Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

+69
Teo oswald
californiagirl
RosiePancake
Mila95
Starliteprism
nickandnora
Dar-ren19
Night Huntress
MyOnlyHope
rey09
rawpowah
special_cases
ReyofLightSide
nemapasara
Macha Ren
soulluos
MrsWindu
LadyHa
SkyStar
Birdwoman
AceofWands
Millicent the Cat
Tex
motherofpearl1
Kylo Men
Irina de France
BigDeal2187
Helix
Darth_Awakened
Kyla Ren
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
Xylo Ren
panki
Reylo Lemon
adamdrivershair
Rimfaxe96
Piper Maru
EchoBase
spacebaby45678
Blood Moon
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
CienaRee
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
BenOrgana
Kylo Rey
TheLastJedi
guardienne
kroi
BenRey
Darth Dementor
Rogue Rey
Saracene
Kylo Ren
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
vaderito
BastilaBey
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
Force22
73 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

Post by Saracene Fri 13 May 2016, 4:08 am

Hopefully Trevorrow will have too many people looking over his shoulder to stuff up, but still, the importance of the director cannot be underestimated. No matter how good the story is that someone else has written, it does come down to the execution, which is primarily the director's job. I wish there was more to say for Jurassic World than, it wasn't terrible.

I hated the way Bryce Dallas Howard's character was treated in that movie BTW. It's like she couldn't get through a single scene at the start of the movie without another character lecturing or shaming her for something, or acting like a cartoonish career woman. And I'm not against the “career person with no soul learns to care for others and appreciate the family” trope, but I got no sense that Claire and her nephews formed any real bond or got to know each other better by the end of the film. No, it's all about them hero-worshipping Chris Pratt's character, and Claire gets to redeem herself because she finally recognises his sheer awesomeness and dreams of having his babies by the end. Basically everything in the film is about propping up his awesomeness.

I had no problem with her running in heels all the time though. Whether it's realistic is debatable, but she was never hindered by them and the movie never made fun of her choice by having her stumble around comically or lose her heel etc., which it easily could have done.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 16 May 2016, 6:37 pm

Sorry if this has already been said. But I wonder how much involvement Colin Trevorrow is already having with the trilogy? Rian had involvement with TFA and worked with JJ on some things so is Colin doing a similar thing with Rian now and how much involvement Rian and JJ are going to have with the third film. I know that JJ is EP for VIII.

I think it's a good idea for Colin to be involved already (if he's not - I assume he is) to get a feel for what he needs to do in respect to what they (JJ + Rian) are setting up for him in the third act.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 18 May 2016, 11:37 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Did Colin Trevorrow ever definitively say that Rey's parentage would be revealed in Ep 9? All I have seen regarding the matter is this interview and the written quotes that were taken from it. It could be inferred from what he says that he will be dealing with the reveal but has he discussed it anywhere else?

@Mrs Ben Solo
No, I don't think anybody ever said it outright. But why else get the Episode IX director to make this statement and not Rian? The insinuation seems to be that he'll be dealing with exactly how that part of the story is told, but we won't know until we see Episodes VIII/IX.
@FrolickingFizzgig

This. Luke was never intended to be Reys dad otherwise it would have been out right said in TFA. The story went out of its way to make Rey's past a big mystery so it would be poor writing to make it the most obvious candidate; everyone's first guess as soon as the movies over.

From a business standpoint Lucas Film will want to drag it out as long as possible. Episode VIII will give more clues, thus intensifying the lore of who her parents are and make an even bigger frenzy about it. Just by process of elimination Luke will be ruled out, definitely (even though Episode VII already did so).
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:39 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Have you seen Safety Not Guaranteed? It's a lovely little independent film he directed, set here in Seattle and nearby coastal town Ocean Shores, starring Aubrey Plaza from Parks and Rec. I recommend giving that a watch if you're really concerned.

I didn't love Jurassic World but am not too worried about episode IX. It sounds like Rian Johnson will still be involved, not sure about JJ but he might have some exec credit. Pablo's recent tweet about the story basically being all laid out for years ahead was reassuring, too. They won't be making huge changes on the fly, and I trust Kathleen Kennedy too.
@BastilaBey

Has anyone else other than @BastilaBey and @snufkin seen Safety Not Guaranteed?

I just watched it for the first time today, and I found it to be a very sweet and funny movie. I have not seen Jurassic World yet, but the female lead in Safety (Aubrey Plaza) didn't have any of the issues that I've seen people concerned about with the female lead from JW. Safety is definitely worth checking out.

Based on our speculation for the ST, I thought that there were also a number of themes/potential plotlines that I could seen Safety having in common with the ST/Episode IX:

spoilers:

Has anyone else seen this movie? Thoughts?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 16 Feb 2017, 12:35 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Have you seen Safety Not Guaranteed? It's a lovely little independent film he directed, set here in Seattle and nearby coastal town Ocean Shores, starring Aubrey Plaza from Parks and Rec. I recommend giving that a watch if you're really concerned.

I didn't love Jurassic World but am not too worried about episode IX. It sounds like Rian Johnson will still be involved, not sure about JJ but he might have some exec credit. Pablo's recent tweet about the story basically being all laid out for years ahead was reassuring, too. They won't be making huge changes on the fly, and I trust Kathleen Kennedy too.
@BastilaBey

Has anyone else other than @BastilaBey and @snufkin seen Safety Not Guaranteed?

I just watched it for the first time today, and I found it to be a very sweet and funny movie. I have not seen Jurassic World yet, but the female lead in Safety (Aubrey Plaza) didn't have any of the issues that I've seen people concerned about with the female lead from JW. Safety is definitely worth checking out.

Based on our speculation for the ST, I thought that there were also a number of themes/potential plotlines that I could seen Safety having in common with the ST/Episode IX:

spoilers:

Has anyone else seen this movie? Thoughts?
@ISeeAnIsland

Wow! I am pretty sure I read that KK picked Trevorrow for Safety Not Guaranteed, not Jurassic World.  In fact, KK's husband, Frank Marshall, produced Jurassic World if I am not mistaken.  I wonder if he got Jurassic World as a test over whether he could handle a big film or not because KK liked his vibe for SW? The timeline of hiring would have to be checked to see if a theory like that is even plausible ... but whoa, a lot of that seems very ST-ish.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:45 am

I know that Safety Not Guaranteed is generally well-regarded, but it's a small film and as a fellow blockbuster with big action set pieces etc. Jurassic World is probably much closer to Star Wars.

I guess if I could say anything good about JW is that at least it didn't feel like a soulless cynical cash grab. Badly written, yeah, but earnest in its intentions, at least.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Thu 16 Feb 2017, 5:42 am

Oh, I'm a big fan of the Jurassic Park franchise and I enjoyed Jurassic World Laughing

The writing is terrible, but the movie is SO MUCH FUN that makes you forget about the cringy dialogue and the crazy plot twists, and this is due the director's work. Since Rian will be involved in the writing for Episode IX, I'm not concerned about the story.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 16 Feb 2017, 8:12 am

snufkin wrote:Haven't seen any of the Jurassic World movies, but Safety Not Guaranteed was great and the lead was a young woman. So there's that. It seems like a no win situation TBH. There's already an insane amount of scrutiny taking on the franchise in the history of franchises, let alone one which has sparked a huge dialogue about women characters/representation in film (something we like to talk about here). The issue that did seem to come up with the comments in the press about how Ava DuVernay would be a great director for one of the movies. Although she's doing the adaption of A Wrinkle in Time, so that's exciting

The thing with directors like Trevorrow is that it's already not easy for women directors to get hired by studios here in the States. But the pipeline of going from doing directors small independent films to larger projects so far seems to be feasible if you're a male director, not so much if you're female. And the overall situation for women directors is so bad that there's a federal investigation happening:

Hollywood sexism probe ‘wide-ranging and well-resourced’, says ACLU
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/12/hollywood-sexism-probe-wide-ranging-well-resourced-aclu
in 2014, only 7% of the directors of the 250 top-grossing Hollywood-produced films were women – down 2% on the equivalent figure for 1998.

Yeah, but I don't see how Colin Trevorrow is responsible in any way of this "women do not get to direct large projects" issue unless he actively downgraded women to get the job, which I haven't heard of and we would not know for sure, anyway, because gossips are not always true. I have to say I dislike it when names are thrown in for issues that are due to a rotten system, not the people in question. Let's be honest, if the situation was reversed, would a woman pass on her dream job so that her deserving male counterpart gets it? And if she did, would the job really go to the deserving guy colleague or just another woman? The system has to change and making an example of one person is not changing the system. And I could also talk at length about how certain women in my company, which is primarily managed by white dudes, do everything they can to keep other women from getting promoted. So much for women helping each other out. As much as I agree with equality - I had myself to bear with a system that favors men to women -, I am not that sure that it's always what some women seek and I am therefore not rushing to jump in on the boat with them. And in the end there's also 2 reactions possible: standing there and complaining or going out there and work for the change. And btw, this rant is not against you. Just my thoughts reading things left and right.

I enjoyed Jurassic World. I watched it with my parents and they liked it too. I am not ashamed to say that I own the DVD and have watched it a few times already. It's a fun movie. Except for the death of the Indominus Rex which I find sad and always end up crying. Yes, I know, unbelievable, but for me Indominus Rex is like Frankenstein's monster, created by crazy heartless scientists and being punished for being what she was designed to be. I love the fact that Claire is so pulled together with her trendy haircut and city shoes. It's not realistic at all, but I don't care. I love the velociraptors tapping their claws on the ground in anticipation during the training. And all in all, I liked it that it was showing how consumerism and playing God can come back and bite you in the a***. So actually, it's not such an empty dumb movie in the end.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

Not sure if I should post here of in Filmtopic but let me know.

Colin directed a new movie called The Book Of Henry. Trailer is out today and a new poster. And the boy looks  a bit like little Anakin in the podrace, haha Cool

https://theplaylist.net/first-trailer-colin-trevorrows-book-henry-room-star-jacob-tremblay-20170330/
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Tue 16 May 2017, 8:18 pm

Blood Moon wrote:Not sure if I should post here of in Filmtopic but let me know.

Colin directed a new movie called The Book Of Henry. Trailer is out today and a new poster. And the boy looks  a bit like little Anakin in the podrace, haha Cool

https://theplaylist.net/first-trailer-colin-trevorrows-book-henry-room-star-jacob-tremblay-20170330/
@Blood Moon

Wow, sounds promising!

A single mother that's so incompetent that she needs help from her 11 year old son.
Cuz of course, no woman can do anything on her own. In the trailer they are already hinting on how she needs oooooh, a maaaaaaan!

Of course, she helps the neighbor, thanks to her 11 year old, cause, you know, even a small man is better than a woman.

Plus I get the feeling they are going to use sexual abuse just as an excuse for a thriller.

Fair enough Colin Trevorrow didn't write this s***, but he chose to direct it.

F U Trevorrow.

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 2 Vomit-Emoji-300x300

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 17 May 2017, 12:59 pm

Colin Trevorrow really scares me. He doesn't have a lot of films to his name as a director. I know he did Jurassic World, but I wasn't particularly blown away by that. Don't get me wrong it was a fun popcorn film. I just worry that if Rain really knocks it out of the park with TLJ will Colin be able to pick up those threads and give us a meaningful conclusion? We shall see I suppose. I don't want to be too critical of Colin because it seems like he really wants to get this right. Plus, if he mucks this up everyone will say that it was a fluke that Jurassic World did so well, which will probably make it harder for him to get future tent-pole films. I'm crossing my fingers that Rian delivers and makes it easy for Colin to come in and just tie up everything easily.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 17 May 2017, 2:45 pm

I really don't get all the concern over this guy directing episode 9. If he does somehow manage to f*ck it up Disney will step in to smooth out the wrinkles. He's a white man in Hollywood with a billion dollar film under his belt. He'll be just fine.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sat 20 May 2017, 10:34 am

Saracene wrote:I hated the way Bryce Dallas Howard's character was treated in that movie BTW. It's like she couldn't get through a single scene at the start of the movie without another character lecturing or shaming her for something, or acting like a cartoonish career woman. And I'm not against the “career person with no soul learns to care for others and appreciate the family” trope, but I got no sense that Claire and her nephews formed any real bond or got to know each other better by the end of the film. No, it's all about them hero-worshipping Chris Pratt's character, and Claire gets to redeem herself because she finally recognises his sheer awesomeness and dreams of having his babies by the end. Basically everything in the film is about propping up his awesomeness.
@Saracene

... and now replace Pratt's character with Kylo Ren and Claire with Rey. Reylo confirmed once again? Laughing

Maybe it'll be Johnson's job to introduce the idea of reylo to the GA and Trevorrow's job to make them like it by turning Kylo Ren into a golden boy aka Luke.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 20 May 2017, 11:55 am

I'm really curious if Laura Dern's character is a one-time appearance or if she'll be back in IX? Because one of the biggest knocks against Jurassic World's treatment of female characters was how starting with Dern in the first one, it was the women characters who were the central protagonists and didn't get the standard treatment you'd see in most blockbusters.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 02 Jun 2017, 12:04 pm

I mentioned this in a different part of the forum, but I figured here was a better place for discussion. Last night I rented Safety Not Guarenteed and wow - it's been a long time since I've been so wrapped up in something. I know we all have our uncertainties with Colin Trevorrow, but this helped put me at ease somewhat. I'm putting this in spoiler tags for those who want to see it:

Spoiler:

I highly recommend this movie, especially after such a bumpy ride last week.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Colin Trevorrow is doing the rounds on a press tour for his upcoming movie The Book of Henry (starring Jacob Tremblay) and he's been speaking about Carrie Fisher and Ep IX. Apparently, he never got to meet Carrie which makes me think he can't have made many visits to TLJ set, or he visited when she wasn't around. He also fudged an answer about how much of the script needed changing after Carrie's death.

She was a major character, that's not a secret. She really was. And it was extremely sad for all of us, mostly just because she was so loved by the Star Wars family and everyone that worked with her. I feel like our options are limited mostly by ourselves, in that there is only certain things that we are willing to do. But I can guarantee it will be handled with love and respect, and all of the soul that Carrie Fisher deserves.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1667019/how-colin-trevorrow-feels-about-making-star-wars-9-without-carrie-fisher

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:27 am

Hey there! Waves
I am new at the forum but I have been lurking for a long time!
Just wanted to share this  very recent Colin Trevorrow interview where he talks about making big budget films. He stresses the importance of including all type of emotions in these movies: fear, love, romance, hate, etc but doing it in a very authentic/real way so it appeals to a massive audience.

I do think there is hope for Reylo after all! Smile  Fingers crossed that Colin pulls through.

tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:46 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Colin Trevorrow is doing the rounds on a press tour for his upcoming movie The Book of Henry (starring Jacob Tremblay) and he's been speaking about Carrie Fisher and Ep IX. Apparently, he never got to meet Carrie which makes me think he can't have made many visits to TLJ set, or he visited when she wasn't around. He also fudged an answer about how much of the script needed changing after Carrie's death.

She was a major character, that's not a secret. She really was. And it was extremely sad for all of us, mostly just because she was so loved by the Star Wars family and everyone that worked with her. I feel like our options are limited mostly by ourselves, in that there is only certain things that we are willing to do. But I can guarantee it will be handled with love and respect, and all of the soul that Carrie Fisher deserves.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1667019/how-colin-trevorrow-feels-about-making-star-wars-9-without-carrie-fisher
@Mrs Ben Solo

On the topic of Jacob Tremblay...I won't be surprised if he plays a young Ben Solo in episode 9, considering he is such a big SW fan.

https://twitter.com/JacobTremblay/status/871143895068954625

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:58 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Colin does with ep. 09 after seeing all these interviews!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Tue 06 Jun 2017, 2:33 pm

Thanks to that cra cra 4chan rumor I saw this... Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 2 1496640957404 Very Happy
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

tukicarreno wrote:Hey there! Waves
I am new at the forum but I have been lurking for a long time!
Just wanted to share this  very recent Colin Trevorrow interview where he talks about making big budget films. He stresses the importance of including all type of emotions in these movies: fear, love, romance, hate, etc but doing it in a very authentic/real way so it appeals to a massive audience.

I do think there is hope for Reylo after all! Smile  Fingers crossed that Colin pulls through.

@tukicarreno

hello there! Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm

I'm really trying to be open-minded about CT and it's a shame he never got to meet Carrie Fisher when Leia's legacy is going to be in his hands. I mean nothing can erase what she's done to date, but I'd feel better about it if CT had met CF and got a sense of how she viewed Leia. Oh well, I guess CT is surrounded by people who did know her and will hopefully chime in if they think he's going off in the wrong direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 07 Jun 2017, 2:14 am

Oh, FFS! Even Fast and Furious moved on from Paul Walker after the tribute it F7, must every single movie from now on be about Leia/CF? TLJ should be enough, there are other characters who deserve to have emotional arcs and not be in the shadow of the event that couldn't have been controlled and should be resolved in one movie and then freakin move on! MLK, Kennedy and Gandhi combined didn't get so much tribute since they died, seriously, get over it.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:08 am

When discussing the marketing surrounding Carrie Fisher from Lucasfilm, please be considerate of others and know that not everyone here is over her passing. Her death affected many of us here, myself included, so please be respectful of that. Thank you.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next