Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

+48
teltaru
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
WillowMeena
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
guardienne
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
panki
Gemini
MindAndMagic
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Armadeus
Geralt_Riv
jakkusun
Reylo Lemon
MelBee
snufkin
BenRey
Xylo Ren
BastilaBey
Mana
ZenBrainJam
kassadin
IoJovi
YoloKylo
Airemyn
AnneNeville
Helix
SanghaRen
Rogue Rey
CienaRee
Force22
MoonlitMoss
MyOnlyHope
Moonjump05
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
52 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 15 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm

It is so funny but Collier Movie talk has,a, whole segment dedicated to buying or selling a movie based on the trailer alone.....It is a great segment. TFA's trailers made people cry...I love watching those trailer reactions. ..I have never loved war movies they are not my thing but I have always loved fantasy Sci fi...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by guardienne Sun 16 Oct 2016, 11:53 am

Queen of the Knights wrote:It's very true you can't really judge the story based on trailers (as we know from TFA), but it does look really promising and I believe it won't disappoint. The premise is simple, we pretty much know the outcome, it's all about execution really. There's less pressure this time round as RO doesn't have to set up future instalments because it's not part of a saga so I think we can safely enjoy it as a great, self-contained piece of entertainment. It includes some of my favourite actors (Mads Mikkelsen in particular), it's hard to go wrong with a cast like this. The reshoots rumours were really blown out of proportion in the media IMO, hopefully we'll still get the gritty, original style they had in mind. We've never had a SW movie that really felt like a ''war'' movie, it's refreshing. It's also a chance to show you can have engaging characters outside of the Skywalker family. One of the things I liked (and it seems like it's becoming a recurring element in the new wave of SW movies) is that they like showing characters as children, first Rey in TFA and now Jyn. It could happen with Kylo as well as we explore his story further (don't forget about ''the boy looking at the stars'' spoiler, which surprisingly few people have paid attention to so far). So yeah, definitely not the levels of excitement we'll have for VIII (no Kylo Sad ), but I'll still go see it for sure. It's actually easier for me to watch something I'm not emotionally invested in. Just for pure entertainment. Whatever happens, it's highly unlikely I'll be disappointed because I have no expectations whatsover. The best part is after it finally comes out, we'll probably get a lot more details on VIII. Wink
@Queen of the Knights

exactly EXACTLY.

that'll be nice not to have anxiety over a movie per se. i like to go into things knowing as little as possible and i rarely watch lengthy tales so i'm really learning patience here at the moment. but with R1 nothing bad can happen Sapristi
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 17 Oct 2016, 12:20 am

Someone has combined all the RO teasers and trailers released till date and created a cuper cut:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:25 am

What if the scene where Krennic and Galen meets under the rain, was when the Imperial found out that it was Galen who leaked the secret to the Rebels and Krennic was there to execute him? And I wonder if it also takes place in the same location as the place where all the kyber crystals are being harvested and that Jyn and her team are there in the same rainy mountains range place, not only to stop the Imperial but also attempts to save her father who likelihood of beings killed is very high
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:28 pm

I find these two scenes very similar with a ship/tree or something in the background, and won't the scene with Kylo landing on Achto be very similar to Krennic landing on Jyn's planet?

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7gq3YJH81v3o2r3o1_540
ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7gq3YJH81v3o2r3o2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Mon 17 Oct 2016, 2:50 pm

i know you guys have discussed names already, but galen really reminds me of this very influential roman doctor ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galen
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:06 pm

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o1_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o4_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o3_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o8_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o7_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o5_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o2_1280 ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_of7i8zryCU1rvrm24o6_1280
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 17 Oct 2016, 4:09 pm

Riz Ahmed is such a babe. And my husband keeps sayin that Krennic looks like a middle-aged Magneto Razz.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 17 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

EchoBase wrote:Riz Ahmed is such a babe. And my husband keeps sayin that Krennic looks like a middle-aged Magneto Razz.
@EchoBase

I agree on both! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 17 Oct 2016, 8:17 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
EchoBase wrote:Riz Ahmed is such a babe. And my husband keeps sayin that Krennic looks like a middle-aged Magneto Razz.
@EchoBase

I agree on both! Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Riz Ahmed would make a much more interesting LI for Jyn especially since he's ex Imperial. Also, he's more photogenic than Luna, at least on all R1 promo material including trailers. This poster is no exception.

I can see Mendo easily morph into Ian McKellen!Magneto but not Fassbender.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:12 am

did you see nightwalker @echobase? or 4 lions?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:15 am

@guardienne: no, unfortunately not. I was planning to watch "nightwalker", as soon as I've got more time.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:38 am

@echobase they are both interesting films. i think he makes a lot of fairly political choices. it is nightwalker or nightcrawler? why can't i remember this?

but anyway, i love the cast for this. does anyone know who plays the droid?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:44 am

@guardienne: oh, I've mixed it up. It's nighcrawler, the one with Jake Gyllenhaal, right? I've watched it long time ago, but really can't remember the details Wink. Have to watch it again. I thought you meant the mini-series he was in recently. "The night of". Would love to watch that.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Tue 18 Oct 2016, 4:09 am

@echobase haven't even heard of a longer programme... riz ahmed is hilarious in nightcrawler. darkly hilarious.

anyway, four lions is super-hilarious if you can stomach comedy about suicide bombing.

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 18 Oct 2016, 5:37 pm

I don't check this thread often, so sorry if this was discussed way back, but are there substantial spoilers (like from MSW) that Cassian and Jyn are love interests or is that just speculation?
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 18 Oct 2016, 6:06 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:I don't check this thread often, so sorry if this was discussed way back, but are there substantial spoilers (like from MSW) that Cassian and Jyn are love interests or is that just speculation?
@Xylo Ren

Just speculation based on the trailers/marketing.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 20 Oct 2016, 11:05 am

http://people.com/movies/riz-ahmed-rouge-one-big-screen-the-night-of-star/

I didn't know he went to college with Felicity Jones. Nice.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:55 pm

Get it, Felicity! And the top paycheck for Rogue One goes to:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/felicity-jones-is-the-highest-paid-actor-on-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-reshoots-more/

The article also reveals that KK and Alan Horn were instrumental in her casting.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 25 Oct 2016, 9:36 am

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 636129212667099731-AN1-085525-R

Because top men in the Empire such as Grand Moff Tarkin — played in the original Star Wars by Peter Cushing — are upper-class types, Edwards recalls Mendelsohn asking if he should adopt “a very posh English accent.” But the director preferred Krennic, the man in charge of the advanced weapons research wing of the Imperial military, not be a part of that boys club.

USA TODAY
Exclusive excerpt: 'Rogue One' book sets up new 'Star Wars' movie

“It feels like if the Empire ever have a job vacancy, they go to the Royal Shakespeare Company to headhunt people,” Edwards says. “I like the idea that Ben’s character was much more working-class” and rose in the ranks “through sheer force of personality and ideas.”
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

EchoBase wrote:http://people.com/movies/riz-ahmed-rouge-one-big-screen-the-night-of-star/

@EchoBase

Goodness, I had no idea he studied philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford. Handsome + intelligent => ultimate hotness.

My favourite young(ish) actor, Harry Lloyd, also went to the same Oxford college with Felicity, and I think they both studied English lit.

I assume few people will have heard of Harry Lloyd. Laughing Which is a shame. He would deserve a much bigger career IMO.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:25 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
EchoBase wrote:http://people.com/movies/riz-ahmed-rouge-one-big-screen-the-night-of-star/

@EchoBase

Goodness, I had no idea he studied philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford. Handsome + intelligent => ultimate hotness.

My favourite young(ish) actor, Harry Lloyd, also went to the same Oxford college with Felicity, and I think they both studied English lit.

I assume few people will have heard of Harry Lloyd. Laughing Which is a shame. He would deserve a much bigger career IMO.
@Darth Dingbat

I did heard. Not only that. Harry was great in Game of Thrones.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:09 am

I must admit I am very curious about Galen Erso. Maybe he is the R1 character that interests me the most at this point.
Sounds like tragic and complex stroy.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/mads-mikkelson-on-galen-erso-and-the-death-star/
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:40 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:I must admit I am very curious about Galen Erso. Maybe he is the R1 character that interests me the most at this point.
Sounds like  tragic and complex stroy.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/mads-mikkelson-on-galen-erso-and-the-death-star/
@Darth_Awakened

I'm very curious as well.....I remember this creepy story in legends that the Head of Imperial Projects who designed the Death Star suffered a lot at the hands of Vader, Tarkin and the Emperor.... he was force choked and had to recover in a bacta tank...and later the Emperor was angry with him, had him executed in a slow and painful way, then resurrected him in a clone body... he repeated this 6 times, using different methods of execution- every time he felt the architect wasn't showing enough enthusiasm for the DS project...and the poor guy would have memories of his previous deaths. When I saw this image of Galen Erso, I wondered if he was resurrected or was recovering from injuries in a bacta tank.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 87

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 28 Oct 2016, 10:25 am

I just found this and could not resist:

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 - Page 20 Tumblr_ofq9b561Ok1v3mytco1_1280

http://trash-for-reylo.tumblr.com/image/152409572541
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next