Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 16 Dec 2019, 10:44 pm

@tukicarreno

The TLJ promo & press tour was much more fun than TROS's. Rian was so enthusiastic and just joyful. It was a perfect blend of seriousness & lightheartedness. Everything feels different this time. I even watched interviews today of the cast playing a game (since they can't legit talk about anything) and JJ was like "really? a game?" Yeah, a game! just have fun, dude!

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 27 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 17 Dec 2019, 8:28 pm

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 18 Dec 2019, 2:31 pm

So Adam did not go to the London premiere. Sigh.. Once again the last chance for an Adam/Daisy pic and nothing... I have a feeling why Adam did not do press for this movie. Crying or Very sad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Mon 23 Dec 2019, 6:14 am

Will these clowns (JJ&co) make some further public appearance after the release of the movie? Some Q&A session? In front of fans or film students, as with the previous movie?
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 23 Dec 2019, 8:18 am

MaddieDove wrote:Will these clowns (JJ&co) make some further public appearance after the release of the movie? Some Q&A session? In front of fans or film students, as with the previous movie?

I ask myself the same. It would be nice to hear them talking about the movie. Cool Twisted Evil
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:37 am

I really love how wild (supportive) the audience and Lilly get talking about Reylo.

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:49 am

SheLitAFire wrote:I really love how wild (supportive) the audience and Lilly get talking about Reylo.

@SheLitAFire

Yeah it's cute!
Daisy's face when the public screamed with all that excitement Laughing
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 26 Dec 2019, 11:58 am

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 31 Dec 2019, 5:50 pm

I don’t know if this interview of CT is originally in French or it got translated, but CT says Palps’s return was KK’s idea, that she gave them a lot of freedom on how to do it, but that they also understood that there was absolutely no way to make the redemption of Ben Solo, son of Han and Leia, possible. WTF. First, it looks now like everyone is blaming everyone. Secondly, Ben Solo’s arc was sacrificed for Palps?! The old decrepit villain that doesn’t even look menacing. I just can’t. What is wrong with these people? When you have a popular new character, keep him, if only for business reasons.

https://fr.ign.com/star-wars-9/48456/news/star-wars-le-retour-de-palpatine-etait-apparemment-une-idee-de-kathleen-kennedy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 31 Dec 2019, 7:55 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I don’t know if this interview of CT is originally in French or it got translated, but CT says Palps’s return was KK’s idea, that she gave them a lot of freedom on how to do it, but that they also understood that there was absolutely no way to make the redemption of Ben Solo, son of Han and Leia, possible. WTF. First, it looks now like everyone is blaming everyone. Secondly, Ben Solo’s arc was sacrificed for Palps?! The old decrepit villain that doesn’t even look menacing. I just can’t. What is wrong with these people? When you have a popular new character, keep him, if only for business reasons.

https://fr.ign.com/star-wars-9/48456/news/star-wars-le-retour-de-palpatine-etait-apparemment-une-idee-de-kathleen-kennedy
@SanghaRen

I want someone to ask why Kylo couldn't be redeemed and if they bring up him killing Han...why the f*** did JJ even make that happen. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF BEN SOLO???

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Tue 31 Dec 2019, 7:59 pm

I think the French translation is wrong. In the original article, he says:

We knew that Rey and Ren were utterly key to this trilogy, but we also felt that there was no way that we were going to not find a path to redemption for Kylo Ren, the son of Han and Leia.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/12/24/star-wars-screenwriter-chris-terrio-on-ending-the-42-year-skywalker-saga/

It's a double negation, but in French it's only just negative clause concerning his redemption.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 31 Dec 2019, 8:02 pm

Apologies if it's been posted before but this writer follows a mutual of mine on Twitter and does a v good job of summing up how badly Rey ends in the story given the set-up and progress she made:

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Lets Rey Down in the Most Unforgivable Way Possible

By turning Rey from a nobody into the granddaughter of the most powerful Force-user in history, it shrinks the universe and contradicts The Last Jedi’s central message, telling Rey she’s only important and powerful because she was born into an important and powerful family. It turns all her positive, hard-won self-actualisation into ominous foreshadowing for the return of the wrinkly-face sparky-finger man. And by killing off Ben Solo, the film also robs her of the companionship she desired from her nascent dyad twin – her connection with whom is one of the few elements actually carried forward from The Last Jedi.

The Rise of Skywalker’s ending, though, truly does Rey dirty.
If movies’ final scenes and shots are their final statements (and they are), the final statement of The Rise of Skywalker drags Rey back to the lonely place she began. The visual language places her alone in yet another desert, surrounded only by dead people and sand. Yes, she has friends elsewhere, but that’s just it – they’re offscreen. In addition to being kinda hokey, Rey taking the name “Skywalker” suggests that the Skywalkers are the family she’s been looking for all along – only, they’re all dead, and the one closest to Rey doesn’t even get to live on in the Force. That’s incredibly significant symbolically, especially since Rey was looking to fill the emotional hole of missing parents all along. If Abrams wanted the ending to say that Rey had found a new family in her friends, he would have placed her alongside that family. This ending is like ending Return of the Jedi on Vader’s funeral pyre instead of the subsequent celebration.

For anyone who’s struggled with isolation or loneliness, this ending is absolutely crushing. It tells those people that no matter what they do, they’ll always be alone; that their closest companions will all die; and through Ben’s absence, that the person with whom they connected most intimately will be straight-up forgotten. It confirms deep, terrible fears. Final images mean a lot, and this final image is damaging and hurtful, made all the crueller because Rey’s passed over in favour of cramming in yet another bit of Star Wars iconography.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens introduced us to a girl with abandonment issues who put on a dusty old space helmet and looked to the stars, yearning to be somebody. Numerous audience members no doubt saw themselves in Rey. The Last Jedi sent those audience members a message unprecedented in Star Wars: that even “nobodies” can become somebodies – they need only muster the spark to do so. Over-optimistic? Maybe. But in The Rise of Skywalker, anyone who identified with that girl in the desert is outright denied that optimism, told that their importance is pre-defined by a lineage out of their control. And worst of all, in its ultimate cinematic statement, it tells you that you’ll just end up alone anyway.

In another desert.

Surrounded by ghosts.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 31 Dec 2019, 8:17 pm

MaddieDove wrote:I think the French translation is wrong. In the original article, he says:

We knew that Rey and Ren were utterly key to this trilogy, but we also felt that there was no way that we were going to not find a path to redemption for Kylo Ren, the son of Han and Leia.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/12/24/star-wars-screenwriter-chris-terrio-on-ending-the-42-year-skywalker-saga/

It's a double negation, but in French it's only just negative clause concerning his redemption.
@MaddieDove

ah thanks!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 01 Jan 2020, 4:18 am

MaddieDove wrote:I think the French translation is wrong. In the original article, he says:

@MaddieDove

Ha, that makes more sense. I should have known they took only extracts and translated à la française i.e. badly - I am allowed to say that Smile Thanks for linking to the original article.

Still, the whole article is annoying. Palps being back as an old evil spirit doesn’t come across so well. You don’t feel it because they just expedite the revelation and talk and talk. Actually, the idea of evil spirit is not bad but you didn’t need an actual cackling Palps for that and you certainly did not need Rey Palps. Ben Solo should have been the central character realizing how manipulated his family has been and Palps could have started to corrupt Rey. Heck, they could have turned the whole thing upside down with Rey turning against the resistance and Ben working with them to save them. Imagine that!

Palps is a lame villain. I mean just giving him white eyes and having lightning shine on his face on and off in the introduction scene is such a lame effect. Compare Snoke in TLJ and Palps in TRoS. There was no such stupid effect with Snoke. Andi Serkis gave him a real presence and creepiness. By the way, another stupid question: how did Snoke have force powers? Was he entirely a puppet manipulated at distance by Palps from the UR? How can that go unnoticed in the force?

I had to lol when CT said JJ likes magic tricks. His magic tricks are lame.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 2:05 am

Forgive me if this has already been posted but the author of the article sums up exactly how I feel.
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/01/02/did-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-fail/pl

Looking at comments on other threads in this forum, it makes me genuinely sad seeing how all our hopes and dreams were dashed.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 11 Jan 2020, 3:17 am

@motherofpearl1 -weird. when I clicked on your link it got redirected to another article on dragonball. maybe the article has been deleted? did you copy it at all?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 11 Jan 2020, 8:00 am

DeeBee wrote:@motherofpearl1 -weird. when I clicked on your link it got redirected to another article on dragonball. maybe the article has been deleted? did you copy it at all?
No unfortunately I didn't, but that's a surprise.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27