before each other must be some powerful magic. And of course, if it's the power that allows Kylo to appear to Rey at the end AND subsequently survive, well joke's on Palpatine. Again.
It's true. Matt Martin said that Snoke created the literal bond, but there was a "metaphorical connection" between them before that:
https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/997000272680439813
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 11 Nov 2019, 3:55 pm

Since we are taking about Rey Kenobi theory I will present my take on it. For me personally, this theory feels more like fan service than something that could have big enough impact on Rey's character. Similar impact you could achieve if the reveal would be that she is Qui-Gon's grand-daughter (a connection to a Jedi). Another problem is that it could be confusing to the GA. They supposedly cut the Oracle scene because of that and this scene feels less confusing. In the movies he is presented as the perfect Jedi who is following the Code. It should not rely on additional material like the Clone Wars, only on movies. And even with the Clone Wars we don't know if Obi-Wan and Satiene have ever acted on their feelings. I have always thought that it was presented there to compare Obi-Wan with Anakin, where Obi-Wan put duty in front of feelings as opposed to Anakin. Finally, we don't know a living character that could know so much about Kenobi's past. Only Obi-Wan could reveal it. But maybe we will see his Force Ghost in the movie. Smile

Kylo holding a key doesn't need to be literal and it doesn't need to be related to Rey's past but the story of Ep IX.

About Rey Palpatine: I think it is too late for it, especially that she will propably find out about it in the middle of the movie or even later. It could work as Palpatine's lie but I'm not sold on it as the truth, not yet at least.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 11 Nov 2019, 3:57 pm

J.J. Abrams, who returns to direct The Rise of Skywalker, also discussed the movie with Total Film, with the filmmaker discussing the "mind-boggling challenges" Episode IX posed. “The ending of this trilogy of trilogies is a tricky thing,” he said. “This movie has  to work on its own. It’s got to have its own beginning, middle and end. It can’t make the mistake of a lot of sequels, where you just assume a character is beloved, where the movie suffers because the character is suddenly lacking. We can’t assume anyone cares.”

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-oscar-isaac-sith-jedi-jj-abrams/?utm_content=bufferdcbe6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 11 Nov 2019, 4:16 pm

Oscar Isaac teases Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: "From the get-go, there’s been this chess match. Now we get to see who gets checkmate"

Rey Palpatine, clearly gets checkmate. All the Skywalkers dead, only the granddaughter of Palpatine left. Well done, Palpatine succeeds in the end..."The winner takes it all!!!!. The Skywalkers standing small!!!!"

And she takes your name!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 11 Nov 2019, 4:42 pm

@Gemini
I thought that was super interesting about the checkmate quote from oscar Isaac as a chess game between Jedi and Sith ( shah - tezh in Star Wars galaxy )Shah tezh has come up before .If you read the aftermath novels it comes up with all the pieces and it makes you speculate who the main players are . It’s what also got me into tarot because the chess pieces in Star Wars seem to correlate with tarot .
Anyway it’s interesting if you think about the pieces in chess. The whole point of the game is to trap the king . The queen is the most powerful piece in the game and can move anywhere . In contrast , the king is a very weak piece and that’s why he needs protecting . But you don't need a queen to win. In fact when you get to the endgame the queen has usually already gone. In endgames having both of your bishops may even be more valuable.
Checkmate is said to be derived from the Persian "Shah Mat" (the king is dead).
Question is who is the king ? Who is the Queen and who are the bishops? And what implications has this for Star Wars ..... Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 11 Nov 2019, 4:45 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@Gemini
I thought that was super interesting about the checkmate quote from oscar Isaac as a chess game between Jedi and Sith  ( shah - tezh in Star Wars galaxy )Shah tezh has come up before  .If you read the aftermath novels it comes up with all the pieces and it makes you speculate who the main players are . It’s what also got me into tarot because the chess pieces in Star Wars seem to correlate with tarot .
Anyway it’s interesting if you think about the pieces in chess. The whole point of the game is to trap the king . The queen is the most powerful piece in the game and can move anywhere . In contrast , the king is a very weak  piece and that’s why he needs protecting . But you don't need a queen to win.  In fact when you get to the endgame the queen has usually already gone. In endgames having both of your bishops may even be more valuable.
Question is who is the king ? Who is the Queen and who are the bishops? And what implications has this for Star Wars ..... Smile
@AhsokaTano

King of the dark side is Palpatine?

Queen of the dark side...no idea. Vader?

King of the light side cant be dead. Otherwise palp would win. If palpatine is destroyed the queen of the light side is Rey? Or Leia? She was supposed to be bad a** Sad

Is there any piece with 2 swords?

The nights...the horses? Finn and Jannah
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 11 Nov 2019, 5:45 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:You know, I am find it odd these supposed 'leaks' claim that Rey takes the Skywalker name. Yet they kept insisting in TFA that the Skywalker of the saga is Kylo.
And let's face it.... Rey's relationship with Luke wasn't good. She was far closer to Han and Leia. These leaks seem like fanboy pandering g.
@motherofpearl1

It's outcome-based screenwriting.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 11 Nov 2019, 6:02 pm

Another source claimed to have corroborated the recent Doom-guy leaks, at least re: bad test screenings and Lucas intervention.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2019, 6:07 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:Since we are taking about Rey Kenobi theory I will present my take on it. For me personally, this theory feels more like fan service than something that could have big enough impact on Rey's character. Similar impact you could achieve if the reveal would be that she is Qui-Gon's grand-daughter (a connection to a Jedi). Another problem is that it could be confusing to the GA. They supposedly cut the Oracle scene because of that and this scene feels less confusing. In the movies he is presented as the perfect Jedi who is following the Code. It should not rely on additional material like the Clone Wars, only on movies. And even with the Clone Wars we don't know if Obi-Wan and Satiene have ever acted on their feelings. I have always thought that it was presented there to compare Obi-Wan with Anakin, where Obi-Wan put duty in front of feelings as opposed to Anakin. Finally, we don't know a living character that could know so much about Kenobi's past. Only Obi-Wan could reveal it. But maybe we will see his Force Ghost in the movie. Smile

Kylo holding a key doesn't need to be literal and it doesn't need to be related to Rey's past but the story of Ep IX.

About Rey Palpatine: I think it is too late for it, especially that she will propably find out about it in the middle of the movie or even later. It could work as Palpatine's lie but I'm not sold on it as the truth, not yet at least.
@Geralt_Riv

I agree.  You've touched on a couple of issues that caused me to abandon the Rey Kenobi theory back in 2016.  First, the way Obi-Wan is presented in the films makes it very hard to believe he had a sexually intimate relationship.  Second, the only possible explanation of that being presented in TCW, a TV series the vast majority of the general audience has never seen. I now believe that what we've been given in both TFA and TLJ makes it that much more unlikely.  I also feel some uncertainty about Rey Palpatine, but it makes more sense to me at this point than Rey Kenobi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 11 Nov 2019, 10:25 pm

One "secret Skywalker" theory going around is that it's Connix (i.e. Billie Lourd, i.e. Carrie Fisher's daughter). If your movie were testing poorly and you wanted to send SW fans home happy .... yeah, I could see that. It would be the cinematic equivalent of when Bart beat Lisa at the science fair by dressing a cute little mouse in an aviator outfit and building him a model plane. But the fans would eat it up. I even liked one of the story ideas that I read: Connix is Luke's daughter who went to live with Leia when Ben went to live with Luke.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:47 am

@Atenais

Same. I check SW japan account on Twitter all the time. Are you real about this rumor? It would be so nice. We really need more scenes to try to make sense of the leaks and the story. wrote:

sure not, because the rumor I heard in a video of Mike zeroh, and he is known to say absurdity but also of real things. so I hope this is a real thing.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:53 am

After seeing some of the Mandalorian. Im just going to say that. I honestly don't care if we don't get Rey Kenobi at this point, just give her a  decent backstory. Rey Kenobi, at this point would just be a nice bonus. If we dont get Kenobi, Its fine. Just give her something tangible. TLJ honestly destroyed any true passion I had for Rey's character because they wasted 2 and a half hours doing NOTHING with her apart from making her soul purpose in life to revolve around a man who is at this point still on the dark side and is manipulative. The dissapointment has been lived before. I've been there, done that  and I am prepared for LF to totally screw it up all over again with Rey Palpatine taking the Skywalker name and Ben staying dead.

I still have a little bit of hope that he will do it right and bringing him back was the wisest decision they ever made.

I totally, 100% understand why Daisy has recently expressed her relief that JJ was revealed to direct 9 and not RJ. To the point where she was weeping with joy. She is about to be given proper development, with her own identity outside of Kylo Ren. This will be Reylo done right. Hopefully the Reylo I saw in TFA will be expanded on. With both characters being equals with back stories, not one less than the other needing to have her whole identity be marriage into a family because she is born of dirt and nothing.

I'm relieved. Just as her. After seeing the manadalotian:

Spoiler:
and I'm confident JJ will sort this as well.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:01 am

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams-interview-force-awakens/

J.J. Abrams :

“On this one, I let myself be, at least in the way I was approaching the thing, freer,” he said. “In Episode 7, I was adhering to a kind of approach that felt right for Star Wars in my head. It was about finding a visual language, like shooting on locations and doing practical things as much as possible. And we continue that in Episode 9, but I also found myself doing things that I’m not sure I would have been as daring to do on Episode 7.”

“Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before,” Abrams said. “I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more.”

Daisy Ridley talks Darth Rey in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: “Hopefully, you’re shocked in a fun way, but also emotionally with her”

Full quote “Our sister publication Total Film met with Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey, the day after the trailer premiered and asked the actress about the character's turn. “It’s f****ing awesome,” she said. “I already had an amazing emotional story. But, when [Darth Rey] was pitched, I was like, ‘That sounds amazing.’ It’s fun to do something a bit different.”

Asked whether people be shocked by Rey’s arc in The Rise of Skywalker, she replied: “The whole of Star Wars is about good and evil. With every character, you see some struggle. So, in a way, no. Because it’s the most human thing to see someone struggle with two things within them that are pulling them both ways. If you understand why someone is going on the journey, you will be on the journey regardless. So, hopefully, you’re shocked in a fun way, but you’re also emotionally with her.”

Total Film also met Ridley in London a few months, with the actress elaborating on playing a character who deals with both the light and dark sides of the Force. "[It's fun] because you get to do all of the human emotions rather than just, 'I am all baddie. I am all goodie.' With the dark Rey stuff – who knows what’s happening there. But that, in particular, was fun. Because even though I’m exploring the light and dark of Rey, there’s a different vibe, she still looks like Rey."”

Last edited by Teo oswald on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:04 am

Teo oswald wrote:https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams-interview-force-awakens/

J.J. Abrams :

“On this one, I let myself be, at least in the way I was approaching the thing, freer,” he said. “In Episode 7, I was adhering to a kind of approach that felt right for Star Wars in my head. It was about finding a visual language, like shooting on locations and doing practical things as much as possible. And we continue that in Episode 9, but I also found myself doing things that I’m not sure I would have been as daring to do on Episode 7.”

“Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before,” Abrams said. “I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more.”
@Teo oswald

I'm glad JJ has at least got something positive out of the TLJ, that he can push the envelope a bit. He has also expressed on multiple occasions that he needs to make this work with the rest of the saga as well. So  I am confident that he knows not to go too crazy with it. He knows how to not let his ego get in the way of good storytelling. That's why they brought him back and booted RJ. Lessons have been learned about what works and does not work. I'm confident with that.

"two things within them that are pulling them both ways"

THIS is interesting! Its almost as if she is a mirror of Kylo in terms of lineage. Dark and light in her background.

Always said that I felt she has light Grandparents and dark parents. Opposite of Kylo. Dark Grand parent, light parents

This is why he is pulled in so many ways.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:37 am

Gemini wrote:
I thought that was super interesting about the checkmate quote from oscar Isaac as a chess game between Jedi and Sith  ( shah - tezh in Star Wars galaxy )Shah tezh has come up before  .If you read the aftermath novels it comes up with all the pieces and it makes you speculate who the main players are . It’s what also got me into tarot because the chess pieces in Star Wars seem to correlate with tarot .
Anyway it’s interesting if you think about the pieces in chess. The whole point of the game is to trap the king . The queen is the most powerful piece in the game and can move anywhere . In contrast , the king is a very weak  piece and that’s why he needs protecting . But you don't need a queen to win.  In fact when you get to the endgame the queen has usually already gone. In endgames having both of your bishops may even be more valuable.
@AhsokaTano

King of the light side cant be dead. Otherwise palp would win. If palpatine is destroyed the queen of the light side is Rey? Or Leia? She was supposed to be bad a** Sad

@Gemini

Rey means King... Rey is the King of the lightside.. Kylo is Queen of the darkside

Rey is the Spanish word for “king” which is obviously the word that defines a male monarch. The Spanish formed the word “rey” from the Latin “rex” (which also means “king”) and is derivative of “regere” meaning “to keep straight, lead, rule”.

[img]Rēgulus is Latin for 'prince' or 'little king';[31] its Greek equivalent (Latinised) is Basiliscus.[32][33] It is also known as Qalb al-Asad, from the Arabic قلب الأسد, meaning 'the heart of the lion', a name already attested in the Greek Kardia Leont[/img]

El Rey Leon...

The head crusher... she crushes the head of HYDRA Palpy is Hydra... that is why Rey will not be related to him... Check out the Hydra snakes on Palps red dress... this is about The Judgement... Days of Wrath...It is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah... that conquers and the sceptre shall not pass from Judah...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pxmfgdzW3n1y8hadgo1_400

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pxmeps2AY11y8hadgo1_540

Leo (the Lion) is a zodiacal constellation and is the last chapter of the Star Bible. It is the culmination of the theme of the the Star Bible, Genesis 3:15, when God promised our first parents that the Seed of Woman, Christ, would crush the head of the serpent. The Lion represents Christ as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, His final triumph over Satan, the Serpent. The Star named Minchar Al Alsad, meaning “Punishing of the Lion”, shows Christ executing the sentence on Satan and the bright Star Regulus, meaning “Treading Underfoot” shows the fate of Satan.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Tumblr_pyly3iM7fh1y8hadgo1_1280

A great twitter post on Kylo Ren's theme and the Judgement day

https://twitter.com/pinirito/status/1149933454248726529

Marian
@pinirito
How Rey's and Kylo Ren's themes suggest there may be a Judgement Day where they come together and face the Emperor: a music analysis thread!

Let's begin with the Gregorian Chant Dies Irae, which is often featured in film scores to suggest death:

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:44 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@AhsokaTano

@Gemini

Rey means King... Rey is the King of the lightside.. Kylo is Queen of the darkside
@spacebaby45678

This may be why all this talk of sacrifice is being revealed by LF.

Characters are sacrificing themselves so that Rey can check mate the dark side king. Palpatine.

Betting Palpatine did not bank on his Queen betraying him and sacrificing himself so that Rey could check mate. Ben Solo will become a piece on the light side.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:53 am

@gemini

Eschatology.. that is why Terrio was hired... this should be in his wheelhouse
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 4:54 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:@gemini

@spacebaby45678

may the PRYDE be with us..

LOL

LIONS!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 12 Nov 2019, 5:15 am

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:@gemini

@spacebaby45678

may the PRYDE be with us..

LOL

LIONS!
@Gemini

RJ says.. maybe I will use a LION as an easter egg in Knives out..

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 C6b73aad28afc6b801a56442d36d1dd2b1e7a062
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 6:29 am

Does anyone have that official description about kylo and his light and dark mixture. It was an official book from TFA. It was why Snoke picked him or something.

It seems to be matching what daisy is saying about Rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 12 Nov 2019, 6:49 am

Gemini wrote:After seeing some of the Mandalorian. Im just going to say that. I honestly don't care if we don't get Rey Kenobi at this point, just give her a  decent backstory. Rey Kenobi, at this point would just be a nice bonus. If we dont get Kenobi, Its fine. Just give her something tangible. TLJ honestly destroyed any true passion I had for Rey's character because they wasted 2 and a half hours doing NOTHING with her apart from making her soul purpose in life to revolve around a man who is at this point still on the dark side and is manipulative. The dissapointment has been lived before. I've been there, done that  and I am prepared for LF to totally screw it up all over again with Rey Palpatine taking the Skywalker name and Ben staying dead.

I still have a little bit of hope that he will do it right and bringing him back was the wisest decision they ever made.

I totally, 100% understand why Daisy has recently expressed her relief that JJ was revealed to direct 9 and not RJ. To the point where she was weeping with joy. She is about to be given proper development, with her own identity outside of Kylo Ren. This will be Reylo done right. Hopefully the Reylo I saw in TFA will be expanded on. With both characters being equals with back stories, not one less than the other needing to have her whole identity be marriage into a family because she is born of dirt and nothing.

Spoiler:
@Gemini

I didn't know that you were so passionate about Rey Kenobi because you dislike TLJ. I got you, because TLJ was the movie that should give her more background. Looks like Rian was more in love with Kylo and the Skywalker family. I can't complain, since I'm more invested in Kylo's future than Rey's. Maybe because I grown up with SW and I'm more interested in the son of the heroes of my childhood. It's interesting to think that every fan has his own expectations.

Now that I think about it, it's clear that they can't please everybody. Man, I shouldn't be that invested! XD
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 6:59 am

Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:After seeing some of the Mandalorian. Im just going to say that. I honestly don't care if we don't get Rey Kenobi at this point, just give her a  decent backstory. Rey Kenobi, at this point would just be a nice bonus. If we dont get Kenobi, Its fine. Just give her something tangible. TLJ honestly destroyed any true passion I had for Rey's character because they wasted 2 and a half hours doing NOTHING with her apart from making her soul purpose in life to revolve around a man who is at this point still on the dark side and is manipulative. The dissapointment has been lived before. I've been there, done that  and I am prepared for LF to totally screw it up all over again with Rey Palpatine taking the Skywalker name and Ben staying dead.

Spoiler:
@Gemini

I didn't know that you were so passionate about Rey Kenobi because you dislike TLJ. I got you, because TLJ was the movie that should give her more background.  Looks like Rian was more in love with Kylo and the Skywalker family. I can't complain, since I'm more invested in Kylo's future than Rey's. Maybe because I grown up with SW and I'm more interested in the son of the heroes of my childhood. It's interesting to think that every fan has his own expectations.

Now that I think about it, it's clear that they can't please everybody. Man, I shouldn't be that invested! XD
@Atenais

I would have liked TLJ, had they just developed her a bit. Even Ben didnt get that much back story. Sad

I thought she was a kenobi after TFA originally. Had they gone a different route and shown us that route properly in TLJ, I would have been fine lol.

Btw I found the quote about kylos dark and light lineage being of particular interest to Snoke

It may be related to what Daisy is saying about the light and the dark in herself, pulling her. It would indicate her lineage and family being a mixed bag and why snoke/palp takes an interest in both of them.

It was Snoke." ... Snoke became invested in the Skywalker family bloodline, believing Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo's son, Ben Solo—grandson of Anakin Skywalker and nephew of the now Jedi Master Luke Skywalker—had the right balance of the light and dark sides of the Force in him.

I cant find the actual book it came from though! Gah
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Nov 2019, 7:19 am

Pryde is a First Order general (see: ring, pictures) and is likely the face of the fleet in the finale with the Resistance. Haven't we been through this with Krennic? He is not Obi-Wan's son. He is not Rey's father. He's just some evil First Order general with a mean looking whip who dies in act 3.

The people working on posters and obscure animations don't know the plot of IX. They're digital artists. These are not clues.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Nov 2019, 7:25 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Pryde is a First Order general (see: ring, pictures) and is likely the face of the fleet in the finale with the Resistance. Haven't we been through this with Krennic? He is not Obi-Wan's son. He is not Rey's father. He's just some evil First Order general with a mean looking whip who dies in act 3.

The people working on posters and obscure animations don't know the plot of IX. They're digital artists. These are not clues.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Good grief Charlie brown!

That's why REGs world turned upside down

When JJ told him his name

In the same

Room as daisy

Baby

Let rey random go..we've been there, done that..it failed and was never true. Same as a ton of other stuff you got wrong.

I may just go make a fake profile and pretend to be an insider  to try sway some opinion..seems to be the go to thing these days...

Also I'm sorry but LOL at saying the offical posters are just random assortments.

Okaaay

Good grief...everything has to be random with no meaning, right? Unless anidala is on the posters ....or reylo. Naturally...of course...of course.

Last edited by Gemini on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next