Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

+48
teltaru
Birdwoman
Kyla Ren
WillowMeena
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
guardienne
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
panki
Gemini
MindAndMagic
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
Armadeus
Geralt_Riv
jakkusun
Reylo Lemon
MelBee
snufkin
BenRey
Xylo Ren
BastilaBey
Mana
ZenBrainJam
kassadin
IoJovi
YoloKylo
Airemyn
AnneNeville
Helix
SanghaRen
Rogue Rey
CienaRee
Force22
MoonlitMoss
MyOnlyHope
Moonjump05
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
52 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 Empty ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 1:55 am

Today we are going to see a first trailer of this....

I am must admit that just for now I am not sure what I think about that movie.
I plan to watch it anyway.

I am interested to know what everybody else think of it?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:14 am

When is it coming out? The trailer...gimme a link Wink

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:37 am

Arcana wrote:When is it coming out? The trailer...gimme a link Wink
@Arcana

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-to-have-a-trailer-on-gma-tomorrow-clip-teased/

They want to show it on Good Morning America. So I think, in Europe we can watch it at 1 pm CET? Not sure.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:58 am

I think the story is set during the time of the battle of Yavin ......that would be super exciting.....but in the EU, Leia was involved with the rebels at this time....I wonder how they're going to show that.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 4:39 am

Haven't heard rumors about her appearance in the film yet. But I read a while ago that they are going to show us a badass-Vader. Have to search for the source.

Edit: here's a link: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/darth-vader-star-wars-rogue/.
Nothing is confirmed yet. But it would be really really exiting to see him in action again.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 4:51 am

EchoBase wrote:Haven't heard rumors about her appearance in the film yet. But I read a while ago that they are going to show us a badass-Vader. Have to search for the source.

Edit: here's a link: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/darth-vader-star-wars-rogue/.
Nothing is confirmed yet. But it would be really really exiting to see him in action again.
@EchoBase

I heard in somewhere that we're going to see Vader fighting in a battlefield situation...something we've never seen in a movie before....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 07 Apr 2016, 4:54 am

Imo, they would be foolish to not have Vader in this. Right now, the only thing that interests me about RO is the possibility of seeing Vader.  Although I feel he won't appear 'too much' which is fine.

I'm also curious about the shadowtroopers (stormtroopers in black uniforms). I wonder what the difference will be between them and regular troopers, other than the black uniforms.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:00 am

panki wrote:
EchoBase wrote:Haven't heard rumors about her appearance in the film yet. But I read a while ago that they are going to show us a badass-Vader. Have to search for the source.

@EchoBase

I heard in somewhere that we're going to see Vader fighting in a battlefield situation...something we've never seen in a movie before....
@panki
That's what I heard, too. That he uses the lightsaber in a way it wasn't used before. But I can't find the exact source.

Edit: found it. http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/a-classic-villain-will-have-some-action-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:05 am

Oh...we might be seeing Form V or Shien.....Vader had adapted form V to work with his mechanical suit.....it involves holding the lightsaber in a reverse grip so the fighter can send blaster bolts back at the attacker by deflecting it with the lightsaber.....something like what Kylo does in the Takodana woods...it looked amazing when Kylo deflected the bolts from one gun....imagine Vader deflecting multiple bolts!!! Shocked

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 Latest?cb=20150402043945

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:10 am

Kessel89 wrote:Imo, they would be foolish to not have Vader in this. Right now, the only thing that interests me about RO is the possibility of seeing Vader.  Although I feel he won't appear 'too much' which is fine.
@Kessel89

This .
Big bad grandpa Vader!
And Mads Mikkelsen probably Wink
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:15 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:Imo, they would be foolish to not have Vader in this. Right now, the only thing that interests me about RO is the possibility of seeing Vader.  Although I feel he won't appear 'too much' which is fine.
@Kessel89

This .
Big bad grandpa Vader!
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, I've always enjoyed Vader, but now when I think of him, I also think...awww, that's Kylo's grandpa. Smile I know that's what I'll be thinking when I see Vader in RO.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:17 am

panki wrote:Oh...we might be seeing Form V or Shien.....Vader had adapted form V to work with his mechanical suit.....it involves holding the lightsaber in a reverse grip so the fighter can send blaster bolts back at the attacker by deflecting it with the lightsaber.....something like what Kylo does in the Takodana woods...it looked amazing when Kylo deflected the bolts from one gun....imagine Vader deflecting multiple bolts!!! Shocked

ARCHIVE: Rogue One - first spinoff movie - 1 Latest?cb=20150402043945
@panki

That sounds amazing. Can't wait for the trailer. Is it online already? Have to check it in my lunch break. Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:31 am

Kessel89 wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Kessel89

This .
Big bad grandpa Vader!
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, I've always enjoyed Vader, but now when I think of him, I also think...awww, that's Kylo's grandpa. Smile I know that's what I'll be thinking when I see Vader in RO.
@Kessel89

I must admit I was always a strong Vader s fan. Just liked the character. And I would be pretty much excited about him in RO, despite the "sexy" grandson. Which is interesting because I never thought of Vader being sexy (not even Anakin). But he was totally cool baddie.
Must be some Solo genetics in Kylo Very Happy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:46 am

Loved him too. Even in that Disney Infinity game he was that ice-cold badass. But I'm still undecided if I'm going to watch that movie, maybe I'll just wait until someone uploads all Vader scenes on YouTube a year later (and enjoy the great GIFs on tumblr until then). No doubt he'll be epic in that movie, if anything Disney has shown us in TFA that they're pretty creative about how the force can be applied in combat.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:23 am

I'll probably go see the movie to watch Vader and Donnie Yen (like his movies)......I'm hoping we'll get to see some amazing fight sequences.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:43 am

Thanks for opening this thread @Darth_Awakened. I'm sitting here patiently watching for this trailer and it's good to have a place to talk about it.

To be honest, Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker is still my favorite SW character. I would love to see more of him, especially his early days. I'm starting to get excited about Rogue One, which I haven't been up until now.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:58 am

Wait is over!
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:02 am

Imo, the best thing about the trailer was the image of that cloaked/hooded figure in black kneeling.

My first impression of the trailer is that it didn't feel Star Wars-y. It's grainy, gritty. More like Hunger Games part 1 than Star Wars, imo. I like it but I didn't get any chills, lol.

It does sound cool, and I like that the chick Felicity Jones plays is being touted as the main guy. "What will you become?" and the musical cue at the end...foreshadowing about Rey? Is this Rey's mom who later turned to the dark side? I wonder if we're meant to wonder that.

Not surprised we didn't see Vader proper. I think they'll keep him under wraps until the release date approaches.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:13 am

i really like the music they have used for the trailer. the star wars theme but played on ... something else...? i like felicity jones too.

i'll probably watch. it doesn't look crap and i still haven't seen a garth jones movie, so this could be my first??!!
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:29 am

I just saw the trailer...Is it weird but this didn´t have much of a starwarsy feeling for me...It looked more like Mass Effect N7...I loved it...she reminds me of my renegade Shepard hahaha....I´ll go watch this movie, for sure Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:32 am

Little_Boots wrote:Just saw the teaser for Rouge One. Looks kinda........ boring
@Little_Boots

no it looks un-star-warsy as my esteemed rogue colleague @arcana points out.

i don't care that much. felicity jones is good. i am indifferent towards space battles, though.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:36 am

I am so a rogue....mononoke rogue...always play a assasin/sniper type of character from the shadows

Last edited by Arcana on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:59 am

I loved that teaser. LOVED it. It's a completely different beast from TFA - more like the comics?

But it looks great and I'm fangirling so hard right now. bounce
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:00 am

Dingle, me too Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:01 am

you would make a very good assassin Very Happy i'm kinda loving the few glimpses of miss jones. maybe we could get some interesting storm trooper as well?
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next