Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official TROS Spoilers discussion

+42
Saracene
Darth Snoopy
motherofpearl1
cherrylipstick
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
madeinmn
roguepixie
Angharad
SanghaRen
Kessel
MindAndMagic
MaddieDove
Darth Dementor
DeeBee
Birdwoman
TheLastJedi
Reynak
rey09
Darth_marshmallow
SW_Heroine_Journey
Nyx
Kylo Rey
Geralt_Riv
Annwyn
Dar-ren19
Cowgirlsamurai
Lily Snape
KiraRen2015
Mana
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
californiagirl
snufkin
BB-Rey
Atenais
special_cases
reylo1992
OrionStars
Mila95
Piper Maru
Moonjump05
46 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Mar 2020, 5:25 am

MaddieDove wrote:In that case, why are we so focused on Ben coming back? Rey can die pretty soon too, and they'll be reunited forever... Twisted Evil
@MaddieDove

YES! Iron Man could snap her out of existence for stealing his line! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 02 Mar 2020, 6:18 am

vaderito wrote:
MaddieDove wrote:In that case, why are we so focused on Ben coming back? Rey can die pretty soon too, and they'll be reunited forever... Twisted Evil
@MaddieDove

Well, she stole everything else
Luke's home (what was left of it)
Luke's X Wing
Han's ship
Anakin's lightsabre
Leia's lightsabre
Ben's relationship with his parents
Ben's relationship with his uncle
Ben's title as the last Skywalker
Ben's life
Our patience.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Mar 2020, 7:53 am

Out patience lol!

Wonder Woman and Harry Potter
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 02 Mar 2020, 8:36 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@MaddieDove

Well, she stole everything else
Luke's home (what was left of it)
Luke's X Wing
Han's ship
Anakin's lightsabre
Leia's lightsabre
Ben's relationship with his parents
Ben's relationship with his uncle
Ben's title as the last Skywalker
Ben's life
Our patience.
@motherofpearl1

Not stealing..... scavenging! Wink
Haaaaa
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 02 Mar 2020, 11:33 pm

I can't help but think that although it's funny, it's also rather sad that TROS has made Rey so unlikeable......the novel, with its 'kiss of gratitude' and 'she will not mourn Kylo Ren' has only made it worse. I also read that the makers of Mulan have altered the romantic relationship because they are worried about upsetting #metoo.
What on earth is wrong with them - #metoo was launched to protect vulnerable women from sexual predators, not to turn women into weird sexless creatures who see romance as toxic!

It doesn't help matters that the REAL abuse victim in the ST was Ben. The novel only emphasises the psychological damage done to him, that left him feeling worthless and unlovable and Rey 'refusimg to love Kylo Ren' leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
Who is she to judge?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 02 Mar 2020, 11:54 pm

What? As a woman, we can't have love? This trend is so ridiculous.
My daughter saw the trailer for Mulan and said she didn't want to see it. Why is Disney ruining everything with these live action movies. She is not a fan of them. She loves the animation version.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 03 Mar 2020, 12:10 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I can't help but think that although it's funny, it's also rather sad that TROS has made Rey so unlikeable......the novel, with its 'kiss of gratitude' and 'she will not mourn Kylo Ren' has only made it worse. I also read that the makers of Mulan have altered the romantic relationship because they are worried about upsetting #metoo.
What on earth is wrong with them - #metoo was launched to protect vulnerable women from sexual predators, not to turn women into weird sexless creatures who see romance as toxic!

It doesn't help matters that the REAL abuse victim in the ST was Ben. The novel only emphasises the psychological damage done to him, that left him feeling worthless and unlovable and Rey 'refusimg to love Kylo Ren' leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
Who is she to judge?
@motherofpearl1

I’ve only read excepts, but I assumed that meant she wouldn’t love Kylo Ren— but she would love Ben.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 2:11 am

I know - but they're the same person. Kylo is simply the shield he put around himself. In BATB, Belle learned to love the Beast before she met the Prince - in fact, it was her love for the Beast that brought back the Prince.

When you love someone, it must be conditional. Kylo/ Ben didn't care that Rey was a descendant of a man far more evil than his grandfather. He never once told her he hated her for scarring his face and body. And, clumsy though his proposal was in TLJ, he made it very plain that although at the time he believed she was a 'nobody' she wasn't to him.
Kylo was willing to accept Rey for everything she was, including the not - so - nice parts.
Rey refused to give him the same in return. JJ and CT think that makes her a strong, admirable woman.
For me at least, it just makes her a holier than though prig.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 03 Mar 2020, 5:02 am

That sentence was so unnecessary. That is, it is sad that the writer thought it was necessary.

I'm sure there were ways to convey the sense of relief that Ben freed himself of that burden, that there's hope for every bad and tormented person that they could change their ways and find understanding, even love, with the acknowledgement that the rehabilitation process is long but possible. Rey could mourn Kylo who struggled, and finally got to his destination, only to be cut short. Kylo who told her she was not alone. Bad guy who was hers, with whom she fought, for his and her soul, and who finally changed and gave her everything. We would expect the moment to be the pinnacle of her compassionate nature, which had made the character of Rey so endearing (at least we wanted her to be).

But no. The character, as written by the author, had to be obnoxiously morally upright, even in the tragic moment of the last Skywalker's death.

Sorry, RC, you contributed to Rey's character's assassination too, joining the club of screenwriters who simply don't understand what the core of SW is.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Mar 2020, 5:16 am

Another assexual Nu Disney heroine. She can't feel love even when she lustfully kisses her soulmate. It's only gratitude. remember that next time you suck the face of whoever you are thanking.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Mar 2020, 7:49 am

MaddieDove wrote:That sentence was so unnecessary. That is, it is sad that the writer thought it was necessary.

I'm sure there were ways to convey the sense of relief that Ben freed himself of that burden, that there's hope for every bad and tormented person that they could change their ways and find understanding, even love, with the acknowledgement that the rehabilitation process is long but possible. Rey could mourn Kylo who struggled, and finally got to his destination, only to be cut short. Kylo who told her she was not alone. Bad guy who was hers, with whom she fought, for his and her soul, and who finally changed and gave her everything. We would expect the moment to be the pinnacle of her compassionate nature, which had made the character of Rey so endearing (at least we wanted her to be).

But no. The character, as written by the author, had to be obnoxiously morally upright, even in the tragic moment of the last Skywalker's death.

Sorry, RC, you contributed to Rey's character's assassination too, joining the club of screenwriters who simply don't understand what the core of SW is.
@MaddieDove

I couldn't have said things better. That sentence was so unnecessary and it made Rey looks like an unfeeling and unkind person. For me, too, I loved her compassionate nature, the same Rey who went to Supremacy to try and turn Kylo. Kylo and Ben aren't different people, they are the same and she knew that, she started (at least I guessed) to love Kylo because she saw Ben in him. But to take her compassionate feelings of her, wow, that's amazingly awful.

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 03 Mar 2020, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:29 am

The worst thing for me is it was Rey's compassion that endeared her to me. I always liked that scene in TFA when Unkar Plutt offered her more food and water she'd ever had in her young life in exchange for BB. And she turned him down.
I also liked how she was shown as flawed - she lost her temper when fighting Kylo, and the look of shock on her face when she saw the extent of the damage she'd left on him was another thing I liked about her.

I mourn that Rey.
That Rey would have mourned Kylo Ren.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:39 am

The "kiss of gratitude" is bad like that:

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 19 Kiss10

The novelization of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker confirms the kiss between Rey and Ben Solo wasn't intended as romantic.

It's not quite the connection many viewers wanted to see; many fans had hoped for a romance between Rey and Kylo Ren. The kiss in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker felt like Lucasfilm tossing them a bone.

In a surprising twist, Rae Carson's novelization of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker subtly attempts to walk back on that.

The scene is distinctly odd; how many people share a lingering kiss out of gratitude? It fits, however, with comments from director J.J. Abrams, who seems to have been hedging his bets as to whether or not the kiss should be considered romantic.

The case of Rey and Ben Solo is even more ironic, however, because the kiss was actually one of the least controversial elements of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

That's just great. I thought I couldn't dislike TROS more. I was wrong.

Source: screenrant
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:44 am

I love that last quote. Disney jumps the shark again and turns something that wasn't controversial into a cotnroversy because they expected controversy. And yet controversy happened where they didn't expect it. Again. when it comes to SW, they truly lost any touch with fandom. What they thought would be divisive, wasn't. What they thought would be safe, was divisive. Epic fail.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

Also, LOL at that:

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 19 Clone10

More than a clone, less than a man’. *facepalm*
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 8:56 am

Atenais wrote:The "kiss of gratitude" is bad like that:

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 19 Kiss10

The novelization of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker confirms the kiss between Rey and Ben Solo wasn't intended as romantic.

It's not quite the connection many viewers wanted to see; many fans had hoped for a romance between Rey and Kylo Ren. The kiss in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker felt like Lucasfilm tossing them a bone.

In a surprising twist, Rae Carson's novelization of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker subtly attempts to walk back on that.

The scene is distinctly odd; how many people share a lingering kiss out of gratitude? It fits, however, with comments from director J.J. Abrams, who seems to have been hedging his bets as to whether or not the kiss should be considered romantic.

The case of Rey and Ben Solo is even more ironic, however, because the kiss was actually one of the least controversial elements of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

That's just great. I thought I couldn't dislike TROS more. I was wrong.

Source: screenrant

This.

All I can say is:
ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS?!
I'm asexual but even I could see that was a romantic kiss. This c*** is just to appease idiots like the jerk from CBR who are firmly convinced Reylo is an abusive ship, and think the #metoo campaign is really there to turn women into freaks that despise all men and see their function as nothing but sperm donors.
Okay JJ you jerk.....why the **** did you even let them kiss? Maybe it's because even you could see that having Ben give his life essence for Rey and in return she doesn't even say 'thanks' was a bit much - even the most forgiving Rey Stan's would balk at that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:10 am

"more than a clone, less than a man" was reported in JP leak.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:16 am

I feel sorry for Ian, another great actor wasted.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:16 am

So what's stopping him from becoming a clone again?I'm not really getting why now he's supposed to be defeated for good if he wasn't before.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:29 am

I love how everyone on twitter is making fun of Clone!Palpatine and the Not-Romantic-Kiss-On-The-Mouth.

Clone!Palpatine is truly a joke and undermines not only TROS, but Rey's entire arc, the Skywalker family sacrifices, and the ST itself Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:32 am

That's exactly it, isn't it?

When I heard Palps was back I honestly thought it would be as a creepy spirit that was possessing Matt Smith. I also remember the leak which said Kylo dies and is brought back by the FGs of Luke and Anakin.

How I wish they'd gone that road instead.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:41 am

The Rise of Messwalker is a gift that keeps on giving. Every single attempt at damage control resulted in enormous damage will as many collaterals as you can get.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 03 Mar 2020, 10:09 am

Maybe this movie is a comedy and I wasn't aware of it... This would change my perspective and I could enjoy the movie better. LOL
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 03 Mar 2020, 10:40 am

The Comedy of Errors....

I see the 'reylo kiss revoked by Disney' is currently doing the rounds on YouTube.

Which begs the question -
If that's simp!y how people say goodbye, then how do you explain....this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-JgJmEzwF4

And this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLhewjIIJA

And of course....
This https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TL7eXSlHEpQ

What're you smokin' DLF?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Tue 03 Mar 2020, 10:43 am

The gratitude kiss really bothers me. It's male-focused films in which the gratitude kiss exists. A woman's kiss is seen as a reward, and sometimes an obligation, as though if a man does something to help her she's obligated to pay him in sex. This of course leads to male rage in some stories when she doesn't want to give her body as a 'thank you.' If Rey kisses Ben just as a reward with no feelings for him, it feels very similar. What's worse, is in the TROS book this kiss-as-reward is from Ben's point of view. I don't like thinking of kisses or sex as rewards.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next