Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

+69
Teo oswald
californiagirl
RosiePancake
Mila95
Starliteprism
nickandnora
Dar-ren19
Night Huntress
MyOnlyHope
rey09
rawpowah
special_cases
ReyofLightSide
nemapasara
Macha Ren
soulluos
MrsWindu
LadyHa
SkyStar
Birdwoman
AceofWands
Millicent the Cat
Tex
motherofpearl1
Kylo Men
Irina de France
BigDeal2187
Helix
Darth_Awakened
Kyla Ren
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Darth Rowan
Moonlight13
Xylo Ren
panki
Reylo Lemon
adamdrivershair
Rimfaxe96
Piper Maru
EchoBase
spacebaby45678
Blood Moon
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
CienaRee
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
BenOrgana
Kylo Rey
TheLastJedi
guardienne
kroi
BenRey
Darth Dementor
Rogue Rey
Saracene
Kylo Ren
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
vaderito
BastilaBey
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
Force22
73 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 25 Empty Re: Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 30 Jun 2018, 9:31 am

californiagirl wrote:
snufkin wrote:Also speaking of BTS dirt I'd love to hear, whatever the working relationship was between Rian and Colin. Because the former has been perpetually diplomatic but vague about the whole thing. Anybody else notice that his shout out to JW was specifically for Bayona and to recommend/praise El Orfanato (which is one of my favorite recent horror films)?
@snufkin

I too saw the tweets encouraging people to see JW because Bayona is great. Didn't bring them here because they didn't seem directly relevant. I've noticed much of the praise for this movie goes to Bayona's direction, while criticism goes to the script. And it's doing very well worldwide. I wonder if Bayona would do a SW movie.

I've also noticed that Rian never said a word about the content or quality of whatever Colin actually made, only that he would have a great amount of freedom as Rian did. As opposed to, you know, JJ saying the TLJ script was amazing and he wished he could direct it, and I swear I remember some video clip where Rian says that TFA was a great movie. And then pointing to the interrogation scene as the basis for the Rey-Kylo dynamic in TLJ. None of that going on here with IX. I wonder if Rian has seen JJ's script.

I've noticed LF seems to pretty keen on letting the directors and writers do what they do with the people they normally make films with. Rian had his producer, his editor, his cinematographer. JJ had his whole studio full of his usual collaborators behind him. And Colin had the guy he wrote JW with. I mean I'm all about letting artists work with who makes them comfortable, but really, what were they thinking? He also claims he doesn't know if BoH had anything to do with his firing.

Given just how salty and passive-aggressive Colin has seemed at times about his time working on SW, and the fact he loved TFA, I've gotten the impression he might not have liked the direction they went with. Meaning TLJ. I hope he wasn't angry with Rian, who is about the most mild-mannered person on earth. JJ was executive producer, and Kasdan has been around to oversee writing and editing, so did they get involved too? Are there hypothetically pictures of all these people in a room together? Will we ever actually know? As this series gets further along, I get more new questions than answers.
@californiagirl

It's not surprising that Rian gave a shout out to Bayona. The Orphanage is a fantastic film and A Monster Calls was heartwrenching too. I've seen a lot of people praising the direction for Fallen Kingdom yet simultaneously calling the script 'atrocious'. I've noticed that Rian has been quite diplomatic and vague with regards to Colin too. He's normally very effusive in his praise of something he likes. He clearly liked TFA a lot, always gives JJ credit for setting up the Reylo dynamic and has said several times that the interrogation scene formed the basis of his interpretation for their dynamic in TLJ. He also said he was pretty excited for IX and to see how it all ends. JJ has also spoken about Rian in very warm terms.

Then with Colin, RJ hasn't spoken about him too much and never actually come out and praised him. Compare that with JJ and Rian in the lead up to TFA. It's night and day. With Colin Trevorrow's salty passive-aggressiveness and unprofessional subtweeting of Rian on twitter (those tweets had to have been about him and TLJ), I'm getting a sense of jealousy tbh. One gets to have an entire trilogy and the other was fired. He seems to have ego problems (unlike Rian) and very different viewpoints with regards to Luke. I think they may have clashed.

I've also been wondering if Rian has seen the script for IX. JJ may have shown him if he wanted some ideas and his contribution for the story if for nothing else. They did have lunch together after all (would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation). He might have shown him the script as a courtesy if for nothing else, given he had a big role in shaping the characters for the important middle chapter going into the final film.

I'm not sure we'll ever get a pic of JJ, RJ and Colin in the same room or something but we'll probably have to wait until IX is out to get the BTS dirt. I'm not sure how much JJ would reveal but I'm definitely sure that Rian will open up a lot more about the process behind the ST, overall story etc. given how much he loves to talk about these things. They showed us footage of KMT and JB's chemistry test as well as having a documentary crew on set every day for TLJ (as well as confirming they have 1800 hours of raw footage) which means there is a ton of stuff that they are holding back.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX - Page 25 Empty Re: Colin Trevorrow Out for Episode IX

Post by californiagirl Thu 13 Jun 2019, 1:23 pm

I do love updating this thread, it's been so long. Nothing too salacious, just that theme parks are in development far longer than movies, so one of Colin's ships designs from his version of IX, the TIE Echelon, is in Galaxy's Edge. (I know Collider isn't great, but it's their exclusive story.) http://collider.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-colin-trevorrow-episode-9/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25