Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:35 am

@Riri My thoughts exactly - if it wasn’t for TLJ, I’d be fine with any lineage and wouldn’t even pay much attention that everybody’s seemingly related in such a vast galaxy. After the IMO brilliant Rey Nobody reveal, though, I’d find linking Rey to anybody of importance lame. However, I’d accept Rey Palpatine due to the yin yang concept of exact opposites completing each other.

Having said that, the thought of Palpatine being intimate with anybody to have sex with them is super awkward, though - there’s no love, obviously, but for me he’s way more villainous to casually be with anybody to fulfill any needs of his either. He’s not a conflicted antagonist that has remnants of the light within, he’s not an antagonist with a sympathetic background that has chosen the path of evil - he’s the evil himself, the threat above all threats, the symbol that’s to be defeated. Hux Snr can have an affair, but to Palpatine to father a child I feel he’d need to do so through an act of sexual violence and that’s too dark for SW.

Unless they go with what was once a popular theory for Anakin - that it wasn’t the Force, but Palpatine, that made Shmi conceive without sexual intercourse - and Palpatine would manipulate the Force to make a random Nobody woman get pregnant with Rey. Not fond of it either, though.

Fingers crossed Ridley went wow due to something else than Rey’s lineage as such.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:45 am

Also..Just going to explain why I think Rey lashes out. Its not acceptable, its not an excuse but its something I felt was there since TFA. Its possibly because she hates that she wants the bad guy and is tempted by him..so she tries to remove him, vilify him, make him a monster, and disfigure his handsome face that she is attracted to and she HATES that she is attracted to him. He just resembles her dark desires which she does not want to have.

Buffy was the same with Spike.

I know TLJ kind of cancels what I said above out, but JJ seems to have possibly reverted it back to that mindset from her?

Also..

As said earlier. I think this may possibly be a force bond moment. Continuity wise, if this is before the big "tension building reveal shot" of Kylo outside on the DS..then it cant really be him in the flesh there. Unless he has followed her in after a fight but they are both dry?

Does Rey know its the force bond and so it wont actually hurt him? Maybe she's trying to cut the force bond connection there?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:47 am

I think JJ just said that his fav prequel moment is Anakin's seduction by Palps at the opera... I think the implication that Palpy was getting at was that he had created Anakin.. so somehow this part of the story has to come back

Palps can't be both the black magic father of Anakin and the genetic grandfather of Rey...

I think that GL and the saga needs and should clear up Anakin's origins and maybe Rey's journey plays into that.. Where Palps tries the same gambit twice..

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:48 am

John just said on GMA he sees the film next week, and he still doesn’t know how it ends because they filmed several different things and had reshoots.

I need to catch up on all these interviews! Looks like some good reading. It’s great finally hearing more from Adam especially, and to see that the media interviews outside of the US are being more blatant and not so frustratingly coy about everything like here.

ETA: @spacebaby45678 I don’t think that’s necessarily what he was referring to. The writing group has been careful to only show Anakin/Vader as fearing that was what happened, but saying it’s not confirmed. JJ could have been referring to the “learn to stop death” aspect. This could tie in to Rey’s supposed healing abilities.

Honestly if it weren’t for JJ not being onboard for IX while Rian filmed TLJ, I would think Rey was a (however absurd it may be) female Palpatine clone based on that cave scene, when she saw all the replicas of herself. I don’t know if they would go there though. It would at least explain the leaks saying his preference is for her to kill him and she carry on his legacy, but backup plan is to drain her. The possession leaks worked better with this angle though, because then when she “killed” him, he could just hop to her body and rule the galaxy that way. Without a true motive at least somewhat like that, his leaked endgame goal makes zippo sense to me.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:02 am

Wait doesnt

Mando spoiler:
Spoiler:

I dont think that healing abilities is something only exclusive to palp and the dark side.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:17 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:She has the dagger in the other hand, when she spins it's visible......are we really sure she loves ben?? Like she just f****ing tried to murder him...this is way to violent in my opinion...rey behaves like a sociopath🤢
@Oscarborough-fairo

Doesn't look like she has a dagger in her hand. Anyway, Kylo is clearly disarmed.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 111
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 212

Gifs:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 4ad8121231a6524ea4add772872e639e8dde6740

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 219c4bf11d2a3089fac6318ba36c6359b4a33283

There's a KoR behind Kylo.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:19 am

Gemini wrote:Wait doesnt

Mando spoiler:
Spoiler:

I dont think that healing abilities is something only exclusive to palp and the dark side.
@Gemini

No, but that is what I think of when I think of that scene. That could be why JJ gave her healing/rejuvenating powers, then uses them to de-age Palpatine via draining her of those powers, if those parts of the leaks are true. Stopping death is supposed to be unnatural and not the Jedi way. I could see where in JJ’s mind he would leap to “I’ll give her these powers since Palpatine insinuated he learned them, and give her lightning abilities too to hammer home she’s his relative.” That interview itself with Daisy shows IMO JJ has a very different interpretation of the Force than Rian did, because it seems like we’re back to powers coming from genetics, when most Jedi of the prequel era didn’t fit in that box.

As for the hidden part:
Spoiler:
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:26 am

AcrosstheStars wrote:
Gemini wrote:Wait doesnt

Mando spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Gemini

No, but that is what I think of when I think of that scene. That could be why JJ gave her healing/rejuvenating powers, then uses them to de-age Palpatine via draining her of those powers, if those parts of the leaks are true. Stopping death is supposed to be unnatural and not the Jedi way. I could see where in JJ’s mind he would leap to “I’ll give her these powers since Palpatine insinuated he learned them, and give her lightning abilities too to hammer home she’s his relative.” That interview itself with Daisy shows IMO JJ has a very different interpretation of the Force than Rian did, because it seems like we’re back to powers coming from genetics, when most Jedi of the prequel era didn’t fit in that box.

As for the hidden part:
Spoiler:
@AcrosstheStars

LOL the obsession with clones in this universe, I have never understood it. What emotional impact does a clone of Luke's hand have for example? its cold and scientific. I remember many people felt that AOTC kind of felt dead and hollow because clones are just clones, its machines and clones against the Jedi. Not individuals against the Jedi.

Spoiler:
Palpatine could be leeching the force from force sensitive children. Doesn't he do this to Rey and Kylo? drains them to rejuvenate fully?

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:26 am

@AcrosstheStars

Healing and Rejuvinating powers could be a souped up Kenobi gift... that is why you see both Obi Wan and Palps touching people on the forhead in the OT & PT

I say Rey is Aquarius and has the healing waters of life...Could be Kenobi/Dathomirian combination...

What palps needs is someone with a special connection to living force.. something he can't have on the darkside and half dead.. so he would need a Kenobi..

I don't think the cloning doctor is extracting DNA... from baby yoda.. I think it is midichlorians to keep Palps alive.. Yoda species.. or baby Yiddle all have exceptionally high midichlorians and an extreme connection to the living force.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:43 am

Gemini wrote:OK, talking badly of Rey's behavior is OK but saying negative things about Kylo's behavior is not? Im seeing this all over twitter and now here.

I support them both equally so understand why they both behave certain ways. Neither of them are behaving well when they lash out. Excuses should not be given to one and not the other? That's just me though.. Neutral
@Gemini

I understand and I believe this is a very sensitive topic. The point is, we all know that Kylo made terrible things (we can understand his reasons but, c'mon, he committed patricide), that's the reason we hope for redemption. We're not justifying him, he needs to be redeemed. In other hand, Rey is presented as the heroin. To see her repetitively trying to killing him is kinda frustrating. Of course, we don't know the context of this scene, but he was disarmed, it's shocking, don't you think?

And Rey has her traumas as well, I don't want her to have a miserable future. What an awful thing to wish for this lonely character!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:43 am

Atenais wrote:
Oscarborough-fairo wrote:She has the dagger in the other hand, when she spins it's visible......are we really sure she loves ben?? Like she just f****ing tried to murder him...this is way to violent in my opinion...rey behaves like a sociopath🤢
@Oscarborough-fairo

Doesn't look like she has a dagger in her hand. Anyway, Kylo is clearly disarmed.

Gifs:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 4ad8121231a6524ea4add772872e639e8dde6740

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 219c4bf11d2a3089fac6318ba36c6359b4a33283

@Atenais

Isnt this the part where he taunts her about her lineage calling her random? If so, her lineage being nothing of importance/evil seems to possibly be her weakness leading to anger, leading to hate, leading to the dark side. I guessed that a few years ago after TLJ...might be wrong though.

Something Kylo wants from her at this point in time. He wants her to embrace the dark side. Palpatine most likely lies to her in the end.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:46 am

Superficial comment

Kylo's mask looks ridiculous
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:51 am

Gemini wrote:@OrionStars

OMG Palpatina..New name for Rey? LOL
@Gemini

Ehehehe, I think Palpatina could be a cool middle name if she's really from the Senate family  lol!

Anw, I still  can't figure out how Palpy could perform the "rejuvenation". I've seen some people on Reddit said in The Clone Wars series, there was a character named Mother Talzin, she could suck the life force of other force-sensitive people by using Nightsisters' sphere and performing a ritual. But Jar Jar already destroyed the sphere. And even if Palpy could gain another sphere, can he perform the "sucking" ritual? Are we going to see Palpy perform the belly dance of that ritual? This scenario is so horrific, it's scarier than Rey stabbing Kylo.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:51 am

Atenais wrote:
Gemini wrote:OK, talking badly of Rey's behavior is OK but saying negative things about Kylo's behavior is not? Im seeing this all over twitter and now here.

I support them both equally so understand why they both behave certain ways. Neither of them are behaving well when they lash out. Excuses should not be given to one and not the other? That's just me though.. Neutral
@Gemini

I understand and I believe this is a very sensitive topic. The point is, we all know that Kylo made terrible things (we can understand his reasons but, c'mon, he committed patricide), that's the reason we hope for redemption. We're not justifying him, he needs to be redeemed. In other hand, Rey is presented as the heroin. To see her repetitively trying to killing him is kinda frustrating. Of course, we don't know the context of this scene, but he was disarmed, it's shocking,  don't you think?

And Rey has her traumas as well, I don't want her to have a miserable future. What an awful thing to wish for this lonely character!
@Atenais

I think this may be the part where Kylo uses her weakness to make her turn dark. Her lineage and feeling like she has no positive place in the world seems to be what leads her to anger, to hate, to suffering, to the dark side. I think this is why Ben Solo finally returns and saves the day in the end with his key.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:52 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Riri wrote:Yikes looks like Rey Palpatine is happening then huh lol

Tbh in hindsight, i can live with it. The granddaughter of a sith and grandson of a Jedi falling in love and bringing balance. There are a lot of missing gaps though, and it kinda defeats the purpose of broom boi but ill withold judgement until i see it.
@Riri

I don't think anyone would describe being related to Sheev as "cool" ... nope it does not jive...

@Gemini

Yeah.. I don't get.. but it seems there is a lot I don't get.. and  I am fine with that... Laughing
@spacebaby45678

A lot has changed since TFA days, that's for sure. I seem to remember Reylos mainly liking both characters and caring about both and trying to understand both. Each to their own, I guess. Maybe this has happened after TLJ? On Twitter I am mainly seeing a lot of Rey bashing? Also a poll recently which showed some reylos would be perfectly happy with Rey having a miserable ending as long as Kylo got a good one?...Neither should have a miserable ending they both deserve better.

I feel sorry for Kylo and the trauma he went through, he does exhibit very destructive and bad behavior though as a result of it, so its a reason but NOT an excuse to behave like that in my eyes. Its the exact same for Rey. She has a reason to lash out at people in anger due to her own personal traumas but its not an excuse. Never. Its bad behavior.

Im also not loving the whole "its because she's a woman she gets a pass" how sexist.
@Gemini

Rey striking and unarmed man is not the Jedi way.. he has nothing to do with male or female...what is the context of the scene where Rey is striking out? Does anyone know?
@spacebaby45678

The way Kylo move his arm is strange. To me, that looks like either he is letting her doing that for one reason or another or he is in a non agressive attitude until using his lightsaber as a last ressort. It's hard for me to imagine that he would do that after such a bitter fight on the ship with Rey literally tapping into the dark side, unless he realizes that calming down is actually the only way to "beat" her. I would suggest this scenario:
1. The crew arrive on Kef Bir
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 25489110
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Rise-o10
2. Rey goes scavenging alone a la Kenobi to find/desactivate something as the rest of the crew gets busy or waits for her return :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 D7lejt11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur34
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur30
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur31
3. Rey bumps into Kylo (the only question I have is: where did she let/lose her bag?)
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur32
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur39
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur33
4. Follows a bitter fight between her and Kylo as the crew is trying to get her:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur36
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur37
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 Captur38

By the way, could it be that Kylo's attitude in the throne room is some callback to this ?

Last edited by reylo1992 on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:58 am

@Gemini Rey being a clone of a hand was definitely one of the biggest “Huh?” moments for me since I started reading Star Wars forums in 2017. A wee bit below Sloth Anakin on the “What the heck?” scale. I don’t like the clone or Palpatine angle, but so it goes on the latter, if true. I won’t mind it if Ben lives. If he dies, I will very much dislike it.

Anyhow, MSW just posted a new article about Ochi, Rey’s parents, and Lando and Jannah. He says Lando tells them where Ochi’s ship is, and they head there to escape the FO, abandoning the Falcon at the Festival. She recognizes it as the ship she saw when she was abandoned. Ground caves in and they end up in the tunnel with that worm and a dead Ochi. When Rey gets the Sith dagger, she sees her parents being murdered in a tent on Jakku. Her father was Palpatine’s son, and Jason says he’s seen the actor and the man looks like Gendry from GOT and director Gareth Edwards. I have no clue who either of those people are. Mother is a brunette played by someone not seen before, and she’s not Zorii. Poe is fixing the ship to get away from the FO when Kylo shows up in his TIE from the trailer scene, so I guess Rey goes to stall him.

Says it looks to him that Jannah is Lando’s missing child. Apparently Lando left with Luke on a mission to find either Ochi to get the dagger or just to find the dagger, and the First Order kidnapped Jannah while he was gone. He stays on Pasaana and never leaves in the hopes she’ll come back for him. Ochi looks like a humanoid reptile crossed with a sponge, yellow skin and tiny black eyes (and may I just say: yuck  pale ). Little more stuff, like him backing up JP’s D-O origins leak, but those are the big points. He also repeatedly references the dyad, so he seems to think that’s still part of the movie, as opposed to JediPaxis.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/examining-ochi-from-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-the-skeleton-key-to-episode-ix-spoilers/
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Nov 2019, 8:58 am

Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
@Oscarborough-fairo

Gifs:

@Atenais

Isnt this the part where he taunts her about her lineage calling her random? If so, her lineage being nothing of importance/evil seems to possibly be her weakness leading to anger, leading to hate, leading to the dark side. I guessed that a few years ago after TLJ...might be wrong though.

Something Kylo wants from her at this point in time. He wants her to embrace the dark side. Palpatine most likely lies to her in the end.
@Gemini
I have massive, enormous doubts that the source is interpreting this dialogue correctly when I look at how much they misunderstood a lot of other dialogue (or never had it at all). He isn't taunting her here. He's unarmed, he's trying to talk. If he was taunting or trying to goad her into a fight he would have his lightsaber out - he doesn't. This part of the film follows him seemingly letting Rey jump to Finn on the Falcon while just standing and taking a step back with that haunted but accepting expression. He isn't trying to turn her to the dark side, he's trying to stop her from reaching Palpatine.

I believe Rey Palpatine insofar that I believe Rey is a creation of Palaptine. I kind of like the biological aspect to it because it adds a nice dichotomy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:09 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

I think maybe taunting was the wrong choice of words from me. You are right, its probably not taunting.

Her lineage/lack of importance is something which seems to make her snap though and be her path to the dark side/anger and hate to the point where she does something that the jedi do not do. Attack an unarmed opponent.

She could be a Palpatine and the message is to overcome that flawed belief she has in herself and beat the dark side.

For me, I always remember that Palpatine is a liar who lures people into anger/hate/suffering by taking their weakness and twisting/lying about it to make them take that final plunge. I still have the suspicion that Ben Solo will return with whatever key he has to save Rey and let her know where she fits in the saga, a key unlocks truth. The truth and finding her place appears to be her character goal at this point. However the above (Rey Palpatina) could also work its way into this, that she gets her character goal but in a way where she learns that you can be born of a bad seed but blossom into something beautiful and pure.

I don't know. I have high hopes that something truly epic will unfold the moment Ben Solo returns to her though. Its something which the leaks have not caught up with yet in terms of leaked images and rumors.

I don't think Kylo is deceiving rey with Random but I think he knows it upsets her. Its her truth in that moment so he believes it to be true as well.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:11 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Atenais wrote:
@Oscarborough-fairo

Gifs:

@Atenais

@Gemini
I have massive, enormous doubts that the source is interpreting this dialogue correctly when I look at how much they misunderstood a lot of other dialogue (or never had it at all). He isn't taunting her here. He's unarmed, he's trying to talk. If he was taunting or trying to goad her into a fight he would have his lightsaber out - he doesn't. This part of the film follows him seemingly letting Rey jump to Finn on the Falcon while just standing and taking a step back with that haunted but accepting expression. He isn't trying to turn her to the dark side, he's trying to stop her from reaching Palpatine.

I believe Rey Palpatine insofar that I believe Rey is a creation of Palaptine. I kind of like the biological aspect to it because it adds a nice dichotomy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I don't understand maybe you can expand on this a little more...

thank you

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:22 am

AcrosstheStars wrote:@Gemini Rey being a clone of a hand was definitely one of the biggest “Huh?” moments for me since I started reading Star Wars forums in 2017. A wee bit below Sloth Anakin on the “What the heck?” scale. I don’t like the clone or Palpatine angle, but so it goes on the latter, if true. I won’t mind it if Ben lives. If he dies, I will very much dislike it.

Anyhow, MSW just posted a new article about Ochi, Rey’s parents, and Lando and Jannah. He says Lando tells them where Ochi’s ship is, and they head there to escape the FO, abandoning the Falcon at the Festival. She recognizes it as the ship she saw when she was abandoned. Ground caves in and they end up in the tunnel with that worm and a dead Ochi. When Rey gets the Sith dagger, she sees her parents being murdered in a tent on Jakku. Her father was Palpatine’s son, and Jason says he’s seen the actor and the man looks like Gendry from GOT and director Gareth Edwards. I have no clue who either of those people are. Mother is a brunette played by someone not seen before, and she’s not Zorii. Poe is fixing the ship to get away from the FO when Kylo shows up in his TIE from the trailer scene, so I guess Rey goes to stall him.

Says it looks to him that Jannah is Lando’s missing child. Apparently Lando left with Luke on a mission to find either Ochi to get the dagger or just to find the dagger, and the First Order kidnapped Jannah while he was gone. He stays on Pasaana and never leaves in the hopes she’ll come back for him. Ochi looks like a humanoid reptile crossed with a sponge, yellow skin and tiny black eyes (and may I just say: yuck  pale ). Little more stuff, like him backing up JP’s D-O origins leak, but those are the big points. He also repeatedly references the dyad, so he seems to think that’s still part of the movie, as opposed to JediPaxis.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/examining-ochi-from-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-the-skeleton-key-to-episode-ix-spoilers/
@AcrosstheStars

The biggest takeaway from TRoS: PALPATINE HAD SEX
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:23 am

Kylo Rey wrote:
AcrosstheStars wrote:@Gemini Rey being a clone of a hand was definitely one of the biggest “Huh?” moments for me since I started reading Star Wars forums in 2017. A wee bit below Sloth Anakin on the “What the heck?” scale. I don’t like the clone or Palpatine angle, but so it goes on the latter, if true. I won’t mind it if Ben lives. If he dies, I will very much dislike it.

@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey

affraid L-puke
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:34 am

Kylo Rey wrote:

@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 40 1559423458095
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:50 am

Kylo Rey wrote:
@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey

A mental image I never needed nor wanted. Thanks a lot, JJ. That’s why of the two, I prefer the Palpatine genetic experiment or clone idea over biological, made the old fashioned way granddaughter and son. Removes the ick factor. I don’t like the cloning stuff, but this is just eww. And I thought Ochi’s appearance sounded gross! What a Face

The info he’s giving makes sense the way he laid it out. But then it makes for more head scratchers, like why the heck would she take on the Skywalker name if she had parents who weren’t evil and presumably went by another name? Why wrap the Saga up with a scenario practically screaming for at least a stand-alone movie (or even show) prequel to the ST to better show the story of her parents and Palpatine’s long game? Just really weird choices to me if true. I can deal with it thematically as the granddaughter of Space Satan choosing what’s good and right and putting down the Skywalkers’ tormentor, but her doing it alone would bother me a lot and her alone living will outright tick me off. Said it before— in this scenario, the whole Saga becomes the Palpatine Saga if Ben doesn’t survive. Please no. My blood pressure can’t handle that I don’t think, not as a huge Anidala fan and a Kylo/Ben fan. Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:51 am

@AcrosstheStars

OK, aside from the fact that I really hate the idea of Jannah being Lando's daughter:
a) Isn't the story that Jannah's brother was taken away *from her*? Or am I imagining that part?
b) There is no resolution that I can see for this in the leaks (it's not like they acknowledge each other at any point, do they?) Also worth noting: Lando is absent in the rumoured end scene on Pasaana.

Really, I'm biased on this, but it strikes me as strange if Lando is not there to be the missing link between all the OT and Ben Solo. Because they can't use Carrie for this purpose, it makes sense to me that the connection that is important here is Lando and Ben. But the leaks literally say *nothing* about this, and instead we have this weird story about Lando losing his daughter. That's why I'm really not trusting that part completely until I see it (and indeed the way it's phrased it seems like Jason is making conjecture here).

As for all the Rey stuff, I personally love it. I feel like the point is going to be that Rey is going to experience first hand just HOW someone falls to the dark side, and guess what? It's not always because "they are evil and want to do bad things." It can be because they are afraid, and confused (like her) and lonely, and mistrusting, AND misunderstanding/lashing out at someone who is trying to help out of fear and anger. I speculated many pages back that I think the act of stabbing Kylo might cause her to see Kylo's past in more detail and perhaps seeing it (like for instance: yelling come back! to his parents, accidentally using his powers to blow things up and having people be afraid of him, coming face to face with his father, etc.) will make her realize: "We are the same."

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:53 am

This is also something which Daisy said:

“The core of the whole thing is challenging your identity and what it is that makes you you. The things that people have bestowed upon a certain person is challenging what other people are telling you you are.”

I guess what Im taking from the above answer is that people are telling Rey she is a person she is not. We know Kylo tells her Random and Palpatine tells her Palpatine.

What is bestowed on her is the opposite? Bestowed is supposed to be something positive/an honor to a person..so whatever people keep telling her is a challenge to whatever was positively  bestowed upon her?

Her place and belonging is something, IMO as a hero of this saga, she needs to discover and see for herself through a vision IMO, not be told by any other character. Kylo will hopefully give her this key to see.

In terms of what was bestowed on her. Leia sees her as hope for the galaxy?

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next