Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What you liked in TROS

+26
spacebaby45678
guardienne
unicorn
Riri
SkyStar
reylo1992
nickandnora
olyer
motherofpearl1
cherrylipstick
Darth Dementor
SW_Heroine_Journey
shii405
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Forsythia
bruna8728
Ramblingrose
MaddieDove
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonlight13
TheLastJedi
rey09
special_cases
Atenais
Froggy
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What you liked in TROS - Page 2 Empty Re: What you liked in TROS

Post by nickandnora Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:28 pm

Something I want to repeat from other threads and just put here: as much as I don't like Ben's death in a general sense, I do *sort of* appreciate what they might have been trying to do with the two previous times he almost dies. Those were times when things were DONE to him. His own death was a CHOICE he made, and in that sense it works because there is some agency to it in theory. So in that sense I think that was a good choice for the film to make; he *could* have walked away with his life and atoned, but he chose to save the woman he loved instead.

Now of course once you think about it beyond the specifics of that scene it falls apart for a lot of tragic reasons, but I do appreciate the contrast in how he actually went out versus the two other times he almost went out.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:41 pm

The problem is....
I
They seem to think everyone will be quite happy because Rey takes the Skywalker name.

But let's face it....Star Wars as the story of Skywalkers. Don't get me wrong. The Mandalorian is fantastic. But there's.... something missing. And that's the Skywalke
The haters moaned that Rian ruined SW.
But he isn't the one who killed off the last Skywalker and used Palpatine's granddaughter as the new Skywalker.

I disagreed with the haters. I argued that the OT had lived their lives o the full, and left an heir. But they killed off that heir, and destroyed Rey's character.

I honestly don't know if I will ever watch the OT again, not now the last Skywalker is gone.
If they'd wanted Rey to be the Skywalker they should have made her one from the start.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:41 pm

The problem is....
I
They seem to think everyone will be quite happy because Rey takes the Skywalker name.

But let's face it....Star Wars as the story of Skywalkers. Don't get me wrong. The Mandalorian is fantastic. But there's.... something missing. And that's the Skywalke
The haters moaned that Rian ruined SW.
But he isn't the one who killed off the last Skywalker and used Palpatine's granddaughter as the new Skywalker.

I disagreed with the haters. I argued that the OT had lived their lives o the full, and left an heir. But they killed off that heir, and destroyed Rey's character.

I honestly don't know if I will ever watch the OT again, not now the last Skywalker is gone.
If they'd wanted Rey to be the Skywalker they should have made her one from the start.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 24 Dec 2019, 3:21 pm

I totally forgot about rey's training part where Kylo messes with it. And you see all those visions. That was actually very very cool!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 25 Dec 2019, 3:37 am

Ben and Han for sure. “Dad” was the most emotional scene for me. One of the almost only slow, emotional scenes in the movie. And I loved redeemed Ben, that perfect scene where they look at each other with just a string of a lyrical melody.

Also Hux poor guy. Even if he was killed pointlessly.

Last edited by SkyStar on Wed 25 Dec 2019, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Wed 25 Dec 2019, 6:39 am

Harrison Ford.
He came and he did his part thoughtfully, with great respect to his, Carrie's and Adam's characters. With his gentle smile, he was generous acting partner to Adam, allowing him to create the believable moment of redemption. For all the accusations of being immensely charismatic actor with wooden acting, my understanding of Ford (my favorite actor for 35 years) is that he has great emotional intelligence and knowledge of his craft. I love him so much.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 25 Dec 2019, 7:33 am

Loved all the Ben and Rey scenes obviously. I actually appreciated the Leia and Rey scenes, it just displayed their mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship, Leia would have been so happy to learn that Rey fell in love with her son.

Also the Han scene was amazing!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Wed 25 Dec 2019, 10:30 am

The Han - Ben scene above all. When he says "I have no home, she´s gone", it killed me, he was so lost. Sad
That´s one of the few scenes in this movie I could get emotionally invested.
Mostly the Kylo - Rey scenes, but sometimes the stupid and wooden dialoges spoiled it for me.
The whole rescue scene except Ben´s death.
Surprisingly Poe, especially his interaction with Zorri on Kijimi
Snap Wexley biting the dust
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 25 Dec 2019, 7:50 pm

MaddieDove wrote:Harrison Ford.
He came and he did his part thoughtfully, with great respect to his, Carrie's and Adam's characters. With his gentle smile, he was generous acting partner to Adam, allowing him to create the believable moment of redemption. For all the accusations of being immensely charismatic actor with wooden acting, my understanding of Ford (my favorite actor for 35 years) is that he has great emotional intelligence and knowledge of his craft. I love him so much.
@MaddieDove

Own, you're so right. Their scene together was amazing, very emotional. Maybe, the only moment that movie took a breath.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 26 Dec 2019, 5:49 am

i think in retrospect it's pretty much everything, it makes no sense as a movie much but good lord it's enjoyable to me.

the shrug finn gives when they are with babu frikk and nobody knows what he's saying.

finn/poe were wonderful together. goddamit disney, allow some queer romance in your movies!!!!

rey finally giving him an answer after 3 movies of beating around the bush.

reylo1992 wrote: Rey sending Finn away once and for all
@reylo1992

so much that.

i don't understand why the choice was made to constantly have finn worry over her. it's like he hasn't seen the previous movies and hasn't worked out she's very capable.

it's harsh how she does it but good lord kylo ren is definitely her business.

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 27 Dec 2019, 2:00 am

If I shut my brain off.. TROS is a technically good Star Wars movie

Fast paced, snappy dialogue, action packed, beautiful visuals throughout..

First I loved Billy Dee.. his voice has not changed an ounce..
Finn & Poe..
Oscar brought the energy loved Poe in this movie
Harrison Ford
Chewie crying for Leia ( made me cry)
I loved that Leia had a funeral.. and I loved that Poe was there grieving for her.
For Kylo.. Mom is home and if Leia is gone there is no home to go to anymore.. ( I felt that)
Babu Frik
D-O
REG.. I thought he was finally a cut to cast Imperial
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 27 Dec 2019, 2:43 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:If I shut my brain off.. TROS is a technically good Star Wars movie

Fast paced, snappy dialogue, action packed, beautiful visuals throughout..

@spacebaby45678

i feel people forget about that. after the weird slo-mo chase of TLJ, it was a breath of fresh air just to feel that excitement again.

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 27 Dec 2019, 5:40 pm

I hate about 90% of TRoS but with my teeth clenched, I will try to list what I liked.

- All Ben Solo scenes
- Poe in general (he swapped seats with Finn, whom I dislike a lot in TRoS to put it mildly)
- BB-8 in general but then I have to mention that I could have done with less R2-D2 and C3-PO because why do I need all these old droids eating up at the story of the new generation?
- All Rey Ben scenes even if the first ones had expository dialogs. Special mention to when they are fighting over the cargo freighter. I like when they compete with each other. It really feels like a couple having an argument with each one trying to have the last word just because. He even lets her walk away after the explosion. Same in the battle on the death star wreckage. And I liked in that one that he was dominating but giving her a chance every time to stand up and attack. Unfortunately, the battle is then followed by the most unnecessary sequence on Ahch-To for more retconning and nostalgia s***
- Rey’s training but I did not buy Leia training her
- The shot of Ben’s face, eyes filled with tears, while holding Rey is haunting me

I thought I had more, but it was too difficult for me to even enjoy the visual aspects and little good moments.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 17 Jan 2020, 11:31 am

• Kylo on his dark side journey (it should have been more and better, but it's at least there)
  • "I have been every voice you've ever heard inside your head" (if only they'd done something with that)
  • That Kylo isn't trying to kill Rey at the beginning of the movie but wants to ally
  • "Win the war"
  • More immaturity between Kylo and Hux because the stupid helmet is back
  • The stupid KOR (if only there was more to show what morons they are or something of the relationship between them and Kylo)
  • Rey meditating in the jungle, "Be with me"
  • Some of the Rey/Leia stuff (but there's also a lot of cringe in it like "never underestimate a droid")
  • The Pasaana festival
  • How the setting changes when Rey and Kylo connect on Pasaana (I wish it would have changed on both ends)
  • "You wanted to take my hand. Why didn't you?"
  • Poe/Rey lightsaber/flashlight joke (it was silly but I did laugh)
  • Rey healing the sand worm and BB-8 being interested to learn about it
  • Rey destroying Kylo's first TIE
  • Rey using Force lightening and Kylo being affected by this (if only it meant more in the plot)
  • The KOR following them in space (if only it wasn't such a brief cut)
  • 3PO's arc actually added more depth to his character
  • Rey and Kylo connecting on Kijimi and the "I'll come tell you" line
  • Rey in Kylo's room (if only they'd done more with that)
  • Rey causing the destruction of the Vader helmet
  • Kylo being the one who somehow has figured out the Force dyad thing, as the nature of their connection remains a driving question for him
  • Rey finally encountering her own memories about her past, it was nice to see her parents
  • Rey leaping onto the Falcon
  • The creepy interior of the old Death Star
  • Rey's vision of her dark self (without the teeth)
  • Kylo ducking as Rey tries to strike him
  • The violent waves as they are fighting (if only the fight was better)
  • Rey stabbing Kylo and healing him
  • "I did want to take your hand, Ben's hand"
  • Rey stealing Kylo's second TIE
  • Kylo attempting to reconcile with his father and mourning his mother
  • Rey destroying Kylo's second TIE (except I didn't like that she went back to Ahch-to at all, or that she got rid of her only means off, or that the x-wing had to be raised... ugh)
  • "What are you doing?!" exasperated Luke asks
  • Since we have to have the x-wing raised, parking the TIE and x-wing together on Exegol (how cute)
  • Ben Solo everything (wanted more)
  • ALL Rey and Ben interactions (wanted more)
  • When Palpatine calls Rey his grandchild, when he says "the only family you have here is me," when he recognizes that she has made her "new family" because that is how she sees it (there's so little connection between them, this is all there is and I guess it's better than nothing)
  • When Rey is laying there staring at the stars
  • Ben giving his life to revive Rey
  • I didn't mind the melancholy desolate feeling of Rey on Tatooine or that it is only her and BB-8, I don't mind Luke and Leia in the sky
  • Rey's new lightsaber
  • Some things about the Force dyad - I definitely liked that it was built up even further and that through it Rey and Kylo can do even more (it's a great follow through from how after they connect in TLJ there is water from Ahch-to on his hand). The Force dyad also can contain the huge jump in Force powers within its bounds
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 29 Jan 2021, 2:47 am

Looking back...
Han and Ben. That and Ben Solo.
REy healing Kylo ( if only she hadn't been the one to injure him).
Seeing Lando, even though he was wasted.
The visual effects.
The sinking sands.....even if they were a bit Raiders of the Lost Ark rip off.
Every one of Adam's scenes.

I sent my brother the youtube clip of Han and Ben, and he frankly told me although he has no desire to see TROS in full just those three minutes moved him to tears; he was bowled over that Adam managed to put so much emotion into that one scene. It has exactly the same effect on me.

Although I am no longer interactive on the 'forum whose name I won't mention', I occasionally pop over just to see what they are doing, and the Kylo/Adam hatred is sadly still endemic - one poster, who I've clashed with before, even had the audacity to criticise Adam's acting and said it was 'overshadowed' by John and Daisy! Okay, the individual is a Finn fan, but come on....John was good but Adam was spectacular, and it's highly unfair that some people are allowing their hatred of a character bleed into their appreciation of the man playing him. Thing is, he will always be the best thing in the ST. Disney failed to appreciate it, and they can elevate the others as much as they like with post TROS content, but it won't make the slightest difference.
Kylo Ren/Ben Solo was and is the most fascinating character in the ST. In fact as far as this fan is concerned, the entire saga.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by alvajames Sun 02 Apr 2023, 1:45 am

I liked a lot of things in the rise of skywalker
The return of iconic characters such as Lando Calrissian and Emperor Palpatine.
The stunning visuals and special effects.
The thrilling action sequences, including the final battle on Exegol.
The emotional scenes between Rey and Leia.
The growth of Finn as a character, as he becomes a true leader.
The development of Poe Dameron's backstory.
The redemption of Ben Solo (Kylo Ren).
The satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga.
The use of classic Star Wars music and themes.
The exploration of the Force and its powers.
The humor and banter between the main characters.
The introduction of new planets and locations, such as Kijimi and Kef Bir.
The return of the Ewoks.
The message of hope and perseverance in the face of adversity.
The importance of friendship and teamwork.
The inclusion of diverse and inclusive characters.
The cameo appearances by Wedge Antilles and Wicket the Ewok.
The reveal of Rey's true lineage.
The exploration of the Sith and their history.
The use of practical effects and puppetry.
The explanation of how Palpatine survived his apparent death in "Return of the Jedi."
The symbolism and themes of light versus dark.
The use of callbacks to previous Star Wars films.
The closure to the storylines of characters such as Chewbacca and C-3PO.
The return of Luke Skywalker as a Force ghost.
The introduction of new Force powers, such as Force healing.
The exploration of the concept of destiny and whether it can be changed.
The emotional impact of the death of certain characters.
The exploration of the history of the Jedi Order.
The overall excitement and satisfaction of seeing the conclusion to the Skywalker saga.
The unique design of Kylo Ren's lightsaber, with its unstable, crackling red blade.
The symbolism of Kylo Ren's lightsaber representing his inner turmoil and conflict.
The use of Kylo Ren's lightsaber in several iconic fight scenes, including the final battle between Kylo and Rey on the ruins of the Death Star.
The importance of Kylo Ren's lightsaber to his character arc, as he eventually abandons it and embraces the light side of the Force.
The inclusion of the repaired, stable version of Kylo Ren's lightsaber in the movie's promotional materials, which kept fans guessing about his character's fate.
The use of Kylo Ren's lightsaber as a visual representation of the Sith's destructive power and influence.
The use of Kylo Ren's lightsaber in the opening scene of the movie, which immediately sets the tone for the action-packed adventure to come.
The inclusion of a brief flashback sequence showing Kylo Ren constructing his lightsaber, which provides insight into his character's motivations and backstory.
The inclusion of Kylo Ren's lightsaber in several scenes that pay homage to iconic moments from the original Star Wars trilogy, such as the battle in the snow on Starkiller Base.
The use of Kylo Ren's lightsaber as a powerful storytelling tool, which helps to reinforce the movie's themes of redemption and self-discovery.

alvajames
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by jesseherbert Sun 04 Jun 2023, 10:22 pm

I liked lot of aspects in TROS. However, I am enlisting few of them here
Epic Lightsaber Duels: TROS featured intense lightsaber battles between Rey and Kylo Ren, showcasing their skills and the power of the Force.
Rey's Jedi Training: Fans enjoyed seeing Rey's continued growth as a Jedi, as she honed her lightsaber skills and embraced her role in the Force.
Rey's Yellow Lightsaber: Rey's yellow lightsaber at the end of the film symbolized her forging her own path and embracing her identity as a Jedi.
The Revival of Emperor Palpatine: The return of Emperor Palpatine added a sense of continuity to the saga and brought an iconic villain back into the storyline.
Emotional Farewells: TROS provided heartfelt farewells to beloved characters like Leia Organa, giving them a proper sendoff and honoring their legacies.
Redemption Arc for Ben Solo: Kylo Ren's redemption and transformation back into Ben Solo resonated with fans, highlighting the complex and conflicted nature of his character.
Emotional Reunion of Han Solo and Kylo Ren: The scene between Han Solo and his son, Kylo Ren, was emotionally charged and provided closure to their strained relationship.
Intense Space Battles: TROS delivered exhilarating space battles, showcasing the grand scale and epic nature of the Star Wars universe.
The Exegol Sequence: The climactic battle on Exegol, with its massive fleet and high stakes, provided a visually stunning and action-packed sequence.
The Sacrifice of General Holdo: General Holdo's sacrifice in "The Last Jedi" was referenced and given further context, highlighting the impact of her actions.
Rey's Jedi Mind Trick: Rey's Jedi mind trick against the stormtroopers showcased her growing mastery of the Force and her resourcefulness in dire situations.
Poe Dameron's Growth as a Leader: Poe Dameron's journey as a leader and his struggles with responsibility were further explored, providing depth to his character.
Finn's Dedication to the Resistance: Finn's unwavering loyalty to the cause of the Resistance continued to shine through, emphasizing his growth as a character.
C-3PO's Humor: C-3PO's witty remarks and comedic moments brought levity to intense situations, keeping the film's tone balanced.
Nostalgic Cameos: TROS featured several nostalgic cameos, including Lando Calrissian, Wedge Antilles, and the voices of Jedi from the past, evoking a sense of nostalgia for longtime fans.
Rey's Force Healing: Rey's ability to use the Force for healing showcased a new aspect of Force powers and added depth to her abilities.
The Redemption of Hux: General Hux's unexpected decision to aid the Resistance against the First Order added a surprising twist to his character arc.
Kylo Ren's Repaired Helmet: The repaired helmet of Kylo Ren symbolized his recommitment to the dark side and added visual flair to his character.
Rey and Kylo Ren's Force Bond: The connection between Rey and Kylo Ren through the Force created dramatic and emotionally charged moments throughout the film.
Rey's Final Confrontation with Palpatine: The climactic battle between Rey and Emperor Palpatine showcased her strength and determination in confronting the ultimate evil in the galaxy.

jesseherbert
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Jun 2023, 4:07 am

You know....looking back on the film, its few highlights only serve to make me feel sad that it was so awful; those 'good bits' show it could actually have been a decent film - even a great one.

I despise Rey Palpatine and the Emperor's return but it could have been handled differently....if Ben had killed him, to save Rey from having to kill her own grandfather, and Rey been the one to heal him, it would have been more true to the spirit of SW - Ben's sacrifice would have been his atonement and the two of them could have left to start a new life together...and Rey could have left the building of a new Jedi academy to Finn.

Instead DLF seem to have wanted Rey to do everything, and there was no place for Ben except as a life force donor. Can you imagine the uproar if they had done the opposite?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2