Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews

+49
Reynak
vaderito
Acritiqua
californiagirl
snufkin
Piper Maru
KiraRen2015
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
MrsWindu
shii405
Ramblingrose
Teo oswald
Lily Snape
Night Huntress
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
Gemini
motherofpearl1
guardienne
unicorn
YeeRees
Saracene
SanghaRen
olyer
Mila95
nickandnora
cherrylipstick
MindAndMagic
Armadeus
Kyla Ren
rey09
DeeBee
Krafty
Cowgirlsamurai
LadyHa
Atenais
ZioRen
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
spacebaby45678
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
SkyStar
rawpowah
AcrosstheStars
OrionStars
special_cases
53 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:21 pm

My thoughts....
Director's cut. With the ending that was originally envisioned.
That's the best we can hope for.
Personally, , I'd be happy if they retconned the ending.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews - Page 7 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews

Post by Krafty Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:31 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:My thoughts....
Director's cut. With the ending that was originally envisioned.
That's the best we can hope for.
Personally, , I'd be happy if they retconned the ending.
@motherofpearl1

I'd love that, even though I imagine the likelihood of it as slim at best. I think the film they may have wanted to make was so staunchly different (and longer) than the one we got.. it would've had so many contradictions and would completely changed the cannon the powers that be wanted to leave behind.
Thats just my take... BUT I'd love to see that movie and give it a chance.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm

Maybe the dvd will do that.
But it still should have been onscreen.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:48 pm

I’m sure we will eventually hear from Adam whether or not death was part of his characters originally laid out arc.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:54 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I’m sure we will eventually hear from Adam whether or not death was part of his characters originally laid out arc.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I really wish to know that. But, with the poor dialogue, I ask myself if the actor would be happy to be alive.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:59 pm

just bought my tickets for 24th - if you book online you can choose your seats and see witch ones are already booked. Well I had free chose- NONE was occupied WTH like ZERO I was the first.

This is...sad- like really sad.  Sad

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews - Page 7 Bildsc29
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 22 Dec 2019, 1:59 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Does anyone have any idea how this mess could be rectified?
@motherofpearl1

Ummmm....abuse the actors and director on the Internet? Do an online petition to remake the film? Come up with a fake Kickstarter to remake the movie, promising wealthy backers who will match it? Do a fan-cut removing all the women and people of color from it?

These tactics worked for the fanboys who hated TLJ and abused Kelly-Marie Tran. They got what they wanted.

I hope it’s clear that I’m being sarcastic. Every one of those actions appalled me when they happened. What do reasonable, decent people do about these things? I don’t know...donate to Adam’s charity to thank him, apparently. Perhaps an online petition or letter-writing campaign to do Episode X and make things right for some beloved characters? I wish I knew.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

They should develop a cartoon series or animated film where Rey goes on a journey and brings Ben back. You don't even need to have the same actors voice them.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

@Night Huntress Yes, that's very sad. The same way, for me, it's being painful to read the critic reviews.

Lily Snape wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Does anyone have any idea how this mess could be rectified?
@motherofpearl1

Ummmm....abuse the actors and director on the Internet? Do an online petition to remake the film? Come up with a fake Kickstarter to remake the movie, promising wealthy backers who will match it? Do a fan-cut removing all the women and people of color from it?

These tactics worked for the fanboys who hated TLJ and abused Kelly-Marie Tran. They got what they wanted.

I hope it’s clear that I’m being sarcastic. Every one of those actions appalled me when they happened. What do reasonable, decent people do about these things? I don’t know...donate to Adam’s charity to thank him, apparently. Perhaps an online petition or letter-writing campaign to do Episode X and make things right for some beloved characters? I wish I knew.
@Lily Snape

That's a very nice thing to do. I don't believe they will try to rectify the movie in any way, probably they will try to distance themselves of this trilogy and start their new things. Personally, I don't to want to make campaigns, petitions, etc. to have a good movie. That's their job, I'm just a fan. It's ironic if we have to make campaigns to have good movies. lol
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

@Lily Snape

Read what I wrote in two other threads: Find out if there was an alternate ending/edit of this film. Investigate and campaign (NOT harass) via social media to have it released in a somewhat official capacity. If there isn't any evidence of one (ie. an alternate version that makes things slightly better), move on.

It's kind of kooky, but somewhat distracting and productive I think? It might bring some of the bigger issues come to light from a relatively focused goal, you know?

ETA: I recognize a lot don't like this idea. But I'm sad for people who are having breakdowns because of what this represents on a larger scale. The reason it might work is because it's a thing that might already exist. Making new material is difficult and could take years. And might never happen. This is the only reason I suggest it; it is a dumb thing for fans to feel they have to do, but the end result might actually be the most attainable. Does that make sense?

Last edited by nickandnora on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:07 pm

The only way they can retcon is just do another movie in a few years. Standalone. Just deal with pure jedi stuff. Rey and Finn, Rey learns more about the Dyad, somehow Ben comes back. And they also deal with a new threat, because of course evil is never gone. Perhaps a new sith emerging, could be interesting. No political crap, just jedi/sith things. We learn more about her parents/lineage, the force. Keep it very very focused.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:12 pm

nickandnora wrote:@Lily Snape

Read what I wrote in two other threads: Find out if there was an alternate ending/edit of this film. Investigate and campaign (NOT harass) via social media to have it released in a somewhat official capacity. If there isn't any evidence of one (ie. an alternate version that makes things slightly better), move on.

It's kind of kooky, but somewhat distracting and productive I think? It might bring some of the bigger issues come to light from a relatively focused goal, you know?

ETA: I recognize a lot don't like this idea. But I'm sad for people who are having breakdowns because of what this represents on a larger scale. The reason it might work is because it's a thing that might already exist. Making new material is difficult and could take years. And might never happen. This is the only reason I suggest it; it is a dumb thing for fans to feel they have to do, but the end result might actually be the most attainable. Does that make sense?
@nickandnora
I just really don't believe there's another cut at all, and if there is it'll be erased from the archives of history. I think the fact that they pushed back the art book is kind of telling, but it could be telling for other reasons. Even if there is another cut (which, as I said, I don't believe at all) they're going to do everything in their power to ensure it never sees the light of day.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:15 pm

I'm actually recalling a movie that retconned another in a similar big franchise: X-Men Days of Future Past retconning the unpopular X-Men The Last Stand. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:16 pm

rawpowah wrote:They should develop a cartoon series or animated film where Rey goes on a journey and brings Ben back. You don't even need to have the same actors voice them.
@rawpowah

that's will be really cool to see , or a tv series just like the mandalorian. I want to see again Adam and Daisy. !!!! I would also settle for the alternative ending. All to see him again. I know that he is still alive, he lives inside Rey but it is not enough ....
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:16 pm

Lily Snape wrote:

@Lily Snape

did they, though? Got what they wanted, I mean ? The few fans who liked this movie seemed to be the more "casual and reasonable" type - not the "angry fanboys". 90% seemed to either really dislike it or be like "meh" about it.

And after the shock about all those leaks being true and people who's opinion I really value disliking it, I feel almost bad for everyone involved.
The cast, the creators even LF and Disney.

How? Why? Why didn't anyone intervene ? KK proved to be vicious to fire people even in the middle of production if something didn't work- how come she didn't see this coming? I'm just so confused.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
rawpowah wrote:They should develop a cartoon series or animated film where Rey goes on a journey and brings Ben back. You don't even need to have the same actors voice them.
@rawpowah

that's will be really cool to see , or a tv series just like the mandalorian. I want to see again Adam and Daisy. !!!! I would also settle for the alternative ending. All to see him again. I know that he is still alive, he lives inside Rey but it is not enough ....
@Teo oswald

Yeah, for me I wouldn't be relieved if he only returned in a comic or book, because Disney can release a movie that essentially ignores that (like what happened with Poe's background from what I understand). Not to mention the fact that few fans actually read these things. It needs to be something that cannot be brushed aside.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:33 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
nickandnora wrote:@Lily Snape

@nickandnora
I just really don't believe there's another cut at all, and if there is it'll be erased from the archives of history. I think the fact that they pushed back the art book is kind of telling, but it could be telling for other reasons. Even if there is another cut (which, as I said, I don't believe at all) they're going to do everything in their power to ensure it never sees the light of day.
@FrolickingFizzgig
Sure. Unless someone who has the footage either has a conscience and/or a desire to not actually tear everything to the ground (in spite of everything, I still think J.J. has good in him, lol... god, this is sounding so meta) and/or (the more likely option) they are hanging onto it because they think they might possibly be able to use it for financial gain (on special editions or whatever) in the future. If it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist. But I'm currently unconvinced for some reason. Trust me: I wish I was as certain as you, because I'd rather not be dealing with these BS thoughts this close to Christmas, lol.

I might draft something up that kind of outlines what this would entail. It would be like a step by step process that would first and foremost bring people together to talk about what the films meant to them before this finale, what is bothering them about said finale, etc. I've seen lots of lovely critiques being written on twitter already; maybe there needs to be a centralized place to put them. Then EXAMINE if this idea that there are any other scenes has any basis. If not, move on. It will be easier after going through steps A and B. But if so: move forward.

I just think people should have a better centralized outlet, that has some semblance of a tentative goal (a reddit board, a twitter account, all under the same name for instance). If it fails, oh well. No one is any worse off than we are now. Everyone is doing Steps A and B all over the place already anyway - might as well focus it is all I'm saying.

Again, I actually hope you are the one who is right. Just want to make that clear.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:35 pm

If someone wants to know my honest opinion: the "Rey, Rey Skywalker" finale was planned early and became the main reason for Ben's death, sarcificing even Rey's personal arc as a hero that is always getting what he/she was looking for. They shot in the desert in November and wrapped that month. Driver was there only for few days and Daisy said that "emotional" scene was the last scene they shot. Ben wasn't planned to be there in flesh at least. The production wrapped whole shooting in February.

I believe that there was a variant of last scene with trio. As JP at first reported. And John then said that he heard that they've changed things and he looked like he is not satisfied.

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews - Page 7 Dzejn910

They chose dumb hollow Rey with BB-8 on Tatooine because it's less bizarre after Rey, main lead who was tired of being alone and was looking for her belonging, just lose her soulmate and can't even cry about this.

I also believe that Driver said about having lines because he either did have lines after he brings Rey to life or because he was doing also pickups in the last day.

Although it totally looks like Matt Smith was in the movie. People saw him on the set and he was in completed costume so it was principal shooting. The source that brought this Dagger/Son storyline in first place as leaks was legit sometime ago but had a lot of misses last years and he absolutely hates Rian Johnson.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:44 pm

@special_cases
Yes, the narrative all adds up in my opinion. Terrio and Abrams were always going to kill off Ben in exactly the way they did. The story just tells me that and the filming rumours make make it obvious too. That said, there were definitely alternate endings (particularly the ending with the gang on Tatooine) because we have multiple accounts and references to it from leaks and the cast. The movie was so cut and downsized that it's not surprising at all to imagine there are much longer versions of a lot of scenes and that whole reveals and arcs and explanations of lore were cut, probably at the last minute during the summer.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:51 pm

How can someone hate RJ? He's such a sweetheart. Adds a lot more to JJ's hautiness.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 22 Dec 2019, 2:58 pm

special_cases wrote:If someone wants to know my honest opinion: the "Rey, Rey Skywalker" finale was planned early and became the main reason for Ben's death, sarcificing even Rey's personal arc as a hero that is always getting what he/she was looking for. They shot in the desert in November and wrapped that month. Driver was there only for few days and Daisy said that "emotional" scene was the last scene they shot. Ben wasn't planned to be there in flesh at least. The production wrapped whole shooting in February.

I believe that there was a variant of last scene with trio. As JP at first reported. And John then said that he heard that they've changed things and he looked like he is not satisfied.

The Rise of Skywalker: Professional Reviews - Page 7 Dzejn910

They chose dumb hollow Rey with BB-8 on Tatooine because it's less bizarre after Rey, main lead who was tired of being alone and was looking for her belonging, just lose her soulmate and can't even cry about this.

I also believe that Driver said about having lines because he either did have lines after he brings Rey to life or because he was doing also pickups in the last day.

Although it totally looks like Matt Smith was in the movie. People saw him on the set and he was in completed costume so it was principal shooting. The source that brought this Dagger/Son storyline in first place as leaks was legit sometime ago but had a lot of misses last years and he absolutely hates Rian Johnson.
@special_cases

Yes, this makes sense. I tried not to be negative, but when they started the whole hype about the trio (posting this pic) I knew something was wrong, and then the leaks... Ugh. I tried to be positive, but it was hard. At least we didn't have the trio in the Tatooine selfie.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:42 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, why did they push back that book? I got the notification today. 4 months! There’s apparently a lot to rectify. I am considering cancelling the order because at this stage, I do not want any TRoS stuff especially if they are removing the juicy stuff. I feel bad for the author.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:44 pm

special_cases wrote:If someone wants to know my honest opinion: the "Rey, Rey Skywalker" finale was planned early and became the main reason for Ben's death, sarcificing even Rey's personal arc as a hero that is always getting what he/she was looking for. They shot in the desert in November and wrapped that month. Driver was there only for few days and Daisy said that "emotional" scene was the last scene they shot. Ben wasn't planned to be there in flesh at least. The production wrapped whole shooting in February.
@special_cases

Yeah I think the same. Rey Skywalker is not just a storytelling decision, it’s so transparently a business decision as well and was hardly taken lightly.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sun 22 Dec 2019, 3:54 pm

Saracene wrote:

What are we talking about though, wrapping on location in (wherever they were filming in the desert), or wrapping at Pinewood? That's the tricky thing here. The desert scenes likely took place in BOTH. And then who knows what combination of shots they took.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 22 Dec 2019, 4:11 pm

nickandnora wrote:
Saracene wrote:

What are we talking about though, wrapping on location in (wherever they were filming in the desert), or wrapping at Pinewood? That's the tricky thing here. The desert scenes likely took place in BOTH. And then who knows what combination of shots they took.

@nickandnora

Adam left Jordan few days before shooting wrapped. Daisy said that the last shot was closer to twilight and the crew were "stunned". It matches Rey Skywalker scene because wide shot when she tells her name is closer to twilight. The shots where she is sliding in sand and finds a home could have been done in Pinewood.

I mean, perhaps they shot something with Driver in Pinewood as on Tatooine but we also know that he was in blood in his last shooting day. Can't imagine Ben being in blood in last shot on Tatooine, in flesh or like Force Ghost.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next