Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

+46
SanghaRen
Darth Dementor
rey09
RKR Connection
Krafty
Slade
MissG
Lily Snape
CienaRee
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Reynak
nonesuch
teltaru
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Airemyn
ZenBrainJam
Gemini
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Kylo Ren
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
BenRey
Force22
Forsythia
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
Blackcanary
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Mana
MoonlitMoss
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
panki
BastilaBey
50 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by BastilaBey Mon 16 May 2016, 4:41 pm

Today's podcast is now available

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/episode-130-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

On this week’s show:

Tom Hardy in Episode VIII?
John Boyega spoke to Variety about the tone of Episode VIII and puts to rest Rey and Finn theories.
Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill arrive in Ireland for filming
New images from Malin Head location
Many new details about Darth Vader in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars gaming announcements

After reading out Boyega's quote about romance, one of them says in a jokey tone 'I mean it's Rey and Kylo, everybody knows this!' So it must still be considered very left of field even to those with more insider knowledge?
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 Empty Discussion: Podcasts

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 16 May 2016, 4:42 pm

Newest MSW main group podcast: http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/episode-130-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

Topics:
Tom Hardy in Episode VIII?
John Boyega spoke to Variety about the tone of Episode VIII and puts to rest Rey and Finn theories.
Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley and Mark Hamill arrive in Ireland for filming
New images from Malin Head location
Many new details about Darth Vader in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars gaming announcements
Pod people!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by BastilaBey Mon 16 May 2016, 4:45 pm

Oops, we both opened the same thread! Let's use this one, we'll need a mod to remove the other.

Discussion around a kiss scene in star wars always means that those people become a couple, that's interesting. Very in keeping with fairytale elements.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 16 May 2016, 4:50 pm

Have merged both threads. Am keeping both initial posts (though they are similar) as both contain some information not found in the other post.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 16 May 2016, 4:55 pm

Transcription of brief discussion about Finn/Rey being confirmed a friendship going forward:

"'Finn and Rey, they're just friends. Finn is a Storm Trooper so he doesn't really know what's going on, so the romance thing is something that's going to be interesting in the next instalment. It's not going to go the way you think it's going to go.'"
"So clearly he falls in love with someone's a**?"
"Right, cuz that's not where you think it's going to go."
*laughs*
"No, I mean it does... I mean that it sort of, in a weird way, it reads as an admission that there is a romance thing. Right?"
"Little bit."
"Not with him."
"'Romance is a thing that's going to be interesting in the next instalment, it's not going to go the way you think it's going to go."
"Sooo..."
"It's like a weird admission--"
"It's Rey and Kylo, everybody knows this."
*scoffs/laughs*
"I was thinking Luke. She's into hobos."

Guys, they support Ruke as well.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 16 May 2016, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 16 May 2016, 4:56 pm

So they assume that Kylo comes to Ach-to, because he sees the island in Rey's mind.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 16 May 2016, 4:56 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Transcription of brief discussion about Finn/Rey being confirmed a friendship going forward:

"'Finn and Rey, they're just friends. Finn is a Storm Trooper so he doesn't really know what's going on, so the romance thing is something that's going to be interesting in the next instalment. It's not going to go the way you think it's going to go.'"
"So clearly he falls in love with someone's a**?"
"Right, cuz that's not where you think it's going to go."
*laughs*
"No, I mean it does... I mean that is sort of, in a weird way, it reads as an admission that there is a romance thing. Right?"
"Little bit."
"Not with him."
"'Romance is a thing that's going to be interesting in the next instalment, it's not going to go the way you think it's going to go."
"Sooo..."
*scoffs/laughs*

Guys, they support Ruke as well.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ruke is the biggest ship, didn't you know?! Better him than his naughty nephew lol! cheers
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 16 May 2016, 4:59 pm

They also discussed comments about VIII being 'weird and dark' and how that parallels with ESB, but wonder how things can get darker than Han Solo dying. Acknowledge that overall, the tone of TFA is optimistic, though.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 16 May 2016, 5:02 pm

BastilaBey wrote:They also discussed comments about VIII being 'weird and dark' and how that parallels with ESB, but wonder how things can get darker than Han Solo dying. Acknowledge that overall, the tone of TFA is optimistic, though.
@BastilaBey

yeah, nothing will top Han Solo's death..even they know that..the tone of the movie will be darker...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Mon 16 May 2016, 5:37 pm

I changed the title so that it is more inclusive and can be a general podcast discussion thread.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:18 pm

Does anyone know when RIP Finnrey, Ireland and Malin Head start? I don't care for the rest.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 16 May 2016, 6:46 pm

vaderito wrote:Does anyone know when RIP Finnrey, Ireland and Malin Head start? I don't care for the rest.
@vaderito

Did you already listen? Around 11 minutes in
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 6:51 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
vaderito wrote:Does anyone know when RIP Finnrey, Ireland and Malin Head start? I don't care for the rest.
@vaderito

@BastilaBey

Yes, I just finished. RIP Finnrey was just mentioned in passing, they cared more about Tom Hardy and butt slapping. Nobody cares about Finnrey.

I think that the biggest deal is that they aren't hearing anything that implies a particular dark scene in VIII and think that Han kill won't be topped but that VIII will be more downbeat than having a big dark moment. They say they hear stuff that's more about action.

I read that "it's Rey and Kylo...I'm thinking Luke" joke that they pretty much know it's Rey and Kylo. Plus Mark's "Dangerous dreamboat" tweet that he deleted and replaced with a slightly different one. Rey is intrigued. That, I think, is the big deal.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 16 May 2016, 7:06 pm

@Vaderito Well the big elephant in the room is...who else is it going to be, if not Kylo? It's why people have had to start arguing for Rey to have no romance at all, because she's going to be a Jedi. Which doesn't ring true, since we know from JJ that there was a central romance planned before Finn was even a character. Finnrey was probably never going to happen, not even in initial draft stages.

Not sure if you've watched Letter Never Sent, and I'm trying not to put too much stock in it since of course Johnson only vaguely cited it as inspiration, but it is a little dark. Unrequited (at least initially) obsessive love kind of has to be, right? I'd much rather have that than Anidala cheese and fluff, to be honest. Give me all the Kylo angst, as he struggles to pretend he doesn't feel any compassion for the beautiful scavenger who scarred his face Wink
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 16 May 2016, 7:11 pm

vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
@vaderito

@BastilaBey

Yes, I just finished. RIP Finnrey was just mentioned in passing, they cared more about Tom Hardy and butt slapping. Nobody cares about Finnrey.

I think that the biggest deal is that they aren't hearing anything that implies a particular dark scene in VIII and think that Han kill won't be topped but that VIII will be more downbeat than having a big dark moment. They say they hear stuff that's more about action.

I read that "it's Rey and Kylo...I'm thinking Luke" joke that they pretty much know it's Rey and Kylo. Plus Mark's "Dangerous dreamboat" tweet that he deleted and replaced with a slightly different one. Rey is intrigued. That, I think, is the big deal.
@vaderito

wait, Mark replaced the tweet????? with what??????
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 16 May 2016, 7:12 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Vaderito Well the big elephant in the room is...who else is it going to be, if not Kylo? It's why people have had to start arguing for Rey to have no romance at all, because she's going to be a Jedi. Which doesn't ring true, since we know from JJ that there was a central romance planned before Finn was even a character. Finnrey was probably never going to happen, not even in initial draft stages.

Not sure if you've watched Letter Never Sent, and I'm trying not to put too much stock in it since of course Johnson only vaguely cited it as inspiration, but it is a little dark. Unrequited (at least initially) obsessive love kind of has to be, right? I'd much rather have that than Anidala cheese and fluff, to be honest. Give me all the Kylo angst, as he struggles to pretend he doesn't feel any compassion for the beautiful scavenger who scarred his face Wink
@BastilaBey

Based on the hut 'splosion rumor, Luke = Sergei. Twisted Evil

I think that Letter Never Sent, being a movie about force of nature and human nature, inspired Rian for the Force and human nature portion of the movie. It won't follow the movie to the letter. obviously, there won't be a love triangle (sorry Ruke shippers  Laughing ) but different kind of triangle, with young man and woman clearly attracted to each other. And magnificent cinematography that LNS is most famous for anyway.

@Mana

Original tweet:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 Image95

New tweet that replaced old:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 Image13

As you can see, original is obviously about Kylo while new one is more about AD.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 17 May 2016, 1:36 am

@vaderito

How come?
I was convinced you re deep into gaming announcements, as I am Laughing

"Sooo..."
*scoffs/laughs*

I knew these guys are our soul mates. Like bros p...s. Laughing
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 17 May 2016, 1:38 am

Has someone written fanfiction of Luke and Rey romance yet??

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Tue 17 May 2016, 3:02 am

Did you guys notice that when asked about Benicio Del Toro's character, they (indirectly) mentioned that story from the royal visit about a stormtrooper patting Rey on the bottom whilst she's with Finn and the Del Toro character on a mission?

Leads me to believe:
a) that story is true
b) what with this and the Tom Hardy thing,Rian Johnson has an arse fetish
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 May 2016, 8:18 am

Blackcanary wrote:Did you guys notice that when asked about Benicio Del Toro's character, they (indirectly) mentioned that story from the royal visit about a stormtrooper patting Rey on the bottom whilst she's with Finn and the Del Toro character on a mission?

Leads me to believe:
a) that story is true
@Blackcanary

I can't believe that both a** fetishes are in the movie so one scene must be for charity as in "not in the movie". It's a variation of the same scene, so I'd say Tom and Finn = in the movie but Princes, Finn, Rey and BdT = charity skit (likely Star Wars Celebration Event in June that takes place in London, BTW).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Tue 17 May 2016, 8:24 am

vaderito wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:Did you guys notice that when asked about Benicio Del Toro's character, they (indirectly) mentioned that story from the royal visit about a stormtrooper patting Rey on the bottom whilst she's with Finn and the Del Toro character on a mission?

Leads me to believe:
a) that story is true
@Blackcanary

I can't believe that both a** fetishes are in the movie so one scene must be for charity as in "not in the movie". It's a variation of the same scene, so I'd say Tom and Finn = in the movie but Princes, Finn, Rey and BdT = charity skit (likely Star Wars Celebration Event in June that takes place in London, BTW).
@vaderito

Maybe! I feel like if one of them is more likely to be for charity it's the Finn one - they wouldn't want to risk spoiling the identity of BDT's character.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 17 May 2016, 8:27 am

If there is a charity skit, though, I would think it's for a much later date - they probably wouldn't reveal BDT's character this early?

John seemed surprised by the butt-slapping rumour, so I don't know how much of this rumour is true in the first place. I also have a hard time believing that, after going out of their way not to objectify Rey in TFA (except for a brief moment from Kylo's POV in the interrogation scene), she would have her butt slapped in VIII.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 17 May 2016, 8:32 am

I don't know how a skit spoils someone's identity. he;s in the elevator in an unrelated skit, dressed whatever. No name given, no context.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 17 May 2016, 8:33 am

vaderito wrote:I don't know how a skit spoils someone's identity. he;s in the elevator in an unrelated skit, dressed whatever. No name given, no context.
@vaderito

Agreed, it could be a fun teaser and they choose to give away as much or as little as they like
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 17 May 2016, 10:17 am

vaderito wrote:I don't know how a skit spoils someone's identity. he;s in the elevator in an unrelated skit, dressed whatever. No name given, no context.
@vaderito

Sure, but don't they usually hide the look of the characters as well, as long as possible? The way BDT looks will tell us quite a bit about his character.

It would certainly be a nice reveal for the celebration, though.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next