Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

+72
DeeBee
DarthRen
ZioRen
Night Huntress
reylo1992
Atenais
Anakin Skywalker
Kylo Men
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
BenOrgana
FrolickingFizzgig
tukicarreno
bashfulblueeyes3
Rei of Sunshine
SkyStar
bossbaby
AceofWands
motherofpearl1
Piper Maru
Acritiqua
ReyofLightSide
fuhry
Mana
Slade
Dark_Disciple
Blackcanary
Jakku
Socialnole
IoJovi
kassadin
ZenBrainJam
Kyla Ren
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
Rimfaxe96
Armadeus
EchoBase
BlackIsTheColor
Force22
CienaRee
Gemini
Darth_Awakened
Sylvia Snow
Reynak
rey09
spacebaby45678
vaderito
Darth Dingbat
Queen Rey
Kalianah
MeadowofAshes
Kessel
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
AnneNeville
jakkusun
guardienne
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Darth Rowan
MoonFyre
Saracene
BastilaBey
Birdwoman
Search Your Feelings
Rogue Rey
Helix
RKR Connection
76 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 21 Empty Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by ZioRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:43 pm

I'm loving these two little metas on Kylo's character in light of the EW Snoke article!

https://feebtastic.tumblr.com/post/167773662410/darth-tantrum-okay-so-weird-thought-that-just

Okay so weird thought that just came to me: Kylo feels a misguided compassion for Snoke.

Snoke blames his deformity on The New Republic according to Andy Serkis. We also know that Ben dealt with a neglect that he partially blamed on the cause of the Rebellion.

So this predator figure whose unfathombly strong with the force reaches out and befriends a neglected and confused kid. What story does he use to begin gaining sympathy ? Well, the story of an immensely powerful force user who is condemned and tormented by the New Republic makes perfect sense to use against a child who can probably see himself in that story.

I imagine that Snoke could weave a biased tale to Kylo. He would prey upon Kylo’s compassion for those who are similar to him. We see Kylo latch onto Rey against his better judgment simply because he sees vague hints of an uncommonality in her abilities.

That’s why Snoke has to surround Kylo with people who are not like him. He puts foils like Hux and the whole First Order next to Kylo so that he finds no commanlity and always turns back to Snoke. I think this is also a potential reason the Knights of Ren are nowhere to be found.

This is much in line with how I imagine Snoke to have convinced Ben to join his cause: by telling biased stories about the Jedi and the New Republic/Rebellion. And I have the same suspicion regarding the fate of the Knights of Ren. I wonder if he has somehow done away with them. Pure speculation but it will surely be in-character (by that I mean extremely cruel) for Snoke to get rid of the KoR at some point due to their ‘failings’ and continually remind Kylo of this punishment by calling him Master of the Knights of Ren. I personally think Snoke would never punish Kylo physically/directly but knowing Ben’s compassionate nature, he’d more likely punish him by proxy. Just as when he said in TFA: ‘Look like you need another reminder. Bring the girl to me.’
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII - Page 21 Empty Re: Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Post by DarthRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

So basically Snoke wants Kylo to get rid of any connetcion that could be complication such as compassion for Leia and Rey, means killing them and so he has him forever. I like that meta and makes sense.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:54 pm

DarthRen wrote:So basically Snoke wants Kylo to get rid of any connetcion that could be complication such as compassion for Leia and Rey, means killing them and so he has him forever. I like that.
@DarthRen

It's actually typical abuser behavior. Abusers purposely isolate the abused from their support systems so that the abused think that they have no one else but the abuser.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:57 pm

@ZioRen "the story of an immensely powerful force user who is condemned and tormented by the New Republic makes perfect sense to use against a child who can probably see himself in that story." - BINGO! Like @SoloSideCousin said, it's typical abuser (even cult leader) behavior to groom their victim. "You're just like me, we understand each other even if nobody else does." Which is why Rey is such a threat to Snoke's hold over Ben. Han kicked the door open a little, but the connection these two characters have is going to help break it down.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 22 Nov 2017, 5:05 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
DarthRen wrote:So basically Snoke wants Kylo to get rid of any connetcion that could be complication such as compassion for Leia and Rey, means killing them and so he has him forever. I like that.
@DarthRen

It's actually typical abuser behavior. Abusers purposely isolate the abused from their support systems so that the abused think that they have no one else but the abuser.
@SoloSideCousin

Snoke is a predator and also has to be quite a good manipulator. There is an element with Kylo and Snoke that has Stockholm Syndrome vibe, because he literally has developed a connection to Snoke thanks to his lies and deception - that he is the only one that understands and wants to help him. So, Kylo is hanging on that idea and does whatever Snoke tells him to do, because Kylo thinks he means the best for him. Pretty disturbing.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:45 pm

DarthRen wrote:So basically Snoke wants Kylo to get rid of any connetcion that could be complication such as compassion for Leia and Rey, means killing them and so he has him forever. I like that meta and makes sense.
@DarthRen

Yes - and it also reminds me of how Palpatine sought sympathy from the Senate after his fight with Mace left him disfigured.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

Translated Adam's interview on Kylo Ren character in TLJ from yesterday press junket in Japan.
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t636p50-classified-big-secret-translations-scans-and-speculations#163316

It seems like all the Japanese fans were so happy about Adam in the premiere yesterday, saying he gave really perfect fan service. Some fans were carrying "KISS ME" sign and he kissed their cheeks (which shocked other female fans who regret they didn't make that sign). Before the special screening, interpreter was interpreting the host's question and asked him "How were the fans?" and he asked "Pants?" LOL. Japanese love this pure side of him. Everyone saying he is an awesome human being and seems like fans number are increasing just from this event.

I have to say, I'm also surprised with Adam. I thought I got him figured out after TFA. I thought he is the introvert type who doesn't like socializing much with other people, just stay in his comfort zone, not good with words, doesn't interact much with fans, etc. But he actually stepped up to answer questions during the LA press conference when everybody else were silent, he kissed fans which makes him look outgoing, he respond to each and every fan patiently in the airport and red carpet, seems like he has many sides of him, I dunno... or maybe he is changing?
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 06 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

Adam has kissed fans' cheeks before and we had whole gifsets gushing about it then too haha. It's just something he seems to do sometimes, for whatever reason. I guess the 'kiss me' signs explain it this time!

But yes, it seems like he's making an effort to be more outgoing in these scenarios. Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it, and sometimes you end up genuinely enjoying yourself in the process!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 06 Dec 2017, 4:51 pm

shii405 wrote:Translated Adam's interview on Kylo Ren character in TLJ from yesterday press junket in Japan.
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t636p50-classified-big-secret-translations-scans-and-speculations#163316

It seems like all the Japanese fans were so happy about Adam in the premiere yesterday, saying he gave really perfect fan service. Some fans were carrying "KISS ME" sign and he kissed their cheeks (which shocked other female fans who regret they didn't make that sign). Before the special screening, interpreter was interpreting the host's question and asked him "How were the fans?" and he asked "Pants?" LOL. Japanese love this pure side of him. Everyone saying he is an awesome human being and seems like fans number are increasing just from this event.

I have to say, I'm also surprised with Adam. I thought I got him figured out after TFA. I thought he is the introvert type who doesn't like socializing much with other people, just stay in his comfort zone, not good with words, doesn't interact much with fans, etc. But he actually stepped up to answer questions during the LA press conference when everybody else were silent, he kissed fans which makes him look outgoing, he respond to each and every fan patiently in the airport and red carpet, seems like he has many sides of him, I dunno... or maybe he is changing?
@shii405

Everyone he works with seems to love him and on other less secretive movies he seems to have a lot more fun with the press. It might have helped that you don't have to be quite so spoiler worried with the Japanese audience.

But I honestly think that it's the Japanese audience itself.  People seem genuinely open and enthusiastic and polite there. I have a feeling that some Western audiences will be more aggressive in a variety of ways, whether it's unhappiness with Kylo Ren, trying to get spoilers or just general fanboy behavior than the Japanese audience. I could be wrong, but that's what my gut is telling me. And I say that as a Westerner, an American. We just seem more cynical I guess.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenSoloLives Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:22 am

ZioRen wrote:Adam has kissed fans' cheeks before and we had whole gifsets gushing about it then too haha. It's just something he seems to do sometimes, for whatever reason. I guess the 'kiss me' signs explain it this time!

But yes, it seems like he's making an effort to be more outgoing in these scenarios. Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it, and sometimes you end up genuinely enjoying yourself in the process!
@ZioRen

Could maybe also be part of the ongoing marketing to "cement" him in the mind of the public as someone who is likable. Just like a lot of the other marketing that has actually de-emphasized him as a villain and painted him more sympathetically?  Cool
BenSoloLives
BenSoloLives
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21