Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character

+22
Geralt_Riv
adamdrivershair
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
guardienne
Darth Rowan
Force22
Forsythia
Xylo Ren
Saracene
Kylo Ren
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Search Your Feelings
IoJovi
Irina de France
Darth_Awakened
panki
MissG
ISeeAnIsland
Reylo Lemon
Rogue Rey
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who is your least favourite Star Wars Character

Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap52%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 31 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 60

Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 4:13 pm

Irina de France wrote:I think what doesn't help is that fans spent 15 years imagining how Darth Vader was like before TPM came out. So I can understand a lot were disappointed.

I saw the prequels when I was 11-12, and I enjoyed them. Nowadays, I see the flaws, but I think they still have their own merit (watching TCW also helped, lol). Though personally, I don't really see why TPM is considered the worst SW movie. Like, sure, Jar Jar is annoying, but he's actually not essential to the story and it's easy to ignore him. AOTC, though... if it wasn't for the parts with Obi-Wan, it would be pretty dreadful.
@Irina de France

I've really tried to watch the PT through the lens of "AotC is worse than TPM", but I just can't get there. To me TPM is completely unnecessary--the whole story could have been given as a bit of exposition or a flashback in AotC. At least AotC moves the story forward. And I'll admit that enjoy watching the Anakin-Padme scenes in a "so bad, I find them funny" way. (And that's not to knock on Hayden and Natalie, who are perfectly fine actors under other circumstances.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's Your Least Favourite Star Wars Character

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 30 Jun 2017, 4:27 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

This filler scene tho  Razz 

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm

And I'll admit that enjoy watching the Anakin-Padme scenes in a "so bad, I find them funny" way.  (And that's not to knock on Hayden and Natalie, who are perfectly fine actors under other circumstances.)
@ISeeAnIsland

I thought the same! Anakin is so dramatic it's funny. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@ISeeAnIsland

@Cowgirlsamurai

Okay, yeah, that's just awful, and not in a fun way.

I guess, what I was trying to say is that there are things about AtoC that I find enjoyable (even if it's in an ironic way), and I'll pay attention/watch when it's on in the background. With TPM, even when I try to watch, I find myself distracted and going off doing other things.

FWIW, I do quite like RotS (outside of what happens with Padme's character).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:48 pm

I used to think for years that AotC was the worst prequel, but I rewatched them all last year and nope, TPM was the worst. The double whammy of Jar Jar and kid!Anakin totally beats the romance in sheer awfulness, and the best performers of the trilogy, McDiarmid and McGregor, have stuff all to do.

It's still not the worst SW movie for me though, with Rogue One taking that cake.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:42 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

I watched the prequels for the first time last year and this scene literally made me give up on finishing Attack of the Clones because it was so awful. I moved right on to Revenge of the Sith.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:01 pm

Just watching that clip, the main thing I keep focusing on is how she manages to keep her pashima on with perfect draping and not getting tangled up in the machinery. Then again Leia spent the entire OT running around with perfect lip gloss, blusher, hair, and eye liner. So like mother, like daughter!

I get the argument that the PT was meant for kids, but geez does that statement sound like it was made by somebody who underestimates kids' intelligence and sophistication. Like just imagine if somebody like Miyazaki was handling that material.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:12 pm

@WhatGirl

I was 16 when Clones came out and at the time I thought it was amazing Razz Plus I had the hots for Hayden big time. I couldn't wait to see him become Vader in RotS (which I still love). I feel like the prequels are perfect for teens, even today.

I'm just glad that SW bad guys have matured along with me and the one I'm watching at 30 is more sophisticated and developed than Ani. How convenient Wink
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:29 pm

AOTC is a guilty pleasure for me.  I enjoy watching it even as I'm noticing what's bad.  I would take AOTC over TPM (Sleep)  any day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:38 pm

McGregor Obi Wan is a total "win" for me, so my biggest complaint about TPM is that he's stuck on the ship for a large part, but I guess they didn't want him to overshadow Qui Gon. And am I crazy or are the Obi Wan on Kamino scenes not enjoyable? I find his lack of foresight about Anidala puzzling however.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 01 Jul 2017, 3:13 am

@Cowgirlsamurai

was rewatching PT recently and thinking hooow they don't die here though Very Happy I thought Padme is going to get burned by lava, but nope, she is in the other pot
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sun 02 Jul 2017, 4:29 pm

Saracene wrote:I used to think for years that AotC was the worst prequel, but I rewatched them all last year and nope, TPM was the worst. The double whammy of Jar Jar and kid!Anakin totally beats the romance in sheer awfulness, and the best performers of the trilogy, McDiarmid and McGregor, have stuff all to do.

It's still not the worst SW movie for me though, with Rogue One taking that cake.
@Saracene

Watch this tree movies: The Star Wars Holiday Special, The Ewok Adventure, Ewoks The Battle for Endor. You will appreciate Rogue One after that. Be carefull, this is only for masochists and movie critics (but they are paid to watch movies), especially the Holiday Special. The Ewok's movies are better, in my opinion. I saw them all which was a big achievement, especially for the Holiday Special. At least the Ewok's movies have some interesting moments. Smile

I have seen the Prequels many times, every one of them. My opinion about it has not changed. I still think that AotC is worse than TPM. Maybe it is mostly because of my sentiment for TPM. But I would choose Jar Jar over Anidala in AotC, at least he was not important to the plot. For me, it was always easier to ignore him than that bad romance. Smile

EDIT: I deleted videos from my comment.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3