Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

+35
Sad Man
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
rawpowah
Casper
Riri
SanghaRen
rey09
reylo1992
loversinthestorm
Geralt_Riv
Saracene
Moonlight13
Mila95
FrolickingFizzgig
MrsWindu
cherrylipstick
Lily Snape
Kylo Rey
SoloSideCousin
OrionStars
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
spacebaby45678
12 Parsnips
californiagirl
Gemini
Teo oswald
snufkin
ZioRen
nickandnora
tukicarreno
SkyStar
special_cases
Atenais
39 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 13 Nov 2019, 2:40 pm

Gemini wrote:@Atenais

Yah, I used to work in film and cinematography.  If you miss that composition..you miss the message.

I used to design posters too. It was no huge franchise but I was guided by directors and companies on what they wanted and where. They don't have to tell you the plot but they will tell you what they want.

Also....kylos head is on one focal point, rey on the other.  The column at the  bottom on a focal point.

I love this poster.
@Gemini

The Planet Sigil for Pluto was in the first Poster,Someone with very sharp eyes found the planetary symbol for Pluto right behind Kylo on the teaser poster for Tros. I think that is a pretty big clue.. A. Kylo being the god of death.. B. Than Kylo might Die

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 Tumblr_pxd378TKfU1y8hadgo1_640

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 945_all_symbols

Pluto is the god of the Underworld in Roman mythology. In Greece, there was a god who was just like Pluto called Hades
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Gemini Wed 13 Nov 2019, 2:51 pm

@Spacebaby45678

I hope he is the God of death like Arya, she conquers it and is reborn.

Edit - found the right place
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 13 Nov 2019, 3:03 pm

Gemini wrote:@Spacebaby45678

@Gemini

Is Arya the God of Death in GOT... ? She had a long kill sheet didn't she..
I know her name means LION in Hebrew and Aramaic...
Hence she gets to kill the KNIGHT KING.. Arya the conquering lion
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 13 Nov 2019, 3:05 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

Not the God of death, but she was representative of. She rode the pale mare. Symbolic "death rides a pale mare"
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 13 Nov 2019, 3:14 pm

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

Not the God of death, but she was representative of. She rode the pale mare. Symbolic "death rides a pale mare"
@Gemini

That is a powerful image.. One of the Knights of Ren has the Death Sickle on the marketing.. but it is Finn who rides the white space horse.. his name is Fin.. meaning the end... judgement...

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 220px-Gustave_Dor%C3%A9_-_Death_on_the_Pale_Horse_%281865%29

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 91D8GrdmjcL._AC_SL1500_
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 13 Nov 2019, 3:16 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

That is a powerful image.. One of the Knights of Ren has the Death Sickle on the marketing.. but it is Finn who rides the white space horse.. his name is Fin.. meaning the end... judgement...

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 220px-Gustave_Dor%C3%A9_-_Death_on_the_Pale_Horse_%281865%29

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 91D8GrdmjcL._AC_SL1500_
@spacebaby45678

Holy Sith the twin suns behind Reylo!

What poster is this? Is it official?

Also, yes the end of times horses of the apocalypse charge in the trailer lol.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 13 Nov 2019, 3:18 pm

@gemini

I think it was the advent calendar but yes.. twin suns
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 14 Nov 2019, 7:11 pm

JJ Abrams, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, and Kathleen Kennedy will be heading to Japan to promote Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The special fan event is on December 11th!

Source: starwarsjapan, sleemo

That's nice, but that's SAD. No Adam???

I just can't embed Twitter videos on this forum. D:

Last edited by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 14 Nov 2019, 7:31 pm

And once again .... NO ADAM.

I am sorry but I give up on the marketing of this movie, yeah, yeah I get that he is a walking spoiler, but come on! He can at least go and interact with the cast without revealing anything. Plus this is the last movie! Time to go big! JJ and LF know that a lot of fans want to see Adam & Daisy doing promo together and IMO it would certainly help the buzz for this film.

I am sad and very disappointed. I know that Adam will probably attend the LA and London premieres but that is about it most likely.
He never does any event with the cast as a group and this was the last chance. And my dream of a joint interview with Daisy and Adam? Never Happening! Neutral No
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 14 Nov 2019, 8:52 pm

tukicarreno wrote:And once again .... NO ADAM.

I am sorry but I give up on the marketing of this movie, yeah, yeah I get that he is a walking spoiler, but come on! He can at least go and interact with the cast without revealing anything. Plus this is the last movie! Time to go big! JJ and LF know that a lot of fans want to see Adam & Daisy doing promo together and IMO it would certainly help the buzz for this film.

I am sad and very disappointed. I know that Adam will probably attend the LA and London premieres but that is about it most likely.
He never does any event with the cast as a group and this was the last chance. And my dream of a joint interview with Daisy and Adam? Never Happening! Neutral No
@tukicarreno

There is still the possibility of them being on Jimmy Kimmel (I believe that is the talk show). The group (and it includes single, and select team interviews) usually has a designated show with him for promotion. Happened for TFA and TLJ, and I feel positive it will happen for TRoS, as well.

We shall see!

This oddly doesn't bother me too much. Not sure why
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 14 Nov 2019, 9:01 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

@tukicarreno

There is still the possibility of them being on Jimmy Kimmel (I believe that is the talk show). The group (and it includes single, and select team interviews) usually has a designated show with him for promotion. Happened for TFA and TLJ, and I feel positive it will happen for TRoS, as well.

We shall see!

This oddly doesn't bother me too much. Not sure why
@SW_Heroine_Journey

To be honest I just hate that only the Resistance group gets to go to Japan, and it's so strange because Kylo is like the most popular character in the sequel trilogy over there, so I don't understand what LF is doing with the TROS marketing. It's a mess really. No Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 14 Nov 2019, 9:30 pm

I heard it was scheduling conflicts. Last time it was Daisy with the scheduling conflicts, and she's the one who didn't get to go to Japan. Everyone is present for the junket, though nothing of substance comes out from those, lol. And yes, there are other opportunities on late night shows, the LA and possibly London premieres.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 15 Nov 2019, 2:56 am

@tukicarreno

He said he really wants to talk about his character but hasn't been able to for the past years. Theres something huge they are hiding. They want it to be a surprise for the audience?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Fri 15 Nov 2019, 3:13 am

I only hope that after the movie, we will have JJ and Adam promoting it in the way Rian did with Mark Hamill. They did lots of public talks just two of them, with live audience, not just short exchanges with silly talk show hosts. It is a feeble hope, I know, it seems they prefer to push Daisy as the lead. It's just sad how much they're neglecting and hiding the absolute star that came out from the trilogy (no offense to anyone, but now it is clear that Driver is in the completely other league than the rest of them).
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars Fri 15 Nov 2019, 3:31 am

tukicarreno wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

I am sorry but I give up on the marketing of this movie, yeah, yeah I get that he is a walking spoiler, but come on! He can at least go and interact with the cast without revealing anything. Plus this is the last movie! Time to go big! JJ and LF know that a lot of fans want to see Adam & Daisy doing promo together  and IMO it would certainly help the buzz for this film.

@tukicarreno

There is still the possibility of them being on Jimmy Kimmel (I believe that is the talk show).  The group (and it includes single, and select team interviews) usually has a designated show with him for promotion.  Happened for TFA and TLJ, and I feel positive it will happen for TRoS, as well.  

We shall see!

This oddly doesn't bother me too much.  Not sure why
@SW_Heroine_Journey

To be honest I just hate that only the Resistance group gets to go to Japan, and it's so strange because Kylo is like the most popular character in the sequel trilogy over there, so I don't understand what LF is doing with the TROS marketing. It's a mess really. No Neutral
@tukicarreno

With full respect, I wonder what kind of role Finn plays in TROS? because it seems like even though Boyega the "star" of the resistance gang has got all the chances to do the international press tour, he is still not satisfied with how his character was handled and he publicly showed his feeling on twitter and shaded the filmmakers. This film really has a weird marketing campaign, even the actors (except Adam who is still praising JJ and Rian) have a really strange way to promote their own film.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 15 Nov 2019, 3:48 am

MaddieDove wrote:I only hope that after the movie, we will have JJ and Adam promoting it in the way Rian did with Mark Hamill. They did lots of public talks just two of them, with live audience, not just short exchanges with silly talk show hosts. It is a feeble hope, I know, it seems they prefer to push Daisy as the lead. It's just sad how much they're neglecting and hiding the absolute star that came out from the trilogy (no offense to anyone, but now it is clear that Driver is in the completely other league than the rest of them).
@MaddieDove

Something tells me that it will be different this time. And the reason I say that is because I think there are big secrets around Ben Solo coming out and he will finally be able to talk. Here's hoping! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 15 Nov 2019, 8:12 am

Adam is going to finally open up after the movie is out. He already said it:

Are you glad that this adventure now comes to an end and you will never have to answer questions regarding “Star Wars” again?
Actually, I do not expect that people will stop asking me about “Star Wars”, be it in interviews or in the street. But I'm looking forward to being able to talk about these movies freely and without restraint for the first time in six years. So far, I always had to be extremely tight-lipped, simply to not reveal any secrets.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 15 Nov 2019, 10:59 am

John seems much more chipper this time out, which gives me hope for him in IX.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Fri 15 Nov 2019, 11:16 am

californiagirl wrote:I heard it was scheduling conflicts. Last time it was Daisy with the scheduling conflicts, and she's the one who didn't get to go to Japan. Everyone is present for the junket, though nothing of substance comes out from those, lol. And yes, there are other opportunities on late night shows, the LA and possibly London premieres.
@californiagirl

Adam is definitely doing the LA premiere for sure, because you can go on Omaze, donate to his charity, and win a chance to go with him, red carpet and all. (Someone already posted that, but I’m just reiterating it as part of the marketing discussion.)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 15 Nov 2019, 12:32 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
californiagirl wrote:I heard it was scheduling conflicts. Last time it was Daisy with the scheduling conflicts, and she's the one who didn't get to go to Japan. Everyone is present for the junket, though nothing of substance comes out from those, lol. And yes, there are other opportunities on late night shows, the LA and possibly London premieres.
@californiagirl

Adam is definitely doing the LA premiere for sure, because you can go on Omaze, donate to his charity, and win a chance to go with him, red carpet and all. (Someone already posted that, but I’m just reiterating it as part of the marketing discussion.)
@Lily Snape

Well yeah, but that is the minimum he can do. For the last movie of this trilogy, I was hoping he would do the full press tour with all his cast mates. It's been a while since TFA, now we hardly see him interacting with the others or doing promo together.. It's just disappointing and kind of sad. JMHO Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 15 Nov 2019, 7:50 pm

MaddieDove wrote:I only hope that after the movie, we will have JJ and Adam promoting it in the way Rian did with Mark Hamill. They did lots of public talks just two of them, with live audience, not just short exchanges with silly talk show hosts. It is a feeble hope, I know, it seems they prefer to push Daisy as the lead. It's just sad how much they're neglecting and hiding the absolute star that came out from the trilogy (no offense to anyone, but now it is clear that Driver is in the completely other league than the rest of them).
@MaddieDove

tukicarreno wrote:
Lily Snape wrote:
@californiagirl

@Lily Snape

Well yeah, but that is the minimum he can do. For the last movie of this trilogy, I was hoping he would do the full press tour with all his cast mates. It's been a while since TFA, now we hardly see him interacting with the others or doing promo together.. It's just disappointing and kind of sad. JMHO Neutral
@tukicarreno

Yes, I just want to see them promoting the movie together. C'mon, it's the last movie. Sad
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 15 Nov 2019, 9:13 pm

Atenais wrote:
@MaddieDove

tukicarreno wrote:
Lily Snape wrote:
@californiagirl

@Lily Snape

@tukicarreno

Yes, I just want to see them promoting the movie together. C'mon, it's the last movie. Sad
@Atenais

I know, it's very sad and frustrating. And it seems it will never happen at all. Crying or Very sad
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 15 Nov 2019, 9:14 pm

I can't be mad about the lack of Adam considering I get the sense he really doesn't like doing promotion like this. I'm sure it's just because he has schedule conflicts (the guy works nonstop, project after project) but if he really did manage to secure a cushy contract with "no Star Wars promo, no no" then good for him. Laughing

But seriously he's likely just busy.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 18 Nov 2019, 5:07 am

I'll tell you what I have found THE most interesting piece of marketing so far. Its the one with the twin suns behind Reylo (above) The clever use of symmetry of the poster adds to this possibility . I have a sneaky suspicion we may actually get a visual like this at the end of the movie, whilst they are walking into the sunrise/sunset.

Another indication is that Vanity Fair cover. They said there is a spoiler. To me they are clearly both looking at a binary sunrise/sunset. They are both positioned where the two suns would be in the sky as well. They are both appear to be looking at each others sun in the sky.

That's twice now that Reylo have been associated with the twin suns. We also got the twin suns in the D23 trailer.

I wonder, is there a thread where we can discuss all the visual clues in the films and marketing? Or is it OK to talk about it in here? Is it suited for this thread?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 18 Nov 2019, 5:26 am

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 2 41feb81100c91a12ec032ba45f51de0e729e3f27

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next