Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

+35
thescavenger
Maria26
EchoBase
Starchaser
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
Moonjump05
TheBastardofMandalore
Geralt_Riv
jakkusun
Xylo Ren
Jakku
Darth Dingbat
ReyofLightSide
Darth_Awakened
Hasi
salmund
CienaRee
Socialnole
Search Your Feelings
creepi0
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
panki
Darth Dementor
Force22
IoJovi
snufkin
ZenBrainJam
Kylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Reylo Lemon
Gemini
39 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by kroi Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:27 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
kroi wrote:So I'm not 100% sure Rey is a Kenobi, but it is one of my favorite theories! I know people have talked about various hints in the music, but wondered if anyone else had noticed this... a snippet of 'Duel of the Fates' appears to play in 'The Falcon' track on the TFA soundtrack: https://youtu.be/e8_2K7QNtpI?t=148

What do y'all think?? (this would basically be the scene where Rey is using the Force while flying the Falcon on Jakku)
@kroi

Welcome and thanks! Where in the falcon track is a snippet of "Duel of Fates"? I have listened to both tracks and can't locate it.... maybe I am just not musically inclined. Smile

@spacebaby45678

Thanks! Smile The link I included is where it starts (2:28) and it ends at about 2:32... it's not exactly the same song more like the melody? Idk, maybe it's just me, lol! It's also interesting that the Reywalkers use the Force song playing when she gets the lightsaber from Kylo as proof that she's Luke's when it also plays for Obi-Wan in TPM: https://youtu.be/vY_EmTCkB_E?t=111 (1:51)
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 26 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okemr3DcsM1v3o2r3o1_500

The Red String of Fate (simplified Chinese: 姻缘红线; traditional Chinese: 姻緣紅線; pinyin: Yīnyuán hóngxiàn), also referred to as the Red String of Marriage, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎorén (月下老人), often abbreviated to Yuè Lǎo (月老), the old lunar matchmaker god, who is in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmate or a destined flame.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm

Are we being trolled by disney? Razz  Razz

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okeqm06zWS1v30h62o3_400

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okesj2Dhji1v3o2r3o1_540

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okesj2Dhji1v3o2r3o2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 26 Jan 2017, 7:12 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Are we being trolled by disney? Razz  Razz

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okeqm06zWS1v30h62o3_400

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okesj2Dhji1v3o2r3o1_540

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okesj2Dhji1v3o2r3o2_540
@spacebaby45678

Yes, yes they are. They know our weakness. lol!
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:12 pm

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_oki7upshEo1v3o2r3o1_540

The minute he stepped on Tatooine with baby Luke he was hot single and free, and not bound by the Jedi Order rules

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Obi-wan-kenobi-ewan-mcgregor-wallpaper-3
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 28 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Hellhound Two - Rey's Home

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 2Q==

Hellhounds

They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds, or undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 2Q==
@spacebaby45678

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hellhound_Two
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:58 am

Marvel
ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_okfb9hlPQK1roplrlo1_540
Rebels
ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_oj9owb8M7t1v2s3cyo2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 30 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

The sun setting on Kenobi is an important motif, and is not an accident in TFA... The twin suns or sun rises  for Skywalkers,

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_oklo1bYovJ1v3o2r3o1_540
ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_oklo1bYovJ1v3o2r3o2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 7:27 am

"That wizard is just a crazy old man.... I don't think hr even exists even more." ~Uncle Owen "I'm no one." ~Rey. Both Obi-Wan and Rey are first judged as people who don't matter and are later revealed to be very important people.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Bda76ab56f9af763c5b339ce7f007334
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 7:21 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Feb 2017, 2:42 am

Great post by a Rey Kenobi fan on Tumblr

http://thereykenobifiles.tumblr.com/post/156752084276/he-even-changed-his-name

He even changed his name..
I’ve been wondering about Obi-Wan using Rey’s name since learning about them using Alec Guinness’ voice for tfa.

Let’s take a look at all characters who (somehow) interact with Rey in tfa and their (initial) reaction to who she is:

Finn: [My name is] “Finn, what’s yours?”

Han: “You got a name?”

Kylo Ren: “What girl?”

Maz: “Who’s the girl?”

Obi-Wan Kenobi [subtitles]: “Rey?”

Leia: “Han told me about the girl.”

Luke [script]:  He doesn’t need to ask her who she is, or what she’s doing here.

So the only two characters who don’t need to ask her who she is are Luke and Obi-Wan and the only character who USES Rey’s name WITHOUT EVEN ASKING HER ABOUT IT is Obi-Wan! This is important - there is no denying it!

I know, it’s just a vision. But names ARE a big deal in tfa. Finn has none to begin with and is later named by Poe. Ben changed his name to Kylo Ren.

That interrogation mark suggests that Obi-Wan somehow suddenly recognizes Rey’s presence WITHIN the Force (vision). That chapter of the movie is even called “Visions in the Force”. IN the force.

Finn and Han just ask Rey about her name whereas Maz and Leia at least get the feeling that there is something special about her concerning the ways of the Force. (Concerning Kylo’s initial reaction I think he only knows about “a girl” from a vision he had himself but that’s just my opinion.)

Think about it - the general audience was NOT supposed to recognize the complexity of the Force vision’s background noises at once (not to mention the subtitles or the script) but only after some time has passed!

It’s meant to be a slow process. It’s perfect!

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_njb82b5zeO1u88281o1_500

I know, many people tend to reply “But that would require too much explanation!” or “Obi-Wan would never betray the teachings of the Jedi!” Yes, you got a point there.

But keep in mind that it’s the same with “No. I AM your father!” Imagine the audience at that time: “WAIT, WHAT!? EXPLAIN!” And they got an explanation even though it took 25 years for it.

And Obi-Wan betraying the Jedi Order? What Jedi Order? There is no Jedi Order to betray at the time Obi-Wan settled on Tatooine! And last but not least…

…HE EVEN CHANGED HIS NAME!

And don’t tell me he did that to hide because he settled on Vader’s birth planet (yes, yes, I know there is a lot of sand but come on!) AND he kept his surname dammit!

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_oks6k7lngK1tk426a_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Feb 2017, 2:48 am

Worth listening to but he his very far behind on many concepts.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 04 Feb 2017, 5:32 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Great post by a Rey Kenobi fan on Tumblr

I’ve been wondering about Obi-Wan using Rey’s name since learning about them using Alec Guinness’ voice for tfa.

Let’s take a look at all characters who (somehow) interact with Rey in tfa and their (initial) reaction to who she is:

Luke [script]:  He doesn’t need to ask her who she is, or what she’s doing here.

So the only two characters who don’t need to ask her who she is are Luke and Obi-Wan and the only character who USES Rey’s name WITHOUT EVEN ASKING HER ABOUT IT is Obi-Wan! This is important - there is no denying it!

I know, it’s just a vision. But names ARE a big deal in tfa. Finn has none to begin with and is later named by Poe. Ben changed his name to Kylo Ren.

That interrogation mark suggests that Obi-Wan somehow suddenly recognizes Rey’s presence WITHIN the Force (vision). That chapter of the movie is even called “Visions in the Force”. IN the force.

Finn and Han just ask Rey about her name whereas Maz and Leia at least get the feeling that there is something special about her concerning the ways of the Force. (Concerning Kylo’s initial reaction I think he only knows about “a girl” from a vision he had himself but that’s just my opinion.)
@spacebaby45678

This actually makes a lot of sense. I think Obi-Wan calling her by name is by far the most important point in favor of Rey Kenobi. The fact that he is the only one who "knows" her and calls her by name is relevant.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Feb 2017, 6:58 am

Force Bonds... the broken and restored..

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0hifqpX1O1rpgel3o1_500

“It was a challenge with the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, because we had to work out how you would fight somebody when it’s like fighting yourself. We did loads of sections where exactly that happened- where they just couldn’t get through because they match each other perfectly.” ~ Nick Gillard, Swordmaster/Stunt Coordinator for the PT... ROTS DVD Commentary

#just watched the rots special features for the first time in ages and about died over that quote and immediately thought of this moment #it’s like fighting yourself #it’s like fighting yourself #even the stunt coordinator acknowledges obi-wan and anakin are-as stover put it-complementary halves of a single warrior #two halves of a whole #and even the stunt coordinator was clearly very aware that #the broken bond between them needed to be the most important thing among all the action #bless you nick gillard #wonderful at your job and you go the extra mile and care this much about characterization too

A new bond is formed...

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_ob728nrbz61v30h62o1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Feb 2017, 7:51 am

Piper Maru wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Great post by a Rey Kenobi fan on Tumblr

@spacebaby45678

This actually makes a lot of sense. I think Obi-Wan calling her by name is by far the most important point in favor of Rey Kenobi. The fact that he is the only one who "knows" her and calls her by name is relevant.
@Piper Maru

Bryan Burk, a longtime Bad Robot collaborator and one of the producers of the film, surprised Abrams one day with the gift of a single word: Obi-Wan Kenobi’s voice saying the name “Rey …”

“Not only that, but the lilt in his voice from that truncated word happened to fit exactly what Abrams had in mind. “They cut it, and you hear the performance – he’s saying it the way I would have begged Alec Guinness to have said it. It is so crazy perfect,” Abrams says. ” . ”
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Feb 2017, 8:17 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Force Bonds... the broken and restored..

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_m0hifqpX1O1rpgel3o1_500

“It was a challenge with the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, because we had to work out how you would fight somebody when it’s like fighting yourself. We did loads of sections where exactly that happened- where they just couldn’t get through because they match each other perfectly.” ~ Nick Gillard, Swordmaster/Stunt Coordinator for the PT... ROTS DVD Commentary

#just watched the rots special features for the first time in ages and about died over that quote and immediately thought of this moment #it’s like fighting yourself #it’s like fighting yourself #even the stunt coordinator acknowledges obi-wan and anakin are-as stover put it-complementary halves of a single warrior #two halves of a whole #and even the stunt coordinator was clearly very aware that #the broken bond between them needed to be the most important thing among all the action #bless you nick gillard #wonderful at your job and you go the extra mile and care this much about characterization too

A new bond is formed...

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_ob728nrbz61v30h62o1_400
@spacebaby45678

@gemini

Like fighting with yourself reminded me of an older film analysis that you did
The “how to use film language to demonstrate that they are two halves of a whole, checklist”
"Fighting with yourself
They mirror each other a lot in the snow fight"

1. Duplicate shots, CHECK
Both run right, both hit a tree, both split the tree in half and it falls over the exact same way.

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_o5a8c0xCzF1u4orvh_500

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_o5a8gxgXcy1u4orvh_500

2. Mirroring choreography, CHECK

ARCHIVE: The Rey Kenobi Files - 1 - Page 40 Tumblr_inline_o5a8j6vGeT1u4orvh_500

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/141232383249/mirroring-opposites-and-the-personification-of

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=496
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40