Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

+72
DeeBee
DarthRen
ZioRen
Night Huntress
reylo1992
Atenais
Anakin Skywalker
Kylo Men
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
BenOrgana
FrolickingFizzgig
tukicarreno
bashfulblueeyes3
Rei of Sunshine
SkyStar
bossbaby
AceofWands
motherofpearl1
Piper Maru
Acritiqua
ReyofLightSide
fuhry
Mana
Slade
Dark_Disciple
Blackcanary
Jakku
Socialnole
IoJovi
kassadin
ZenBrainJam
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
Rimfaxe96
Armadeus
EchoBase
BlackIsTheColor
Force22
CienaRee
Gemini
Darth_Awakened
Sylvia Snow
Reynak
rey09
spacebaby45678
vaderito
Darth Dingbat
Queen Rey
Kalianah
MeadowofAshes
Kessel
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
AnneNeville
jakkusun
guardienne
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Rowan
MoonFyre
Saracene
BastilaBey
Birdwoman
Search Your Feelings
Rogue Rey
Helix
RKR Connection
76 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 11 Empty Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by guardienne Wed 04 May 2016, 4:29 am

ZenBrainJam wrote:I have seen this a lot, so I must ask. Why so many people write Scorsese "scorCese"? Is it a nickname?
@ZenBrainJam

oh god yeah i guess the misspelling because... stupid Shy

@solosidecousin long may he reign Smile
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 11 Empty Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by EchoBase Wed 04 May 2016, 5:15 am

It was often mentioned that AD has a great deep singing voice and can play the piano as well.
About a year ago, this rumor came up:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rooney-mara-adam-driver-reportedly-circling-leos-caraxs-upcoming-musical-20151203

But since then I haven't heard anything about this project. Pity. It would be really great to hear him singing songs of the Sparks. Very Happy
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 04 May 2016, 5:34 am

EchoBase wrote:It was often mentioned that AD has a great deep singing voice and can play the piano as well.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rooney-mara-adam-driver-reportedly-circling-leos-caraxs-upcoming-musical-20151203

But since then I haven't heard anything about this project. Pity. It would be really great to hear him singing songs of the Sparks. Very Happy
@EchoBase

I'm hoping they have vocals in the soundtrack of the sequel........ Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 04 May 2016, 4:55 pm

EchoBase wrote:It was often mentioned that AD has a great deep singing voice and can play the piano as well.

@EchoBase

He plays piano and sings? Can he be any hotter? *Musician heart swoons*
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 11 May 2016, 2:02 am

This article talks about the War and Peace TED Talk which features Adam Driver as one of the speakers. It will be airing on PBS on May 30th. The article also includes a link to the teaser ad that is promoting the program. For those of you who have become interested in the Warrior Ethos aspect of Kylo Ren, this might prove to be informative ... and of course, Adam's awesome too. Very Happy

http://www.gpb.org/blogs/mygpb/2016/05/10/adam-driver-on-being-marine-on-ted-talks-war-and-peace

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Wed 11 May 2016, 11:54 am

thanks for sharing @solosidecousin
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 7:53 pm

Adam Driver has been cast in Steven Soderbergh's comeback movie, apparently http://www.indiewire.com/article/adam-driver-riley-keough-cast-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-201605011

ETA - Not seeing this story anywhere else but AD is also set to star in Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote movie according to this http://www.flickreel.com/terry-gilliams-the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-to-star-adam-driver-and-michael-palin-new-concept-art-uncovered/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 11 May 2016, 10:53 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Adam Driver has been cast in Steven Soderbergh's comeback movie, apparently http://www.indiewire.com/article/adam-driver-riley-keough-cast-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-201605011

ETA - Not seeing this story anywhere else but AD is also set to star in Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote movie according to this http://www.flickreel.com/terry-gilliams-the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-to-star-adam-driver-and-michael-palin-new-concept-art-uncovered/
@Mrs Ben Solo

OMG! This is awesome! I had been looking on his imdb page and nothing new was listed. Now he's adding Steven Soderburgh and Terry Gilliam to his already impressive "great directors I've worked with" list. I like how he seems to look at his career like an education that never ends. That is such an excellent life philosophy to have whatever your field of expertise.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Wed 11 May 2016, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Wed 11 May 2016, 10:54 pm

His star is rising......

...into a bright sky indeed.

Look at that boy GO..!

Claps
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 11 May 2016, 11:39 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Adam Driver has been cast in Steven Soderbergh's comeback movie, apparently http://www.indiewire.com/article/adam-driver-riley-keough-cast-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-201605011

@Mrs Ben Solo

OMG! This is awesome! I had been looking on his imdb page and nothing new was listed. Now he's adding Steven Soderburgh and Terry Gilliam to his already impressive "great directors I've worked with" list. I like how he seems to look at his career like an education that never ends. That is such an excellent life philosophy to have whatever your field of expertise.
@SoloSideCousin

Seriously. He's added every highly-regarded director to his resume.

On a related note to the Steven Soderburgh casting... Channing Tatum is a little "cookie cutter" for my taste looks-wise, but like Adam, he must be great for directors to work with because he's sure been racking up an impressive list of directors in the past couple of years, too.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 12 May 2016, 1:04 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

Seriously. He's added every highly-regarded director to his resume.

On a related note to the Steven Soderburgh casting... Channing Tatum is a little "cookie cutter" for my taste looks-wise, but like Adam, he must be great for directors to work with because he's sure been racking up an impressive list of directors in the past couple of years, too.
@ISeeAnIsland

I know, right. When you think great acting you don't necessarily think of Channing Tatum. But I guess he was in that Foxcatcher movie that got good reviews, and Soderburgh really does seem to like him. I think he's been in at least 3 Soderburgh movies counting this one. Soderburgh does seem to like to keep casting certain people. George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Julia Roberts come to mind.

Soderburgh is absolutely great at doing these "dramedy" kind of things. Out of Sight with Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney had enough of a winding plot to not be called a comedy, but it was as witty as he**. Erin Brockavich was obviously a serious movie, but there were lines in that where I laughed like crazy. I've heard both The Knick and Behind the Candelabra (the Liberace one) are great. I can imagine some dark wit being in both of them.

Soderburgh just has such a deft touch and such a great feel to all of his movies. I am really excited to see what he does with AD. From the plot it sounds like this might be a bit Out of Sight-ish in terms of feel. I can't imagine anything involving Nascar being deadly serious like Traffic was, so this should be fun. :-)

Actually both of the movies look lighter. Maybe AD wants to decompress after doing Kylo Ren a second time. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Thu 12 May 2016, 2:01 am

Consider Adam take his role really serious, no doubt portraying Kylo Ren would take a tons on him. It seems that he is completely devoted to the character

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 11 Bbf9d5b1552c1ac22ce7bb21293cb8a6
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 12 May 2016, 4:02 am

@Mrs Ben Solo

That's great news! He's a busy boy eh? Smile

Channing Tatum for me is kinda like Keanu Reeves - not a great actor by any means, but there's something distinct and compelling about him. I think he should have been born during the film musicals era - he was outstanding in Hail, Caesar! Just great to watch in movement.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kassadin Thu 12 May 2016, 1:48 pm

I was thinking about Kylo Ren's line "I will finish what you started" What did Vader start actually? I have a theory, but it might be complete nonsense. There is a grave stone at the end of TFA, or at least it looks like grave stone. What if that was someone from Luke's Jedi school who Kylo was close with, a friend, who died or was killed. Snoke was manipulating Ben since childbirth and maybe death of his friend, combined with him finding out about Vader, led him to the Dark side. Maybe Snoke convinced Ben that he killed his own friend, he could have planted a vision inside his mind, or some sort of fake memory, similar to how Palpatine lied Vader that he killed Padme. Maybe the "I will finish what you started" line means that he wants to learn to cheat death? Probably not even close to the truth but never mind, I wanted to share it with you, it might inspire some other theory.
kassadin
kassadin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 12 May 2016, 2:11 pm

Saracene wrote:

@Mrs Ben Solo

That's great news! He's a busy boy eh? Smile

Channing Tatum for me is kinda like Keanu Reeves - not a great actor by any means, but there's something distinct and compelling about him. I think he should have been born during the film musicals era - he was outstanding in Hail, Caesar! Just great to watch in movement.
@Saracene

Yes! He'd be a great fit for for the musical era. He can actually dance. I remember reading rumors of him being cast as Johnny in a Dirty Dancing remake, and I thought that would be a great fit for him.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 12 May 2016, 3:03 pm

channing tatum is outstanding in foxcatcher. he has the physicaity for wrestling and his relationship with his borther and also with himsel fis really heart-breaking ... bennett miller is a great great director. now if he could cast driver in one of his films...

one can but dream.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 3:24 pm

@kassadin I see you finally started posting something...don't be shy! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 12 May 2016, 3:26 pm

kassadin wrote:I was thinking about Kylo Ren's line "I will finish what you started" What did Vader start actually? I have a theory, but it might be complete nonsense. There is a grave stone at the end of TFA, or at least it looks like grave stone. What if that was someone from Luke's Jedi school who Kylo was close with, a friend, who died or was killed. Snoke was manipulating Ben since childbirth and maybe death of his friend, combined with him finding out about Vader, led him to the Dark side. Maybe Snoke convinced Ben that he killed his own friend, he could have planted a vision inside his mind, or some sort of fake memory, similar to how Palpatine lied Vader that he killed Padme. Maybe the "I will finish what you started" line means that he wants to learn to cheat death? Probably not even close to the truth but never mind, I wanted to share it with you, it might inspire some other theory.
@kassadin

I hope he'll get a proper redemption arc Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 12 May 2016, 3:47 pm

kassadin wrote:I was thinking about Kylo Ren's line "I will finish what you started" What did Vader start actually? I have a theory, but it might be complete nonsense. There is a grave stone at the end of TFA, or at least it looks like grave stone. What if that was someone from Luke's Jedi school who Kylo was close with, a friend, who died or was killed. Snoke was manipulating Ben since childbirth and maybe death of his friend, combined with him finding out about Vader, led him to the Dark side. Maybe Snoke convinced Ben that he killed his own friend, he could have planted a vision inside his mind, or some sort of fake memory, similar to how Palpatine lied Vader that he killed Padme. Maybe the "I will finish what you started" line means that he wants to learn to cheat death? Probably not even close to the truth but never mind, I wanted to share it with you, it might inspire some other theory.
@kassadin

Oh, I definitely think that Snoke has been manipulating Ben/Kylo--I'm looking forward to finding how he's been doing it.

FWIW, Pablo Hidalgo on twitter debunked that that rock was a gravestone, but I think it's an interesting theory!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 12 May 2016, 5:07 pm

guardienne wrote:channing tatum is outstanding in foxcatcher. he has the physicaity for wrestling and his relationship with his borther and also with himsel fis really heart-breaking ... bennett miller is a great great director. now if he could cast driver in one of his films...

one can but dream.
@guardienne

He's probably the next director on Adam's list. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 13 May 2016, 8:25 pm

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 11 Tumblr_o747zjkuIT1v51yafo1_400

bounce HIS HAIR HIS HAIR bounce
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 13 May 2016, 8:26 pm

Is his hair longer than in tag?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 13 May 2016, 8:56 pm

Birdwoman wrote:Is his hair longer than in tag?
@Birdwoman

It's hard to say. As someone with thick wavy hair that I occasionally straighten, you can lose a lot of hair length by wearing it wavy.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 13 May 2016, 9:00 pm

I was wondering that too. I think it might be a tad longer than it was in TFA.... Maybe half an inch? I'm no stylist, but why oh why do I want to do his hair? Like...I want to brush it...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 10:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:I was wondering that too.  I think it might be a tad longer than it was in TFA.... Maybe half an inch?  I'm no stylist, but why oh why do I want to do his hair?  Like...I want to brush it...
@IoJovi

Me too, his hair looks silky soft. I want to braid it, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next