Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:09 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I thought Matt's response here was hilarious:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 Screen14
@ISeeAnIsland

OMG! This tweet is perfect proof that being a Star Wars lore/trivia expert does not make you a writer or a filmmaker.

Sure..... Let's split up Daisy and Adam. Sure ... Let the Resistance carry a movie all by themselves. Sure... Let's have Han find out that Luke tried to kill his kid. You think you're upset now about Luke and Han. Put that scenario in place and Han is so furious he shoots Luke in the face. Talk about a wretched end to Luke and Han. But it's gotta be better that Han going out like a freaking Jesus-like, Viking warrior boss and Luke doing the greatest force act of all time and saving a bunch of people and atoning to his nephew by giving his own life in the process. By giving Luke giving his own life, Ben will eventually realize that somebody, even a guy who half-ruined his life, thought he was worth *that much*.

Geez. Why is this fandom so dumb? I'm sorry if that is mean, but I never remember seeing such cluelessness on X-File or HP boards ... And this guy actually writes SW books. Geez.
@SoloSideCousin

The level of dumbness is disturbing.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:18 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

OMG! This tweet is perfect proof that being a Star Wars lore/trivia expert does not make you a writer or a filmmaker.

Sure..... Let's split up Daisy and Adam. Sure ... Let the Resistance carry a movie all by themselves.   Sure... Let's have Han find out that Luke tried to kill his kid. You think you're upset now about Luke and Han. Put that scenario in place and Han is so furious he shoots Luke in the face. Talk about a wretched end to Luke and Han. But it's gotta be better that Han going out like a freaking Jesus-like, Viking warrior boss and Luke doing the greatest force act of all time and saving a bunch of people and atoning to his nephew by giving his own life in the process. By Luke giving his own life, Ben will eventually realize that somebody,  even a guy who half-ruined his life, thought he was worth *that much*.

Geez. Why is this fandom so dumb? I'm sorry if that is mean, but I never remember seeing such cluelessness on X-File or HP boards ... And this guy actually writes SW books. Geez.
@SoloSideCousin

IMO,I'm trying hard to imagine a scenario where the Resistance carry the movie all by themselves and suddenly I'm having flashbacks of Jar Jar. Laughing
In all seriousness though after TLJ I get the feeling that most people don't care that much about Finn and Poe the way they did in TFA.I mean the only break out character from all the supporting ones was Rose but other than that people just love Kylo and Rey and their relationship so if anyone needs a spin off it's them.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:26 pm

CienaRee wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

Sure..... Let's split up Daisy and Adam. Sure ... Let the Resistance carry a movie all by themselves.   Sure... Let's have Han find out that Luke tried to kill his kid. You think you're upset now about Luke and Han. Put that scenario in place and Han is so furious he shoots Luke in the face. Talk about a wretched end to Luke and Han. But it's gotta be better that Han going out like a freaking Jesus-like, Viking warrior boss and Luke doing the greatest force act of all time and saving a bunch of people and atoning to his nephew by giving his own life in the process. By Luke giving his own life, Ben will eventually realize that somebody,  even a guy who half-ruined his life, thought he was worth *that much*.

@SoloSideCousin

IMO,I'm trying hard to imagine a scenario where the Resistance carry the movie all by themselves and suddenly I'm having flashbacks of Jar Jar. Laughing
In all seriousness though after TLJ I get the feeling that most people don't care that much about Finn and Poe the way they did in TFA.I mean the only break out character from all the supporting ones was Rose but other than that people just love Kylo and Rey and their relationship so if anyone needs a spin off it's them.
@CienaRee

No kidding! Rian has already joked about a Ben/Rey spin-off, lol.

And yes, OMG, Rose freaking saved the day. In fact, if Ben needs to negotiate with someone beyond Rey (assuming Leia is not recast), then let it be Rose.

She is so disarming and so strong. KMT and AD would be awesome together. Very genuine and full of dry humor.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:37 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@SoloSideCousin

@CienaRee

No kidding! Rian has already joked about a Ben/Rey spin-off, lol.

And yes, OMG, Rose freaking saved the day. In fact, if Ben needs to negotiate with someone beyond Rey (assuming Leia is not recast), then let it be Rose.

She is so disarming and so strong. KMT and AD would be awesome together. Very genuine and full of dry humor.
@SoloSideCousin

If JJ follows through with what Rian set up in TLJ, Rose will end up being the big hero of the Resistance. She's an "ordinary person" with no ulterior motives and a good heart who will ultimately rise up and save the day.

Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:28 am

I was thinking long before it made much sense (basically before we knew Rose at all) that I want to see Rose and Kylo interact. Just the idea of him being stood up to by a random Resistance "muggle" with that height difference is amazing!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:36 am

ZioRen wrote:I was thinking long before it made much sense (basically before we knew Rose at all) that I want to see Rose and Kylo interact. Just the idea of him being stood up to by a random Resistance "muggle" with that height difference is amazing!
@ZioRen

Exactly!!!! I could actually see giving them all (Kylo, Rey, Poe, Finn) a piece of her mind, like "You all think you're like regular people? You're not. You all need to stop acting like you know what you're talking about and calm down!!!" Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:50 am

@ISeeAnIsland

Lol! I seriously can't with this sith. Talk about being shortsighted! This guy is obviously preoccupied with Luke and the OT so that's the story he wants.

Anyway, from what I can tell, he writes things like SW visual guides, which is totally fine. His area is  facts and figures, like Pablo. He doesn't generate original story ideas (thank goodness).
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 22 Dec 2017, 7:32 am

Crazy Yoda we know from SB was one of the best parts in TLJ. Now we need Anakin and Hayden back to knock some senses to the other Skywalker.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 ECVmED6
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 23 Dec 2017, 5:09 am

Another anti that's out here shipping DamnRey! out of desperation. So happy I took her books off my goodreads list.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 20171216
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 23 Dec 2017, 5:30 am

BenRey wrote:Another anti that's out here shipping DamnRey! out of desperation. So happy I took her books off my goodreads list.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 20171216
@BenRey

They don't even care for the well-being of that ship/characters, they just hate on other people's opinions, their ships, characters. I wish some people could just grow up a bit and ship character because they care, not because of hate. World would be a little bit better place to live in.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:56 am

Brian Kesinger continues to deliver...

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 77372910
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 23 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

Well, surprise surprise.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 09cab210
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:13 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 20171217
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:18 am

Only someone with no clue about Adam's filmography would ask that question.  Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 23 Dec 2017, 10:18 am

EchoBase wrote:Well, surprise surprise.

@EchoBase
I am just shocked by this development. SHOCKED, I tell you. There were NO warning signs.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@EchoBase
I am just shocked by this development. SHOCKED, I tell you. There were NO warning signs.
@FrolickingFizzgig

There's nothing surprising here. She was always a low key one and an openly huge Kylo fan. I just think that she genuinely believed that they may be Solos and that stopped her from jumping on the wagon. Tracy has always been cool.

@BenRey Aveyard is a typical Kylo Crusher. Keep your paws off my Kylo, Rey! I'm gonna hook you up with anyone just to keep Kylo for myself. She was a Finnrey before TLJ and now she's a Damerrey. Tells you all you need to know how much she cares about either ship. Unlike Reylos who genuinely ship Reylo, not to spite other ship or to keep character X or Y all to themselves.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:41 am

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@EchoBase
@FrolickingFizzgig

There's nothing surprising here. She was always a low key one and an openly huge Kylo fan. I just think that she genuinely believed that they may be Solos and that stopped her from jumping on the wagon. Tracy has always been cool.

@BenRey Aveyard is a typical Kylo Crusher. Keep your paws off my Kylo, Rey! I'm gonna hook you up with anyone just to keep Kylo for myself. She was a Finnrey before TLJ and now she's a Damerrey. Tells you all you need to know how much she cares about either ship. Unlike Reylos who genuinely ship Reylo, not to spite other ship or to keep character X or Y all to themselves.
@vaderito

Yeah, I remember after TFA she had tweets hating on Kylo and Reylo. lol pathetic. Imagine hating on a character that much that you're desperate to ship off the other half (and the one you're supposed to be a fan of) with another character just to annoy the character you hate. Sooo desperate.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Dec 2017, 1:00 pm

I'll admit that yes, there was an element of "your background is trash but you've got somebody important like me hot for you, so that's all that matters" element in the Let's Rule Together Speech. And points for it being a joke about the old BBC miniseries. Otherwise I'd say the writers they're referencing are more the Bronte Sisters (like tell me Renperer isn't Heathcliffe after Cathy jilts him for Linton) and Daphne DuMaurier (Rey on Ache-to is Mary Yellen in Jamaica Inn).
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 Screen43
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 Screen42

Also I have no idea who this writer is and looked her up and LMFAO. Somebody who's peddling the stereotypical watered down "Chosen One Fantasy Scenario" (e.g. the lowest hanging and most ubiquitous genre of YA fiction for the past 15 years) is complaining about characters and a relationship which subvert those stereotypes? Um, yeah.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Dec 2017, 1:13 pm

Also major eyerolls over anybody (including well-known entertainment journalists) arguing that the shirtless scene was meant to show that Rey is simply annoyed with him with her "can you put on a cowl or something?!" line. Guess they also thought the part where he wipes the wetness (gee, where did that come from) after his first connection with her on his mouth and face was about the ocean.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 23 Dec 2017, 2:34 pm

snufkin wrote:Also major eyerolls over anybody (including well-known entertainment journalists) arguing that the shirtless scene was meant to show that Rey is simply annoyed with him with her "can you put on a cowl or something?!" line. Guess they also thought the part where he wipes the wetness (gee, where did that come from) after his first connection with her on his mouth and face was about the ocean.
@snufkin

Yeah, I mean if there is a "male hero sees female LI in a revealing outfit, coming out of the shower in a sexy dress etc" cliche, then if we have a female hero - why not readjust the trope? They did that in Wonder Woman as well. Not really something new.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

@SkyStar - It's another example of how there are more than just the fan theory expectations getting toyed with in the ST, there's also the use of the female gaze. He's presented to her in that moment (and the demasking) as a young, sexually attractive man. She's not annoyed and he's not doing any of that (like the saber spinning, smirking, and peacocking) because he's trying to annoy her. But that seems to fly over the heads of even entertainment journalists.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sun 24 Dec 2017, 7:55 am

This scene is so "I like what I see, but I will never admit it. Therefore I pretend beeing annoyed." It´s such a teen behaviour. They both have still to grow up. Maybe some people also have to grow up when they pretend not to see this?
It´s totally cliche and it´s funny how antis and fanboys often claimed this and that would never happen because it´s too cliche. Now they got it and they don´t realize it? please.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:23 am

unicorn wrote:This scene is so "I like what I see, but I will never admit it. Therefore I pretend beeing annoyed." It´s such a teen behaviour. They both have still to grow up. Maybe some people also have to grow up when they pretend not to see this?
It´s totally cliche and it´s funny how antis and fanboys often claimed this and that would never happen because it´s too cliche. Now they got it and they don´t realize it? please.
@unicorn

Love his little smile when she pretends to be annoyed by what she sees Wink She is asking him to put a cowl although his shirt is actually right behind him. But ew honey, he is in his private room, he wears whatever he wants, uh?
https://tellcassiopeia.tumblr.com/post/168844431921/damnyoudisney-kylo-beefcake-ren-never?is_highlighted_post=1
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:46 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 2 15141210
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 9:18 am

snufkin wrote:@SkyStar - It's another example of how there are more than just the fan theory expectations getting toyed with in the ST, there's also the use of the female gaze. He's presented to her in that moment (and the demasking) as a young, sexually attractive man. She's not annoyed and he's not doing any of that (like the saber spinning, smirking, and peacocking) because he's trying to annoy her. But that seems to fly over the heads of even entertainment journalists.
@snufkin Yes, I also remember in the scene rey is like I'd rather not do this and he's like yea me too- he had no control over the moment anyhow!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next