Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

+10
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
Birdwoman
Kylo Ren
Armadeus
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:27 am

Dear all,

This is the fourth of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes.

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April

A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May
Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May
The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:02 am

ANH Viewing Live Blog

Genius of Lucas is that he takes time before he introduces a human hero(ine). We basically follow the droids for good 13 minutes before we get to Leia's face. Unlike JJ who almost immediately introduced us to Poe (that didn't turn out to be our main hero but still). Lucas trusts the audience here. It's actually a brilliant way to set up other world-ness of the universe. You start with droids so it's definitely a universe different from ours and they'll remain our guides for quite some time.

Vader is rather comical here. Nice neck crack sound there, buddy.

Kylo has his mom's chin and her haughty royal pout.

Whiny golden robot foreshadows whiny golden-haired hero. Wait and see.

No this is so freakin brilliant. 15 more minutes of only droids and creatures. As far as universe building goes, this is unprecedented. You actually feel what life in space is like because there are no humans. Lucas completely trusts that you are immersed and you totally are.

Another thing, unlike TFA events that lined up one lucky coincidence after another, droids are facing set backs. Their capture that will lead to being sold to Lars/Skywalker feels organic, not like lazy plot convenience that plagues TFA. But we know that the Force is shipping Reylo so it bumped the events. Laughing

I'm loving this so much. Luke is introduced in such matter-of-fact-ly way. The camera even keeps him the background to focus on 3PO and Owen Lars. And than Luke opens his mouth and...WHINES! Laughing  Which is excellent because it set up his life perfectly. he has chores, his uncle is loving but strict, doesn't want Luke to waste time with his friends. Also, droid market feels so natural. They obviously come to Lars homestead often so it isn't a lucky coincidence. Plus, Luke picks the wrong droid (not R2). A set back that TFA's smooth sail leads never faced.

Another fantastic sequence. Luke feels so natural. he's impatient, cute, can't speak binary language even though he works with droids all his life (3PO translates R2 for him) and R2 totally pulls one on him, ha,ha. Sneaky R2 lying to his master like that. Anyway, this is another set back. R2 won't play the whole recording for anyone but OB1. Unlike BB8 that trusts everyone so quickly and is somehow convinced to show the map to...a scavenger. They really went overboard with making Rey super at everything. Luke is simply normal, hence normal intro, no Indiana Jones-ing. Also, his desire to leave Tatooine is more relatable than her desire to stay to wait for parents. It's a freakin desert planet in both cases, desire to leave outweights whatever motive to stay. Simple.

"Luke's just not a farmer Owen. he has too much of his father in him." Oy! "There's too much Vader in him" Luke and his nephew not that dissimilar. Nephew named after Old Ben.

The Larses are so normal, aunt Beru even wears a jeans jacket.

Ahhhh, a quintessential Skywalker moment - gazing at celestial objects. Anakin was gazing at the stars, Luke is gazing at binary sunset, Ben was possibly gazing at the stars at some point (novelization says that's how he meditates). Nothing captures loneliness as gazing at binary suns while wind plays with your amazing Skywalker hair. Everyone can relate to Luke.

OK, so, uncle Owen is dressed like Ben Kenobi meaning that's how Tatooine dwellers dressed (sand and all). So TP adopted the look as a Jedi look but it actually isn't. It's a desert dweller robes.

Yeah, old Ben wears what droid sellers wear. Same sith. Not a Jedi outfit.

Luke gets his a** kicked because that's a proper hero journey at this stage. Unlike Rey who was already kicking a**es like a pro.

OB1/Old Ben must be one of the most instantly likable characters ever put on the screen. No wonder he made such an impression. Tousled hair, charisma, warmth, chemsitry with Luke, just superb. Love the character so much.

Luke has such gentle heart, he's so nice to droids.

OK, Rey is so just a keeper of Kylo's lightsaber. I mean, it was obvious before but it's even more now. Same chest, same saber. Whether she turns out to be a Kenobi or not, the saber is Kylo's. She'll bring it to him somehow, like OB1 brought it to Luke.

OB1 is ridiculously brilliant. Watch his face when he talks about Luke's father. Such liar. You can see it in his face and eyes.

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: A NEW HOPE

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:56 am

Just intro for a start:

I was doomed for life after this one!

Full review later on - after the rewatch.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:00 am

OB1 explains the Force. Luke's face:"W.T.F" Chemistry between the two is so good. Also, more fantastic universe building. They mention Clone Wars without explaining, as in "it's a known historical fact in this universe". So you know it's a universe with a big history. There were other wars. There were now extinct Jedi Knights. You can feel how big the universe is.

LOL, Luke's face when OB1 plays Leia's message again = Kylo's Marry Me face. For some reason, Kylo resembles his mother the most when she wears her hair in famous Leia buns.

"That's your uncle talking" OB1 is great at persuading youngsters to commit mischief. Luke's dilemma and choice to stay and help his uncle are perfectly realistic. The movie isn't action-y at all and yet it's incredibly compelling. Just shows you that characters and good story are everything. Stupid action isn't.

LOL, that Imperial general actually served some truth tea to Vader. His Force didn't help him find the droids nor Rebel base. Acting in this scene is bad, lmao, those actors playing generals. James Earl Jones voice work rules, though.

Tarkin truly pulls Vader's leash. Oh, Vader. At least Kylo serves his personal interests whenever he sees fit which is quite often and involves banalities such as cute girl.

Skywalker men always put their personal feelings first - Luke, Anakin, Kylo - while OB1 is "wait, too dangerous, wait, wait, wait". Skywalker men = reckless.

Burning Homestead plays over Luke's resolved face after he saw aunt and uncle's burned bodies. It also plays over Kylo's Marry Me face. Resolved to marry Rey.

Empire bigwigs are so freakin old while FO's ones are young. Tarkin vs Hux. Generals vs Mitaka. FO FTW!

Vader tortures Leia. Kylo really resembles his mother here.

Everything OB1 says is pure gold. Welcome to Mos Eisley.

OB1's mind trick. They really made Rey into Greatest Hits. Callbacks are callbacks.

Luke gets his a** handed to him again. OB1 kicks a** with a saber. Cantina goes back to their business. More fantastic universe building.

Han oozes sex my goodness! Kylo's got those kissy full lips from him. Interesting thing, Han has that unbuttoned shirt sexiness that Kylo's somehow got although he's buttoned up neck to toes. And yet...Solo sexappeal.

Great banter between Han, Luke and OB1 and than Han and Greedo.

Yep, Solo boys kissy lips are ridiculous. H-beating  Han's sarcasm is so much fun. he loves to invade everyone's private space. Kylo's got that from him.

Leia's "resistance to mind prove is considerable" Another callback that didn't mean Rey was Leia's daughter. Callbacks are just that. Nostalgia milking.

Han slaps Luke's fingers when Luke tries to teach Han how to jump into hyperspace. It reminds me how much I really hate Rey teaching Han how to fly his own ship. They went totally overboard with Greatest Hits crap. The timeless charm of OT is that wealth is spread, so different characters can do different things. With Rey, they concentrated all the best stuff from various OT characters into one. That's bad writing.

Han's reactions to Froce training and Force talk are priceless. Banter between all characters on MF, including droids, is superb. Mix of a skeptic and believers creates much better dynamics than when everyone agrees on something (I'm looking at you TFA and all those insta agreements, friednships). This is such organic flow. Luke and Ben are now friends. They are not friends with Han yet, not even close. It makes perfect sense.

Luke has great helmet hair like his nephew.

Everything Han says is pure gold. His self-serving smarmy-ness and Luke's idealism and altruism mesh so well. This is how you build dynamics, not Rey and Finn talking at the same time crap.

"we are fine, how are you" Oh, Han. Laughing  Now that's characterization. Han is incredible. He and Luke are both whiny, though. Shared credit.

OK, so when Luke unmasks for Leia and shows amazing helmet hair, Kylo's unmasking for Rey is callback to that. And Luke unmasked back when Luke and Leia were supposed to be a romance, before Lucas changed the plan. Not related, Kylo and Rey.

Leia brings haughty sarcasm to the proceedings. Han can't take bad smell, lol. Garbage chute is where they learn to work together. Also beginning of Hanleia (he keeps grabbing her a** in attempts to get her climb the chute).

Hanleia are wonderful. Whatever GL had in mind, Carrie played Leia as instantly attracted to Han. LOL at the idea than Finnrey are new Hanleia. I can't.

Kylo has too much Vader in him. That means he carries his lightsaber at hip level to resemble a giant ahem. OB1 carries his high but Vader carries his low like Kylo, the phallic symbol LS carry. Twisted Evil

LOL, OMG, after Leia declares that Han is a mercenary who doesn't care for anything or anybody (ha,ha, she likes him) and leaves, Han makes wistful face like Kylo when Hux called him out on his crush on the girl. Solo boys kissy lips pout is just H-beating

"So you think that the Princess and the guy like me..." "No" Solo smirk.

"day long remembered...end of Kenobi...end of Rebellion." Dahth Vaydah is eeeeevil.

Han saves the way, most rousing cinematic moment ever. You just know that Ben Solo is set up for something similar.

When the trio reunites it's so earned because their road to friendship wasn't easy.

Leia keeps giving Han sideways glances even when his back is on her (medal ceremony). Yep, unintentional Hanleia right there.

This movie's the best and a true classic.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

Basically everything @vaderito said

I won't try writing about standouts because this whole damn movie is a standout; a milestone in cinematic history.

The actors cannot be praised enough for the sincerity and warmth they bring to the roles. The special effects hold up spectacularly.

Also, this is John Williams' finest moment. The music is never too far in the background, nor is it ever too upfront; the balance Lucas hit is spot on.  

And, of course, major props and respect to George Lucas for his vision; for pushing through with this film even when most of the people around him were 'fed up with George Lucas and his children's film'; and for believing in Star Wars when no one else did.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:47 pm

Armadeus wrote:Basically everything @vaderito said

I won't try writing about standouts because this whole damn movie is a standout; a milestone in cinematic history.

The actors cannot be praised enough for the sincerity and warmth they bring to the roles. The special effects hold up spectacularly.

Also, this is John Williams' finest moment. The music is never too far in the background, nor is it ever too upfront; the balance Lucas hit is spot on.  

And, of course, major props and respect to George Lucas for his vision; for pushing through with this film even when most of the people around him were 'fed up with George Lucas and his children's film'; and for believing in Star Wars when no one else did.
@Armadeus

I don't get criticism that acting was bad. I hear that a lot but aside dreadful acting by Imperial round table, Luke, Han, Leia, OB1, droids, Chewie and Vader voice are fantastic all around. They really created characters for cinematic history.

@Kylo Ren Vader/OB1 fight is bad choreography, I agree. Especially OB1's laughable pirouette. That said, I can see why it was ground-breaking back then. Two uber-cool characters fighting with uber-cool lightsabers...that was movie magic. Sure, we got spoiled by later movie's choreography but ANH was actually true to OB1's age. I prefer that to slapping Lee's face on young stuntman's body and getting him to do backflips and sith.

Dog fight blows other dog fights out of water, though. Unlike TFA one, stakes and high and we care about Luke. Was anyone really scared for Poe?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

So...just watched for the 150 time (maybe more)

But first time post TFA - very interesting experience.

And @Varedito said almost everything so nothing special to add.

Few remarks:
Full of Rogue One spoilers. Even in the opening crawl.  Laughing

Interrogation scene Vader and Leia. UST? Nope. I really did believe before TFA that the interrogation scene between Kylo and Rey (MSW - had reported on it) would be something similar. LOL. I could not fail noticing  Reylo tension even If I tried.

Han and Leia - he falls for her almost immediately - definitely attracted by her bossy nature - obviously an irresistible challenge for him - (Rey getting the lightsaber - same sith for his son)

The totally different characters of Han and Leia from the start to the end in TFA (despite love and attraction).

Darth Vader - I just love the old grandpa. I can help myself Very Happy

OB1 - a sneaky old Jedi.

Another important thing story wise: Luke s relation with his father (which is the main theme of the trilogy and A plot) - was established in the first part of the movie. Even not resolved in this movie - the theme is in, and you just know that something is going on there. We already know everything about him: he was best pilot in the star fleet (true), a Jedi knight (true), killed and betrayed by Darth Vader, OB1 s apprentice (true from the certain point of view).

More details I adore:

Han s obsession with Falcon.
C3PO - his best movie - he is good in ESB but from then on (prequels included) he becomes more and more annoying.
Jawas - an anecdote from my childhood - My neighbour (he was around 5 back then) went to cinema with his grannie. And was scared to death by Jawas - he started crying like little maniac and grannie was forced to take him home...
I adored R2 from day one. And whiny Luke. Very whiny Luke
Even Jabba calls Han a boy.

So for now that s is it.
I ll stick around this topic over the WE .
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm

vaderito wrote:
Armadeus wrote:Basically everything @vaderito said

@Armadeus

I don't get criticism that acting was bad. I hear that a lot but aside dreadful acting by Imperial round table, Luke, Han, Leia, OB1, droids, Chewie and Vader voice are fantastic all around. They really created characters for cinematic history.

@Kylo Ren Vader/OB1 fight is bad choreography, I agree. Especially OB1's laughable pirouette. That said, I can see why it was ground-breaking back then. Two uber-cool characters fighting with uber-cool lightsabers...that was movie magic. Sure, we got spoiled by later movie's choreography but ANH was actually true to OB1's age. I prefer that to slapping Lee's face on young stuntman's body and getting him to do backflips and sith.

Dog fight blows other dog fights out of water, though. Unlike TFA one, stakes and high and we care about Luke. Was anyone really scared for Poe?
@vaderito

Nope. But I think it ii more due to the experience we already have with SW storytelling (You just know now that everything is going to be just fine)
I can t say I was scared for anybody in TFA, but I did care for the characters (almost everyone of them) and that is the most important thing that TFA brought back in SW franchise.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

@Darth_Awakened Good point about Luke and his father. No such thing with rey and her father/mother/family. She's waiting. That's it.

I love that ANH is such self-contained movie and yet has enough open threads for a sequel that's actually needed. It doesn't resolve Luke/father/Vader/ways of the Force, but it isn't incomplete like LOTR movies. Quite an achievement.

Hilarious story about your neighbor and Jawas. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 30 Apr 2016, 3:56 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth_Awakened Good point about Luke and his father. No such thing with rey and her father/mother/family. She's waiting. That's it.

I love that ANH is such self-contained movie and yet has enough open threads for a sequel that's actually needed. It doesn't resolve Luke/father/Vader/ways of the Force, but it isn't incomplete like LOTR movies. Quite an achievement.

Hilarious story about your neighbor and Jawas. Laughing
@vaderito

Yes. This exatcly what I thought - No such thing for Rey. In other words it is not so important. While Luke has to resolve the mystery from the past accept the truth about his father to move forward to future, Rey has accepted the truth (Maz: You already know the truth), but needs to learn how to trust people to move forward (Luke has zero problems in trusting - his childhood is total opposite of Rey s)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 30 Apr 2016, 9:26 pm

I have to say, that I like the lightsaber duels in TFA. The one in ANH is just not that good. Kylo is so not as evil as his granddad. He is just a wannabe.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 30 Apr 2016, 10:49 pm

So I missed on the prequels watch, but I decided to jump for the OT at least. Got to read the conversations for them, though. Really interesting.

So here's a jumble of thoughts I wrote down while watching. They're pretty disorganized, and it got shorter in the end because it's almost midnight and I'm tired.

Lol, the traditional scroll is FULL of Rogue One spoilers. I won’t be surprised if we see cameos of Leia in that movie tbh.

Now that I think about it… I’ve heard once that C-3PO had a mind wipe, but not R2-D2? And both of them were left with Bail Organa… so R2 basically saw Leia grow up. I wonder if he ever compared her to Anakin. If only he could speak… nah, it’s better if we don’t understand a word. XD

Ha, for some reason, Darth Vader entering the ship and looking at the dead bodies around him kind of makes me laugh.

I just realized Carrie Fisher was about my age when she was filming ANH. Darn.

R2 has got so much sass, and he’s so clearly shitting on Threepio. They’re like an old-married couple.

And now I’m laughing when Vader waves his finger at Leia while he’s saying: “And you’re part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!” It looks as if he’s grounding her. A little more, and he’s saying: “YOU ARE GROUNDED LEIA AMIDALA SKYWALKER, GO TO YOUR ROOM”

Kylo definitely has Leia’s pout and face shape. And her smile. The rest is all Han.

R2 and Threepio in the Tatooine desert remind me of Finn in the Jakku desert. Especially Threepio.

The Jawas make me laugh. I don’t really see why people complain about the Ewoks. They’re pretty similar. Okay, the Ewoks are cuddlier.

LOL, LUKE THE WHINY TEENAGER. POOR MARK.

But god, in looks, Luke really reminds me of Bradley James in Merlin. Not sure why, though.

When that other droid breaks down, R2 is all like: PICK ME! PICK ME!  

Luke is SO your typical teenager. It’s so funny.

AND LOL AT LUKE SAYING: “Who is she? She’s beautiful!” Luke and Leia were so not supposed to be related. Just the face he has while seeing Leia and how he insists to see more. I’m snorting so hard. Talk about a f****-up.

Owen and Beru are SO normal. Like, seriously, Beru dresses like my neighbour.

I wonder how much Owen knew about Anakin. They really didn’t have that much interaction in the PT, and Owen did seem intent on keeping his distances with Obi-Wan…

Brooding while looking at the two suns while the Force theme plays in the background… It’s that ANH scene everyone remembers, right?

Hehe, Beru preparing dinner while Owen asks her about Luke’s whereabouts… again, they both look so normal. It really shows that Tatooine is at the outer rim of the galaxy. They’re normal people you’d come across in the street, living their lives peacefully… and meanwhile, you got space knights and princesses fighting at the other side of the galaxy…

Luke and Rey do have similarities. But they’re superficial. Luke is very much your typical teenager, he’s lived a peaceful and happy childhood, and he’s very boyish, naïve and idealistic. Rey is naïve and hopeful, but she’s a streetfighter girl rather than the little cinnamon roll people make her out to be. That’s probably due to Daisy Ridley being really cute but hey. On a lot of levels, she’s more mature than Luke… even though she has the behavior of a much younger girl when she is relaxed. In the latter case, it’s still very different from Luke, though.

Obi-Wan scaring away the Sand People, LOL.

Obi-Wan talking about Anakin… I’m not crying you’re crying.

Owen fearing Luke would follow Obi-Wan on some “old crusade”. Why am I reminded of Gandalf and Bilbo here?

I have to say Obi-Wan presents a much romanticized vision of the Jedi. Not that I’m surprised, of course. Heaven knows Jedi sucked big time in the PT. Pappy didn’t have to do much to get rid of them, tbh.

Mmm, I wonder if Obi-Wan is reminded of Anakin or Padmé when he sees Leia for the first time in years…

PETER CUSHING (Van Helsing fan girl here, not sorry)

One of the Empire officers (the one getting Force choked by Vader) reminds me of Victor Frankenstein in Once Upon a Time (sorry not sorry)

So is Tarkin ranked higher than Vader? He is pretty authoritative with him at times. It seems a bit weird since he’s the closest person to the Emperor. Well, Vader was supposed to die at the end of ANH and they made the change that he was actually Anakin later, so… yeah.

All right, I’m going to say it right now: I don’t understand antis who say people who ship Reylo would have shipped Leia with Vader back in the days. Unlike Reylo, there is zero romantic/sexual subtext between Leia and Vader. And they did everything to make Vader look as less human as possible, while they did exactly the opposite with Kylo.

And – I really hate to say this – but while people complain about the fact Leia wasn’t shown mourning her home planet being destroyed, I frankly don’t really see Luke being REALLY sad about Owen and Beru being dead. Not that he doesn’t care, of course. I mean, okay, before he got back on his speeder and during the ride back, maybe he had plenty of time to cry about it, but still.

Lol, I can clearly see what CGI has been added. Let’s just hope it ages well. XD

This lady is still bitter Lin-Manuel Miranda’s cantina song didn’t make it to the TFA soundtrack CD. Seriously.

Han Solo oozes with sass. And sex appeal. The open shirt isn’t helping. I can see where Kylo is getting that from. And that guy is covered from head to foot and still manages to have sex appeal.

Luke getting insulted and biting back while Obi-Wan is basically having the “SIT THE F*** DOWN LUKE, YOU’RE ALMOST AS BAD AS YOUR DAD AND HE WAS THE WORST” face. Lol.

Wait… who shot first?

Leia is tough as s*** and I love her for that. Nineteen years old, guys. Nineteen years old.

Luke asking questions about the ship and trying to give Han advice… that kid tho.

Lol, Leia and Kylo are so similar when they have their sassy/arrogant attitude.

Poor Leia. She’s been keeping the sassy/proud attitude since the beginning, never faltering, and when Tarkin talks about blowing up Alderaan, she flinches for the first time, and it’s heartbreaking. I want to hug her, especially with the fact that I know what’s going to happen afterwards…  

And Alderaan was such a beautiful planet… Sad

Vader’s mannerisms make me laugh. I don’t know why.

The snark between Luke and Han… not as good as with Leia, but still.

Luke is so smol compared to Han…

“But they’re going to kill her!” “Better her than me.” YOU DON’T SAY, HAN. YOU DON’T SAY.

Lol, Luke trying to put shackles on Chewie reminds me of Finn trying to tend to Chewie…

Vader sensed Obi-Wan. If Kylo didn’t sense Han, I’LL EAT MY HAT. He wanted to avoid him, it’s obvious now.

Han and Kylo both have fab helmet hair. It’s a fact.

Han is a human disaster. You are a bad liar, son. Like your boy. Sure, blast the console. That’s going to help.

Oh god, Leia and Luke were so not supposed to be related. Leia’s theme playing in the background, the way Luke checks out Leia, Leia’s pose as she asks pretty sassily “Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?” The subtext is there. Sith.

Are we meant to compare Vader and Tarkin with Kylo and Hux? Because Kylo and Hux are like two little kids bickering in that case. XD

That scene where the trio are fighting off the troopers and then when they fall into the trash compactor – amazing. The dialog is really A+.

“Listen to them, R2! They’re dying!” Priceless.

“I don’t know who you are, or where you came from, but from now one, you will do as I say.” HOLY SITH, HAN’S FACE AT THAT MOMENT. THE SAME FACE KYLO HAD WHEN REY GOT THE LIGHTSABER. OH GOD.

Leia and a gun. Smol and angry at its finest.

An interesting thing to note is that Vader was definitely waiting for Obi-Wan. His saber is lit, and you can see he clearly intends to kill. For Kylo and Han… it played itself differently, and we got to see Kylo at his most vulnerable. And yes, I think we’re definitely meant to compare the two scenes.

Meh, I can see why people complain about the lightsaber battles, unfortunately…

Ha, the way Obi-Wan glances at Luke, then at Vader, before smiling and accepting death…

For all those people saying Rey will never help Kylo in any way because he killed her father figure (Han), don’t we have something very similar between Luke, Vader and Obi-Wan?

Leia is so kind. Her planet just got blown, and she still tries her best to cheer Luke up. People insist a lot on her anger and forget about her kindness. Don’t do that, guys.

Luke is like a kid playing a video game while shooting the x-wings.

The Dulcinea effect is playing HARD on Luke. Youch.

“You think a princess and a guy like me…” “No.” LOL. BIG TIME.

Gosh, the Rebel pilots are so… white.

And fast-forward to Luke and the pilots destroying the Death Star… God, Vader’s reaction to getting attacked by Han is priceless. “WAT?” And how he tumbles away… it reminds me of Anakin losing control of his racer in TPM… *sniffles*

Luke’s yellow coat during the final scene is very underrated.

Han’s wink… god, and Leia’s reaction to it. A+
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:39 pm

Aight just popped in my copy of ANH; ready to join the hootinany.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:54 pm

vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

Hamil, Fisher, and Ford have a chemistry you simply can't manufacture. The fact that they spend nearly all their time together arguing is pure gold; like the Force is saying: 'You three* are going to work together and save the galaxy whether you like it or not!' Very Happy

*Four; can't forget Chewie.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 01 May 2016, 12:47 am

All of what has been said.

Rewatching the movies now that I have children, the untranslated droids and Chewie being answered by those who understand the language reminds me very much of interactions with my 12 month olds. They babble and make faces and there's tone, and you understand the tone and the faces, so you answer them in complete sentences as though they're actually speaking English. Like, my son totally cusses me when he's frustrated. He's R2. Anyway, I love that they use this mechanism rather than translating what everyone is saying. It gives the movie character.

God. Luke's whining. *sigh* Skywalker males. It really is a good thing these drama queens have such great hair. As an aside, can you imagine an entire "A SW Story" movie about Ben training with Luke and possibly Anakin's force ghost? Lord. There should never be more than one Skywalker male in one room at any given point in time.

Damn it, George Lucas. Greedo shooting first changes the dynamic of Han's character. Han's a drug smuggler. He's a self-centered bad boy (*cough* Kylo *cough*) who makes the right decision in the end and puts others above himself (*cough* KYLO!! *cough*). Han not shooting first lessens the impact of his later courageous act. Classic Han is a freaking killer. No way was this the first time that happened. I guess it's preemptive self-defense, but still. Han's a selfish killer turned brave Rebellion hero. Really speaks to our tendency to demonize versus idolize because we're given visual cues of heroes and villains. The reaction to Kylo, a clearly hurting and conflicted character, was so sithy. "He's a psychopath". I'm like, first of all, he doesn't fit the definition even a little bit, but let's play your game... and Han isn't?? Why, because he's funny? Does not compute.

Leia's such a b****. I love her. She is my favorite character in the OT. Seriously, she has zero unlikeable qualities. Her b****iness should make her somewhat unlikeable but it comes off as endearing. She's clearly the most competent of the trio and has some typical Skywalker traits - bravery, compassion, a bit of recklessness (shooting a hole in a wall and ordering everyone to jump in while insulting them = probably the best Leia moment). But she's such a stuck-up b****. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." Everyone talking about Kylo being the spitting image of his father and so much like Han. That boy is Princess Leia to a tee, with a little Han mixed in just for fun.

Okay, I get that Luke's the young, cute one and he was originally meant to get with Leia because they weren't related, but any actual sexual tension between these characters?... God, they are FinnRey. Nothing, not even a little bit, nope, move along, move along. How did people ship these two? I don't get it. They don't have the right blocking, there's no tension except for Leia being the b**** one must assume she is with most everyone. I mean, really, it's no wonder TPTB went with HanLeia in ESB. They look better together, there's more tension, they're clearly into each other. I just have a hard time believing HanLeia wasn't endgame.

Okay, that's what I've got for now.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 01 May 2016, 4:45 am

- To be honest the movie feels dated and clunky, and you can tell that George Lucas directed it; it feels more stagey and less naturalistic than ESB or RoTJ. Also, the story is too simple for my tastes and doesn't have the Big Shakespearean Dysfunctional Family Drama that came later. But it's got oodles and oodles of charm.

- Darth Vader is frankly unimpressive here. As far as first entrances go, Kylo beats his grandpa hands down, for me. His suit looks cheap and he just doesn't have the majestic aura he acquires in the later films. I giggled at his "what" just before Han swoops in and helps Luke.

- The movie demonstrates the art of build-up that TFA completely forgot about, both in terms of story and Luke's personal journey. Everything builds up to that final attack on the Death Star and that pristine moment when Luke uses the Force. Luke's story might be total wish-fulfilment, but he doesn't start the movie being awesome at everyting and kicking a**.

- Love love love the snark and bickering between our three heroes, and that Han basically has to be bribed to help Leia, because that's how a selfish smuggler would act in this situation. And that Luke acts like your average teenager who's chafing at his boring home life, i.e. complains a lot.

- Young Harrison Ford is charisma on legs. Carrie Fisher's acting is a bit hit-and-miss here, for me, but her chemistry with Ford is smashing, right from the start. Sorry Luke but you never had a chance.

- I watched this with subtitles, like I do most movies, and it's amusing that the last spoken dialogue is technically Chewie's "arghh".
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 01 May 2016, 7:11 am

Irina de France wrote:So I missed on the prequels watch, but I decided to jump for the OT at least. Got to read the conversations for them, though. Really interesting.

So here's a jumble of thoughts I wrote down while watching. They're pretty disorganized, and it got shorter in the end because it's almost midnight and I'm tired.

Lol, the traditional scroll is FULL of Rogue One spoilers. I won’t be surprised if we see cameos of Leia in that movie tbh.

Lohd Vaydah is making a cameo or moh than a cameo.

Now that I think about it… I’ve heard once that C-3PO had a mind wipe, but not R2-D2? And both of them were left with Bail Organa… so R2 basically saw Leia grow up. I wonder if he ever compared her to Anakin. If only he could speak… nah, it’s better if we don’t understand a word. XD

Ha, for some reason, Darth Vader entering the ship and looking at the dead bodies around him kind of makes me laugh.

GL made a big doo doo with droids. They weren't necessary in TP and mind wipe is just Rolling Eyes I guess droid mind-wipe is why Reywalkers think Rey's mind was wiped too. Laughing

Yeha, Vaydah (I just love Scottish-accented way Palp pronounces that name, sounds so ominous) looking around was LOL. Was he sad or thinking "I ain't cleaning up that mess".

I just realized Carrie Fisher was about my age when she was filming ANH. Darn.

R2 has got so much sass, and he’s so clearly shitting on Threepio. They’re like an old-married couple.

And now I’m laughing when Vader waves his finger at Leia while he’s saying: “And you’re part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!” It looks as if he’s grounding her. A little more, and he’s saying: “YOU ARE GROUNDED LEIA AMIDALA SKYWALKER, GO TO YOUR ROOM”

LOL true about Vaydah grounding Leia. This is actually the best 3PO and R2 movie. They are stars in the first 1/3 of it.

Kylo definitely has Leia’s pout and face shape. And her smile. The rest is all Han.

And Padme's mole. Shmi's hair color. Anakin's temper and fool-for-love personality.

R2 and Threepio in the Tatooine desert remind me of Finn in the Jakku desert. Especially Threepio.

Totally! Finn = 3PO. Twisted Evil No wonder Kylo doesn't like him. Han never had patience for the original 3PO. Like father like son. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

The Jawas make me laugh. I don’t really see why people complain about the Ewoks. They’re pretty similar. Okay, the Ewoks are cuddlier.

Jawas weren't omni-present. They served their purpose in universe building and exited. Also, none of their scenes is going to give you diabetes that cutesy wootsey Ewoks were supposed.

LOL, LUKE THE WHINY TEENAGER. POOR MARK.

Mark was fantastic and so beautiful. His whining was genuine for someone that age and situation. Love Luke. he has really good, warm heart. Reminds me of Qui-Gonn.

But god, in looks, Luke really reminds me of Bradley James in Merlin. Not sure why, though.

When that other droid breaks down, R2 is all like: PICK ME! PICK ME!  

Luke is SO your typical teenager. It’s so funny.

R2's impatient shaking is adorable. Luke is so your typical teenager which is perfect. Rey needs that cause she is 100% atypical everything. Kylo is basically TFA's Luke - typical Millennial teen.

AND LOL AT LUKE SAYING: “Who is she? She’s beautiful!” Luke and Leia were so not supposed to be related. Just the face he has while seeing Leia and how he insists to see more. I’m snorting so hard. Talk about a f****-up.

I think that reveal they were related f***ed him up royally. Something that ROTJ glossed over for the sake of happy ending without any bitterness, but I think it plays the part in Luke's turn towards old Jedi ways that Bloodlines hint at (read: no family, no wife). I mean, realistically speaking, he should have enormous mental scar.

Owen and Beru are SO normal. Like, seriously, Beru dresses like my neighbour.

I wonder how much Owen knew about Anakin. They really didn’t have that much interaction in the PT, and Owen did seem intent on keeping his distances with Obi-Wan…

Brooding while looking at the two suns while the Force theme plays in the background… It’s that ANH scene everyone remembers, right?

Beru's jeans jacket is poster for normalcy. Owen must have heard the full story from OB1. he knew Anakin was a Jedi when Ani came to look for Shmi. I guess they loved Luke so much they were afraid he would leave and die young. or something.

Binary sunset is a type of an iconic scene that doesn't exist in movies anymore. Now everything is geared towards gifs. Everything is too kinetic for a single shot to make a point or remain memorable. I hate that.

Hehe, Beru preparing dinner while Owen asks her about Luke’s whereabouts… again, they both look so normal. It really shows that Tatooine is at the outer rim of the galaxy. They’re normal people you’d come across in the street, living their lives peacefully… and meanwhile, you got space knights and princesses fighting at the other side of the galaxy…

Good catch. beautiful contrast.

Luke and Rey do have similarities. But they’re superficial. Luke is very much your typical teenager, he’s lived a peaceful and happy childhood, and he’s very boyish, naïve and idealistic. Rey is naïve and hopeful, but she’s a streetfighter girl rather than the little cinnamon roll people make her out to be. That’s probably due to Daisy Ridley being really cute but hey. On a lot of levels, she’s more mature than Luke… even though she has the behavior of a much younger girl when she is relaxed. In the latter case, it’s still very different from Luke, though.

Obi-Wan scaring away the Sand People, LOL.

Obi-Wan talking about Anakin… I’m not crying you’re crying.

Owen fearing Luke would follow Obi-Wan on some “old crusade”. Why am I reminded of Gandalf and Bilbo here?

OB1 is total Gandalf cause GL was inspired by LOTR among other sources.

I have to say Obi-Wan presents a much romanticized vision of the Jedi. Not that I’m surprised, of course. Heaven knows Jedi sucked big time in the PT. Pappy didn’t have to do much to get rid of them, tbh.

Mmm, I wonder if Obi-Wan is reminded of Anakin or Padmé when he sees Leia for the first time in years…

Neither cause she wasn't their daughter at the time of ANH filming. I commend GL for shattering romanticized Jedi vision in TP.

PETER CUSHING (Van Helsing fan girl here, not sorry)

One of the Empire officers (the one getting Force choked by Vader) reminds me of Victor Frankenstein in Once Upon a Time (sorry not sorry)

So is Tarkin ranked higher than Vader? He is pretty authoritative with him at times. It seems a bit weird since he’s the closest person to the Emperor. Well, Vader was supposed to die at the end of ANH and they made the change that he was actually Anakin later, so… yeah.

All right, I’m going to say it right now: I don’t understand antis who say people who ship Reylo would have shipped Leia with Vader back in the days. Unlike Reylo, there is zero romantic/sexual subtext between Leia and Vader. And they did everything to make Vader look as less human as possible, while they did exactly the opposite with Kylo.

Antis are desperate. of course there's zero similarity. Rey and Kylo are filmed with intentional romantic/sexual subtext while that was 100% absent from Vader/Leia scenes. It's ridiculous. Besides, they ship Rey with 3PO Finn so... Laughing

And – I really hate to say this – but while people complain about the fact Leia wasn’t shown mourning her home planet being destroyed, I frankly don’t really see Luke being REALLY sad about Owen and Beru being dead. Not that he doesn’t care, of course. I mean, okay, before he got back on his speeder and during the ride back, maybe he had plenty of time to cry about it, but still.

Agreed. We get it that they do but it's off screen. It's not what the story's about. Kylo grieving through his nervous breakdown during the Snow Fight is different animal altogether. It's brilliant, it's super important for the character and it's done in a way that didn't strike some as consequence of grief but it really was.

Lol, I can clearly see what CGI has been added. Let’s just hope it ages well. XD

This lady is still bitter Lin-Manuel Miranda’s cantina song didn’t make it to the TFA soundtrack CD. Seriously.

Han Solo oozes with sass. And sex appeal. The open shirt isn’t helping. I can see where Kylo is getting that from. And that guy is covered from head to foot and still manages to have sex appeal.

I hate added CGI. Cantina song is so iconic. Han is sex on legs and Kylo manages that without unbuttoned shirt. Good job, Han.

Luke getting insulted and biting back while Obi-Wan is basically having the “SIT THE F*** DOWN LUKE, YOU’RE ALMOST AS BAD AS YOUR DAD AND HE WAS THE WORST” face. Lol.

Wait… who shot first?

Han. Always has, always will.

Leia is tough as s*** and I love her for that. Nineteen years old, guys. Nineteen years old.

Luke asking questions about the ship and trying to give Han advice… that kid tho.

Lol, Leia and Kylo are so similar when they have their sassy/arrogant attitude.

Han slapping Luke's fingers is cheers cheers cheers

leia ahs always been the strongest and her son's got her sassy arrogance, especially in the Nerd-off scene where he tries to impress Rey with his access to archives of the Empire. Also, all the sarcastic sith he says to Mitaka and Hux.

Poor Leia. She’s been keeping the sassy/proud attitude since the beginning, never faltering, and when Tarkin talks about blowing up Alderaan, she flinches for the first time, and it’s heartbreaking. I want to hug her, especially with the fact that I know what’s going to happen afterwards…  

And Alderaan was such a beautiful planet… Sad

Vader’s mannerisms make me laugh. I don’t know why.

The snark between Luke and Han… not as good as with Leia, but still.

Luke is so smol compared to Han…

Well, there's a twist to leia's flinching. Vaydah is comical. Luke is smol. Spot the brother and spot the love interest. Hint: sexual dimorphism is on love interest's side. Finnreys will never live that one down.

“But they’re going to kill her!” “Better her than me.” YOU DON’T SAY, HAN. YOU DON’T SAY.

Lol, Luke trying to put shackles on Chewie reminds me of Finn trying to tend to Chewie…

Vader sensed Obi-Wan. If Kylo didn’t sense Han, I’LL EAT MY HAT. He wanted to avoid him, it’s obvious now.

Han and Kylo both have fab helmet hair. It’s a fact.

Luke too. Fan helmet hair. Kylo's got it from Solos and Skywalkers. His helmet hair is more fab than anyone's.

We know that Kylo can sense Han so he was avoiding him in the movie. Maybe not in the script but movie made it look so.

So Finn is comparable to 3PO and Luke, 2 famous SW romantic leads...oh, wait!

Han is a human disaster. You are a bad liar, son. Like your boy. Sure, blast the console. That’s going to help.

OMG! he blasted the console and Kylo demolished it! Callback! That explains it! Kylo is such Solo when things don't go his way and is bored of conversation. Laughing

Oh god, Leia and Luke were so not supposed to be related. Leia’s theme playing in the background, the way Luke checks out Leia, Leia’s pose as she asks pretty sassily “Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?” The subtext is there. Sith.

Are we meant to compare Vader and Tarkin with Kylo and Hux? Because Kylo and Hux are like two little kids bickering in that case. XD

Leai's sass in the wake of termination is 70s era sexism. I mean, what was she thinking? To seduce Storm trooper and run away?

Yes, we are meant to compare them - how young they are, how much worse person Hux is compared to Kylo, that Kylo disagrees with blowing up star systems (Vaydah was fine with that). Tarkin and Vaydah got along well, unlike the youngsters.

That scene where the trio are fighting off the troopers and then when they fall into the trash compactor – amazing. The dialog is really A+.

“Listen to them, R2! They’re dying!” Priceless.

“I don’t know who you are, or where you came from, but from now one, you will do as I say.” HOLY SITH, HAN’S FACE AT THAT MOMENT. THE SAME FACE KYLO HAD WHEN REY GOT THE LIGHTSABER. OH GOD.

I adore trash compactor scene. TFA homage was so lame. Kylo is such a Solo. H-beating They love women in charge.

Leia and a gun. Smol and angry at its finest.

An interesting thing to note is that Vader was definitely waiting for Obi-Wan. His saber is lit, and you can see he clearly intends to kill. For Kylo and Han… it played itself differently, and we got to see Kylo at his most vulnerable. And yes, I think we’re definitely meant to compare the two scenes.

Ring Composition. Also, Vaydah and Kylo carry their ready sabers the same way, like giant ahem. At the hip level. Twisted Evil

Meh, I can see why people complain about the lightsaber battles, unfortunately…

Ha, the way Obi-Wan glances at Luke, then at Vader, before smiling and accepting death…

For all those people saying Rey will never help Kylo in any way because he killed her father figure (Han), don’t we have something very similar between Luke, Vader and Obi-Wan?

"You are closest thing to a father to me"

"You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!"

Yep, killing OB1 = killing a close family. But ROTJ goggles. Everyone judges Vaydah only on his redemption.

Leia is so kind. Her planet just got blown, and she still tries her best to cheer Luke up. People insist a lot on her anger and forget about her kindness. Don’t do that, guys.

yes, leia has padme's kindness and I suspect Kylo has it too, somewhere. He really tried to be kinder to Rey. Well, he did let Finn get away with not shooting the villagers even though it conflicted with his direct order.

Luke is like a kid playing a video game while shooting the x-wings.

shooting at TIEs. Like Finn. Such romantic leads, the two of them. Evil

The Dulcinea effect is playing HARD on Luke. Youch.

“You think a princess and a guy like me…” “No.” LOL. BIG TIME.

Solo smirk is priceless here.

Gosh, the Rebel pilots are so… white.

#RebelPilotsSoWhite Laughing

And fast-forward to Luke and the pilots destroying the Death Star… God, Vader’s reaction to getting attacked by Han is priceless. “WAT?” And how he tumbles away… it reminds me of Anakin losing control of his racer in TPM… *sniffles*

Luke’s yellow coat during the final scene is very underrated.

Han’s wink… god, and Leia’s reaction to it. A+

leia can't take eyes of Han despite Luke's canary jacket. Laughing

@Irina de France
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 01 May 2016, 7:25 am

@MeadowofAshes

Rewatching the movies now that I have children, the untranslated droids and Chewie being answered by those who understand the language reminds me very much of interactions with my 12 month olds. They babble and make faces and there's tone, and you understand the tone and the faces, so you answer them in complete sentences as though they're actually speaking English. Like, my son totally cusses me when he's frustrated. He's R2. Anyway, I love that they use this mechanism rather than translating what everyone is saying. It gives the movie character.

God. Luke's whining. *sigh* Skywalker males. It really is a good thing these drama queens have such great hair. As an aside, can you imagine an entire "A SW Story" movie about Ben training with Luke and possibly Anakin's force ghost? Lord. There should never be more than one Skywalker male in one room at any given point in time.

But Kylo isn't whiny. he's tempestuous but not whiny. And console smash is callback to Han blasting the console in ANH cause conversation bored him. Laughing

Damn it, George Lucas. Greedo shooting first changes the dynamic of Han's character. Han's a drug smuggler. He's a self-centered bad boy (*cough* Kylo *cough*) who makes the right decision in the end and puts others above himself (*cough* KYLO!! *cough*). Han not shooting first lessens the impact of his later courageous act. Classic Han is a freaking killer. No way was this the first time that happened. I guess it's preemptive self-defense, but still. Han's a selfish killer turned brave Rebellion hero. Really speaks to our tendency to demonize versus idolize because we're given visual cues of heroes and villains. The reaction to Kylo, a clearly hurting and conflicted character, was so sithy. "He's a psychopath". I'm like, first of all, he doesn't fit the definition even a little bit, but let's play your game... and Han isn't?? Why, because he's funny? Does not compute.

Well said, all of it. To me Han shot first and that's the law.

Leia's such a b****. I love her. She is my favorite character in the OT. Seriously, she has zero unlikeable qualities. Her b****iness should make her somewhat unlikeable but it comes off as endearing. She's clearly the most competent of the trio and has some typical Skywalker traits - bravery, compassion, a bit of recklessness (shooting a hole in a wall and ordering everyone to jump in while insulting them = probably the best Leia moment). But she's such a stuck-up b****. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." Everyone talking about Kylo being the spitting image of his father and so much like Han. That boy is Princess Leia to a tee, with a little Han mixed in just for fun.

Like mother like son. Kylo's personal traits should make him unlikable but he's somehow endearing. Just like Leia.

Okay, I get that Luke's the young, cute one and he was originally meant to get with Leia because they weren't related, but any actual sexual tension between these characters?... God, they are FinnRey. Nothing, not even a little bit, nope, move along, move along. How did people ship these two? I don't get it. They don't have the right blocking, there's no tension except for Leia being the b**** one must assume she is with most everyone. I mean, really, it's no wonder TPTB went with HanLeia in ESB. They look better together, there's more tension, they're clearly into each other. I just have a hard time believing HanLeia wasn't endgame.

Irina de France noticed that Finn on jakku was comparable to 3PO. So we have 3PO!Finn and Luke!Finn and Luke/Leia!Finnrey. yeah....

@Saracene

The movie demonstrates the art of build-up that TFA completely forgot about, both in terms of story and Luke's personal journey. Everything builds up to that final attack on the Death Star and that pristine moment when Luke uses the Force. Luke's story might be total wish-fulfilment, but he doesn't start the movie being awesome at everyting and kicking a**.

- Love love love the snark and bickering between our three heroes, and that Han basically has to be bribed to help Leia, because that's how a selfish smuggler would act in this situation. And that Luke acts like your average teenager who's chafing at his boring home life, i.e. complains a lot.

- Young Harrison Ford is charisma on legs. Carrie Fisher's acting is a bit hit-and-miss here, for me, but her chemistry with Ford is smashing, right from the start. Sorry Luke but you never had a chance.

Amen to bolded.

Also, bickering between 3 leads because they are such fundamentally different personalities is fantastic. TFA worked because they treated Kylo as one of the trio cause movies need someone shady to throw in some spark among rightous characters and make them revise their opinions on themselves and that character. If it was just Rey, Finn and Poe, movie would have gone to dogs because they are all idelaists fighting on the same side. Han is really what creates the iconic dynamics.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 01 May 2016, 8:04 am

This movie should be named: Luke Skywalker is a whiny b***h
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 May 2016, 10:15 am

“But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”

“I get ribbed for that line because it was so whiny. And I remember at the time, I had to make it as juvenile as possible so that I can show how Luke matures later. So it should be embarrassing. It should be whiny and childish. But boy, has it come back to haunt me. I don’t think I ever got the chance to finally pick them up.” - Mark Hamill
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 May 2016, 10:35 am

'I don’t think I ever got the chance to finally pick them up.'

Great! Now I'm gonna have that question in my head every time I watch the darn movie.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 01 May 2016, 12:00 pm

When Obi Wan tells Luke about his dad part of me wishes this was the new cut. Reliving Kenobi’s memories in flashback makes it seem more poignant and sad. And it makes you more forgiving of him lying about the subject.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 01 May 2016, 12:36 pm

Joining the party!!!  Missed yesterday Rolling Eyes

Been to see Cap: Civil War and now settling down for ANH (which will no doubt get interrupted by a meal!!)

I watch all (but TFA) on my iphone5c!!! Because shockingly I do not own any of them but TFA on DVD!!!!  Maybe some1 in my family will buy me the boxset for my 30th!!!  hehe

Anyway enough about me back to the show:

If the scroll isn't Rogue One spoiler-ish then I just don't know!!! (saw the Rogue One trailer on the big screen I love you I love you )

They always said ANH was low budget but the effects aren't so bad.

One thing I've always wondered how come the good guy ships fire red lasers and the bad guy ships fire green lasers - especially as red is associated with the Dark Side and green with the good???  Random thought??

Some lovely overdramatic acting from the extras in the corridor there!!!

Hello Grandpa!!  

Love that you can hear Threepio's mechanics whirring and now R2's.

Leia has her game face on!

Clever boy Darth kill someone before getting your answer.

R2 listens to no one - least of all Threepio Smile

Yeah Kylo had no hope with his stroppy Grandpa, argumentative Mother, sarcastic Father and whiny Uncle.  Padme and Shmi were the only calm ones!!! Razz

Love R2 - he knows best.

Ha ha the word twerp!!!!

That stormtrooper was clearly excited to find a piece of a droid

Hello Luke!

Ha 'All right shut up!' Uncle Owen

Poor R2 - its like being picked last at sports Sad

Even Luke wants Threepio to shut up Laughing Laughing

Luke is such a child - whining and playing with his toy spaceship

R2 sounds like he's wolf whistling!!!

Oh dear Luke has just fallen in love (if only he knew at that point!)

R2 remembers everything

If there's any domestic violence in the SW universe then it's between Threepio and R2 the way they talk to one another and how Threepio hits R2

Uncle Owen is a poor liar - don't tell someone a snippet about their past and then tell them to forget it. 'OB1 died around the same time as your Father' but don't ask me to elaborate

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sun 01 May 2016, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next