Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:06 pm

Jeeze. Han really was a scoundrel, wasn't he? That's interesting.

I like that they're adding new female characters, romance or otherwise. It would make sense that he would have a different love (hate? con?) interest(s) as he didn't meet Leia until he was older. I can see the Han/Leia fans freaking out, though. I hope we gets lots of young Chewie and Lando.

Maybe they'll cast both women and Han will get yelled at a lot lol.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by panki Sat 08 Oct 2016, 2:19 am

MoonlitMoss wrote:Jeeze. Han really was a scoundrel, wasn't he? That's interesting.

I like that they're adding new female characters, romance or otherwise. It would make sense that he would have a different love (hate? con?) interest(s) as he didn't meet Leia until he was older. I can see the Han/Leia fans freaking out, though. I hope we gets lots of young Chewie and Lando.

Maybe they'll cast both women and Han will get yelled at a lot lol.
@MoonlitMoss

I would love this!! I have this head canon of Han escaping the Sultan of Boz Pity's palace chased by Princess screaming "wait for me", angry sultan and guards in pursuit.....then he jumps out of a window onto a speeder driven by Chewie, Sana and Lando....and they drive off with Lando congratulating him, Sana scolding him and Chewie making snarky remarks in wookie.

That is a really good point....even if it makes some fans a little angry to see other women in Han's life (friends, enemies, lovers, team members), I'm glad also to see more female characters being brought into the story.....while the EU had plenty of female characters in novels and comics, few made it to the movies.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:14 pm

Donald Glover has just been officially announced in the role of Lando Calrissian!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:26 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Donald Glover has just been officially announced in the role of Lando Calrissian!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Yasss!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:43 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Donald Glover has just been officially announced in the role of Lando Calrissian!
@Mrs Ben Solo

Love that casting. I have no doubt that he can pull of that Lando charm.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:46 pm

He's pretty great & if you aren't watching Atlanta, highly recommend it However a tiny part of me was hoping for Key & Peele's version of Lando.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 21 Oct 2016, 4:51 pm

he looks spot on Lando, has the same type of charm and even physical resemblance. Way better than Ehrenreich/Ford.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 21 Oct 2016, 5:25 pm

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 3 Tumblr_m1avddj1tI1r6hxuw
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 21 Oct 2016, 6:05 pm

He'll be perfect as Lando!!! He also had a supporting role in The Martian as well...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 21 Oct 2016, 7:24 pm

This is amazing news!!! He really looks the part... Very Happy

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 3 807Ulgj

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 21 Oct 2016, 10:32 pm

this calls for a celebration song, childish gambino aka donald glover

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 21 Oct 2016, 11:25 pm

This is great news!

I love the statement from Lord and Miller:

We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us. These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 22 Oct 2016, 1:25 am

Although I'm going to miss Billy Dee as Lando, I think Donald Glover as young Lando is awesome casting. I'm really happy with the choice.

Initially I was a little leery of a young Han Solo movie without Harrison, etc., but in the last few months, the idea is slowly growing on me. I'm still a little sad that they're doing a Han movie without Harrison, but I'm open to seeing where it goes.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:14 am

Is Han/Lando (Hando?) already a ship? Because I feel like it's gonna be with this movie...Donald Glover is beautiful.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Oct 2016, 10:22 am

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 26 Oct 2016, 10:54 am

@Darth_Awakened

One of the greatest bromances of all time. Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 26 Oct 2016, 11:56 am

Weird... my interest in the young Han film was next to 0, but with this casting news I suddenly feel like:

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 3 Okay-its-happening-gif

Damn you, Lucasfilm. You know how to sell things to me, don't you.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 26 Oct 2016, 12:13 pm

I must admit I adore Han Solo type of humor (It is legacy my father left me- he was a great fan of western movies)
I am just a little more pumped over HS movie than R1.
Looking forward to good laugh, some action, a lots of space criminals and Chewie.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:24 pm

From MSW: Emilia Clark joins the cast of the Han Solo spinoff:
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/11/game-of-thrones-star-emilia-clarke-joins-the-han-solo-star-wars-story/

Emilia Clarke is heading to a galaxy far, far away — and she’s going to meet Han and Chewie.

StarWars.com is excited to announce that Clarke, known for her stirring portrayal of Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, will
   join the upcoming untitled Han Solo Star Wars movie. Clarke’s role will round out a dynamic cast of characters that Han and Chewie will encounter on their adventures. Clarke joins Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover — previously cast as Han Solo and Lando Calrissian, respectively — in the highly-anticipated film, which is set prior to the original Star Wars trilogy.

The untitled Han Solo movie, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, is set for release in 2018.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:15 pm

Hopefully Emilia is great in whatever the role is, but I'm a little disappointed because I thought this role was going to be a woman of color. A while back, there were reports that Tessa Thompson, Zoe Kravitz and Naomi Scott had all tested - and they were the only names mentioned at the time.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

Well, if she was the best woman for the job they could find...then, fine...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:17 pm

Heh, I was hoping for Sana Starros to be in the movie, and yet we got another brunette in SW. Like, I have nothing against brunettes, being a brunette myself (lol), but even a redhead would have been a nice change.

Anyway, since we got another brunette in the GFFA, let the Rey-Mother-of-Dragons parentage theories begin.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:44 pm

Irina de France wrote:Heh, I was hoping for Sana Starros to be in the movie, and yet we got another brunette in SW. Like, I have nothing against brunettes, being a brunette myself (lol), but even a redhead would have been a nice change.

Anyway, since we got another brunette in the GFFA, let the Rey-Mother-of-Dragons parentage theories begin.
@Irina de France

Yeah,nothing against Emilia she might be great for the role but I think LF shouldn't get irritated when people start speculating that this or that character can be Rey's mom when they keep casting white brunette women to play those roles.I mean come on would it kill them to cast more POC actresses in main roles?
I for one would like to see Rae Sloane on a live action moive and this time Disney won't be able to cast a white brunette woman since Rae's clearly black.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm

@cienaree I would LOVE to see a Rae Sloane movie! More nuanced female villains, please!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2016, 7:54 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hopefully Emilia is great in whatever the role is, but I'm a little disappointed because I thought this role was going to be a woman of color. A while back, there were reports that Tessa Thompson, Zoe Kravitz and Naomi Scott had all tested - and they were the only names mentioned at the time.
@BastilaBey

I agree but hey, we still don't know who she's playing. For all we know she could be playing a villain, or perhaps it's nothing more than a glorified cameo (see Max Von Sydow and Gwendoline Christie - perhaps LF aims to get all the major GOT actors for cameos in their SW movies Wink) Time will tell, but like you I hope they cast a WOC as the main heroine for the Han Solo spin-off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next