Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

+45
Rogue Rey
Hasi
BenRey
Magnolia_3.0
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Mana
spacebaby45678
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
IoJovi
AnnLouise
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Force22
Jozie
Airemyn
Search Your Feelings
SanghaRen
Maria26
Queen Rey
MyOnlyHope
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Gemini
Zeralyos
rey09
Helix
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
panki
Darth Dementor
AnneNeville
RKR Connection
MoonlitMoss
49 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 13 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:43 am

Gemini wrote:
vaderito wrote:JJ said in the Documentary that they wanted this "brand new character to discover Luke Skywalker" as in "Luke the legend". Definitely not a legacy.
@vaderito

And then the director of 9 says (when specifically talking about who rey is and her lineage) that  he's not creating a host of new characters and the answer to reys lineage means no one will be left behind. Doesn't sound like random character to me. Not in the slightest. Heavily implies that rey is linked to someone  specifically from the saga who will not be left behind.

Jj, when not specifically talking about reys lineage but instead her journey has his words taken out of context in terms of thinking brand new means non legacy. By this logic (that legacy characters can't also be called brand new), it would mean that Kylo Ren is not a brand new character. Of course he is brand new, (despite his connections) because he's never been seen or introduced until TFA.

Someone can still be a brand new character and still be connected to a legacy. If they have never been seen before on film and are then introduced in a new film, that would make them a new character despite still being connected to others we have seen before. Her being unaware of who she really is and her journey being about discovering Luke skywalker again feeds into this idea.

A young girl living in solitude, who is portrayed as someone with a mysterious past, and doesn't know who she is and is unaware has a call to adventure, one which is about discovering and helping the skywalkers. Like it just can't be more clear to me that he is not implying random. The destiny of discovering and helping the skywalkers in the main saga would fall to a random? Not likely imo.

Rogue one is the film with new random characters, not the main saga. This is clear with how they introduced Jyn vs Rey,
@Gemini

And Catalyst The Rogue One novel, begins with Jyn as beautiful baby, whom the main villain meets, as a baby!? Now this is how you introduce a random, from the beginning.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 13 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by vaderito Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:49 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:

And Catalyst The Rogue One novel, begins with Jyn as beautiful baby, whom the main villain meets, as a baby!? Now this is how you introduce a random, from the beginning.
@spacebaby45678

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 13 Twibaby

Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:51 am

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 13 Twibaby

Twisted Evil
@vaderito

That is such a pretty baby Very Happy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:53 am

Wow that cgi
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 23 Oct 2016, 6:56 am

@spacebaby45678 Jacob Black looks totally like young Orson Krennic. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:08 am

vaderito wrote:@spacebaby45678 Jacob Black looks totally like young Orson Krennic. Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Jacob is Native American, yes? Mendo is Jewish and half Scandanavian, yes? I don't see the resemblance at all... Confus
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:10 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
vaderito wrote:@spacebaby45678 Jacob Black looks totally like young Orson Krennic. Twisted Evil
@vaderito

Jacob is Native American, yes? Mendo is Jewish and half Scandanavian, yes? I don't see the resemblance at all...
@spacebaby45678

What'sHisFaceThatPlayedJacob is not Native. He just played a Native character. They both have long, wolfish faces.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:14 am

That clip is incredibly creepy lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:22 am

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@vaderito

Jacob is Native American, yes? Mendo is Jewish and half Scandanavian, yes? I don't see the resemblance at all...
@spacebaby45678

What'sHisFaceThatPlayedJacob is not Native. He just played a Native character. They both have long, wolfish faces.
@vaderito

Lol, Hollywood and their casting practices are ridiculous...anyway Evil or Very Mad  But, no I still don't see the resemblance,

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 13 MV5BMjA3NzcyMDcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQwMTczMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Mon 26 Dec 2016, 6:17 pm

SOMEONE READ Star Wars the Force Awakens: King's Story by Elizabeth Schaefer? TODAY, I READ TWO VERSES DIFFERENT ABOUT WHAT IS MENTIONED IN THIS BOOK ON THE PARENTS OF REY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WHAT IS REALLY MENTIONED IN THE BOOK. SO SHE REMEMBERS THEIR EXISTENCE, DOES IT REMEMBER IF IT WAS LEFT BY THEM OR JUST LEFT BY SOMEBODY?
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 6:48 pm

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:SOMEONE READ Star Wars the Force Awakens: King's Story by Elizabeth Schaefer? TODAY, I READ TWO VERSES DIFFERENT ABOUT WHAT IS MENTIONED IN THIS BOOK ON THE PARENTS OF REY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WHAT IS REALLY MENTIONED IN THE BOOK. SO SHE REMEMBERS THEIR EXISTENCE, DOES IT REMEMBER IF IT WAS LEFT BY THEM OR JUST LEFT BY SOMEBODY?
@Magnolia_3.0

I haven't read Rey's Story nor do I have a copy of it. From a review I read, the details are sketchy, as is Rey's memory, when it comes to her parents.

This is the relevant passage from the review I read... http://www.thecantinacast.net/2016/02/24/book-review-reys-story-the-force-awakens-by-elizabeth-schaefer/

In this edition, we find out that Rey wasn’t left behind on Jakku, not exactly. As Rey tells it, she was held back from getting on that transport we see fly off world. And that’s not all, Rey also remembers her parents being there with her at first, but now, isn’t too certain that they’re alive. Unfortunately for Rey, her memory betrays her and she struggles to remember them or anything about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 26 Dec 2016, 6:53 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:SOMEONE READ Star Wars the Force Awakens: King's Story by Elizabeth Schaefer? TODAY, I READ TWO VERSES DIFFERENT ABOUT WHAT IS MENTIONED IN THIS BOOK ON THE PARENTS OF REY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WHAT IS REALLY MENTIONED IN THE BOOK. SO SHE REMEMBERS THEIR EXISTENCE, DOES IT REMEMBER IF IT WAS LEFT BY THEM OR JUST LEFT BY SOMEBODY?
@Magnolia_3.0

I haven't read Rey's Story nor do I have a copy of it. From a review I read, the details are sketchy, as is Rey's memory, when it comes to her parents.

This is the relevant passage from the review I read... http://www.thecantinacast.net/2016/02/24/book-review-reys-story-the-force-awakens-by-elizabeth-schaefer/

In this edition, we find out that Rey wasn’t left behind on Jakku, not exactly. As Rey tells it, she was held back from getting on that transport we see fly off world. And that’s not all, Rey also remembers her parents being there with her at first, but now, isn’t too certain that they’re alive. Unfortunately for Rey, her memory betrays her and she struggles to remember them or anything about them.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I think the Reywalker theory is deader than a doornail at this point, but I think that if Rey's parents were with her on Jakku, she would know one of them isn't Luke Skywalker, whom she's already aware of, and refers to as a myth...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:07 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

I read this article you mentioned, which made me very interested in the book. But then I came across this that says the following:

"It is also revealed in the book that Rey has absolutely no memory of her family or her life before Jakku. She knows someone left her there, but beyond that, she has no idea why or where they went."

Http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/swnn-review-star-wars-the-force-awakens-reys-story.html

I wonder which of these would be correct?
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:48 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

I could have sworn that I had seen a blurb from JJ's commentary (I think it was JJ) describing the Unkar scene from Rey's Forceback as "here is where Rey is being taken from her parents" or something like that. That would fit with that passage in that it likely isn't going to turn out to be a straight up "left behind for her safety" scenario like there was with Jyn.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 26 Dec 2016, 7:57 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

I could have sworn that I had seen a blurb from JJ's commentary (I think it was JJ) describing the Unkar scene from Rey's Forceback as "here is where Rey is being taken from her parents" or something like that. That would fit with that passage in that it likely isn't going to turn out to be a straight up "left behind for her safety" scenario like there was with Jyn.
@ISeeAnIsland
I think what's most likely to happen is that instead of leavingRey for her protection they leave her with Unkar Plutt expecting either for him to kill her or for her to die on her own.It will also be a reverse of Jyn's story with Rey beliving her family are good people who will come back for her only to realize that's not true which might lead to her having some sort of breakdown since her beliving she'll be reuited with her family is pretty much what kept her going(and it will also be different than the Luke-Vader revelation since unlike Vader Rey's parents did raise her the first couple of years of her life so they knew they had a daughter unlike Vader).Kylo's already had his in TFA so I'm fully expecting Rey to have one as well.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Mon 26 Dec 2016, 8:04 pm

CienaRee wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland
I think what's most likely to happen is that instead of leavingRey for her protection they leave her with Unkar Plutt expecting either for him to kill her or for her to die on her own.It will also be a reverse of Jyn's story with Rey beliving her family are good people who will come back for her only to realize that's not true which might lead to her having some sort of breakdown since her beliving she'll be reuited with her family is pretty much what kept her going(and it will also be different than the Luke-Vader revelation since unlike Vader Rey's parents did raise her the first couple of years of her life so they knew they had a daughter unlike Vader).Kylo's already had his in TFA so I'm fully expecting Rey to have one as well.
@CienaRee

Oh my gosh! I need to read this book! Why do I have the impression that children's books are more revealing than the adult novel?
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 26 Dec 2016, 8:15 pm

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland
@CienaRee

Oh my gosh! I need to read this book! Why do I have the impression that children's books are more revealing than the adult novel?
@Magnolia_3.0
I'm pretty sure I have Rey's story.I'll check out where she mentions her parents and I'lllet you know exactly what she says about them.
The children's books are deffinatly more revealing.I think it was in the junior novalization but there was a passage where Rey's still on Jakku with BB-8 and thinks about how that voice that says ''I'll come back to you,sweetheart'' never leaves her completly(btw Pablo's mentioned on twitter that that's a man's voice so it's interesting if Rey's remembering her father's voice maybe?)

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 26 Dec 2016, 8:57 pm

That baby is not cute, it's scary looking. Sad
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 26 Dec 2016, 9:07 pm

CienaRee wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland
@CienaRee

@Magnolia_3.0
I'm pretty sure I have Rey's story.I'll check out where she mentions her parents and I'lllet you know exactly what she says about them.
The children's books are deffinatly more revealing.I think it was in the junior novalization but there was a passage where Rey's still on Jakku with BB-8 and thinks about how that voice that says ''I'll come back to you,sweetheart'' never leaves her completly(btw Pablo's mentioned on twitter that that's a man's voice so it's interesting if Rey's remembering her father's voice maybe?)
@CienaRee

Doesn't either the children's or the YA novelization imply that Rey had had nightmares about Kylo even back on Jakku?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 27 Dec 2016, 1:13 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Doesn't either the children's or the YA novelization imply that Rey had had nightmares about Kylo even back on Jakku?
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't know about the children's novel, but the adult novel has this passage from the Takodana scene:

"Turning to run in the other direction, she caught herself just in time as a shuttle touched down nearby. Without the slightest hesitation, the cloaked figure of Kylo Ren emerged and strode forward to join the battle. A stunned Rey could only track him with her eyes. She had seen this man before, in a daydream. In a nightmare."

The passage seems to indicate that in an earlier script version (which Foster used to draft the novel), Rey was supposed to see Kylo exiting his shuttle in Takodana?  Instead, in TFA she sees his shuttle hovering in the sky, then later sees him in the forest.  I'm not sure if the daydream/nightmare passage is literal or if it was Foster's interpretation of  Rey finding Kylo familiar.  I think there may be something indicating Rey finds Kylo familiar, in both a positive and negative way and that's what the daydream/nightmare meant? We already know the negative familiarity is likely from the Force back (where Kylo was terrifying), so why and where does the positive familiarity come from?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 27 Dec 2016, 3:33 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Mrs Ben Solo

@ISeeAnIsland
@CienaRee

@Magnolia_3.0
@CienaRee

@ISeeAnIsland
Yes it does,like @Kessel89 pointed out it says that Rey's seen Kylo before in a daydream and a nightmare which is interesting choice of words as it implies that Rey dreaming about Kylo wasn't an entirely horribale experience.

@Magnolia_3.0
Here's the passages from Rey's story where Rey's thinking about her parents:
Rey was eavesdropping on a particularly interesting conversation about a new Teedo settlement when she saw him.A little boy,no more than seven or eight cycles old,exciting a nearby ship.Holding the little boy's hand was an older woman who,from the way she looked at the boy with such love and attention,must have been the boy's mother.The boy pointed excitedly at the starge alliens who passed by them.He must have had a million questions about the new planet.His mother reached down and playfully ran her hand through the boy's hair.Absentmindedly,Rey mimicked the mother's loving gesture,softly stroking the salvage in her hand.Rey had no memory of her parents.She didn't know why they had left her there.For all she knew,they were long dead.Yet Rey couldn't help hoping that one day a transport would arrive and her parents would walk down the ship's ramp and back into her life.

''So...goodybe.''Rey began walking toward Unkar's stall.
BB-8 beeped and Rey started to laugh.
''Oh,really?''she asked.''Now you can't leave?I thought you had somewhere special to be.''
BB-8 replied with a sheepish-sounding beep.
Rey had been teasing the little droid,but his response caughter he completly off guard.
''You're waiting for someone...'' Rey glanced over at the spaceport.Every day,whether she addmited it to herself or not,she watched the ships come and go.She wiated for someone-her parents,a friend,anyone- to arrive and tell her it was over.That she didn't have to wait anymore.That someone had finally returned to her.
BB-8's beeping interrupted her thoughts.
''What?No,I'm not crying!''Rey was furious at herself for her moment of weakness.
BB-8 made a noise that sounded too much like a chuckle.
''I was not!''Rey insisted.
BB-8 teased her all the way to Unkar's trading stall.By the time they had reached his shady window,Rey was laughing at herself,yoo.She was still a little suspicious of the droid,but she was starting to like him.

So yeah,Rey says she doesn't remeber her parents but just because she doesn't remember how they look doesn't mean she doesn't know thier names.I'm thinking she might have repressed any memoy she had of them because she was very traumatized by them leaving her(plus she subconciously knew they weren't coming back which makes it even worse for a 5 year old to handle that)

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Tue 27 Dec 2016, 4:47 am

@Magnolia_3.0
Rey was eavesdropping on a particularly interesting conversation about a new Teedo settlement when she saw him.A little boy,no more than seven or eight cycles old,exciting a nearby ship.Holding the little boy's hand was an older woman who,from the way she looked at the boy with such love and attention,must have been the boy's mother.The boy pointed excitedly at the starge alliens who passed by them.He must have had a million questions about the new planet.His mother reached down and playfully ran her hand through the boy's hair.Absentmindedly,Rey mimicked the mother's loving gesture,softly stroking the salvage in her hand.Rey had no memory of her parents.She didn't know why they had left her there.For all she knew,they were long dead.Yet Rey couldn't help hoping that one day a transport would arrive and her parents would walk down the ship's ramp and back into her life.

''Oh,really?''she asked.''Now you can't leave?I thought you had somewhere special to be.''
Rey had been teasing the little droid,but his response caughter he completly off guard.
''You're waiting for someone...'' Rey glanced over at the spaceport.Every day,whether she addmited it to herself or not,she watched the ships come and go.She wiated for someone-her parents,a friend,anyone- to arrive and tell her it was over.That she didn't have to wait anymore.That someone had finally returned to her.
''What?No,I'm not crying!''Rey was furious at herself for her moment of weakness.
BB-8 teased her all the way to Unkar's trading stall.By the time they had reached his shady window,Rey was laughing at herself,yoo.She was still a little suspicious of the droid,but she was starting to like him.

So yeah,Rey says she doesn't remeber her parents but just because she doesn't remember how they look doesn't mean she doesn't know thier names.I'm thinking she might have repressed any memoy she had of them because she was very traumatized by them leaving her(plus she subconciously knew they weren't coming back which makes it even worse for a 5 year old to handle that)[/quote]

@CienaRee

Oh my gosh! I loved this! Thank you so much for the your help ... do you have the book by Elizabeth Schaefer? I want to know how Rey felt about Kylo! Today I found this translation of a book in Chinese (I do not know the author), it is amazing how they describe the bond that formed between Kylo and Rey.  bounce

http://reylogarbagechute.tumblr.com/post/139720830973/whisperingmoonlight1010-from-reylos-fans-in
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 27 Dec 2016, 5:58 am

Magnolia_3.0 wrote:@Magnolia_3.0

So yeah,Rey says she doesn't remeber her parents but just because she doesn't remember how they look doesn't mean she doesn't know thier names.I'm thinking she might have repressed any memoy she had of them because she was very traumatized by them leaving her(plus she subconciously knew they weren't coming back which makes it even worse for a 5 year old to handle that)

@CienaRee

Oh my gosh! I loved this! Thank you so much for the your help ... do you have the book by Elizabeth Schaefer? I want to know how Rey felt about Kylo! Today I found this translation of a book in Chinese (I do not know the author), it is amazing how they describe the bond that formed between Kylo and Rey.  bounce

http://reylogarbagechute.tumblr.com/post/139720830973/whisperingmoonlight1010-from-reylos-fans-in[/quote]
@Magnolia_3.0
Oh,yeah I loved that as well.Unfortunately Rey's story(which was written by Elizabeth Scaefer)isn't very Reylo friendly in a snese that it doesn't go into a lot of detail like the other novalizations do.Here are somebits from the book:

That was when the shuttle caught her eye.Its enormous black wings folded skyward as the ship landed softly on the planet's grassy soil.An exit ramp extended,and a feeling of dread washed Rey.
A man in a long black cloak walked out of the shuttle,Rey immediatly recognized the silver mwaks that covered his face.It was Kylo Ren,the First Order's darkest warrior.

When Rey woke up,she saw the weathered mask of Kylo Ren hovering above her.Reflexively,she reached for her blaster but then realized she was locked in an interrogation chair.
''Where am I?''Rey demanded.
Kylo paused for a moment before replying.''You're my guest.''
He lifted a hand and the restraints around her arms clicked open.Rey tried to hide her surprise as she rubbed her sore wrists.She still wanted answers.
''Where aee the others?''
''The traitors,murderers,and thieves you call friends?''he aksed.''You'll be relived to hear that I have no idea.''
Rey's relief was matched only by her anger at the cruel man.What kind of game was he playing?
Kylo sensed her thoughts.''You still want to kill me.''
''That happens when you're being hunted by a creature in a mask.''Rey spat.
Kylo considered her a moment,then reached up and removed the mask.
Rey was stunned.She had expected the face of a monster-twisted and scarred.But nothing about Kylo's face showed the darkness inside him.With his wavy black hiar and dark eyes,he looked no different from the young men Rey saw scavenging on Jakku.
But when he spoke,Rey was immediatly reminded of the power and evil concealed by his ordinary face.''I know you've seen the map.I can take whaetver I want.''
''Then you don't need me to tell you anything,''Rey replied.
''True.''KyloRen accpeted her challenge.

Rey held her blaster high as han and Chewie plated the explosives throught the oscillator room.They were so close to finishing their mission.She and Finn even checked the upper ctawalk and sure the are was secure.
Rey looked down into the oscillator room below them,and her heart scipped a beat.How had she not sensed him?The evil pulsing around  him was unmistakable.Kylo Ren was standing on another catwalk below them.
...Home?Suddenly Rey registered the resemblance between the father and son.But how?How could Han Solo's son have turned to the First Order?
...She took one more lookd down at Kylo Ren.Their eyes met, a flash of recognition crossing his face.He rose to his full height and headed for her with long strides.

''I don't want to kill you'',Kylo said as their weapons sparked.
Rey laughed.''Don't you?''
''You need a teacher,''Kylo explained.''I can show you the ways of the Force.''
Rey wasn't buying a word of it.''You're a monster.''
She intensified her attacks,sensing more than seeing where he would strike next.Her blade cut across Kylo'' face before connecting with his saber hilt.Kylo's weapon went flying into the snow.
Rey stood above him with her lightsaber raised.He was defenseless.She could strike him down right then and end it all.
With a great rumble,the ground betwene them split apart.A deep ravine opened wider and wider,untill Kylo wenr beyond Rey's reach.Her revenge had been taken from her,but Rey had still won the fight.
She watched as Kylo stumbled away from the battlefield.His men soon found him and escorted him to an escape shuttle.

Her life would never be the same.She might never return to Jakku.She might never reunite with her parents.Finding BB-8,meeting Finn,running into Han and Chewie- a series of accidents had led her there.This time,she wanted to make a choice.
''If you were in my place,would you go?''Rey asked.
Leia sat next to Rey and took her hand.''That's a diecions only you can make.''Leia paused for a moment,then continued.''But when you dod ecide to go-''
Rye gean to rpotest,but Leia raised her had.''Trust me,you will.And when you go,promise me you'll be careful.''She shook her head.''The Force is powerful.I know you must have sensed it when you foguht Kylo.The temptation,the darkness can be...''
Rey didn't need her to finish.She knew that Kylo was Leia's son.The idea that the child of two such extraordianry people could fall to the dark side side was frightening.
But Rey would not let fear of the past stop her from embracing the future.Leia was right: Rey had a journey to go on.
The next morning Rey gazed at Finn in the medbay,She hated to leave his side when the future seemed so uncertain.But it was a choice she has to make.
She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.''I'll come back for you next time'',she promised.
Rey gathered her thing and headed for the landing field.She didn't know whne she would return,but somehow she knew she would see Finn again.
...Leia absentmindedly adjusted the collar of Rey's jacket.
''When I was young,''she said,''I could jave trained to become a Jedi mysefl.''
Rey sensed Leia's concenr.''As unprepared as I feel,I know this is right.''
She had started to board the Falcon when she heard Leia behind her.
''Rey'',Leia began,''may the Force be with you.''

Sorry,I aslo put the last part wtih Finn and rey leaving because I find it funny how the authors seem to have no idea wether to portray Fnnrey as frienship or romance. Laughing The parts with Leia were nice though.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 Tue 27 Dec 2016, 6:57 am

@CienaRee

I loved it! Thank you again, for sharing! It became clear as water, that Rey is not a Skywalker! And frankly when I see this whole picture, I can not think of a different ending for Kylo than his redemption! Leah deserves a little happiness in this life, she has had so many losses!
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Tue 27 Dec 2016, 11:02 am

Kessel89 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't know about the children's novel, but the adult novel has this passage from the Takodana scene:

"Turning to run in the other direction, she caught herself just in time as a shuttle touched down nearby. Without the slightest hesitation, the cloaked figure of Kylo Ren emerged and strode forward to join the battle. A stunned Rey could only track him with her eyes. She had seen this man before, in a daydream. In a nightmare."

The passage seems to indicate that in an earlier script version (which Foster used to draft the novel), Rey was supposed to see Kylo exiting his shuttle in Takodana?  Instead, in TFA she sees his shuttle hovering in the sky, then later sees him in the forest.  
@Kessel89

I've always had the same impression...the Lego TFA game seems based on an earlier script too (probably the same?) and it also shows Rey staying to see Kylo exiting the shuttle. In the movie you just see Rey staring at his shuttle (and I like it because it's so tropey, same as the camera zooming in on her face while she listens intently and with a dreamy look to Han speaking about "a boy"), but then she gets distracted by the stormtroopers and runs away after shooting them. Personally I like the movie version better, I love that their first physical meeting is in a forest (again, sooooo tropey) and as JJ said everything about it has the "two trains colliding" feeling.
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next