Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones

+2
Search Your Feelings
Rogue Rey
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:26 am

Dear all,

This is the second of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes.

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April - feel free to catch up anytime and join in the conversation in TPM thread
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April
A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May
Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May
The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

Credit to @Vaderito for the above words.

trailer
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 9:52 am

Jedi thin on numbers!

Padme with some excellent helmet hair + helmet action.

Ugh Palpatine and his fancy hairdo

Okay - Yoda and his warm feelings for Padme Shocked

That's it Mace defend Dooku

Ewwww Palpatine being all sorts of creepy toward Padme

Nervous Ani about seeing Padme - giving sass to Obi-wan

Obi-wan greeting his old friend Jar Jar with all the politeness he can muster.  Jar Jar looked like he wanted to hug him, but Obi-wan went in with the handshake.

Fumbling and stumbling Ani hitting on Padme.  Then comes the burn, poor Ani.

Obi-wan and Ani squabbling over Padme's protection.

Obi-wan (Ewan) looking fine Wink

Obi-wan cracking a smile when saying that Padme was pleased to see them - hummmmmmm do you have feelings for Padme Obi-wan???  lol!

Padme covering the cameras to stop Ani watching her which he finds a little amusing (Kylo seemed to like watching Rey sleep - like grandfather, like grandson)

Ani and Obi-wan disagreeing a lot - now about their 'attuned' senses.

Obi-wan doesn't like politicians especially Palpatine but Ani likes him Evil or Very Mad

Now who's the reckless one Obi-wan - jumping out of a window!!!

Obi-wan likes flying - goes against what people say about him.

The speeder chase on Coruscant is better than I remember.  Just a lot of CGI.

I swear I just heard monkeys when Ani is chasing the assassin?! Question Shocked

Aw Obi-wan forshadowing that Ani is going to be the death of him.  While Ani says he's like a Father - so Kylo isn't alone in killing their own Father in SW.

Ah death sticks - brilliant scene.

All those women eying up little Ani - pervs!!!!

Yoda seems oblivious to Anakin's feelings for Padme

The JC seems to trust Palpatine a little too much (not like OB1 - previous mention of distrusting him)

Palpatine creeping around Anakin - playing to Anakin's ego

Who is Yoda having a dig at when he says that arrogance is being seem more and more in the jedi even the older ones - surely not OB1 - who he is facing.  Should have looked to the man standing next to OB1 - Mace Windu.

Anakin talking about putting aside ones pride and then going on to moan about Obi-wan not believing in him to Padme - who is of course rational and mature.

Oh dear Anakin is looking at Padme in a way that makes her feel uncomfortable. Followed by a leer smirk!! Shocked
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: Attack of the Clones

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

Pop corn Looks like I'm partying on my own!! bounce bounce

They like 12 parsecs in the SW universe.

Got to say that Padme's refugee outfit doesn't exactly say discreet more like look at me.

Ah the compassion/unconditional love + attachment conversation. Anakin talking about how he sees/saw Padme in his dreams

Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:16 am

I'll be watching in a few hours, have some stuff to do first. can't wait! Thanks for making the thread! cheers

Rogue Rey wrote:Jedi thin on numbers!

Padme with some excellent helmet hair + helmet action.

Like grandmother like grandson! Very Happy

Ugh Palpatine and his fancy hairdo

Okay - Yoda and his warm feelings for Padme Shocked

That's it Mace defend Dooku

When you think Mace cannot get more unlikable.... No

Ewwww Palpatine being all sorts of creepy toward Padme

Nervous Ani about seeing Padme - giving sass to Obi-wan

Obi-wan greeting his old friend Jar Jar with all the politeness he can muster.  Jar Jar looked like he wanted to hug him, but Obi-wan went in with the handshake.

I think that Ewan's personal dislike of the character seeps through perfectly.

Fumbling and stumbling Ani hitting on Padme.  Then comes the burn, poor Ani.

Obi-wan and Ani squabbling over Padme's protection.

Obi-wan (Ewan) looking fine Wink

Obi-wan cracking a smile when saying that Padme was pleased to see them - hummmmmmm do you have feelings for Padme Obi-wan???  lol!

I still can't believe that Padme didn't fall in love with dashing OB1 dispatching battle droid like no big deal in TPM. Shocked

Padme covering the cameras to stop Ani watching her which he finds a little amusing (Kylo seemed to like watching Rey sleep - like grandfather, like grandson)

Ha,ha, but grandson shunned cameras...he's watching in person! Twisted Evil

Ani and Obi-wan disagreeing a lot - now about their 'attuned' senses.

Obi-wan doesn't like politicians especially Palpatine but Ani likes him Evil or Very Mad

Palp was stroking Ani's ego which nobody else did. Can't quite blame the kid who was dying for some praise.

Now who's the reckless one Obi-wan - jumping out of a window!!!

Obi-wan likes flying - goes against what people say about him.

The speeder chase on Coruscant is better than I remember.  Just a lot of CGI.

I swear I just heard monkeys when Ani is chasing the assassin?! Question Shocked

Aw Obi-wan forshadowing that Ani is going to be the death of him.  While Ani says he's like a Father - so Kylo isn't alone in killing their own Father in SW.

Exactly. people make too big deal about blood relation but adoption or father/son/brother figures are just as powerful.

Ah death sticks - brilliant scene.

All those women eying up little Ani - pervs!!!!

Yoda seems oblivious to Anakin's feelings for Padme

Yoda's blindness is LOLtastic. Seriously, dude, you don't need the Force to figure out how human nature works.

The JC seems to trust Palpatine a little too much (not like OB1 - previous mention of distrusting him)

Palpatine creeping around Anakin - playing to Anakin's ego

Who is Yoda having a dig at when he says that arrogance is being seem more and more in the jedi even the older ones - surely not OB1 - who he is facing.  Should have looked to the man standing next to OB1 - Mace Windu.

Probably faceless jedi not worthy to get face time in the movies...but Mace was poster for those. Yet he and Yoda were so tight.Ugh.

Anakin talking about putting aside ones pride and then going on to moan about Obi-wan not believing in him to Padme - who is of course rational and mature.

Oh dear Anakin is looking at Padme in a way that makes her feel uncomfortable. Followed by a leer smirk!! Shocked
@Rogue Rey

Lol, learing smirks are Anakin and Han thing, BTW. Han in ESB = 100% leering smirks
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:17 am

Rogue Rey wrote:Pop corn Looks like I'm partying on my own!! bounce bounce

They like 12 parsecs in the SW universe.

Got to say that Padme's refugee outfit doesn't exactly say discreet more like look at me.

Ah the compassion/unconditional love + attachment conversation. Anakin talking about how he sees/saw Padme in his dreams

@Rogue Rey

All Padme clothes always scream LOOK AT ME. Anakin seeing Padme in his dreams = Kylo seeing Rey in a vision...like she saw him. Mirroring.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:27 am

Yoda has a creepy snigger/laugh  Shocked

Anakin bag carrier Laughing

The current Queen of Naboo doesn't seem to have the same heart + punch as Padme.

Oooohhhh domestic about Padme's safety + Anakin backs down, but he doesn't like it.

Obi-wan and the art of deception.  Sneaky, very sneaky!!!

Padme loves water + Anakin hates sand.

Not subtle in the slightest there Anakin with touching Padme's back but it worked (for so long at least) Love how the music broke when she pulled away Laughing

OB1 not liking the look of the clone army.

Anakin not liking Padme talking about his ex - jealous much!!

Anakin telling Padme about what he wants to see from politics - you can practically hear Palpatine's voice!!

Padme and Anakin don't seem to agree on much - especially the big issues yet she can't help falling for him and having a roll in the grass!! Embarassed

Padme impressed by the fruit levitation - so easily pleased - girl should have strived for more to impress her.

Anakin sounds like such a sulky teenager during his I love you 2 I love you  with Padme

Anakin is an expert at emotional manipulation

Yoda admits they're blind about the clone army creation - not the only thing they're blind to - Anidala!  Palpatine!  Anakin in general!

OB1 kicking Jango Fett twice in the torso ( Wink ) - also displaying some nifty and clever fight moves!

Padme in yet another discreet outfit ( Rolling Eyes )

That planet looks like Saturn + OB1 displaying better piloting skill than people give him credit for.  Just because he says he hates it doesn't mean he's bad at it.

Anakin beginning the descent to the Dark side poor lamb and his feelings.  Skywalker's sure do love to be ruled by feelings.

The awesome Sir Christopher Lee - that man had such a bada** voice

Anakin + his angry scowl = mass murder.  Who's saying 'Anakin, Anakin' when it goes back to Yoda???

Anakin + his angry scowl at everyone but Padme when he returns with his Mother's body = he blames them IMO.  Now it's all about him and adds OB1 to the blame game.  Never blames himself for anything.

Padme 'To be angry is to be human'

Anakin is really quite bitter about OB1 but still says he's like his Father - (Han/Ben parallels - Ben is bitter about Han and we all know what happens)

Windu is way too casual (maybe it's Samuel L Jackson's performance because he's so awesomely laid back)

Count Dooku spelling it out to OB1 about Darth Sidious in an attempt to get OB1 to join him because of their mutual connection to Qui-Gon.

Oh no Jar Jar you idiot.  Did he not think he should run things past Padme?  Noooooo course not!

Palpatine playing himself down like normal until he gets his way pale

Kylo clearly gets his dress sense from his grandmother #fabulous

Anakin looses his lightsaber and OB1 catches it in the speeder chase. Anakin's lightsaber is chopped in half on Genoisis and says OB1 wont be happy. Darth Vader claims OB1's lightsaber after he kills him (like an in joke).

Don't be afraid

Padme is oh so romantic by saying she's been dying a little bit each day since Anakin came back into her life because she loves him. Well it is his love that does kill her so I guess she's foreshadowing her own death a bit.

Sorry but I'm not buying the chemistry between Hayden + Natalie (sorry Embarassed )

Padme is in control from the off - all ready to pick her cuffs. #prepared

The infamous line 'I've got a bad feeling about this'

Always time for a kiss on the cheek + Padme has her hand on OB1's thigh ( Wink )

Ha Dooku just said 'We'll see' what is it with this line in the SWU???? They just I love you it
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:58 am

These posts can be soooooo long - sorry about that!!

Jango thinks he's in a Western!!

Think they tried too hard to make Windu look cool with all his jumping and flying about

Little Boba seeing his Father have his head cut off and decided that being a bounty hunter was still the best choice

OB1 showing some fancy wrist swinging action with a lightsaber there Twisted Evil Wink

A thought about what Threepio says to R2 - he tell him that he's just a mechanic but as we've seen endless times R2 is so much more than just a mechanic.

Those silly personal feelings nearly getting in the way of the Dooku chase and OB1 having to talk Anakin into not letting them.  Meanwhile Yoda feels something he doesn't like.

Anakin being rash and impulsive.  OB1 meanwhile is rational but taunting is a great incentive to make a jedi fight better (or worse - feelings!!)

OB1 does go down way to easy tho - injured thigh and arm, and people complain Kylo is a whimpy emo cry baby.  Yet in injury comparison he's totally a bada** - look how many injuries he sustains and still he fights on with the snow fight.

There is really too much CGI in this film.

Yoda can be brutal at times but also so so blind - I mean Anidala hello - Padme ran straight to Anakin right in front of him and he still doesn't see it.

Moment = Anidala wedding (complete with cybernetic hand) Padme = a woman who loves Anakin despite knowing all of his flaws (at that point), his faults, troubles and selfishness, possessiveness, petulance. She loves him with such grace, patience and belief in him and in them. Sad really that it is love that kills her Sad

FIN
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:24 pm

OK, so I'm popping my Blue Ray!

Foreshadowing galore! "we made it! I guess there wa sno danger at all..." EXPLOSION! That kills...Rose Byrne! affraid

Padme: "I shouldn't have come." yes, padme. You shouldn't have. Things will get much worse. Poor Padme.

Yoda annoy the f*** out of me. "The DS couds everything. Impossible to see." STFU you stupid midget! Just amit you have no clue! Kylo never BS like that. He said he had no idea where Rey's friends were, didn't give her DS clouds everything. Ugh.

Mace:"Jedi are Piece Keepers, not soldiers." Thank you, Mace. Finn's a solider. That's where he belongs. Not in piece-keeping Jedi forces. There.

"Do it for me, my lady. The thought of losing you is unbearable." WTF, Palpatine? WTF? Creepy as hell.

Ha,ha, Mace fell into Palp's trap. "That could work. He's just come back..." No sith Sjerlock. As if Palp didn't know that OB1 had just come back.

Bail Organa and padme were right that placing her under Jedi protection was not a good idea. But Palp offering "old friend Kenobi" protection...they couldn't refuse it and Mace sealed the deal. Mace fail = cheers

"You are sweating. Relax.Take a deep breath" "I haven't seen her in 10 years master". OB1 and Anakin have such a great rapport. Yet OB1 doesn't get it that Ani is in love. Oh, OB1.

This is the most important moment in TP: "Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine". Padme has Little Ani goggles. They won't be taken off for a long time. This is what went wrong. Little Ani goggles prevented sound judgment.

"we will not exceed our mandate, my young padawan learner." OB1 sarcasm hits all time high when Anakin flatly dismisses his order in public. Anakin is so unprofessional. Padme should have felt embarrassed. This exchange is gold. Love this scene.

OK, grandpa's whiny. "He barely recognized me. I was thinking about her every single day...whine,whine,whine". Grandson is not whiny.

Anakin spells it out to OB1 that he is in love. OB1 replies with a tired phrase "be mindful of your thoughts. You gave a vow that cannot be easily brokne". Still doesn't take Ani's feeling seriously even though Ani isn't hiding them.

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:58 pm

Ali loses yet another LS. "Next time don't lose it." "I'll try Master" (Ani really doesn't care, LS like LS) "This weapon is your life" "Yes master" (he really doesn't believe it) "Why do I think you'll be a death of me?" (foreshadowing) "Don't say that Master. You are the closest thing I have to a father." Yes, in a way, ANH had a patricide too.

Coruscant club scene is done w/o any eroticism. It's supposed to be a club where people hook up and most women are hookers in various degrees but there's nothing sexy about club atmosphere. GL doesn't know how to shoot that.

"Jedi business, go back to your business." Ugh, this so kills Jedi mystery. They act like common cops.

Nice mirroring. Palp tells Ani that he's the coolest sith ever, cooler than Yoda. In another scene, OB1 thinks that appointing Ani as padme's body guard is a terrible idea. Ani's arrogant, he says. No, you should have said, Ani's in love. JC have spoken, they assigned Ani plus sent OB1 far away. Yikes.

Anakin has a whiny fit in front of Padme. Ob1 sucks and I'm better than him is the gist. padme really doesn't care but is too polite to tune him out. Says he's grown up but shouldn't grow up too soon, whatever that means. Probably wants him to be a little boy cause his creepy staring is making her uncomfortable. Essentially, she knows this is totally wrong but can't help herself cause there's no one to pull her up. In the meantime, Ani's leering like a creep.

"I really hope he doesn't try something foolish." "I'll be more concerned about her trying than him." Ben's got it from his grandmother. I love you

Screw haters but "attachment is forbidden, possession is forbidden, compassion, which I see as unconditional love, is essential to Jedi life. Therefore, we are encouraged to love." speech is great. It shows exactly what's wrong with Jedi doctrine.

Yikes!Ani embarrasses Padme in front of the Queen of Naboo. Interrupts, contradicts, padme gently puts him in place. This is not working out but opposite attracts, pull of adventure, Little Ani Goggles. Sigh

Ani and Padme totally did it when they rolled in that meadow. Also, he really thinks that dictatorship is useful but backtracked and made it look like a joke when it was obvious she was unpleasently surprised. They couldn't have been more incompatible.

Ani tires to coerce padme into a relationship but Padme stand her ground and says "I will not give in to this." "By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced." Oh Padme, oh Kylo.  Laughing

Ani is creepy and Padme is kind of scared or at least uncomfortable. He has zero patience but at least he is open to her that he cannot do anything rational. Signs were everywhere that it wouldn't work. He even tries to blame her for the kiss.

Padme says she couldn't live in a lie and Ani says it would destroy them. Foreshadowing.

Ani has nightmares about his mother's suffering. He's abandoning his bodyguarding duty. says he's sorry. Padme comes with him to save his face with JC. Padme's too good for this world. Watto's grown a beard of bad debt and is as delightful as ever. I wonder if Kylo ever met Watto. I suppose Watto could have longer life span than humans

@MeadowofAshes OK, here's the moment that justifies padme's reaction to Ani's Tusken slaying. She and Ani visit Cliegg Lars, Shmi's husband and hear from him what happened. Shmi is taken by Tusken warriors. Cliegg desrbes them as "vicious, mindless monsters." That's all Padme knows about them. She's sympathetic to the family. Cliegg lost his leg fighting them. Double sympathy. Ani's acting like a jerk, really unpleasent to everyone.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

Ani dispatches Tusken tribe. In the meantime, Yoda is meditating on an Ikea futon. That looks so wrong. jedi in urban, ultra modern setting lose their mystique completely.

"One day, I will be the most power Jedi ever, I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying." So this is Ani's second vow. First was in TPM to free slaves. He never finished that (nor he started it). Now he vows to learn how to stop people from dying cause he couldn't save his mother. He also thinks he should have stayed and be a mechanic cause he's good at fixing things. Basically, FS are not happy. Han was essentially right (in kiddie novelization) that Ban would have been happier if he was normal. bacially, Ani is rambling because what he's done is pressing on him. He yells what he's done. Padme isn't happy but he's crying so she's trying to be comforting. "to be angry is to be human" probably the worst thing she could've said but what would you? It was a situation that she never encountered. "I'm not, I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this." he knows he did something wrong and obviously wants someone to say it, "Yes you did wrong" but there isn't anyone.

"I wasn't strong enough to save you, mom. I wans't strong enough. But I promise, I won't fail again." And than he did. This is so sad. AOTC works when it's focused on characters. It's action where it's a chore.

"He's your friend, you mentor..." "He's like my father!" Ani commits first SW patricide in ANH.

Padme is awesome here. She wants to save OB1 and Ani will have to come along if he wants to protect her aka obey Mace's orders. Padme I love you

had to fasforward thought pointless action. Padme and Ani are caught and scheduled to die in the arena. They profess their love, decide to go against their vows no to live in a lie. Padme "I truly deeply love you." Her love is unconditional.

Arena action sequence is horrid. You have all Jedi kicking...battle droid's a**es? WTF? They couldn't have gotten worthier opponents? GL really kiddie-fied this.

Anakin is reckless as hell, just like his grandson after him. OB1 comes up with a stratgey against Dooku but, no, Anakin rishes into action...right into lightning bolt. Oops. Fights with 2 sabers and loses his arm. Yoda saves the day. That looked comical. Yoda should be powerful enough not to need a LS.

Ani's lost hand makes him even more sympathetic in padme's eyes. His mother died, he lost his arm, he loves her. She can't say no. Sad. The Force conspires to destroy her.

Ani and padme get married. Her dress and headpiece are stunning. It's a low key wedding. SW needs a big one.

I thought this movie would never end.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 6:03 pm

@Rogue Rey Is it me or when Anakin snatched that pear, cut a smaller piece, sent it flying to Padme but kept much bigger piece, that was so selfish? He didn't even ask permission!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:39 pm

I hate sand.

It's rough and course.

And it gets everywhere!

the dialogue during the fireplace scene

- Attack of the Cringe

Not watching it right now (don't have it in my collection) but will join you all for A New Hope. Twisted Evil
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 17 Apr 2016, 9:45 am

Being as much positive as I can: I am saying only: Across the Stars by John Williams - maybe my favorite SW tune.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:01 pm

Ok....today was eventfull..made me forget about the viewing...but don't frett....I am here...with wine...I need it since it is AotC....damn sand line....

t=0 min
Here we go again....I love that intro space shot....I wanna fly a spaceship....

t=5 min
"The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"
Yeah Yoda...you have problems if you couldn't see Anakin's downfall to the darkside even if he was wearing dark leather all the time...(can't take credit for this observation...it's from one of my YodaTalk friends:P)

t=8 min
How old is Anakin supposted to be here 17? Where I come from 17 year old boys do not look like that....but then again..he is a Jedi (no dududuuum this time)

t=10 min
"I've thought about her every day since we parted....she has forgotten about me completely"
Kylo Ren gets his granpa puppy eyes

t=12 min
Coruscant scenes remind me so much of Mass Effect Universe

t=22 min
"You wanna buy some death sticks....."
This exchange allways...allways makes me smile...go home and rethink my life *chuckles*

t=25 min
Palps says to Ani that one day he will be most powerful Jedi ever...his downfall started here...it was not because of Padme only....he lusted for power more...I guess...sad, but true...

t=31 min
I like Dex

t=38 min
"The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we loose it"
More like the day you start questioning if democracy works is the thay it is already lost....

t=41 min
I want Lama Su's furniture....

t=42-44 min
NOOOOOOOOOO! The sand.....and the look.....
moving on...nothing to see here....0 chemistry

t=49 min
Jango Fett....bounty hunter....bloody hunter

t=52 min
Fireplace scene....that was nice...sounded sincere...almost believed him

t=1h
"Oh not good"....I love OB1...the whole rain fight scene is great...hate Fett...but love his gadgets

t=1h 11min
That blue thing Padme is wearing....ugh!

t=1h 17 min
Shmi *dies*
Dark Anakin *born*

t=1h 28 min
"Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you" did I see an uncertainity on OB1's face

t=1h 31min
Padme was great here...."Don't worry...I've given up trying to argue with you"

t=1h 39 min
"I truly deeply love you"....That was nice...sounded sincere I almost believed her
A kiss...but still 0 chemistry :/

t=1h 41 min
Does someone say "I've got a bad feeling about this" in every episode? I'm such a newbie I don't know...but if yes that would be MF awesome

t=1h 59 min
"She would do her duty"...wrong choice Anakin

t=2h 4 min
Flying Yoda.....I'll refrain from commenting because men would hate me....moving on

t=2h 10 min
Wedding...mweh hated the dress and the kiss....0 chemistry

Must admit...I skimmed the last 20 minutes or so....this is not my favorite and so I conclude...buona notte gente

Last edited by Arcana on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:23 pm; edited 20 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

Arcana wrote:Ok....today was eventfull..made me forget about the viewing...but don't frett....I am here...with wine...I need it since it is AotC....damn sand line....

Truer words have never been spoken about this movie!

t=0 min
Here we go again....I love that intro space shot....I wanna fly a spaceship....

t=5 min
"The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"
Yeah Yoda...you have problems if you couldn't see Anakin's downfall to the darkside even if he was wearing dark leather all the time...(can't take credit for this observation...it's from one of my Cantina friends:P)

Yoda's full of sith. Full of it. Always the same BS excuses. Just say you have no clue cause, you know, you don't!

t=8 min
How old is Anakin supposted to be here 17? Where I come from 17 year old boys do not look like that....but then again..he is a Jedi (no dududuuum this time)

t=10 min
"I've thought about her every day since we parted....she has forgotten about me completely"
Kylo Ren gets his granpa puppy eyes

And his sense of hyperbole. "She has forgotten me completely" after she recognizes him and says he's grown up. "Girl I've heard so much about" so much being one mention by Mitaka and one mention by faceless Storm Trooper. Skywalkers. Laughing

t=12 min
Coruscant scenes remind me so much of Mass Effect Universe

I love Coruscant. It just doesn't work as Jedi Council's headquarters because urban landscape kills mystery. see also JC's Ikea furniture.

t=22 min
"You wanna buy some death sticks....."
This exchange allways...allways makes me smile...go home and rethink my life *chuckles*

Cause it's great. It's one of the most memorable moments/lines in SW, not just TP. It deserved a better movie.

t=25 min
Palps says to Ani that one day he will be most powerful Jedi ever...his downfall started here...it was not because of Padme only....he lusted for power more...I guess...sad, but true...

Well, on one side you have JC who think he sucks, even though he can see he's ahead of them in many ways. On the other side you have this guy who tells him exactly what he wants to hear that confirms that he isn't just an egomaniac - he is legit coolest, best s*** in the universe. he's validated.

@Arcana
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

Love you @vaderito...will continue with the post in a bit...kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Apr 2016, 2:42 pm

Arcana wrote:Love you  @vaderito...will continue with the post in a bit...kiss
@Arcana @Rogue Rey

You coming next weekend for ROTS? Very Happy That should be easy cause ROTS is actually rather good.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

Ofc...Presuit Anakin is my weakness....lol...I am continuing AotC as we speak Wink
And know this friend....I truly appreciate your words....thank you
*hugs*

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

Cheek kiss

@Arcana

t=38 min
"The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we loose it"
More like the day you start questioning if democracy works is the thay it is already lost....

When he stars giving her his educated opinion on making people agree and she's,like, "that sounds awfully like a dictatorship to me", and he's,like, "well, if it works..." I think that he meant it 100% but turned it into a joke when he realized she was genuinely put off. But the point is that it was his sincere opinion and he didn't want her to see that they don't have compatible POV. She should have known better but I guess she really wanted to think best of him so she took it as a joke even though it clearly wasn't one.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Apr 2016, 7:37 pm

@Arcana

t=1h
"Oh not good"....I love OB1...the whole rain fight scene is great...hate Fett...but love his gadgets

t=1h 11min
That blue thing Padme is wearing....ugh!

t=1h 17 min
Shmi *dies*
Dark Anakin *born*

t=1h 28 min
"Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you" did I see an uncertainity on OB1's face

t=1h 31min
Padme was great here...."Don't worry...I've given up trying to argue with you"

Yes, Padme was the highlight of this movie.

OB1's comment just shows how much Qui Gonn is missed. Killing him off was the best thing Palpatine could do cause it created domino effect. Everything went to sith after he died because JC needed people like him to keep JC in check and serve them some truth tea.

t=1h 39 min
"I truly deeply love you"....That was nice...sounded sincere I almost believed her
A kiss...but still 0 chemistry :/

Her love is unconditional.

t=1h 41 min
Does someone say "I've got a bad feeling about this" in every episode? I'm such a newbie I don't know...but if yes that would be MF awesome

Yes. ANH has Luke and Han speak the line and than it became a running gag in every episode. Just checked Wookipedia. Very Happy

t=1h 59 min
"She would do her duty"...wrong choice Anakin

t=2h 4 min
Flying Yoda.....I'll refrain from commenting because men would hate me....moving on

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

t=2h 10 min
Wedding...mweh hated the dress and the kiss....0 chemistry

Must admit...I skimmed the last 20 minutes or so....this is not my favorite and so I conclude...buona notte gente

This movie is the worst and I skimmed all stupid action on Geonosis too.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 17 Apr 2016, 8:32 pm

Definitely the weakest of the Star Wars movies. That isn't to say I hate it, but I'd much rather watch one of the others.

The film starts off fairly well; I like the speeder chase through Coruscant.

Is it just me, or is every line of dialogue exposition? None of these characters seems to have a human conversation.

The Kaminoans have to be among my favourite SW aliens; so graceful and ethereal.

Obi-Wan steals every single scene he's in.

Love seeing the small Jedi army fight the Geonosians.

The lightsaber duel with Dooku was okay. Not great. Just okay.

Yoda's lightsaber skills... how can something be so stupid and awesome all at the same time?

Again, this is the weakest of the SW movies, although I do think there are a few things to enjoy: it looks amazing, John Williams' score is on point as always, Christopher Lee wields a lightsaber, and Obi-Wan is just awesome.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm

@vaderito
I love your comments to my comments...that's mainly why I write my comments....see you here for RotS...can't wait to comment Ani...

@Armadeus
I have a feeling we could discuss Yoda flying around and you wouldn't be upset with me....that's good to know Smile

Last edited by Arcana on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 17 Apr 2016, 10:49 pm

@Arcana

Go on. Tell us what you think Very Happy

As for me, I have NO idea how I feel about Yoda's lightsaber skills. Like I said: it's stupid, but it's also awesome; he's just jumping around like a rabid gerbil. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that for the first time. I had no idea what the hell I was witnessing. Still don't.

Also, I forgot to mention: did anyone else notice how Obi-Wan just DOVE out that window after Zam's probe after the failed assassination attempt? Like, he didn't even think about it, just BANG! Out the window and clinging onto the the droid for dear life. If that droid had been a few seconds faster...
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:01 pm

@Armadeus
Hahaha...nice try...but..in the words of Maz Kanata: "No!"
Don't worry men...I like Broda Wink I quote him on numerous occasions, I do....

OB1 is the best thing of prequels....I never skim his scenes...I like him that much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Apr 2016, 8:01 am

[quote="Armadeus"]Definitely the weakest of the Star Wars movies. That isn't to say I hate it, but I'd much rather watch one of the others.
[quote]

Same. It gets way to bogged down by unnecessary boring action that stalls the plot. That assembly line sequence? waste of space.

The film starts off fairly well; I like the speeder chase through Coruscant.

Is it just me, or is every line of dialogue exposition? None of these characters seems to have a human conversation.

Oy! You bet. talk about stilted. Also, SLJ is seriously just collecting paycheck without even trying. For all bashing hayden gets, he tried to create a character, didn't just sit there and file his nails.

The Kaminoans have to be among my favourite SW aliens; so graceful and ethereal.

YES! they are truly magnificent creation, too bad they weren't put to good use (basically Exposition Aliens)

Obi-Wan steals every single scene he's in.

Love seeing the small Jedi army fight the Geonosians.

OB1 is the best thing here. he had nothing to do in TPM but this was his big movie and he shone.

I wish Jedi army had more formidable opponents than battle droids, flying insectoids and Jango fett.

The lightsaber duel with Dooku was okay. Not great. Just okay.

Super overrated. Dooku is total lameness. Villains really sucked in this. basically, Dooku was Doodoo, they just got C.Lee to play himself.

Yoda's lightsaber skills... how can something be so stupid and awesome all at the same time?

Sums up MCU success.  Very Happy

@Armadeus

@Armadeus and @Arcana OB1's dove out of the window was amazing. Now that's a Jedi who knows what he's doing cause he can do it in his sleep. Pure instinct. cheers

Next weekend's gonna be good cause ROTS is the best TP. And there's Mustafar that relates to Snow Fight a lot.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next