Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

+46
SanghaRen
Darth Dementor
rey09
RKR Connection
Krafty
Slade
MissG
Lily Snape
CienaRee
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
Reynak
nonesuch
teltaru
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Airemyn
ZenBrainJam
Gemini
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Rowan
spacebaby45678
Kylo Ren
Little_Boots
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
BenRey
Force22
Forsythia
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
Blackcanary
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
Mana
MoonlitMoss
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
panki
BastilaBey
50 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:15 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Darth Dingbat
I don't think I've ever suggested that it'll be that simple. I've always been a strong advocator for there being more behind the temple attack than simple "Kylo went Anakin on them the end." But whether or not it'll be a flashback that washes everything away (i.e. he was brainwashed all along the end) is a different story. I'm just not fond of mind control or brainwashing scenarios personally. They aren't interesting to me. Moments of control, sure. More of a sleeper solder Kylo, sure. But if Kylo has just been brainwashed all along and is actually good old perfect Ben Solo under all that muck then he won't be the character I thought was so interesting in TFA. That's not the story I want to see for him right now. It could be done well, I could change my mind, but like I said, I would have to fall in love with an entirely different character because everything Kylo is would no longer be relevant. None of it would be real with a complete brainwashing scenario.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, I didn't mean you were advocating for there being nothing more complex about the backstory - far from it... I think much of this debate has to do with the definition of "brainwashing" anyway, because I don't think anyone is thinking that Kylo is just good ol' Ben Solo underneath - I think that regardless of whatever has happened to him and whatever led him to where he is, he's definitely a deeply damaged individual trapped in darkness in TFA.

Much of the confusion also comes from the mythology of SW itself, because people tend to see the "ultimate Dark Side struggle" as one of temptation and fall: we have ultimate darksiders like Palpatine who are motivated by their desire for powahhh, and by all the greedy, uncontrolled and cruel desires that human beings are capable of. And yet we've learnt that the path to the Dark Side starts with fear, making it more of an individual's psychological struggle. So is the Dark Side like a snake offering the temptation of sin, or a shadow of terror lurking in your own psyche? Or both?

I don't even think it's necessary to draw a clear difference between Kylo being consumed by the dark side of his own psyche and Kylo being (even literally) consumed and used by a Dark Side entity. It's not really either/or - it would be more powerful if it's both. (If it's done well, of course.)

But I do think how he ended up there, on the Dark Side, is crucial in terms of the story and audience perception.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:17 pm

I'm reading the back-and-forth here about Ben being to blame vs. Ben being a victim re: the temple massacre and how it ties in to the Kylo that we see onscreen in TFA, and I'm wondering why can't it be a bit of both?

I could very well be wrong, but I really feel like all of the "hints" we've gotten from the new canon materials (specifically Bloodline and Life Debt) are pointing to the actual event that triggered Ben's fall being something outside of his control, whether that's a kidnapping, his fellow padawans attacking him after the Vader reveal, or a Manchurian! Kylo incident.

However, him being a victim/wrongly blamed in those circumstances doesn't absolve him from the horrible things he's done afterwards, and I think that there are plausible explanations for his continued downward spiral:

* The KoR attacked/kidnapped him? Stockholm Syndrome/Snoke brainwashing. ("Your parents? They assumed the worst and never came to rescue you...")
* The padawans ganged up on him/attacked him while Luke was gone? Maybe Kylo goes on the run and ends up hooking up with the KoR who worship him for being Vader's grandson, rather than attacking him.
* Manchurian! Kylo? He's not aware of what's going on and can't understand how he's doing these terrible things until Snoke convinces him that it's his true nature. (In Life Debt, the Manchurian thing wasn't so much an issue of mind control, but of an actual physical chip that was implanted in people's brains.)

Now, he's done terrible things since then--killing Han being the worst. THOSE things are what he needs to atone for to be redeemed.

Disclaimer: I'm looking at this from the perspective that I believe that the purpose of the Temple reveal is going to be to a big step of getting both Rey and the GA onto Kylo's side. I really believe that by the end of IX, they're going for a character arc where the audience is going to be cheering for Kylo. This is a stepping stone to that.

Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarified word choice)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:34 pm

I am completely opened to all possibilities and options if they are well written and presented.
However If I was in a position to choose an option  I would prefer I would go without any brainwashing, mind controlling etc.

Manipulation from Snoke s side - definitely, some unintentional neglecting from Han and Leia, and some potential crucial mistake from Luke, were probably enough to put already unstable (potential to both dark and light) child/teenager into the position of making a bad choice.
His character is that way much more interesting.
The point is that he has to face his own internal (not external as would be the case in mind control scenario) demons - and find  a way out of it. More deeply and way better presented to the audience than it was in Vader s case.

EDIT: Although I do believe that the break point of the tragic events started at the "academy" in circumstances that would give us a different view of the events. I am like 100% certain that it was not a classic school shooting scenario.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

jakkusun wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:Honestly, I am not fond of Kylo being controlled. At least not in a Life Debt way - although I have not come so far in the book so I can only guess based on the posts. The guy is a mind probing expert and someone fully controlled him to kill Han? Manipulated, yes. Controlled... I'd say no because to me it diminishes him as a force user. To me it's like the ultimate joke. The mind probing expert is actually controlled. I can see the ones thinking he's already lame lining up and laugh.

However, I have no issue with the framing and potential stockholm syndrom scenarios. Kylo Ren is a persona created to destroy Ben Solo. When he takes the mask off, he's vulnerable. If that does not scream fractured personality, I don't know what does. Whether he created the persona all by himself or was helped by Snoke remains to be seen. If he chose to create it, well you can count on Kylo having been framed / manipulated / broken down in some way. People usually create persona for themselves to protect themselves or people they love. I think we can strike the second option since his parents know who Kylo is. If you think about it, it's also surprising that Snoke does not want people to call him Ben Solo. Why do that when your prized pupil is the son and nephew of legends? Maybe because he fears that Ben Solo is not fully erased and hearing the name could lead his pupil to snap out of it? The only thing that bugs me in the framing is why Luke as a supposedly powerful force user would not sense the truth. Which also leads me to wonder : do you think Luke and Kylo sense each other through the Force?

Anyways, I also think there are many options open and am not willing to discard any. But I am not fond of controlled Kylo.
@SanghaRen

Good points. It is also true that I would relate to Kylo a lot less if he was completely brainwashed and didn't have much of a choice ever. I identify with him because I think he made bad choices, rebeling against his family and their ways too completely, attempting to destroy himself, trying to become tough and intimidating and untouchable and cruel--choices that he maybe felt like he had to make due to his circumstances or he made because he felt abandoned or betrayed or hurt or angry.
I don't really identify with brainwashing so much. (On the flip side, I don't identify with pychopath Kylo either, of course, so, not the black or the white) Mental illness, manipulation, etc. whatever, as long as it's not an extreme one way or the other story, is all a lot more relatable and grey, for me, so I think that might have a lot to do with why some of us don't like the more extreme controlled Kylo theories so much, as well, even though it makes for a smoother redemption?
At least, it's a big reason I'm not thrilled about it, though I try to keep an open mind, as well. Logically, storywise, and emotionally, it could work and be a good story and everyone could still enjoy it. I just find it harder to access that narrative on a personal level. (It's a reason I care more about Kylo than Bucky, even though I like Bucky a lot. I even relate to Loki more. But I relate to Kylo the most...maybe he is somewhere in between Bucky and Loki, my two favorite marvel characters, haha. Besides T'Challa, cause he is definitely a fave. But idk how much he's like Kylo besides them nothing having super cool aesthetics, though they are both princes who think they are doing the right thing and have to learn that they aren't?.) So, I'd be sad to lose that aspect of my current connection to Kylo Ren. But these are just selfish desires of mine. I think there have been really good arguments posed on both sides.
@jakkusun

IMO, I think there's no need to take the "brainwashing" and "mind control" so literally. If there's anything of the sort going on, I think it will be shown in epic and symbolic terms. Kind of like the Ring (I love the LOTR comparisons, btw, @vaderito - but I've said that a million times Laughing ). Not as in, "Oh hello there, Snoke here, I'm here to demonstrate how I use this nifty Brainwashing Machine(tm) to literally control Kylo Ren's mind so that he dances when I tell him to. Dance, boy, dance!" In symbolic terms, possession of this kind can be shown to be a corrupting influence, a mental illness, a temptation, a dark despair and terror, etc. etc. or any combination of them. I don't think it would ever have to be technically explained where the evil entity's influence ends and Kylo/Ben's own shadow begins. The evil entity would have served as a catalyst to turn him into the fractured person he is in TFA, but I don't think fixing him would be as easy as kicking the evil out. I don't think "good ol' Ben Solo" would happily emerge from all this as if the past six years had been just a bad dream.

But again, it all comes down to how little we actually know about the story so far. For example, there is nothing in canon yet to support the wide-spread assumption that Ben Solo rebelled against his family (in so many words) or that he, for some reason, decided that he wants to become tough and dark and cruel. In TFA we meet an unbalanced man who bitterly rejects his father and his own name, and desperately begs a mask for darkness like a madman, but we have no idea what Ben Solo was like and how he became Kylo Ren.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:44 pm

@Darth Dingbat I was agreeing with your LOTR comparison. I actually got compulsive need to watch LOTR after Snow Fight. I'm also getting LOTR vibe from Ahch-to and ST's structure which pleases me to no end. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:50 pm

One more thing: I think most of us agree that Kylo has been coded as mentally ill in TFA. What we differ on, I think, is what that coding actually means in terms of the story, and the extent to which "Snoke" and the darkness represent mental illness.

In large part I wouldn't mind mind control, I think, if it went hand in hand with that coding. If Kylo's darkness is less in terms of traditional sin/temptation/fall, and more in terms of a broken mind, then it would make sense to me if darkness isn't something that he actively chose for himself. If it were more traditional temptation and fall, then of course being forced by some outside influence to fall into temptation wouldn't make much sense.

I've read many posts written by people who identify with Kylo precisely because he was coded as mentally ill in some way, and redemption feels so important, and so personal, to them not only because it represents hope of recovery, but because it's important to get even symbolic reassurance that having a broken mind doesn't make you a bad person deep down. That it's not your choice to have become "bad".
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:51 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth Dingbat I was agreeing with your LOTR comparison. I actually got compulsive need to watch LOTR after Snow Fight. I'm also getting LOTR vibe from Ahch-to and ST's structure which pleases me to no end. Very Happy
@vaderito

Also if rumours about Leia being in a coma and Poe taking over the resistance is true, looks like VIII might follow a three story structure like the Two Towers did. Story one = Ahch-To with Rey, Kylo and Luke, Story two with Finn and KMT and Story three with Poe vs Laura Dern in the Resistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:52 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Darth Dingbat I was agreeing with your LOTR comparison. I actually got compulsive need to watch LOTR after Snow Fight. I'm also getting LOTR vibe from Ahch-to and ST's structure which pleases me to no end. Very Happy
@vaderito

Also if rumours about Leia being in a coma and Poe taking over the resistance is true, looks like VIII might follow a three story structure like the Two Towers did. Story one = Ahch-To with Rey, Kylo and Luke, Story two with Finn and KMT and Story three with Poe vs Laura Dern in the Resistance.
@AppleCrumble122

That's what I'm thinking.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:55 pm

vaderito wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@vaderito

@AppleCrumble122

That's what I'm thinking.
@vaderito

Me too!

I actually started planning a meta once, comparing TFA to The Fellowship of the Ring. Then I forgot about it and can't even remember what exactly inspired it. But it would be a fun comparison, methinks.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 06 Sep 2016, 1:56 pm

@Darth Dingbat It's spoiler drought and we need metas so dust it off!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:19 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:One more thing: I think most of us agree that Kylo has been coded as mentally ill in TFA. What we differ on, I think, is what that coding actually means in terms of the story, and the extent to which "Snoke" and the darkness represent mental illness.

In large part I wouldn't mind mind control, I think, if it went hand in hand with that coding. If Kylo's darkness is less in terms of traditional sin/temptation/fall, and more in terms of a broken mind, then it would make sense to me if darkness isn't something that he actively chose for himself. If it were more traditional temptation and fall, then of course being forced by some outside influence to fall into temptation wouldn't make much sense.

I've read many posts written by people who identify with Kylo precisely because he was coded as mentally ill in some way, and redemption feels so important, and so personal, to them not only because it represents hope of recovery, but because it's important to get even symbolic reassurance that having a broken mind doesn't make you a bad person deep down. That it's not your choice to have become "bad".
@Darth Dingbat

I love this term you're using here: "broken mind". I think it's perfect for Kylo/Ben. It doesn't give full absolution, but it also shows that he is not Palpatine or Snoke. And I think you are very much on the right track ... because remember the documentary ... JJ described Kylo/Ben as "broken" ... not greedy or ambitious or manipulative or whatever ... he said "broken". Kasdan also said that Kylo "didn't have his s*** together," and Adam said that the lightsaber is a metaphor for Kylo. And why does the lightsaber act the way it does? Because the crystal inside is cracked ... in other words fractured (like persona) ... or more simply "broken".
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:22 pm

@SoloSideCousin I hope some of that broken-ness remains cause I love his rickety saber because it's rickety and not perfectly even like all LS. That makes him unique, to have a saber that reflects his personality, always.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:26 pm

vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin I hope some of that broken-ness remains cause I love his rickety saber because it's rickety and not perfectly even like all LS. That makes him unique, to have a saber that reflects his personality, always.
@vaderito

Actually that would go quite nicely with the non-sanitized anti-hero role that you see him playing. Very Happy I couldn't agree with you more on that. Kylo could basically be a good guy, but the "edge" would be real and would never disappear ... also, turned to the light or not, the dude is going lose his temper sometimes. How could he not, being a Solo-Skywalker? Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:29 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@SoloSideCousin I hope some of that broken-ness remains cause I love his rickety saber because it's rickety and not perfectly even like all LS. That makes him unique, to have a saber that reflects his personality, always.
@vaderito

Actually that would go quite nicely with the non-sanitized anti-hero role that you see him playing. Very Happy I couldn't agree with you more on that. Kylo could basically be a good guy, but the "edge" would be real and would never disappear ... also, turned to the light or not, the dude is going lose his temper sometimes. How could he not, being a Solo-Skywalker? Laughing
@SoloSideCousin

Twisted Evil

He has no choice, it;s a genetic thing. That and staring creepily at his beloved (Anakin, Han), invading her private space (ditto), having terrible courtship skills (ditto). Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:56 pm

I'm back, I missed you guys :*
Irrelevant to what you're currently talking about..but do you think we'll ever hear Kylo laugh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:I'm back, I missed you guys :*
Irrelevant to what you're currently talking about..but do you think we'll ever hear Kylo laugh?
@bela.mesecina

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_msm6ovyhXO1sg0lnxo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:01 pm

@bela.mesecina

Yaaay, hello! Waves

I live for that laugh, tbh. I'm hoping for an involuntary chuckle or something if they're exploring the Jedi temple on Ahch-To and Rey gets snarky. Who knows, though, this could be from reading too much fanfic...
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:One more thing: I think most of us agree that Kylo has been coded as mentally ill in TFA. What we differ on, I think, is what that coding actually means in terms of the story, and the extent to which "Snoke" and the darkness represent mental illness.

Skimming along with a great discussion and this really nails it for me. While I can easily buy into a Stockholm Syndrome scenario, the mental illness part, feeling broken, and that it's okay to be broken, doesn't mean you're a bad person is more important. Especially for a story that's based on hope, love, and redemption. My guess is that it's also something that means it's absolutely required that his character arc intertwines with Rey beyond just hero/villain and Force users, because she's going to struggle with the same issues. Besides the comment about how "Rey is very forgiving," the same event Carrie Fisher made the comment that in her mind, Leia went to go hug Rey over Chewie because she could sense (fellow Force user or just plain old mother's instinct) that Rey was in a bad way after everything that had happened and needed it more. Being stuck on a tiny remote island with a crazy wizard isn't going to help her with keeping all of the thoughts/emotions (like being dumped or given away by her parents because she wasn't loved/valued) that she managed to keep bottled up on Jakku with her "they're coming back mantra." She's not going to be able to out run those thoughts/emotions, which will line up quite well with somebody else's issues. But that's likely going to be a dynamic which helps the both of them get past those traumas. Speaking of Carrie, her agony aunt column, which is named Advice from the Dark Side (like mother, like son), just started running in the Guardian.

Also I LOL'd at the comment about anti-heroes and the misdirect that Poe is like Han. He's the Boy Scout of the ST characters, including having a cute droid sidekick.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:11 pm

Ok, guys you convinced me that a controlled Kylo would work with a super dark Sauron-like power behind it. I was a bit scared for a moment having Kylo turned into poor clueless princess needing to be saved and what makes him complex and compelling being thrown out the window to make him sympathetic with a high risk to make him look, well, pitiful. No need to hire Adam Driver for such a character. Still not my favorite scenario but why not. And indeed as mentioned by some, it could be a mix and work in layers. One big shocker to throw a curve at the GA and some layers for people like us who spend many hours analyzing the character.

As for the coded as mentally ill, I actually hope it is one of these layers. I like when things are not fully explained and everyone can sort of interpret it in his own way. And let's face it, it will fly over some people's heads who have no interest in complex characters in a movie like SW.

Kylo vs Ben: I actually think that Kylo is very much an altered version of Ben so some things will remain because they are Ben's. The sense of entitlement is very much Ben's imo. And with Leia and Han as parents, I am pretty sure he would have been prone to fits of anger without Snoke too. Whatever happened to him fractured him and concentrated certain aspects of his personality on polar opposites. What would have been little fits of anger became tantrums wich alternate with moments of despair that would have been without Snoke the occasional self-doubt that sensitive people experience. No matter how much he tries to destroy Ben, Ben is there but altered. Actually, I am not even sure I want him to be called Ben even at the end of IX. Kanan in SW Rebels did not go back to Caleb. I don't know.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

@vaderito and @AppleCrumble122, I think there's a lot to the LOTR comparisons - I thought about that a lot and started thinking about the TFA/FOTR comparison even before we got any of the spoilers for VIII.

But I have to admit that I was even more of a Tolkien geek than a SW one, and partly I'm so eager to compare the ST to LOTR because I desperately want it to be true. Reading those books for the first time was one of the most moving experiences of my life, and despite the films' flaws nothing will ever compare to those amazing LOTR Christmases. Except, hopefully, these Star Wars Christmases. I'm desperate to see that level of epic-ness on the big screen again. And assuming that LF want to make a truly epic trilogy, it's not really far-fetched for them to have looked to LOTR for some inspiration. But if they have, it'll be fascinating to watch because something like LOTR is actually rather different in tone, focus and scale from traditional Star Wars. In some ways it might lack some of the things that made the OT so great and give the SW universe its peculiar charm, but... at the same time, it could be so great in its own way.

Anyway, I've been re-listening to the LOTR soundtracks a lot since last December. I was reminded again how much I liked this song back then, and something about it perfectly encapsulates what I would most like to get from "LOTR in Space". That sense of struggle against all odds, those high stakes, that ultimate threat, that difficult journey and heroism in the midst of darkness.

May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh! How far you are from home

Mornie utulie (Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Mornie alantie (Darkness has fallen)
A promise lives within you now

May it be the shadow's call
Will fly away
May it be you journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun

Mornie utulie (Darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alantie (Darkness has fallen)

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:18 pm

@bela.mesecina

I don't know, but I want to see him smile so much. A real smile. With those gorgeous dimples. A smile of happiness after all the suffering. Embarassed H-beating
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:25 pm

@Darth Dingbat

I agree with bolded. However it is more likely that such person (mentally ill or during some unstable period in life) do commit the bad things, without being born bad so to say. I am pretty positive that Kylo is not a psycho in terms most of antis want him to be.
He does not enjoy torturing people - if anything it was obviously presented in the movie. He kills Lors out of rage, he does not seem to enjoy torturing Poe (no evil laugh or similar sort of things typical for psychos). Not to mention the interrogation of Rey.
Han is another case - it is the most important conflict to Kylo. (a typical father -son - oedipus complex archetype). The most tragic and the most hard task for Kylo. He killed him out of desperation - given his inner struggle and pain - and then that was also very obviously presented in the movie (torn apart).
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:25 pm

I meant to recommend this podcast a while ago, and I'm not sure if any of the contributors are already members here?

http://www.trashcompactorpodcast.com/2016/09/05/episode-iv/

This episode was uploaded yesterday and mostly talking about Rey's journey and the other characters she's shipped with. They were completely confused by the negative response the reylo ship received from the wider fandom because hero/villain is very common but they also see potential for angst in finnrey. Basically open to anything as long as the story is good, they're fun to listen to.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:28 pm

BastilaBey wrote:I meant to recommend this podcast a while ago, and I'm not sure if any of the contributors are already members here?

http://www.trashcompactorpodcast.com/2016/09/05/episode-iv/

This episode was uploaded yesterday and mostly talking about Rey's journey and the other characters she's shipped with. They were completely confused by the negative response the reylo ship received from the wider fandom because hero/villain is very common but they also see potential for angst in finnrey. Basically open to anything as long as the story is good, they're fun to listen to.
@BastilaBey

Oooh thanks for this! Do they mention other ships like Luke/Mara, Bastila/Revan etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:31 pm

Ha, the Bachelorette! Carrie has gone on record about how Rey is getting a Space Kiss at some point in the trilogy. Nice to see Chewie included in the picture, although we all know who his girlfriend really is.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 1 - Page 38 EpisodeIV

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 06 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next