Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

+45
Rogue Rey
Hasi
BenRey
Magnolia_3.0
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Mana
spacebaby45678
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
IoJovi
AnnLouise
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Force22
Jozie
Airemyn
Search Your Feelings
SanghaRen
Maria26
Queen Rey
MyOnlyHope
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Gemini
Zeralyos
rey09
Helix
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
panki
Darth Dementor
AnneNeville
RKR Connection
MoonlitMoss
49 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 9 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:00 am

It's trending on FB and a lot of people are saying they don't believe him because of the Khan debacle. So they think he'd repeat that mistake? Where's the link/quote/article of him saying he regretted that? I only became a big Trek fan after Into Darkness so I didn't follow any hype about it. Didn't even know he was asked about Khan.

I could see their argument of accusing him with Khan 2.0, but if he publicly regretted it, then I say "Nay! I cannot!"
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 9 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:01 am

CienaRee wrote:It's not even their interviews who've more or less debunked Rey Skywalker.In the documentary JJ also says he wanted a nobody to discover Luke(correct me if I'm wrong since I don't have the DVD with me yet I've just read comments by those who have it) and Dausy also says Rey finds a family in people she's not related to.
Also what Daisy says about Rey's parents not bring a big deal makes sense if JJ was being truthful when he saud her parents are not in TFA so Rey Skywalker is deffinatly debunked as far as I'm concerned.Don't let damage cintrol(made in the laziest way possible,I may add )convince you otherwise.
@CienaRee

Yes, in documentary JJ says that it's really exciting to him that "this brand new character discovers Luke". He meant Luke as the legend because he previously talks about what a legend Luke is.

There's nothing, absolutely not a single thing that supported Rey Skywalker ever since the movie came out. In fact, people from the production or connected to it did a lot to debunk it in roundabout way. pablo shot down every single theory that Rey Skywalker hung on:

Rey was taken to Jakku after Jedi school massacre - FALSE! Rey was abandoned years before Jedi school destruction

Whoever you're waiting for are not coming back. But someone still could - Maz is talking about TWO DIFFERENT THINGS/PEOPLE, someone is not coming back (one thing/people), someone still could (another thing/people)

DR's interview that says her parentage is not a big deal and it's more important where she is going as a character instead of who she is from. or something.

JJ flat out saying that parents are not in TFA. Pablo playing along in his usual cryptuc way. Calling Kylo the Skywalker in TFA.

JJ's laughably weak DC that [REDACTED] that parents are in TFA but "maybe in Rey's world". World =/= movie.

It's debunked. It's just that House of the Mouse was not happy and when studios panic we get LOLtastic DC that always confirms the original slip.

Can someone explain to me what DR did? I keep hearing about that but don't know what happened.

@Xylo Ren Difference between Khan and Reygate is that Khan was rehersed public statement. Reygate caught him off guard. There was no DC after Khan. he flat out lied and the movie came out and there was Khan. He didn't slip Khan, he lied. He never retracted it before the movie came out. Totlaly different situation from Reygate, which is obvious slip that shouldn't have happened (hence DC), not a rehearsed lie.

Last edited by Berhan on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : disallowed words)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:03 am

@vaderito,thanks for the clarification.Now I'm even more convinced JJ used the word discover on purpose when he did damage control since be uses that word to describe Rey finding Luke.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:06 am

@Vaderito, Daisy was in the Reylo tag on Instagram watching last night's celebration. No one tagged her - she was in there on her own - she posted in caps WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?!?!!

Not giving anything away of course, but most DEFINITELY lifting our spirits even higher!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

IoJovi wrote:@Vaderito, Daisy was in the Reylo tag on Instagram watching last night's celebration. No one tagged her - she was in there on her own - she posted in caps WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?!?!!

Not giving anything away of course, but most DEFINITELY lifting our spirits even higher!!!
@IoJovi

Who was celebrating? Reylos on Instagram?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:20 am

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:@Vaderito, Daisy was in the Reylo tag on Instagram watching last night's celebration. No one tagged her - she was in there on her own - she posted in caps WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?!?!!

@IoJovi

Who was celebrating? Reylos on Instagram?
@vaderito

Yep!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:29 am

Force22 wrote:Yeah, and "WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?", for me , is based on the fact that "it all" is true. It all being the revelation that Rey is not a Skywalker. And, in the Reylo tag, well, what's the obvious answer for that question? Of course, "could" is just a possibility, not that it's necessarily true...

I think that she, like Pablo, took the clue that it was okay to take JJ's statement as a reveal. Of course, it's subtle enough not to be noticed.

Wasn't she tagged? @AppleCrumble122 are you sure of that? If she wasn't tagged, then this is really huge.
@Force22

I don't know the distinctions between different kinds of tagging, but the post was hashtagged #daisyridley... but not @daisyridley.

@vaderito: Daisy's comment was like this:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 9 4A4lOse

Different devices show the emojis differently, I think - in some they look like those "weary cats", but in some (like this) they're shocked cats.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:29 am

Someone said she was tagged? How can we check that?

@Darth Dingbat

so we need to determine what phone she has...(rooting for iPhone!)

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:30 am

I don't think she was tagged, but I could be wrong.

And yes, there is the line, "It's all true. All of it."

Man my heart is singing with joy today!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

hmmm #daisyridley...that's not necessarily tagging her, I think that's just a search term. She could've been searching herself or...a different search term Confus
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:34 am

Well, the post is here and it does have the hashtag #daisyridley:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEPovgnFG65/?taken-by=_.reylo._

But I do find it significant that she makes a cheeky "WHAT CAN IT ALL MEAN?!" comment on a Reylo post, of all places. She could have alluded to the parentage question in some equally cheeky way without the Reylo angle.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:35 am

@Darth Dingbat It definitely sounds rhetorical to me...she knows that we know Very Happy

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:37 am

I checked it. She was tagged.

But that doesn't change anything, does it? She didn't have to comment it Wink.

Last edited by EchoBase on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:37 am

Xylo Ren wrote:hmmm #daisyridley...that's not necessarily tagging her, I think that's just a search term. She could've been searching herself or...a different search term Confus
@Xylo Ren

That's true, she would have been looking for posts in the #daisyridley tag, in that case. Only @daisyridley comes directly to her.

Well, who knows. Presumably celebrities on social media do search themselves, but I still find it interesting that she chose that post to make a comment.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

@Darth Dingbat

Exactly! She didn't have to say anything...but she did... Cool Cool

no one twisted her arm! Just saying!
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

Force22 wrote:It's here https://www.instagram.com/p/BEPovgnFG65/?taken-by=_.reylo._

#DaisyRidley tag doesn't necessarily tag her specific profile. Of course DR might lurk and watch that hashtag.
@Force22
I don't do Instagram so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure tagging is @Someone, not #Someone. #Someone just means they're relevant to the post. It doesn't give them a notification or anything.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:40 am

EchoBase wrote:I checked it. She was tagged.
@EchoBase

I also checked, she hasn't been tagged in the previous comments... | & the OP wrote #daisyridley, not @daisyridley scratch
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:57 am

I made a snapshot, in this case of "tagging", does she get a notification?

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 9 Image40
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:00 am

@EchoBase Oh she has been identified! (I haven't seen it) | Yep she might have received a notification then.

Last edited by Berhan on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:05 am

If she wasn't tagged @ in the previous comments before hers, then she was following the her #tag, scrolling through all the pics with herself #tagged in it. She gets tagged in a lot of stuff so it's awesome she chose to comment on this.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:30 am

Airemyn wrote:I can't believe what I missed over night! Smile

I don't care about the redaction by JJ, he was clearly warned by Disney because he said too much. What an exciting night - my partners' mum joined the Reylo crew after watching the film for the first time and this happens! I have never felt more sure that we are right. Twisted Evil
@Airemyn

I think we can all agree that this was damage control at its best!
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:36 am

Surely he HAD to know what he said the first time around. I didn't see the actual video. Was there an audience reaction? I can't imagine there wasn't one. If there was one, he would have clarified it then if that wasn't his original intention to debunk Rey Skywalker.

He MUST have gotten pressure higher up to retract his statement.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next