Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+58
unicorn
TheLastJedi
Krafty
Socialnole
Blood Moon
Nyx
Chris24601
nonesuch
EchoBase
Moonjump05
Forsythia
whisperingwillow
cherrylipstick
vinventure12
Dar-ren19
Armadeus
Mana
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
Mila95
MaddieDove
vaderito
Kylo Rey
olyer
Kyla Ren
Kylo Men
snufkin
Atenais
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Gemini
Moonlight13
rawpowah
nana7marie
Lovely_Rose
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
Night Huntress
Casper
OrionStars
Teo oswald
SanghaRen
PalmettoBlue
special_cases
rey09
californiagirl
AcrosstheStars
Cowgirlsamurai
Saracene
Riri
nickandnora
ZioRen
lauvamp
fuhry
62 posters

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene Wed 27 Nov 2019, 2:29 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:If there's one thing that worries me about these leaks, it's Rey stabbing Kylo while he's in shock after losing his mother.
I really hope that they are wrong, or she's possessed, because I'm going to end up hating her if not.
@motherofpearl1

To be honest the whole thing as described in the leaks seems ridiculously overwrought and feels like Leia’s death is kinda lost in the shuffle with everything else going on.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:41 am

special_cases wrote:Isn't it hilariously ironic that Council Forum of Boomers was pushing Daisy's quote from Chinese publication on every next page and it was of course considered 100 % legit but now quotes from German and Spanish publications were obviously faked.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 J5cSmwj
@special_cases
lol! lol! lol!

Kylo Rey wrote:Guys... we’ve skimmed over this, but this is really important. This is the closest we’ve got to real info on Kylo’s last scene in the movie. He’s not just talking about his final shoot, which could be anywhere in the movie (remember, movies are often not shot chronologically), he’s talking about THE final scene for his character

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 91df3110

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 816b5810

His last scene shot in London. Btw, Kevin Smith said that the last scene of the movie was shot in Pinewood Studios, London

Also, those Instagram posts, didn’t Daisy wrap up the same day as him???
@Kylo Rey
*heavy breathing*

@Riri
@special_cases
Hasn’t JediPaxis actually admitted that he doesn’t know the dialogue in that scene and what he shared was in fact his guess?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:46 am

One thing I have to say here....
Why didn't Kylo put his hood up, when he's getting soaked?😁
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:54 am

Atenais wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:Guys... we’ve skimmed over this, but this is really important. This is the closest we’ve got to real info on Kylo’s last scene in the movie. He’s not just talking about his final shoot, which could be anywhere in the movie (remember, movies are often not shot chronologically), he’s talking about THE final scene for his character

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 91df3110

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 816b5810

His last scene shot in London. Btw, Kevin Smith said that the last scene of the movie was shot in Pinewood Studios, London

Also, those Instagram posts, didn’t Daisy wrap up the same day as him???
@Kylo Rey

Thanks for bringing this part. I was going to comment about it, but I forgot and, yeah, you're right, this is very important. When reading it I felt that he was feeling kinda... melancholic? I don't know if he was feeling pensive because, as he said, "it was just the weight of it" or because this scene was kinda sad.

And I agree with you, I don't think he would feel that aware if it was just a physical scene, looks like it was an emotional moment.
@Atenais

They also say "what he believed to be Kylo Ren's final RoS scene", so maybe there were additional shootings (or reshootings?).
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:25 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:One thing I have to say here....
Why didn't Kylo put his hood up, when he's getting soaked?😁
@motherofpearl1

'Cause the wetness makes his hair look très sexy, and he has to impress his baby girl. Wink

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:30 am

She has the dagger in the other hand, when she spins it's visible......are we really sure she loves ben?? Like she just f****ing tried to murder him...this is way to violent in my opinion...rey behaves like a sociopath🤢

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:40 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:She has the dagger in the other hand, when she spins it's visible......are we really sure she loves ben?? Like she just f****ing tried to murder him...this is way to violent in my opinion...rey behaves like a sociopath🤢
@Oscarborough-fairo

Don't worry, I just saw this on Reddit. The table has turned.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 RsAAV6V
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 0ZT9pBO

I guess no one will think Kylo is the abusive husband after TROS
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:40 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:She has the dagger in the other hand, when she spins it's visible......are we really sure she loves ben?? Like she just f****ing tried to murder him...this is way to violent in my opinion...rey behaves like a sociopath🤢
@Oscarborough-fairo

This is something antis and Kylo-haters presumably want to see as the end for Kylo. How anyone could possibly think that would make a compelling Star Wars Christmas movie and still call themselves SW fans is beyond me.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:55 am

Her behavior is unacceptable...i'm getting the vibe that Rey is an extremely toxic, abusive person. Like whenever she's in the "mood" she will attempt to murder him or what???
I'm sorry, but I'm completely in shock.... I thought their fight will give them opportunity to release all the painful frustration they feel. Like working off that "anger". But not to harm the other...this is something completely different what she's doing to him.

She was about to murder Ben on purpose. If this poor, lovesick, abuse victim, young man didn't step away, she would have cut off his head...I really don't know what to think...this is just not okay.....I respect you guys for being able to keep it together...I'm one of the OG reylos, but this level of violence she represents is too much i think...especially after TLJ

confused

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:10 am

@Oscarborough-fairo

I'm sorry, I have to disagree here.

When kylos in a mood he does murder people and smashes stuff. It's pretty unacceptable to murder an old man, order the death of men, women and children as well as commit Patricide.

They are pretty similar. He just doesnt do this to her. That's the difference.

Apart from when he wanted to blow up the millenium falcon knowing that Rey was inside it all because she rejected him.

They push and pull, love and hate. They are going to have to either both turn dark or light together for this to finally end.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:18 am

from @blessmycircuits on twitter a German Mag translation.. Rey's story and Rey's origins DR's discusses

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 92427067d85f49fc9db3588ffa13d6c938bef622

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 27610cae39f71e024b6625be4d98c2573005bc17
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:21 am

You are absolutely wrong.

He didn't know that she was piloting the Millenium Falcon. Hux told him she took Snoke's escaping pod ( when Rose and Finn and BB8 took it ).
That moment was not about Rey. That was about his father and all the painful childhood memories he relates to the Falcon. In the Shakespeare version it completely mirrors Hamlet. He says his father came to haunt him.

No. Unlike Vader, Kylo never fullfiled his anger on the troopers or anyone else. What murder mood? They are at war.
What about Leia, who had no problem with bombing her own child and not givng a damn about him for more than 10 years?
What about Finn, who murders his fellow troopers without any guilt? He even whooping when they die.
Or Rey? How many people had she murdered just because they were on the opposite side?

Rey is extremely violent. It's acceptable only because she's a woman...

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:29 am

Better quality video of the new 2 TV spots:

Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:39 am

@Oscarborough-fairo

My bad I saw it only twice. However. It's still pretty unacceptable to try murder everyone on the MF just because you are sad. He would have murdered Luke, he had no idea he was a force ghost.

Rey has had trauma too so she lashes out just like him. They are also at war with one another. You are also not supposed to murder civilians during war if you want to use the "we were at war excuse" for bad behavior.

Neither should lash out at people in anger. They are both similar people exhibiting bad behavior..

Bad behavior like that is unacceptable from both. No excuses

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:47 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:You are absolutely wrong.

He didn't know that she was piloting the Millenium Falcon. Hux told him she took Snoke's escaping pod ( when Rose and Finn and BB8 took it ).
That moment was not about Rey. That was about his father and all the painful childhood memories he relates to the Falcon. In the Shakespeare version it completely mirrors Hamlet. He says his father came to haunt him.

No. Unlike Vader, Kylo never fullfiled his anger on the troopers or anyone else. What murder mood? They are at war.
What about Leia, who had no problem with bombing her own child and not givng a damn about him for more than 10 years?
What about Finn, who murders his fellow troopers without any guilt? He even whooping when they die.
Or Rey? How many people had she murdered just because they were on the opposite side?

@Oscarborough-fairo

I understand your feeling. Rey looks murderous in the TV spots. You aren't the only one who feels like that. I'm gonna be honest, it's very likely that if Kylo couldn't dodge it, Rey would behead Kylo. But maybe, JJ could execute it well and the full scene isn't really that terrible like the scenario we're imagining.  We can pray cyclops
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:52 am

Yikes looks like Rey Palpatine is happening then huh lol

Tbh in hindsight, i can live with it. The granddaughter of a sith and grandson of a Jedi falling in love and bringing balance. There are a lot of missing gaps though, and it kinda defeats the purpose of broom boi but ill withold judgement until i see it.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:02 am

Oscarborough-fairo wrote:You are absolutely wrong.

@Oscarborough-fairo

I agree that Kylo's violence was always carefully presented. It's at its most extreme right at the beginning (execution of Lor San Tekka), with killing of Han as the most painful for him, and we see him changing towards light. I always saw his tantrums and smashing of machinery as a sign that he is NOT dark enough - in comparison with Vader, who would choke his inferiors without flinching, Kylo was presented as someone who had anger issues, but he'd take it on things, not on other people. The same with the ordering the killing of villagers - it's only after Phasma asked him that he does that. Director is showing something to us with all of that.

I never thought that he wanted to kill Rey. In their fight in the woods, it's surprising to the viewers when he tells her "You need a teacher!" - it's clear by then that he's fighting her defensively, but that he wants her alive and possibly to continue to engage with her in some manner.

I also posed the question why do they fight in TROS. Because for me, I never got the feeling he resented or hated her so much that he wanted her dead. My headcanon after TLJ also was depending on continuing that characterization.

This scene with Rey, it's framed as beheading, slashing him mercilessly while he is unarmed. Kylo thought he had to fight armed Luke in the duel style on Crait, and the scene was framed as a duel in the great tradition of westerns or Japanese movies. This scene with Rey is execution-style killing.

Hopefully, this is just a teaser strategically put here to raise discussion (they're so cynical), and there's something else behind it. But it looks awful. It would look awful and shocking for a SW movie aiming to please 12 years olds even if anyone else was involved

Last edited by MaddieDove on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:02 am

OK, talking badly of Rey's behavior is OK but saying negative things about Kylo's behavior is not? Im seeing this all over twitter and now here.

I support them both equally so understand why they both behave certain ways. Neither of them are behaving well when they lash out. Excuses should not be given to one and not the other? That's just me though.. Neutral
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:07 am

Riri wrote:Yikes looks like Rey Palpatine is happening then huh lol

Tbh in hindsight, i can live with it. The granddaughter of a sith and grandson of a Jedi falling in love and bringing balance. There are a lot of missing gaps though, and it kinda defeats the purpose of broom boi but ill withold judgement until i see it.
@Riri

I don't think anyone would describe being related to Sheev as "cool" ... nope it does not jive...

@Gemini

Yeah.. I don't get.. but it seems there is a lot I don't get.. and I am fine with that... Laughing
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:09 am

@Riri

Yeah, Rey Palpatina Senate is a terrible fan service but it matches JJ's writing style. It's not a surprise, to be sure, but also not a welcome one.

Last edited by OrionStars on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:09 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Riri

I don't think anyone would describe being related to Sheev as "cool" ... nope it does not jive...

@Gemini

Yeah.. I don't get.. but it seems there is a lot I don't get.. and  I am fine with that... Laughing
@spacebaby45678

A lot has changed since TFA days, that's for sure. I seem to remember Reylos mainly liking both characters and caring about both and trying to understand both. Each to their own, I guess. Maybe this has happened after TLJ? On Twitter I am mainly seeing a lot of Rey bashing? Also a poll recently which showed some reylos would be perfectly happy with Rey having a miserable ending as long as Kylo got a good one?...Neither should have a miserable ending they both deserve better.

I feel sorry for Kylo and the trauma he went through, he does exhibit very destructive and bad behavior though as a result of it, so its a reason but NOT an excuse to behave like that in my eyes. Its the exact same for Rey. She has a reason to lash out at people in anger due to her own personal traumas but its not an excuse. Never. Its bad behavior.

Im also not loving the whole "its because she's a woman she gets a pass" how sexist.

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:14 am

@OrionStars

OMG Palpatina..New name for Rey? LOL
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:22 am

I don't think that Rey Palpatine will ever happen. The way Rey uses her anger is actually very similar to Anakin. If that's the case, I really hope that it won't end like the leaks suggest because it would be s*** as f***. But let's keep in mind that for The Last Jedi, we got constant leaks about Kylo invading the island with the Knights of Ren, which never made it in the movie so.

That shot of her attacking Kylo makes me wonder: does it happen before or after the bitter fight on the ship? Because they don't look wet and Kylo looks like mad and sad when he comes after her here. Just look at his tense chin:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Captur28
Feeling of betrayal once again? That would cut the tongues to the antis who keep saying Kylo is the only "abusive" one. After all, Rey always shoots first. And frankly, can't they make Kylo win against her at least once? She is the one who looks on the edge of the dark side here, very much like Anakin in ROTS. I hope we won't get some kind of remake of TFA fight.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Captur29
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:26 am

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Riri

@Gemini

Yeah.. I don't get.. but it seems there is a lot I don't get.. and  I am fine with that... Laughing
@spacebaby45678

A lot has changed since TFA days, that's for sure. I seem to remember Reylos mainly liking both characters and caring about both and trying to understand both. Each to their own, I guess. Maybe this has happened after TLJ? On Twitter I am mainly seeing a lot of Rey bashing? Also a poll recently which showed some reylos would be perfectly happy with Rey having a miserable ending as long as Kylo got a good one?...Neither should have a miserable ending they both deserve better.

I feel sorry for Kylo and the trauma he went through, he does exhibit very destructive and bad behavior though as a result of it, so its a reason but NOT an excuse to behave like that in my eyes. Its the exact same for Rey. She has a reason to lash out at people in anger due to her own personal traumas but its not an excuse. Never. Its bad behavior.

Im also not loving the whole "its because she's a woman she gets a pass" how sexist.
@Gemini

Rey striking and unarmed man is not the Jedi way.. he has nothing to do with male or female...what is the context of the scene where Rey is striking out? Does anyone know?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 27 Nov 2019, 7:28 am

@reylo1992

I'm personally not getting Rey Palpatine from what she has said or what others have said. But again, its just down to interpretation of whats said, I guess.

I think Rey Palpatine is a lie told by Palpatine to lure rey/make her dark. Its what Palpatine does, he uses characters weaknesses against them and lies about it to anger them/weaken them.

The leaks are not up to date with images and rumors confirming the images of to blue sabers and a possible key to the saga brought by Kylo to Rey.

The article definitely suggests that her parents are not nobodies though, that's neither cool or unexpected? They also don't explain where her force powers come from.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next