Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

+47
nickandnora
Moonlight13
YeeRees
guardienne
IoJovi
reylo1992
nemapasara
12 Parsnips
grimbergen
Forsythia
Lily Snape
Riri
californiagirl
rawpowah
orangedelamer
RosiePancake
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
adamdrivershair
DeeBee
thescavenger
ZioRen
Night Huntress
special_cases
rey09
lauvamp
Lamiller1390
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
SoloSideCousin
Slade
MindAndMagic
Darth Dementor
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
CienaRee
ZenBrainJam
Armadeus
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
vaderito
snufkin
51 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 01 Jul 2019, 3:11 pm

This is an interesting podcast Smile . It's about the reincarnation theory:
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Empty Re: So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?

Post by LadyGaufrette Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:41 am

More parallels between Padme and Rey with the new teaser.
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Amidala
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 GVg3FSz

Also I love how feminine Rey looks with this cloth.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 27 Aug 2019, 12:17 pm

Rey taking fashion cues from her Grandmother in Law Wink

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 81e7a2a9cb3819b692f492f818da216d5f06a256

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 941a467c701e8a92d2ba6c616ed5b3d2035caf36

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 28 Aug 2019, 3:09 am

Maybe this is another hint towards Rey as Padme's reincarnation.

In "Padme's Destiny", which plays during her funeral in ROTS, the Force Theme motif starts at the ~1:55 mark. Unlike other times it is used in the saga, it does not finish.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/cw5taj/in_padmes_destiny_which_plays_during_her_funeral/

It could mean that Padme's story was left unfinished in ROTS but with the help of the Force, she could have closure in TROS.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 28 Aug 2019, 6:18 am

Isnt it a bit cringe if she is a reincarnation of Ben's grandmother and they have a romance?

I get that their romance may be following the Path though?

Would be less cringe

Also if this is anidala, why are they both force sensitive with saber battles. That was not present in their romance.

Why is padme/rey holding a Darth  maul-like saber which envokes maul with his hood?

Why is there such a mish mash of looks with rey where she looks like every single OT and PT character?...why do they never just give her, her own identity? I mean, shes meant to be random right? Why not make her so?

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 7:06 am

Now that I see Dark Rey more clearly here her outfit does not look like Padme's maternity outfit with empire waist. Dark Rey's hood looks more like Palpatines hood.Light Rey's tros outfit, has a white hood like Leia in ANH and a brass belt like Obi Wan/Old Ben in ANH

Back in early 2016 "reverse Anidala" was just part of Ring theory in which the ST was reversing the PT. However, Wayward Jedi popularized the reincarnation version of "reverse Anidala" but that is a total crack theory and MISSESS the point of Ring Theory.

Anakin's ghost has been communing with Luke up until Ben went dark when Luke cut himself off from the force. So Ben is not a reincarnation of Anakin. So what's the point of having just Padme reincarnate as Rey to marry and sex her grandson?

The point of Ring theory was that succeeding generations would experience similar situations but make different choices.. hence the "reverse" is the different choice. But, you need people related to each other to highlight those differences to the audiences. This is a teaching tool George wanted to utilize in his Saga.

So Luke & Anakin have parallel journeys in the OT & PT, but Luke always makes better decisions than Anakin.

Even Zombie Dark Rey is not enough, Rey random should be making the choice or choosing the dark side for the metaphor to be effective. Anakin chose the deal with the devil to save his wife. Luke chooses light, Ben choose to become a Darkside warrior even if it was a choice he felt compelled to do because of his lineage and the shadow of Darth Vader over his life. It was still his choice.

What has Zombie Dark Rey chosen?

Rey Padme/Nobody/Kenobi I just want to see an active Rey not a reactive Rey
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 28 Aug 2019, 7:47 am

Reverse Anidala is not a crack theory. It's not about literal reincarnation.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 28 Aug 2019, 7:48 am

special_cases wrote:Reverse Anidala is not a crack theory. It's not about literal reincarnation.
@special_cases

So its about them mirroring the romance? I dont remember Padme being force sensitive and battling Anakin in every film with a light saber or them constantly being at odds/polar opposites of one another.

I see more of han and Leia than padme and anakin but that's just me.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 7:57 am

special_cases wrote:Reverse Anidala is not a crack theory. It's not about literal reincarnation.
@special_cases

Look, I was one of the original proponents of reverse Anidala, it started right here on this board 2016. Wayward Jedi, I listened to his YT when it was up, was proposing LITERAL reincarnation of both Padme and Anakin, in Rey & Ben.

Literal Reincarnation Anidala, is crack, especially now that it has been debunked, found dead in a grave in the Bahamas.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:08 am

Reverse Anidala as a Raison d'être for Rey's purpose or place in the ST is not better than tying her to a lineage in fact in MHO it is worse, there is no contrast there for her. Where is REY in reverse anidala, why should she care, it does not put her at the center as the protagonist of the Saga.

And originally, Reverse Anidala went along  hand in hand with Reverse Obikin as the ST was seeming to reverse the events of the PT from the outset of TFA.  This has been like a game of telephone where only half of the original Ring Theory analysis has been passed along in the Reylo fandom.

In TFA there is tons of reverse Obikin visuals and parallels and in fact in the D23 teaser there is more reverse Obikin,
in TLJ more reverse Obikin...  as @Gemini correctly identified this mirroring in a great Meta from 2016

Edit: My humble opinion is that some Rey Random proponents have globbed onto Reverse Anidala to give Rey a place in the story a meaning... but reverse Anidala only has meaning to Ben Solo, as the shadow of Vader and the Skywalker legacy is on his shoulders, and he needs to find a woman, marry her without killing her. That would be a reversal in ring theory.

Rey is a Kenobi who saves a Skywalker fallen to the dark... proper reversal.... Ben finds a wife and keeps her alive... proper reversal.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:33 am

This conversation doesn't need to be that hostile.

I don't care who was original source of this theory and why Wayward Jedi theory is bad in someone's opinion. Reverse Anidala never was only literal reincarnation and yeah, it's connected to Ring theories. I'm not sure I allowed to speak about it because maybe you assume that you invented Ring theory too and there is only one algorithm for it. But in my theory, reverse Anidala is exactly what is happening in ST and it doesn't need to be literal reincarnation of characters. And it rhymes because Kylo walks Anakin's journey in Padme's shoes and Rey walks Padme's journey in Anakin's shoes. Padme being not Force senstive is hardly putting a bullet in theory's head. To declare that whole speculation is dead because you don't like Literal Reincarnation by one theorist is the same as to declare that Reylo is crack theory because Rey and Kylo didn't marry in TLJ or won't marry in TROS.

Last edited by special_cases on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:43 am

special_cases wrote:This conversation doesn't need to be that hostile.

I don't care who was original source of this theory and why Wayward Jedi theory is bad in someone's opinion. Reverse Anidala never was only literal reincarnation and yeah, it's connected to Ring theories. I'm not sure I allowed to speak about it because maybe you assume that you invented Ring theory too and there is only one algorithm for it. But in my theory, reverse Anidala is exactly what is happening in ST and it doesn't need to be literal reincarnation of characters. And it rhymes because Kylo walks Anakin's journey in Padme's shoes and Rey walks Padme's journey in Anakin's shoes. Padme being not Force senstive is hardly putting a bullet in theory's head. To declare that whole speculation is dead because you don't like Literal Reincarnation by one theorist is the same as to declare that Reylo is crack theory because Rey and Kylo didn't married on TLJ or won't marry in TROS.
@special_cases

I have never claimed to invent Ring theory Laughing Laughing nor was I being hostile.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:46 am

No one has claimed to have invented ring theory?

I distinctly remember Spacebaby being one of the first to bring it into discussion way back in early 2016 but no one has claimed it?

Anyhow, I'm bowing out.

I think they could be on reverse anidala path but am tired of the mish mash of rey identities thanks to JJ and RJ making her look like everyone except her own person.

Shes meant to be random but they have failed and made her like han, obi, padme, Leia, Luke, Darth Maul, Palpatine ....kylo lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 28 Aug 2019, 9:35 am

Hey for a second I thought I was on force dot net!

Anyway, the way I see 'Reverse Anidala' is that in the PT, there was this romance that was under all kinds of pressure from both the Jedi dogma and the war and manipulations of the Sith. The love did not save them, Anakin became disfigured and twisted, Padme died, and the galaxy plunged into darkness.

Now, in the ST, we have a love connection also under a lot of pressure. They are on opposite sides of a war. He is compromised morally but also damaged by betrayal. She's lived her life alone, seeking belonging, experienced in surviving but not in trusting others.

So this time, maybe love has another chance. This time, the love moves toward togetherness, understanding, and fulfills the potential. This love succeeds where Padme and Anakin's failed, and in doing so sets the galaxy right again.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 10:11 am

fuhry wrote:Hey for a second I thought I was on force dot net!

Anyway, the way I see 'Reverse Anidala' is that in the PT, there was this romance that was under all kinds of pressure from both the Jedi dogma and the war and manipulations of the Sith. The love did not save them, Anakin became disfigured and twisted, Padme died, and the galaxy plunged into darkness.

Now, in the ST, we have a love connection also under a lot of pressure. They are on opposite sides of a war. He is compromised morally but also damaged by betrayal. She's lived her life alone, seeking belonging, experienced in surviving but not in trusting others.

So this time, maybe love has another chance. This time, the love moves toward togetherness, understanding, and fulfills the potential. This love succeeds where Padme and Anakin's failed, and in doing so sets the galaxy right again.
@fuhry

This is beautiful.. it is like poetry
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 28 Aug 2019, 10:27 am

Guys, I don't think Rey is Padme's reincarnation. I think Ben and Rey are opposites of the same ideology (democratization or dictatorship) as Padme and Anakin were, but like them they love each other. But I expect a reverse path.

Padmé did not want Anakin to express his love publicly, because this would have led the exclusion of Anakin from the Jedi order and her exclusion from the Senate.

Anakin, perhaps, would have screwed up everything to stay with her, but she (Padme) wanted to oppose politically to save the Galaxy (with her ideas) and hoped to resolve the situation. She put politics before love and lost everything.

Anakin put fear before love and lost everything.

Luke set the jedi rules before love and lost everything.

Leia chose politics, to the point of denying everyone, even Ben Solo (Bloodline) that Vader was her father, because she wanted to be elected to Senate (Bloodline). So she put politics before love and lost everything.

Han thought he wasn't up to the Force, he didn't understand her and wanted his freedom. So he put misunderstanding before love and lost everything.

As for the item loss, we understand ....

The opposite of loss is to find oneself again. The two halves must go beyond their choices (their ideas) and choose disinterested love for the other, beyond all their convictions.

As I said in the post of the spoilers, in my opinion, love is the answer that George Lucas wanted to say in this saga. Eventually GL wrote SW as a fantasy drama to oppose the war in Vietnam.

And the philosophy of those years said: "make love not war".

In this I see a Reverse Anidala.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 28 Aug 2019, 10:48 am

Didn’t know where to put this but as this is a Padme /Anakin thread thought it made sense . So putting this here. Charles soule ( Vader comics soon to be Rise of kylo Ren comics said that Ben Solo’s story is tragic and the shadow of Vader overpowers everything ( tweet has been posted already here i think in tweets section ). It’s interesting too that it’s the 9th iteration of the castle and has to be , not the 10th because he says there will be no tenth .See below to possible meanings . Also had a look at dark empire plot too from dark horse comics and found something very interesting that sounds very phantom like Anyway have a look below .
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 C31c5b10
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Dfc5dd10
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 505cb310

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 4a5d1110

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 23a82710
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 54e82e10
So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Ca6d3d10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 28 Aug 2019, 3:59 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Rey taking fashion cues from her Grandmother in Law Wink

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 81e7a2a9cb3819b692f492f818da216d5f06a256

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 941a467c701e8a92d2ba6c616ed5b3d2035caf36

@Teo oswald

Not to mention her future Mother In Law.  As well as the same tactic of bickering and going back and forth with her intended fella.

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Han-an10

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 60PaWYq

Last edited by Darth Dementor on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 28 Aug 2019, 4:08 pm

@Darth Dementor

ahahah there will be no quarrels but only quarrels with the lightsabers between Rey and Ben/kylo Ren !!and then kisses .
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 28 Aug 2019, 9:04 pm

IDK think they need to be literally re-incarnated. Just that Leia goes through the reconciliation/closure she never had with her biological father through her son while Ben goes through the arc his grandfather went in reverse, "making things right" to resolve the original traumas in the family of a mother/son seperation and a love affair gone tragically wrong. At best, Rey's resemblance to Padme is superficial. Their main thing in common is having a grandfather and a grandson in love with them.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Thu 29 Aug 2019, 12:50 am

Gemini wrote:
@special_cases

So its about them mirroring the romance? I dont remember Padme being force sensitive and battling Anakin in every film with a light saber or them constantly being at odds/polar opposites of one another.

I see more of han and Leia than padme and anakin but that's just me.
@Gemini

I thought of it as finishing what Anakin started— saving the life of the woman he loves, doing some good in the world— the things Anakin intended to do before he fell. There’s a reverse Anidala meme that shows photos of the life of Anakin with the comment “He loved the girl until he wanted the power,” and Kylo on the other side with the comment “He wanted the power until he loved the girl.” And THAT in a nutshell is reverse Anidala.

Which I think will happen, obviously. When Kylo says in TFA that he will finish what his grandfather started, he presumably means bringing order to the Galaxy through the Empire-like structure of the FO. What Anakin actually wanted to do was save Padme, and I think Kylo will finish what Anakin started in two main ways that he’s not yet aware of:

1) Finishing Palpatine for good.
2) Saving the woman he loves (from death, from the Dark side, all of the above.)

Just my two cents, anyway. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 29 Aug 2019, 2:08 am

Canon... Kylo wanted to kill the last of the jedi, fulfilling his grandfather's legacy.. finish what he started during order66

So what is "Reverse Anidala" and how do you see it playing out in the next two movies?  - Page 8 Tumblr_pwzl37HObi1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 20 Sep 2019, 5:52 am

So does Wayward Jedi still believe in his reincarnation version of Reverse Anidala? scratch Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 20 Sep 2019, 7:45 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:So does Wayward Jedi still believe in his reincarnation version of Reverse Anidala? scratch Confus
@spacebaby45678

Wait, he is back?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 20 Sep 2019, 7:57 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:So does Wayward Jedi still believe in his reincarnation version of Reverse Anidala? scratch Confus
@spacebaby45678

Wait, he is back?

In a sense yes... best go check out his drop
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next