Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions

+3
Rimfaxe96
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
7 posters

Go down

Which of the following do you expect to happen in VIII? (Choose as many as you'd like)

Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap3%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 6 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap16%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 31 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap17%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 34 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap11%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 21 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap0%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap12%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 23 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap12%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 23 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap6%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 12 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap8%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 16 ]
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_lcap17%Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 199

Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Empty Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 11 Jun 2016, 5:40 pm

This is a sequel to the previous poll/thread on this topic: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t250-episode-viii-predictions-choose-as-many-as-you-d-like.

There were a few things that didn't make it into that last one because you can only make a poll of 10 items.

Starting this new thread while things are a bit slow news-wise to give us a few other things to discuss. Smile
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Empty Re: Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions

Post by snufkin Sat 11 Jun 2016, 8:38 pm

There probably isn't enough time, but I'd love to see a little exploration of gender/class issues with Rey having been a Scavenger. Like a scene on Ache-to where Ben and Luke are arguing about their high level problems and meanwhile Rey's off on the side schlepping stuff around like she did in her intro montage. Because you know, it's always women who are getting the work done and keeping things running while the men are being men.

Also even if I have limited patience for the Beautiful Friendship Gang, I'm legit happy that she's been replaced with Poe as his BFF for that plotline because those two play so well off each other (not that it's playing off of any culture clash, but 4 leads play best off of each other where it's been British-American scene partners).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:28 am

I'm guessing that a hut will explode for whatever reason and that Kylo and the KoR will arrive together on Ahch-To. Not voting for anything else though, way too soon to gauge too many details.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 12 Jun 2016, 12:05 pm

I would like to see Rey and Kylo riding together on some magical flying beast on Ach-to..... and then the scene cuts to Finn and KMT on space horse.... Razz

Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Tumblr_ny0hqxDSlZ1tdaw3ro1_500

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 12 Jun 2016, 1:27 pm

panki wrote:I would like to see Rey and Kylo riding together on some magical flying beast on Ach-to..... and then the scene cuts to Finn and KMT on space horse.... Razz

@panki

I'd be willing to bet that part of the purpose of the FinnTran storyline (from a filmmaking perspective) will be to set up a contrast between FinnTran and Reylo. i.e. We'll get a "meet cute" scene between KMT and Finn and then cut to the lightsaber fight between Rey and Kylo. If they show us a flirty spacehorse FinnTran scene? We'll then cut to Rey and Kylo covered in mud arguing loudly with each other.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 12 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
panki wrote:I would like to see Rey and Kylo riding together on some magical flying beast on Ach-to..... and then the scene cuts to Finn and KMT on space horse.... Razz

@panki

I'd be willing to bet that part of the purpose of the FinnTran storyline (from a filmmaking perspective) will be to set up a contrast between FinnTran and Reylo. i.e. We'll get a "meet cute" scene between KMT and Finn and then cut to the lightsaber fight between Rey and Kylo. If they show us a flirty spacehorse FinnTran scene? We'll then cut to Rey and Kylo covered in mud arguing loudly with each other.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, but I bet in that mud scene you'd be able to cut that sexual tension with a knife! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2016, 5:14 pm

Rey and Kylo, covered in mud? That would probably be the closest Disney would get to giving us a dirty Reylo scene. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 12 Jun 2016, 6:08 pm

What if the scene where Rey falls into the water and Kylo eventually have to perform CPR on her? This could be the turning point in their relationship
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole Sun 12 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm

There's been many predictions Luke blows up the hut because he catches them kissing Wink ...but what if he catches them before they're about to kiss and we'll have to wait until episode 9 for them to actually kiss.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 12 Jun 2016, 7:28 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:What if the scene where Rey falls into the water and Kylo eventually have to perform CPR on her? This could be the turning point in their relationship
@Sylvia Snow

If we get anything resembling the traditional Star Wars "kiss" around the 40-to-50 minute mark of the 2nd movie in the trilogy, I'd be willing to bet that it's something like Kylo giving Rey mouth-to-mouth.

FinnTran likely won't be far enough along in their relationship for a kiss, and there's no way that I see Rey and Kylo at the point for a traditional kiss yet. Plus, if he shows up around the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd act, the timing/placement would be right for that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:47 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:What if the scene where Rey falls into the water and Kylo eventually have to perform CPR on her? This could be the turning point in their relationship
@Sylvia Snow

If we get anything resembling the traditional Star Wars "kiss" around the 40-to-50 minute mark of the 2nd movie in the trilogy, I'd be willing to bet that it's something like Kylo giving Rey mouth-to-mouth.

FinnTran likely won't be far enough along in their relationship for a kiss, and there's no way that I see Rey and Kylo at the point for a traditional kiss yet. Plus, if he shows up around the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd act, the timing/placement would be right for that.
@ISeeAnIsland

Perfect example of how Kylo and Rey first accidental kiss should be
Round 2: Episode VIII Predictions Tumblr_nx2e9yLh5a1uiscmzo9_540
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 18 May 2017, 12:13 am

It's still slow in here. Bumping this one up now, too. A lot of these stand up surprisingly well, too. Gotta love that Kylo flies the MF with Rey is the #2 vote-getter!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 8:40 am

Since the databank updates, I'm 99% sure Kylo and Rey will have a Force bond (or the equivalent) and that it will have a crucial role in the films.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 8:45 am

I don't know if they'll call it a Force bond, but whatever they call it that is what I feel is most likely from that list.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Oct 2017, 10:25 pm

Maybe time for a bump to this topic now that we're getting closer and have a couple more details to work with.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:23 pm

snufkin wrote:Maybe time for a bump to this topic now that we're getting closer and have a couple more details to work with.
@snufkin

Heck, maybe it's time for a new thread (round 3) since some of the options in the original two threads now seem much more or less likely than they did a year or so ago. It might be interesting to take the forum pulse now--right before the trailer is about to drop.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:36 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - it probably is time for Round 3. Especially with all our speculating on topics such as Dark or Depressed Luke Contributing to the Deliquency of His Nephew and Rey/Kylo team up to fight at the finale.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down