Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+88
giaciak2
Moonlight13
Lucina
Let The Past Die
twilekempire
Darth Rowan
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
adamdrivershair
Darth_marshmallow
Darth Dementor
KnightsofReyloRen
IoJovi
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Starliteprism
KnightsofReylo_2015
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
snufkin
BB-Rey
TheLastJedi
Irina de France
Teo oswald
Birdwoman
SkyStar
AcrosstheStars
BigDeal2187
BenRey
SanghaRen
Kylo Rey
whisperingwillow
special_cases
MyOnlyHope
Socialnole
unicorn
LadyHa
Lily Snape
Jozie
californiagirl
anneb
Ynqve
Chained Prometheus
Man Without A Star
Cowgirlsamurai
lauvamp
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Piper Maru
Gemlake
jakkusun
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
kroi
rey09
Little_Boots
nite0wl29
panki
reylo1992
SoloSideCousin
Kylo Men
Anakin Skywalker
Moonjump05
Forsythia
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
fuhry
Rei of Sunshine
Reylo Lemon
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
DarthRen
Tex
shii405
Night Huntress
Chris24601
CienaRee
ZioRen
rawpowah
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
cherrylipstick
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
92 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:39 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:So this post could probably fit in a lot of threads, but since we didn't see any implications of this decision in TLJ, maybe we will see them in IX?

Okay, so remember when Rian supposedly had Claudia Grey include the Napkin Bombing part in Bloodline? In the end I think we just thought a random Twilek server did it because she was probably with the FO. (I need to reread that part). But what if that was a red herring?

Bloodline made a big deal about how no one handwrote anymore, except on places like Ryloth. So it was easy to look at the Twilek.

But now we know that Ben Solo writes too with his calligraphy. Also, we know that it took a long time for the news of the Temple meltdown to get out to the outside galaxy.  Then add in how young Ben looked and how JJ wanted to make a KoR movie ...and suddenly it becomes possible that Ben had broken away from Luke quite a while before the Vader reveal.

So I am wondering, would the circumstances actually make it possible that Ben was warning his mother in Bloodline?

This whole line of thought was inspired by this interesting Reddit discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7sb0sp/ben_solo_saved_his_mom_in_bloodline_novel_and_its/
@SoloSideCousin

It's very interesting indeed. I read about that on Tumblr yesterday...but wouldn't Leia recognize her son's handwriting ? Or were they so estranged already that this weren't the case? And why would he use handwriting if he doesn't want his mother to know it was him- or he wanted her to know but she doesn't figure it out? That would be sad... Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:So this post could probably fit in a lot of threads, but since we didn't see any implications of this decision in TLJ, maybe we will see them in IX?

Okay, so remember when Rian supposedly had Claudia Grey include the Napkin Bombing part in Bloodline? In the end I think we just thought a random Twilek server did it because she was probably with the FO. (I need to reread that part). But what if that was a red herring?

Bloodline made a big deal about how no one handwrote anymore, except on places like Ryloth. So it was easy to look at the Twilek.

But now we know that Ben Solo writes too with his calligraphy. Also, we know that it took a long time for the news of the Temple meltdown to get out to the outside galaxy. Then add in how young Ben looked and how JJ wanted to make a KoR movie ...and suddenly it becomes possible that Ben had broken away from Luke quite a while before the Vader reveal.

So I am wondering, would the circumstances actually make it possible that Ben was warning his mother in Bloodline?

This whole line of thought was inspired by this interesting Reddit discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7sb0sp/ben_solo_saved_his_mom_in_bloodline_novel_and_its/
@SoloSideCousin

Given the build-up that we got for Bloodline and how it was supposed to have multiple ties to things in TLJ, I did find it odd that not really anything beyond the overt "bloodline" symbolism/references made it into TLJ.

It's been a while since I read Bloodline, but I thought it was pretty clear that the twilek sent the napkin warning? (I could be wrong and just inferred things.) I also thought that the whole bombing incident was basically a warning/shot-across-the-bow from the FO, rather than actually intending to kill anyone?

Granted, the whole "napkin incident" does seem like a random thing for Rian to have requested if it doesn't tie in anywhere else in the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

I was just like you. Until I read this post, I was like, "yeah, the Twilek did it." But how with the calligraphy, something we didn't know until TLJ, I wonder if the Bloodline text offers any wiggle room. I will have to re-read it ... because if this were to turn out to be Ben, that's maybe two incidents where he tried to warn his mother, adding in the mysterious datacard from TFA that Pablo wouldn't talk about.
@SoloSideCousin

I think it might be interesting to re-read it now, anyways... We all had set expectations of certain things we expected to tie to TLJ (e.g. the music box, Leia's holo message, the Vader reveal), but we were wrong about all of those. Maybe there were some things in Bloodline that seemed inconsequential back when we all read it but are the things that actually tie to TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:08 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Lily Snape wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
Lily Snape wrote:
I think she will end up saving him too, but here’s the issue: how could they make it so that it’s completely clear that Kylo isn’t just going to be rescued by Rey and then go right back to being Renperor?  You know the argument going on right now that he just used her to make his assassination of Snoke possible —he couldn’t have killed off all 9 guards if he had done it alone.  I think they have to make it clear that he doesn’t want the power, he just wants the girl.  But I’m not sure how they could do that other than having him willingly give up his Force sensitivity in some sort of Plagueis-inspired effort to save her life—again, reverse Anakin: saving the woman he loves instead of killing her, and turning away from the Dark side instead of toward it in order to do so.
@Lily Snape

I agree- and I don't want them making Ben even more of a victim or male version of a "damsel in distress". Evil or Very Mad
He was beaten and humiliated enough for my taste and I hope in IX he finally shines and shows how truly awesome he can be.
We saw already a taste of it in TLJ when he killed Snoke with a few clever flicks of his fingers- so I hope in IX he does something really bad*** - something that saves not only Rey (he saved her in VIII don't need to repeat that) but the people she cares about. Because I think with that he could truly win her heart.

Not sure about the force powers- I'm not a fan of him loosing them...rather than he choose to not use them- kind of like Luke on Ahch-To  Nope

The biggest challenge with IX in my opinion is to write a redemption arc where Ben Solo survives and do repentance where he still can somehow have a happy ending with Rey and be at peace with himself.
@Night Huntress

Agreed—they need to have him survive AND have such a convincing redemption arc that people won’t leave the theater thinking, “Yep, but he’s going to go right back to being Renperor.”  I think it kind of can’t be Rey rescuing him because the FO and Hux have attacked him—if he just goes with her and the Resistance because his own side has tried to kill him, then his motivations remain questionable.  In that case, he’s Napoleon on Elba—how long until he escapes and goes back to ruling France again?  I remember people theorizing that in TLJ he would join the good guys when Snoke would cast him aside in favor of Rey, and I remember thinking, “But if he does that, his turn won’t be believable—he will just be changing sides because his own crowd cast him aside.” Same thing if the FO and Hux overthrow or threaten him.

I guess starting Kylo out as good-guy emperor would be one option, but problematic, because it sounds like plenty of planets would prefer to rule themselves.  So, I am guessing it will be more like a choice between the FO and Rey somehow, in which he clearly and openly chooses Rey knowing full well that he will lose his leadership role and the power that goes with it.  Maybe they capture her and he stops her execution as Snoke’s supposed assassin and runs off with her?  And then gives the Resistance the info they need to take down the FO from within.  Just a guess.  Smile I think I’ve used this analogy, but remember the movie Love and Basketball?  The lead characters are friends from childhood who are both gifted basketball players, but in the end she’s playing in something like the WNBA while he cheers from the sidelines with their little girl in his arms, and it’s clear that he’s OK with that.  I think we have to see Kylo finding happiness in a different kind of life than the one he has been plotting and planning for—after realizing how unhappy he is with the life he thought he wanted, as Supreme Leader.
@Lily Snape

I'm REALLY not a fan of the idea of Rey getting captured again, but I really think that what you're proposing here is probably the least convoluted way to set Ben up for a believeable redemption (and one that would fit the Reverse Anidala scenario nicely).

I do think that TLJ was set up for Hux to go for a coup, but in trying to think through how that would work--I agree that that situation would lessen Ben's agency in his redemption. Putting him in a situation where Rey is threatened again, and this time having him choose Rey over the power offered by the FO/his position would both be powerful and show that he learned from his mistakes in TLJ.
@ISeeAnIsland

There could be any number of permutations, but I think it can’t be Kylo choosing the Light side when mistreated or rejected by the FO, which is the military arm of the Dark side. Hux totally knows what’s up with “the girl,” and I think one way or another that’s going to lead Kylo to finally make a choice. I’d love to see him question things about the FO— what’s up with taking toddlers away from their parents? he might have issues with that given his own background if he stops to think about it—and undermining Hux’s control of the army even as Hux tries to undermine him as Sipreme Leader. Maybe between his qualms and a concerted effort by Finn (yes, I really want to see him start a Stormtrooper revolt), the FO could be falling apart. But regardless, it has to be clear that Kylo does have a choice between power and love, and that he freely chooses love— not just “Well, Hux wants to kill me and there’s been a coup to overthrow me—guess Rey and the Resistance are the better option.”
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:15 am

I made screenshots of the pages in Bloodline mentioning the napkin incident...how and why that would play any important role in the movies when something like the Vader reveal didn't? I'm confused.  scratch

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Bildsc24

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Bildsc23

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Bildsc25

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Bildsc26

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Bildsc27
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:24 am

Riri wrote:Hello everyone Smile. I'm delighted I found a Reylo positive forum!

I have a couple of thoughts in regards to Ep 9. Firstly, will Rey reform the Jedi order? I mean, in a way, she kind of has to in order for "Reylo" to happen i.e the "no attachment" rule which led to the secrecy of Anakin and Padme's relationship. Also Luke at the beginning of TLJ spoke of the failures and arrogance of Jedi from the old Republic, surely she will reform the code to make it less dogmatic and more in tune with emotions such as fear, love, anger and perhaps she'll realise that she will have to do this with Ben.
2) I was thinking about the lightsaber duels and how Ep9 will definitely need one. Wouldn't it be cool if Ben had a cave-like vision where he had to duel Kylo Ren and in the end he realises that he has to accept the Kylo within him but in balance so not to control him?
@Riri

Welcome to the Forum! Smile Glad you found it. You’ve brought up a good point: Star Wars always has to have, to quote or paraphrase Oscar Isaac when he was saying why he would have enjoyed playing Kylo, “the fights, the beautiful fights.” I wonder who the lightsaber fight(s) will be between in IX? Hmmmm... I mean, they did a great job of having Rey and Kylo on the same side in an epic battle with warriors who DIDN’T use lightsabers in the Throne Room battle, and there was Kylo vs. Luke. In TFA, when Kylo was still the bad guy, albeit conflicted, we had Kylo vs. Finn and Kylo vs. Rey. Although both boy-girl lightsaber fights (TFA and TLJ) are the hottest things I’ve seen in a movie in a long time (I’m a nerd), I’m not sure how they could set up these two to have a passionate, knock-down, drag-out battle to the death against each other at this point,given how they clearly feel about each other —unless it’s like that scene in Galaxy Quest in which Alan Rickman and Tim Allen fake a fight to actually take out their captors. And I guess there could be a fight with Rey and Kylo once again against warriors without lightsabers—or maybe something with the Knights of Ren? Even one or two rogue Knights with Force sensitivity and lightsaber training could be a possibility. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:44 am

Night Huntress wrote:I made screenshots of the pages in Bloodline mentioning the napkin incident...how and why that would play any important role in the movies when something like the Vader reveal didn't? I'm confused.  scratch

Screenshots:
@Night Huntress

Thank you for posting all this!

Actually the way that this is written, with how neither Leia nor Ransolm really believe this full Twilek story, a couple of things could be at play.

(1) The Twilek is a Richard Jewel figure, someone who is accused because he was standing nearby, or

(2) Just a person hired to drop the note.  The person's face and even their body shape was covered.  So there may have been an intention to make them unidentifiable.  I mean geez, could they even fake being Twilek? ... and if Ben is involved, did he hire this person?, or

(3) The Twilek is an actual "patsy" set up by the FO to pin the crime on and to point the finger at Ryloth.  In fact, the text says that the Twilek just went in and out of the room.  There doesn't seem to be a visual of her putting down the note ... or any visual at all inside the room.  That note could have been placed there in an event entirely separate from whatever the Twilek was doing, or

(4) The Twilek actually did set the bomb ... but Ben somehow left the note at some point to warn his mother, yet did not appear on video.  If you actually think about it, his force powers might be able to pause a videocamera pretty easily for a temporary period of time. Also, since there seems to be no camera in the actual room ... maybe Ben (or whoever) got in another way and didn't even need to disable the outside camera?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 23 Jan 2018, 9:14 am

Welcome to the Forum!  Smile Glad you found it. You’ve brought up a good point: Star Wars always has to have, to quote or paraphrase Oscar Isaac when he was saying why he would have enjoyed playing Kylo, “the fights, the beautiful fights.” I wonder who the lightsaber fight(s) will be between in IX? Hmmmm... I mean, they did a great job of having Rey and Kylo on the same side in an epic battle with warriors who DIDN’T use lightsabers in the Throne Room battle, and there was Kylo vs. Luke. In TFA, when Kylo was still the bad guy, albeit conflicted, we had Kylo vs. Finn and Kylo vs. Rey. Although both boy-girl lightsaber fights (TFA and TLJ) are the hottest things I’ve seen in a movie in a long time (I’m a nerd), I’m not sure how they could set up these two to have a passionate, knock-down, drag-out battle to the death against each other at this point,given how they clearly feel about each other —unless it’s like that scene in Galaxy Quest in which Alan Rickman and Tim Allen fake a fight to actually take out their captors. And I guess there could be a fight with Rey and Kylo once again against warriors without lightsabers—or maybe something with the Knights of Ren? Even one or two rogue Knights with Force sensitivity and lightsaber training could be a possibility.  
I'm not sure how likely this is, but for some reason I have an idea that the big lightsaber fight in IX is going to be Rey against all six Knights of Ren, on her own, to save Kylo. And she will win. And it will be awesome.

I'm not really sure I have a solid basis for thinking this (aside from a hunch that the KoR are going to turn against Kylo), but I like the idea.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 23 Jan 2018, 10:13 am

I just want to point out something. In TFA, Forceback was edited to look like Kylo saved Rey from Salad Bowl. In TLJ, he saved her from Snoke. So the idea that he would save her turned out true. Everyone who believed in it was right. It just wasn't a Salad Bowl or another KoR but it was his master whom he killed. Which is bigger than turning on just a KoR.

So I think that their visions of the future did not happen in TLJ but will happen in IX. They will stand together like they saw it when they touched hands, they just misinterpreted the moment.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 10:59 am

vaderito wrote:I just want to point out something. In TFA, Forceback was edited to look like Kylo saved Rey from Salad Bowl. In TLJ, he saved her from Snoke. So the idea that he would save her turned out true. Everyone who believed in it was right. It just wasn't a Salad Bowl or another KoR but it was his master whom he killed. Which is bigger than turning on just a KoR.

So I think that their visions of the future did not happen in TLJ but will happen in IX. They will stand together like they saw it when they touched hands, they just misinterpreted the moment.

@vaderito

We may never meet Salad Bowl Ren, but for sure that moment in the vision was literal in that he'd come to her defense when it meant to betraying one of his own. And somebody much bigger than a mere KoR, his master. At this point, it's fair to say the vision can be taken to mean that she'll meet him, they'll fight but he'll also come to her defense, and at best it's about the events/moments which led to both of them being pulled away from their families and traumatized by the experience.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

I could see many scenarios for fight scenes in IX:

- Kylo and Rey finding themselves in a situation where they're supposed to fight each other. They do, but it's eventually clear they don't want to fight and they end up kissing or something lol.

- Kylo and Rey vs Knights of Ren (depending on what origin story JJ gives them and what conflicts they might have)

- Kylo and Rey vs an army of stormtroopers (maybe they're ambushed/captured or they're escaping from somewhere and they take out a lot of stormtroopers with their raw powah)

- Some evil cyborgs or bounty hunters (or any new characters introduced specifically to fight Kylo and/or Rey, just like the Praetorian Guards were introduced in TLJ for that particular purpose). If Hux stages a coup or something, or if Kylo ends up on the run from the FO there can be several options for fight scenes.

Last edited by rawpowah on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:I just want to point out something. In TFA, Forceback was edited to look like Kylo saved Rey from Salad Bowl. In TLJ, he saved her from Snoke. So the idea that he would save her turned out true. Everyone who believed in it was right. It just wasn't a Salad Bowl or another KoR but it was his master whom he killed. Which is bigger than turning on just a KoR.

@vaderito

We may never meet Salad Bowl Ren, but for sure that moment in the vision was literal in that he'd come to her defense when it meant to betraying one of his own. And somebody much bigger than a mere KoR, his master. At this point, it's fair to say the vision can be taken to mean that she'll meet him, they'll fight but he'll also come to her defense, and at best it's about the events/moments which led to both of them being pulled away from their families and traumatized by the experience.
@snufkin

Hmm... assuming Salad Bowl is a KOR, what if one or some of the Knights lose faith in Kylo and scheme with Hux maybe? Or since it's heavily hinted that the KOR are Luke's former students that trained with Kylo, and Rian said he deliberately left them out of TLJ due to emotional and character reasons, maybe some of the Knights are concerned about the effect Rey has on Kylo and come to the conclusion that the best way to "free" him is by killing her?

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:08 am

Instead, (I do not know why) I imagine seeing the scenes dreamed of in TFA and TLJ
Luke uses force on BB8 to show Ben where Rey is (dream in TFA)
Rey in difficulty with a knight Ren.(TFA)
REn who saves her with a handful of knights on friend (TFA)
Ben, who tells her, I'll come back to you, honey.(TFA)
Finally she is disappointed by a part of the resistance that arrayed to save him (You will be the one that will turn) TLJ elevator
They who love each other (you will stay with me) TLJ Elevator
I had the feeling that he has always knowns that she will be his wife for this he was always so kindly Obviously right now my feelings are like fresh water :-D (SORRY MY ENGLISH !!!!!!!!)
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:10 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
snufkin wrote:

@vaderito

@snufkin

Hmm... assuming Salad Bowl is a KOR, what if one or some of the Knights lose faith in Kylo and scheme with Hux maybe? Or since it's heavily hinted that the KOR are Luke's former students that trained with Kylo, and Rian said he deliberately left them out of TLJ due to emotional and character reasons, maybe some of the Knights are concerned about the effect Rey has on Kylo and come to the conclusion that the best way to "free" him is by killing her?

@AppleCrumble122

Rey's definitely going to have a bullseye on her back thanks to all the mayhem she's caused the First Order, including getting BB-8 to the Resistance and Kylo's CYA lie to Hux that she took out Snoke and the PG all on her own. I'm so there for any and all FO/DS workplace drama!

And yeah, will we ever get to actually meet the KoR after the references dropped in the first movie and Kasdan talking up The Seven Samurai? Technically speaking Kylo is now Ronin because he no longer has a master (on the technicality that he killed his master in defense of the woman he'd fallen in love with).

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:22 am

snufkin wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
snufkin wrote:

@vaderito

@snufkin

@AppleCrumble122

Rey's definitely going to have a bullseye on her back thanks to all the mayhem she's caused the First Order, including getting BB-8 to the Resistance and Kylo's CYA lie to Hux that she took out Snoke and the PG all on her own. I'm so there for any and all FO/DS workplace drama!

And yeah, will we ever get to actually meet the KoR after the references dropped in the first movie and Kasdan talking up The Seven Samurai? Technically speaking Kylo is now Ronin because he no longer has a master (on the technicality that he killed his master in defense of the woman he'd fallen in love with).

@snufkin

Maybe due to Kylo saying Rey killed Snoke, the FO issued a bounty on her and Salad Bowl is a bounty hunter who corners her on a planet where she is seeking Jedi/Force Lore during a storm? Kylo catches wind of this and rescues her, as well as wanting to destroy the lore maybe (time to let old things die)?

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:43 am

@AppleCrumble122 First off, so good to see you around these parts : ).

Second off, love the idea. I had one of those random thoughts in the shower this morning about how Rey and Finn were both classified as fugitives from the First Order in TFA. And yet Finn manages to get himself arrested on Canto Bight and the cops there never even have a notice come up that he's a wanted man? Like they never really ran with that option in TLJ, what would be the impact of fugitive status other than Phasma's reappearance and attempt at executing Finn. You'd think that supposedly taking out Snoke would make Rey Public Enemy #1 and Ben's not going to be having the great time he always thought he'd have as Big Bad with that lie eating away at him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:48 am

It would be wonderful to see this:

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 39 Tumblr_p2zsq07bZl1wm6h9eo1_1280

Credits https://knights-of-reylo-reborn.tumblr.com/
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:53 am

@snufkin I don't think the FO ever issued the identity of the two "fugitives" in TFA, a) because they had no idea who "the girl" was and b) it's been mentioned (although I can't remember where) that Finn's desertion was kept a secret from the majority of the FO officers/stormtroopers in fear of making more of them desert and/or starting a rebellion. Fugitives could've easily meant criminals or escaped prisoners. Also that deleted scene with Tom Hardy has his stormtrooper congratulating him on a "promotion" due to seeing him in his uniform disguise. I think only higher ups and maybe Finn's personal squad like the stormtrooper he fought on Takodana know about his desertation so taking this into account, it's no wonder the Canto Bight cops didn't get a notice. There's also the possibility that Kylo thought him dead and so his file was closed lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:25 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@snufkin I don't think the FO ever issued the identity of the two "fugitives" in TFA, a) because they had no idea who "the girl" was and b) it's been mentioned (although I can't remember where) that Finn's desertion was kept a secret from the majority of the FO officers/stormtroopers in fear of making more of them desert and/or starting a rebellion. Fugitives could've easily meant criminals or escaped prisoners. Also that deleted scene with Tom Hardy has his stormtrooper congratulating him on a "promotion" due to seeing him in his uniform disguise. I think only higher ups and maybe Finn's personal squad like the stormtrooper he fought on Takodana know about his desertation so taking this into account, it's no wonder the Canto Bight cops didn't get a notice. There's also the possibility that Kylo thought him dead and so his file was closed lol.

@AppleCrumble122

Good points! And maybe now that he's openly declared himself to be Rebel Scum, we'll see if the FO does have an actual order out against him after his fight with Phasma.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:28 pm

lauvamp wrote:It would be wonderful to see this:

@lauvamp

beautiful image however I do not see Kylo ren as a Snoke 2.0

I see him more involved and reactive. He will not be all day on his throne. However the KOR as a double of the Praetorian guards is not a bad idea.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm

Teo oswald wrote:

@lauvamp

I see him more involved and reactive. He will not be all day on his throne. However the KOR as a double of the Praetorian guards is not a bad idea.
@Teo oswald

I imagine him seated in a throne to receive important people and to make deals or negotiate stuff, probably boring things for a warrior like him Smile
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:13 pm

lauvamp wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@lauvamp

@Teo oswald

I imagine him seated in a throne to receive important people and to make deals or negotiate stuff, probably boring things for a warrior like him Smile
@lauvamp

and maybe Hux as a secretary who reads the various commitments for the day and kylo will think "who made me do this?" Laughing Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:22 pm

I don't know why- but that image makes me cringe... I don't think that's Kylo's thing- like at all No
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:35 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
snufkin wrote:

@vaderito

@snufkin

@AppleCrumble122

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t73p50-knights-of-ren

Just a link back to the Knights of Ren thread, in The Force Awakens board on here, it's page 3, the 6th post down I think. Its a screen shot of Pablo Hidalgo saying that it's a clan leader (salad bowl to us) who Kylo strikes down. HTH
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:41 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:I made screenshots of the pages in Bloodline mentioning the napkin incident...how and why that would play any important role in the movies when something like the Vader reveal didn't? I'm confused.  scratch

Screenshots:
@Night Huntress

Thank you for posting all this!

Actually the way that this is written, with how neither Leia nor Ransolm really believe this full Twilek story, a couple of things could be at play.

(1) The Twilek is a Richard Jewel figure, someone who is accused because he was standing nearby, or

(2) Just a person hired to drop the note.  The person's face and even their body shape was covered.  So there may have been an intention to make them unidentifiable.  I mean geez, could they even fake being Twilek? ... and if Ben is involved, did he hire this person?, or

(3) The Twilek is an actual "patsy" set up by the FO to pin the crime on and to point the finger at Ryloth.  In fact, the text says that the Twilek just went in and out of the room.  There doesn't seem to be a visual of her putting down the note ... or any visual at all inside the room.  That note could have been placed there in an event entirely separate from whatever the Twilek was doing, or

(4) The Twilek actually did set the bomb ... but Ben somehow left the note at some point to warn his mother, yet did not appear on video.  If you actually think about it, his force powers might be able to pause a videocamera pretty easily for a temporary period of time. Also, since there seems to be no camera in the actual room ... maybe Ben (or whoever) got in another way and didn't even need to disable the outside camera?
@SoloSideCousin

Oh yes! Thank you so much @Night Huntress for pulling this together!

I agree that on re-reading, this all sounds a lot less definitive than I remember it feeling at the time.

If Kylo was behind the napkin warning in some way, it would fit with him not being able to fire on his mother in TLJ, and would hint that he probably did think that she was killed in the attack on the bridge of the Raddus.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn Tue 23 Jan 2018, 2:43 pm

Night Huntress wrote:I don't know why- but that image makes me cringe... I don't think that's Kylo's thing- like at all No
@Night Huntress

UGH - ICA!!! In fact the whole Renperor thing! I watched TFA a dozen times and read both TFA novels and not once did I get a sense that Kylo was just biding his time in order to rule Supreme over the Galaxy. In fact in the novels he come across as very philosophical, he was more into the "beauty"  of the logical order that exists in the Galaxy. I just never guessed that he wanted to be the ruler of a tyrannical regime....I wished Kylo's motives for being part of the FO were more clearly defined. Then maybe his take over of the FO wouldn't have been such a shock, well to me at least Shocked

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next