Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

+46
SanghaRen
Darth Dementor
rey09
RKR Connection
Krafty
Slade
MissG
Lily Snape
CienaRee
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Reynak
nonesuch
teltaru
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Airemyn
ZenBrainJam
Gemini
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Kylo Ren
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
BenRey
Force22
Forsythia
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
Blackcanary
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Mana
MoonlitMoss
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
panki
BastilaBey
50 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by vaderito Tue 17 May 2016, 10:20 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:I don't know how a skit spoils someone's identity. he;s in the elevator in an unrelated skit, dressed whatever. No name given, no context.
@vaderito

Sure, but don't they usually hide the look of the characters as well, as long as possible? The way BDT looks will tell us quite a bit about his character.

It would certainly be a nice reveal for the celebration, though.
@Darth Dingbat

The scene as described is so stupid it better be a skit and not a movie scene.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by BastilaBey Thu 19 May 2016, 5:40 am

So this isn't telling us anything new, but it's kind of an amusing listen. Hey @echobase remember that mSW podcast about redemption from last week where the guys were still convinced Rey is a Skywalker? Well, they read Bloodline and have been forced to concede that the chances of that now are very slim. They start talking about it around the 25 minute mark and they don't seem to be taking it very well. Their comments echo a lot of what I've even elsewhere - that it doesn't make sense, why would they lead us to believe she's Luke's, whoever her parents are the reveal will now be unsatisfying, etc.

And at 38 minutes in I was surprised that they even floated the idea of Rey and Kylo as a couple. But to me that illustrates why her parentage is even a mystery, honestly. If you know she's not a Skywalker, it forces you to confront their intense dynamic. They're still dismissive because of the age difference, it sounds like, but nobody ever brings that up about Han and Leia so whatever.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/the-cantina-cast-130-compassion-vs-passion-in-a-gffa-star-wars-bloodlines-timeline/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Thu 19 May 2016, 5:55 am

BastilaBey wrote:So this isn't telling us anything new, but it's kind of an amusing listen. Hey @echobase remember that mSW podcast about redemption from last week where the guys were still convinced Rey is a Skywalker? Well, they read Bloodline and have been forced to concede that the chances of that now are very slim. They start talking about it around the 25 minute mark and they don't seem to be taking it very well. Their comments echo a lot of what I've even elsewhere - that it doesn't make sense, why would they lead us to believe she's Luke's, whoever her parents are the reveal will now be unsatisfying, etc.

And at 38 minutes in I was surprised that they even floated the idea of Rey and Kylo as a couple. But to me that illustrates why her parentage is even a mystery, honestly. If you know she's not a Skywalker, it forces you to confront their intense dynamic. They're still dismissive because of the age difference, it sounds like, but nobody ever brings that up about Han and Leia so whatever.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/the-cantina-cast-130-compassion-vs-passion-in-a-gffa-star-wars-bloodlines-timeline/
@BastilaBey

Bless, they're clearly at stage 2: 'anger'.

'Bargaining' to follow...

(Good to see the penny dropping for more and more people though)

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 19 May 2016, 6:07 am

BastilaBey wrote:So this isn't telling us anything new, but it's kind of an amusing listen. Hey @echobase remember that mSW podcast about redemption from last week where the guys were still convinced Rey is a Skywalker? Well, they read Bloodline and have been forced to concede that the chances of that now are very slim. They start talking about it around the 25 minute mark and they don't seem to be taking it very well. Their comments echo a lot of what I've even elsewhere - that it doesn't make sense, why would they lead us to believe she's Luke's, whoever her parents are the reveal will now be unsatisfying, etc.

@BastilaBey

Yeah, I remember that podcast. They really think that way, now? Wink. Doesn't surprise me. In other forums, people get more and more open for that idea.

If you ask me: if they really wanted to tell a simple story of a heroine and a villain fighting each other, they could have made her a Skywalker/Solo. There is reason she's not. It is their intense dynamic which is so compelling. I am almost sure that Reywalker will be debunked before Ep 8 or at an early stage of the film. Because otherwise it would be ridiculous, it wouldn't even be a twist.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 19 May 2016, 6:35 am

BastilaBey wrote:And at 38 minutes in I was surprised that they even floated the idea of Rey and Kylo as a couple. But to me that illustrates why her parentage is even a mystery, honestly. If you know she's not a Skywalker, it forces you to confront their intense dynamic. They're still dismissive because of the age difference, it sounds like, but nobody ever brings that up about Han and Leia so whatever.
@BastilaBey

Age difference as the reason against Reylo is just LOL.

Like, if the main protagonist was a guy instead of a girl, no one would bat an eye about a much younger female love interest even if she was 15 years his junior.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 19 May 2016, 7:09 am

LOL I think the age difference between Han and Leia is more than 10 years..someone should point that out to the fanboys
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 19 May 2016, 7:15 am

Daisy will be about the same age in Episode VIII as Carrie was in ESB. Harrison is 14 years older than Carrie, Adam is only 9 years older than Daisy so why are people making such a big deal about the Rey/Kylo age gap when they are okay with Leia/Han?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 19 May 2016, 7:19 am

I find it laughable that fanboys who are generally shipping Rey and Uncle Poe have something against Rey and Kylo. Poe looks like he could be her father. Han never looked that older than Leia and Kylo especially doesn't look much older than Rey hence being called "emo teen".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 19 May 2016, 7:25 am

Yes, it is weird how people only bring up the age gap argument with Rey and Kylo but not with  Rey and Poe (or Finn and Poe since Finn is the same age as Rey), even though Poe is older than Kylo and also looks much older. I think Kylo looks and behaves younger than he is anyway, so the age gap shouldn't be much of a problem :-)
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 19 May 2016, 7:28 am

Forsythia wrote:Yes, it is weird how people only bring up the age gap argument with Rey and Kylo but not with  Rey and Poe (or Finn and Poe since Finn is the same age as Rey), even though Poe is older than Kylo and also looks much older. I think Kylo looks and behaves younger than he is anyway, so the age gap shouldn't be much of a problem :-)
@Forsythia

Hear hear, Storm Pilot is built around Toyboy Finn and Daddy Poe and nobody blinks an eye.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 19 May 2016, 7:52 am

I need to ask them some questions about this fu***ng leak
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 19 May 2016, 9:03 am

Am a big fan of Poe (and I think he is really handsome as well) but it makes sense to for his LI (male and/or female) to be a part of the resistance like Jessika Pava, Finn or Connix since the resistance is his life .... it will diminish both his and Rey's roles in the story if they end up together...Rey will get saddled with being a figurehead in the resistance and Poe will end up being Rey's sidekick bf.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by panki Thu 19 May 2016, 9:47 am

Force22 wrote:
panki wrote:Am a big fan of Poe (and I think he is really handsome as well) but it makes sense to for his LI (male and/or female) to be a part of the resistance like Jessika Pava, Finn or Connix since the resistance is his life .... it will diminish both his and Rey's roles in the story if they end up together...Rey will get saddled with being a figurehead in the resistance and Poe will end up being Rey's sidekick bf.
@panki

I actually think it could work. I know it's not the direction the movies are going, but they would work as a couple. They would have different roles. She would deal with the force plot, plot A, and he would deal with the resistance plot, plot B. Ok, question then would be when they would interact and fall in love... So I guess it's unlikely in terms of storytelling, unless plots converged and they fell in love pretty fast.

Remember Rey is a pilot, she admires pilots, admires people who are in the resistance and knows about ships. Plus, she's a prodigy in everything. Even so, I'd bet Poe is an even better pilot than she is, so they'd balance each other out. They'd have lots of things to talk about, and at the same time each would have their own thing going.

As to the age difference, well, I see couples with that age difference all the time (reversed as well with older woman). I don't know, if she's young and is looking for security/family, a mature older man (not that he's that older, but he seems confident and secure of himself) would be interesting.

Well, I think it's a couple that would make sense and would work, and I even think that's why they don't have any scenes together in TFA. People could speculate her rebel pilot doll was foreshadowing...
@Force22

You are right...it could have worked...and they probably removed that part of the novel where they meet because then most of the GA would have assumed they would be end game..... I'm also not a big fan of the age difference or looking older/younger discussion because age and looks are subjective....lots of people ship Leia with Ranslom Casterfo (and he is barely older than her son).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 20 May 2016, 5:55 pm

Hurrah, the rebel grrrls at mSW are finally inching towards rey and kylo having a connection! At about 53 minutes in to today's podcast, after talking about the recent spoiler, one of them concedes that they noticed something strange about Kylo's apparent fascination with Rey and whether it foreshadows a growing connection between them. In the past they have seemed pretty on board the Reywalker train and were very confused about the Bloodline timeline not matching up with Rey being left on Jakku.

"How do we know she doesn't attach herself to Kylo Ren in some way?"

"I feel like this whole scene is very loaded"

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/episode-34-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 May 2016, 6:03 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hurrah, the rebel grrrls at mSW are finally inching towards rey and kylo having a connection! At about 53 minutes in to today's podcast, after talking about the recent spoiler, one of them concedes that they noticed something strange about Kylo's apparent fascination with Rey and whether it foreshadows a growing connection between them. In the past they have seemed pretty on board the Reywalker train and were very confused about the Bloodline timeline not matching up with Rey being left on Jakku.

@BastilaBey

You'll have to do transcripts as usual and I expect you'll have your hands full with MSW Monday podcast where they'll surely discuss spoilers from Malin Head.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 20 May 2016, 6:10 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hurrah, the rebel grrrls at mSW are finally inching towards rey and kylo having a connection! At about 53 minutes in to today's podcast, after talking about the recent spoiler, one of them concedes that they noticed something strange about Kylo's apparent fascination with Rey and whether it foreshadows a growing connection between them. In the past they have seemed pretty on board the Reywalker train and were very confused about the Bloodline timeline not matching up with Rey being left on Jakku.

@BastilaBey

Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Fri 20 May 2016, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No Personal Attacks, Bashing or Mocking)
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 20 May 2016, 6:12 pm

@frolickingfizzgig Yeah it was a little awkward to listen to, even though she backtracks later and says she respects her opinion. Didn't sound like it at first! It's an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people to acknowledge at first but at the same time...these people are huge star wars fans. It's May. They must have watched this movie multiple times by now, so they're either willfully ignoring it because they still hope Rey's a Skywalker, or they're just not very perceptive.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 May 2016, 6:13 pm

Hey, guys, this YT channel and their podcast page seem to have guessed Kylo and KoR on Ahch-to before those spoilers:

They have Mixed cloud account from which podcasts are posted:

https://www.mixcloud.com/sw_connection/

It's the same thing, only YT has really good pictures. They are new and didn't say when they are going to post next but I'm intrigued, it's a worthy listen. They know a lot.

I posted it in Spoilers too cause it contains spoilers.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 20 May 2016, 6:25 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig Yeah it was a little awkward to listen to, even though she backtracks later and says she respects her opinion. Didn't sound like it at first! It's an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people to acknowledge at first but at the same time...these people are huge star wars fans. It's May. They must have watched this movie multiple times by now, so they're either willfully ignoring it because they still hope Rey's a Skywalker, or they're just not very perceptive.
@BastilaBey

Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Fri 20 May 2016, 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No Personal Attacks, Bashing or Mocking)
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 May 2016, 6:28 pm

That Not-Jason MSW podcast sounds like another waste of time. MSW Monday is the only one that's worth listening on that site. This new podcast that I found sounds really reasonable. Let me know what you think when you finish watching.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 20 May 2016, 6:32 pm

@frolickingfizzgig It again comes down to people not understanding how stories work. I think both of these podcasters come with a love of Star Wars from a sci-fi perspective. They are also outspoken feminists, and while I consider myself one too, some may perceive the heroine/villain dynamic problematic in that light. I happen to think the very opposite, that Rey kicking his a** and him still being into her at the end is actually pretty empowering. Not once does he consider that Rey is beneath him because she's female, although I can't deny he's a snob about her scavenging. The point is, he soon learns he shouldn't have underestimated her.

I understand where the first woman - I think that's Tracy - is coming from, but she should have more confidence with the fact that that connection is going to come into play in episode 8 again. Because it wasn't there by accident! Nothing was in the scenes Rey and Kylo shared, it honestly seems like they were the ones given most attention by Kasdan and JJ. But maybe she just wants to wait and see.

By the way, they brought up Boyega's interview earlier and specifically avoided the fact that he debunked romance with Finn and Rey, instead phrasing it as 'he confirmed they are still friends in episode 8'. Erm, yeah, sure jan.

@vaderito It wasn't a waste of time, I like supporting them because they are feminist fans and that doesn't get an awful lot of exposure in an area saturated with fanboys. I'm happy to see them opening up to more narrative possibilities than cousin vs. cousin, it's just funny in a sad way to hear the argument get shut down just as we've seen elsewhere.

Last edited by BastilaBey on Fri 20 May 2016, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 20 May 2016, 6:37 pm

I think that Wuxia romance that they seem to be going with Rey and Kylo, plus the fact that events are going to be bigger than them, is foreign to Americans so many of those who pick up on it are in "wait and see" stage. Because they didn't get used to that kind of romance/story. It's going to be a beautiful surprise. remember when Matrix came out and people were blown away by wire-fu and wuxia fans were, like, what planet are you from? This kind of action is new to you? Lol.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 20 May 2016, 6:40 pm

Well, even they can't deny it any longer LOL. It's just too obvious.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 20 May 2016, 6:47 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig It again comes down to people not understanding how stories work. I think both of these podcasters come with a love of Star Wars from a sci-fi perspective. They are also outspoken feminists, and while I consider myself one too, some may perceive the heroine/villain dynamic problematic in that light. I happen to think the very opposite, that Rey kicking his a** and him still being into her at the end is actually pretty empowering. Not once does he consider that Rey is beneath him because she's female, although I can't deny he's a snob about her scavenging. The point is, he soon learns he shouldn't have underestimated her.

I understand where the first woman - I think that's Tracy - is coming from, but she should have more confidence with the fact that that connection is going to come into play in episode 8 again. Because it wasn't there by accident! Nothing was in the scenes Rey and Kylo shared, it honestly seems like they were the ones given most attention by Kasdan and JJ. But maybe she just wants to wait and see.

@vaderito It wasn't a waste of time, I like supporting them because they are feminist fans and that doesn't get an awful lot of exposure in an area saturated with fanboys. I'm happy to see them opening up to more narrative possibilities than cousin vs. cousin, it's just funny in a sad way to hear the argument get shut down just as we've seen elsewhere.
@BastilaBey
Again, it's like they're imagining that parts of the movie were coincidental or a mistake on the part of the writers. Sorry, but Rey and Kylo's interactions were not "coincidental". They have a strong connection because KK/JJ wrote them that way. No writer is going to introduce two characters that way, have them interact the way they did and go nowhere with it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next