Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

+58
Gemini
12 Parsnips
special_cases
Lovely_Rose
Teo oswald
spacebaby45678
DeeBee
Man Without A Star
Starliteprism
LadyGaufrette
rey09
Geralt_Riv
MaddieDove
SW_Heroine_Journey
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
cherrylipstick
Saracene
loversinthestorm
rawpowah
Blood Moon
vaderito
whisperingwillow
nickandnora
Sparkle
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
californiagirl
MrsWindu
kroi
ZioRen
Riri
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Night Huntress
SkyStar
Tex
Helix
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
jakkusun
SanghaRen
EchoBase
Armadeus
BastilaBey
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
panki
Moonjump05
Rimfaxe96
Sylvia Snow
MoonlitMoss
62 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by rey09 Sun 26 Aug 2018, 3:47 pm

Did the TLJ comics end? I dont remember seeing pics of last reylo moment

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Empty Re: General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories

Post by rawpowah Sun 26 Aug 2018, 3:54 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yeah they are really highlighting the Solo side of the family. Ben's connection with his dad and Ben embracing that legacy to heal the wounds caused by the Skywalker legacy could easily be something that happens in IX. Not to mention bringing the Solo name at the same level of importance as the Skywalker one.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 26 Aug 2018, 4:55 pm

@“rey09” the final issue of TLJ comic adaptation is released 12 September - 1 more issue to go!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 9:24 am

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_pe7mxck7rQ1qhg012o1_640

Source http://glompcat.tumblr.com/post/177511983656/glompcat-poe-dameron-2016-2018-annual-2

Poe Dameron (2016 - 2018) Annual #2 - Written by Jody Houser - Art by Andrea Broccardo - Colors by Stefani Renee

Baby Ben!  More of Operation Bendemption Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 9:29 am

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_pe7roee5zX1qhg012o1_1280

End of Episode 8, and now Episode 9 in a nutshell Very Happy

"A knee down at the end of Act Two, the hero solves his issues in Act Three, changes and wins the day.  Always."

Star Wars Adventures #13 - Intermission Part II - Written by Elsa Charretier & Pierrick Colinet - Art by Elsa Charretier - Colors by Sarah Stern

Source: http://glompcat.tumblr.com/post/177511221926/star-wars-adventures-13-intermission-part-ii
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_pe7mxck7rQ1qhg012o1_640

Source http://glompcat.tumblr.com/post/177511983656/glompcat-poe-dameron-2016-2018-annual-2

Poe Dameron (2016 - 2018) Annual #2 - Written by Jody Houser - Art by Andrea Broccardo - Colors by Stefani Renee

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Am I the only one who still can't get used to Han's beard? Shocked
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:35 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_pe7mxck7rQ1qhg012o1_640

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Am I the only one who still can't get used to Han's beard? Shocked
@LadyGaufrette

Haha! It is different! I admit wondering if Harrison will have a cameo in IX in a World Between Worlds scene or a fever dream with Ben, and he will have a beard. Beard causes him to appear regalish...like a lion...so...more Lion King parallels..."He lives in you!" haha Very Happy "Remember who you are" A Solo with a heart of gold damnit. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Haha! It is different! I admit wondering if Harrison will have a cameo in IX in a World Between Worlds scene or a fever dream with Ben, and he will have a beard. Beard causes him to appear regalish...like a lion...so...more Lion King parallels..."He lives in you!" haha Very Happy "Remember who you are" A Solo with a heart of gold damnit. Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Disney shifted the release of Indiana Jones from July 2019 to July 2020, maybe so Harrison could play in SW?
I see what you mean with his beard looking like a lion, but it doesn't go with my headcanon of Kylo looking like Kovu. Laughing
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:36 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Disney shifted the release of Indiana Jones from July 2019 to July 2020, maybe so Harrison could play in SW?
I see what you mean with his beard looking like a lion, but it doesn't go with my headcanon of Kylo looking like Kovu. Laughing
@LadyGaufrette
Very Happy lol I love the gifs/tumblrs that connect Reylo to Lion King 2. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 5:03 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

@LadyGaufrette
Very Happy lol I love the gifs/tumblrs that connect Reylo to Lion King 2. Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Me too, I love this movie and was happy to see other people see the connections. It also has a very SW ending (I maybe see the same ending for IX Twisted Evil ).
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 04 Sep 2018, 1:20 pm

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 04 Sep 2018, 2:17 pm

@Moonlight13
I like this adaptation H-beating

Moonlight13 wrote:
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_peik72dhmo1sme70lo1_1280
@Moonlight13
And once more, Kylo is on his knees. Twisted Evil
(Rey too, because they are equals)
I love how it seems he is looking at their hands while Rey is looking at his face like an enamored girl.
(Wait a minute, why are those buns still there? Shoo! I want mature Rey's hair.)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 04 Sep 2018, 4:43 pm

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tumblr_pejsa8bJ8W1xfvw25o1_500

Credit to @pacificwanderer - first saw on her tumblr - http://pacificwanderer.tumblr.com/

As she wonderfully points out "Ben, you say?" due to “On Crait, Rey feels everything….And for the last time, she connects with Ben.”

I feel that I need to emphasize to the people who don't see it (not necessarily antis, just the shruggers) - this is the last scene with Ben in TLJ, and this is about Rey's observation at the end of TLJ, movie 2 out of 3 - we have one more to go! lol

Choo! Choo! Bendemption train! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 11 Sep 2018, 11:41 am

I found an international cover for The Last Jedi Graphic Novel Adaptation by Alessandro Ferrari.
Reylo cover of course. Cool
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Tlj_jeunesse

The normal cover is this one,
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 499?cb=20180727074407

For TFA, there was a normal cover and two 'reylo' covers.
TFA Graphic Novel Covers:
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:27 pm

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:26 pm

Hi all I posted this in TLJ thread but this is creating debate online though personally I don’t think it’s anything to worry about :
New Rey and Kylo dialogue from the TLJ adaptation
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/9f7q7t/new_rey_and_kylo_dialogue_from_the_tlj_adaptation/?st=JLZESXN6&sh=3140e7dc

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 C4f73410
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 12 Sep 2018, 12:32 pm

Hey all , I know this is a double post -( apologies mods ) but this is a different subject -This is from the vader comic #21 and it’s so sad . I got feels reading this online - basically Vader went to mustafar because he still believed that he could bring back padme - from the dead ! Also how many times has the emperor in this series talked about Vader and him being one ? Now this could be just emphasising that they represent one will because they work together but what if it’s more than that ? What if it’s some kind of dark side physical merge ? Moreover what if it’s foreshadowing of some sort ?
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 13c1a410
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 7e854a10
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Eb28c710
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 72e44010
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 80eece10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 12 Sep 2018, 1:23 pm

@AhsokaTano
I also don’t see any reason for debate in that TLJ adaptation screenshot. Sorry, but people are really masochistic and should start worrying about RL topics instead.

Back to the TLJ novel adaptation for kids which I will only get in October Crying or Very sad I found these. Connix is very cute. And Hux is handsome. I ship them. Heck, even Leia looks like a cute little old lady in these. Can you tell that I am totally into cute kiddy cartoon styles?

Spoiler:
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 12 Sep 2018, 2:29 pm

@SanghaRen
They all look really cute and Han in
A new hope and Return of the Jedi in particular really reminds me of Kylo way they’ve drawn him Smile
I have all of those adaptations as you can get the whole Star Wars saga and they are all wonderful. Am waiting for the TLJ now but the artwork is lovely . I prefer them to the Marvel versions to be honest . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 12 Sep 2018, 9:57 pm

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Dm7aDGGV4AAMnDQ

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 16 Sep 2018, 5:40 am

I went ahead and bought the TFA Graphic Novel Adaptation to see if I still want the TLJ one. It is a lot of fun indeed. Apart from the artwork which I really like, I had a laugh at all the sound effects. I don’t know how many “pew pew” there are, but I did learn that it’s a common sound for stormtroopers blasters, Poe’s blaster and the tie fighters laser cannons.

Spoiler:

As for the lightsabers, the flickering of Kylo’s makes a “Zrrmmmm” sound, “Kzch” is when lightsabers come together and “Zrrrach” and “Kzzzach” are for strikes.

Spoiler:

Too bad they did not include sounds for the force. It would have been fun to see a “purrrr” for Kylo and “thump thump” for Rey.

I like this drawing of Ben Solo. Looking forward to the TLJ book.

General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 8d0ed410
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 16 Sep 2018, 7:01 am

@Rey09
Wow emotional stuff with Luke there at the end .
@SanghaRen
I really like that adaptation. Am waiting for my TLJ one but have the TFA. The artwork is really nice and everyone is really cute in it . You should check out the prequels and original trilogy ones too as they are really nice also .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:53 am

I finally finished reading Thrawn Alliances. It is an enjoyable book. I somehow preferred Vader to Anakin. I was never a big fan of Anakin anyway. I understand him but still it does not touch me as much as Ben Solo. No idea why. Maybe it’s because he has Padme and still goes and f***s it up for power. Obviously some will say that’s what happened in the throne room too, but Anakin is with Padme already. Anyhow. And well Thrawn is Thrawn. I like every version of him Very Happy I like how he treats his staff.

I realized after finishing it, that it’s one of these books where I forget 90% of the story because I am more interested in the characters. Besides I have sometimes difficulties to imagine the sceneries described or rather I don’t care so much so my mind skims through the details. Same for the battles. The switch between 2 time periods makes it difficult to read when reading sessions are spaced out and you are tired. I had the same issue with The Last Shot. That makes it sound like I didn’t like the book, but I did!

I was affected by Padme’s doubts at the end and how she lets Anakin do what he does because there is no talking him out of it once he decides something. Oh, girl... Can’t you see where this is heading? But it’s a nice touch because it feels connected to the movies.

In terms of what could be used in IX apart from Bakuu, I am not convinced personally yet that anything in the book will carry over to the IX. I know force sensitive Chiss children is a favorite, but I don’t know if it makes sense to include Chiss in the story (?). Heck, they haven’t included any twi’lek yet Mad Joking. But yeah could just be young FS in the OR. Using the force to navigate in a more powerful way (maybe indeed at lightspeed) could be an interesting one. Not sure how they’d show that. Maybe it’ll be more thematic with Ben backing off from destroying a world when his grandfather stubbornly goes with it without thinking about the consequences.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 17 Sep 2018, 11:17 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Rey09
Wow emotional stuff with Luke there at the end.

@SanghaRen
I really like that adaptation. Am waiting for my TLJ one but have the TFA. The artwork is really nice and everyone is really cute in it . You should check out the prequels and original trilogy ones too as they are really nice also .
@AhsokaTano

I agree, this reflects how emotional that scene is in the movie. Mark Hamill just nails it. I always end up with a couple of tears rolling down my cheeks.

Yep, I am looking at ordering the OT one right now... The PT one is apparently only available in November in Germany. Maybe I'll order it from UK then. I need cuteness right now. Maybe not to the level of Ewoks... Or maybe, I do need Ewok-level cuteness too Smile For the record, I never minded the Ewoks. I mean, I melted every time I saw Loth-cats in SW Rebels.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 18 Sep 2018, 4:58 am

I love this image teaser for the new serie 'Age of'.
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 SWAOS_TEASER

Kylo and Vader form a beautiful duo,
There is a father/son reunion with Jango and Boba,
They used the FO symbol for Age of Resistance (though, they used the Legend New Republic symbol for Age of Rebellion, so it may change),
There is an overload of lightsabers in the prequel era with a decrease until Kylo is the only one with a lightsaber,
I think Jabba is cute hidding behind Vader (don't question me, I inadvertently got a soft spot for Jabba and the Hutt clan with TCW and Lego SW),
Hux is in the shadows barely visible, planning and scheming,
Luke is not in Age of Resistance, so maybe people finally understand he is not a main character in this era.

To remind everyone, 'Age of' is a serie with 30 issues planned, beginning this December. Each month there will be a good guy issue and a bad guy issue. There is a great chance this serie ends next December, just before IX to hype it, so maybe expect some revelations for the last issues.
With this poster we can deduce the following,
Republic (Written by Jody Houser)
Qui Gon and Maul,
Obi-Wan and Jango Fett and SPECIAL #1,
Anakin and Dooku,
Padmé and Grievous.

Rebellion (Written by Greg Pak)
Luke and Vader,
Leia and Tarkin,
Han and Boba,
Lando and Jabba.

Resistance (Written by Tom Taylor)
Rey and Kylo,
Finn and Phasma,
Poe and Hux,
Rose and Snoke.

But it only makes 24 issues, so what could be the 6 missing be. Either a mini serie of 6 issues, or some characters having more than one issue, or characters not shown to keep the surprise (and the aesthetic of the poster). One could wonder where is Palpatine, if Anakin can appear as Ani and Vader, couldn't Ben appear as Ben Solo and Kylo Ren, and it could be a good way to introduce the new characters of IX.
Edit: Look like it is surprise characters.

Bonus: Darth Maul cover
General Discussion: Canon Novels/Comics/Short Stories - Page 13 Age-of-the-republic-darth-maul
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next