Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6

+40
ladyconsular
Airemyn
BenRey
Mana
Rimfaxe96
Rei of Sunshine
panki
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
Sylvia Snow
Helix
SanghaRen
jakkusun
Lily Snape
Xylo Ren
Kessel
ZioRen
MindAndMagic
ViviF
Darth_Awakened
IoJovi
snufkin
soulluos
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Little_Boots
CienaRee
creepi0
BastilaBey
MyOnlyHope
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
44 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:21 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 P0bZT1g

Speaking of Imperials, with Life debt focus on jakku and Empire needs children, who's to say that Imperial to the right isn't Rey's parent? Children of Imperials could be her parents. Young Imperials a la Thane and Ciena could be her parents. Good job at pointing at the right direction. I mean, why wouldn't those parents flee with their kid cause they didn't want to give her to the New Empire? Not saying that's who her parents are but it isn't less logical than Reylated theories, that's for sure.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:24 pm

As in was reading this the interrogation scene was on in the back ground (watching movie again) and for a moment I was like, who's having sex? Then was like Oh yeah it's the moment the tables turn

lol!

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:24 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Because everyone has to be Rey's father, Pablo. EVERYONE. Christ, how old would Krennic have even been when Rey was conceived?
@BastilaBey
Pretty damn old. Mid-sixties just going off the actor's age and the movie timeline. Maybe he ditched Rey on Jakku while in the midst of having a heart attack and that's why he never came back for her.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:26 pm

Hey now Ben mendledude played that blonde girl in girls dad and she's suposed to be pretty young,
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:27 pm

To me, that answer reads as a "this theory is so random (a.k.a. it's wrong)" response, but I don't expect it to prove anything to anybody or crush speculation. Pablo never outright debunks theories. He's only done it to two, and months ago he said he wouldn't do it anymore because he kept getting Tweets from people who were all heartbroken over him crushing Jyn Spacemom and Snoke/Plagieus. I wouldn't go looking for a "no" any more clear than the one he already gave to be honest. It's just the way he Tweets, especially nowadays.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:30 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Because everyone has to be Rey's father, Pablo. EVERYONE. Christ, how old would Krennic have even been when Rey was conceived?
@BastilaBey
Pretty damn old. Mid-sixties just going off the actor's age and the movie timeline. Maybe he ditched Rey on Jakku while in the midst of having a heart attack and that's why he never came back for her.
@MyOnlyHope

I think Krennic had met his fate much earlier than Rey has been born.
Heart attack or rather chocking.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:35 pm

Gemini wrote:Hey now Ben mendledude played that blonde girl in girls dad and she's suposed to be pretty young,
@Gemini

You'd have to add more than a decade to his age in this case, though. Rey was born about 11 years after the Battle of Endor.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:36 pm

Gemini wrote:Hey now Ben mendledude played that blonde girl in girls dad and she's suposed to be pretty young,
@Gemini
Ben is 47 right now. Assuming the character will be placed around the same age as the actor (give or take a few years), he would have been pushing 60 when Rey was "conceived." And that's just with regards to the Krennic/Rey relation. The Krennic/Obi relation has similar problems age-wise. Even if we make Krennic 5 or so years younger than Ben, that would still leave a 15 year age gap between Krennic and Obi. I believe Satine and Obi even met later than 15. The ages just... don't fit IMO. I'm open to being wrong though. I guess we'll see.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm

Chooses not to say yes

Can't say no outright?

Saying nothing is also very telling.

Golden question dodge from all forms of PR officials

Answer a question with another question.

Even if he's not her dad, based on poster he is connected in a subtle way somehow I think

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

@gemini He doesn't answer anything outright these days. As Fizz said, he got a lot of complaints from fans who were upset he was spoiling their fun by debunking their favored parentage theories. He is not supposed to answer questions about the future, and Rey's parentage is very much part of the future story.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Gemini

You'd have to add more than a decade to his age in this case, though. Rey was born about 11 years after the Battle of Endor.
@Darth Dingbat
Not to mention the period of time between the events of Rogue One and ANH and the years that the OT spans.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:41 pm

http://www.fraud-magazine.com/article.aspx?id=4294971184

The 10 Tell-Tale Signs of Deception
By Paul M. Clikeman, Ph.D., CFE

3. Answering questions with questions
Even liars prefer not to lie. Outright lies carry the risk of detection. Before answering a question with a lie, a deceptive person will usually try to avoid answering the question at all. One common method of dodging questions is to respond with a question of one's own. Investigators should be alert to responses such as:  

"Why would I steal from my own brother?"
"Do I seem like the kind of person who would do something like that?"
"Don't you think somebody would have to be pretty stupid to remove cash from their own register drawer?"

4. Equivocation
The subject avoids an interviewer's questions by filling his or her statements with expressions of uncertainty, weak modifiers and vague expressions. Investigators should watch for words such as: think, guess, sort of, maybe, might, perhaps, approximately, about, could. Vague statements and expressions of uncertainty allow a deceptive person leeway to modify his or her assertions at a later date without directly contradicting the original statement.

Noncommittal verbs are: think, believe, guess, suppose, figure, assume. Equivocating adjectives and adverbs are: sort of, almost, mainly, perhaps, maybe, about. Vague qualifiers are: you might say, more or less.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:43 pm

Fair points.

As said above even if not father I just get a sense that there's a subtle connection. If the poster is anything to go by.

It's similar to TFA poster and kylo and Reys odd connection with weapons and light.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:45 pm

And yet we're all fine and perfectly accepting when Pablo snarks about Reywalker theories... we take that as "yes/no". Why is this different?
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:45 pm

Wow. People don't get the answer they were hoping from Pablo so then imply that he's deceitful. Haven't seen that before.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:47 pm

Because people read tweets to best fit theories? lol

People read things in different ways?

Even reylos, I'm guilty of thinking his tweets mean reylo when a reywalker would see it in a totally different way

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 12:49 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@BastilaBey
@MyOnlyHope

@Darth_Awakened

"Youh granfathah Fohce-choked mine! prepare to die!"

I could buy grandpa Krennic but daddy? Than just make OB1 the daddy, 60 or 70 or 100 years old daddy doesn't matter when you pass certain age.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:05 pm

I'm a little confused by people's response to this tweet. Regardless of any theories pertaining to Krennic being Obi-Wan's son or Rey being Krennic's daughter, Rey could still very well be a Kenobi. No matter what way you look at it, Rey's potential Kenobi lineage is not dependent on some crack theory that Krennik is Obi-Wan and Satine's love-child. It's not dependent on whether or not we can scour the history of Star Wars and come up with a perfect and seamless lineage for Rey. All the theorizing that's gone into the Rey Kenobi theory could be way off base and Rey could still be a Kenobi! The way I see it, it's best to keep one's mind as open as possible when it comes to making predictions surrounding the ST. It's unrealistic for anybody to expect all of their theories to be verified. Fighting for every little theory just isn't worth it...

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:07 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
@BastilaBey
@MyOnlyHope

@Darth_Awakened

"Youh granfathah Fohce-choked mine! prepare to die!"

I could buy grandpa Krennic but daddy? Than just make OB1 the daddy, 60 or 70 or 100 years old daddy doesn't matter when you pass certain age.
@vaderito

Exactly.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:08 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:http://www.fraud-magazine.com/article.aspx?id=4294971184

The 10 Tell-Tale Signs of Deception
By Paul M. Clikeman, Ph.D., CFE

3. Answering questions with questions
Even liars prefer not to lie. Outright lies carry the risk of detection. Before answering a question with a lie, a deceptive person will usually try to avoid answering the question at all. One common method of dodging questions is to respond with a question of one's own. Investigators should be alert to responses such as:  

"Why would I steal from my own brother?"
"Do I seem like the kind of person who would do something like that?"
"Don't you think somebody would have to be pretty stupid to remove cash from their own register drawer?"

4. Equivocation
The subject avoids an interviewer's questions by filling his or her statements with expressions of uncertainty, weak modifiers and vague expressions. Investigators should watch for words such as: think, guess, sort of, maybe, might, perhaps, approximately, about, could. Vague statements and expressions of uncertainty allow a deceptive person leeway to modify his or her assertions at a later date without directly contradicting the original statement.

Noncommittal verbs are: think, believe, guess, suppose, figure, assume. Equivocating adjectives and adverbs are: sort of, almost, mainly, perhaps, maybe, about. Vague qualifiers are: you might say, more or less.
@spacebaby45678

5. "You're going down a path I cannot follow."
The subject isn't willing to accept the interviewer's actions regardless of how much has been sacrificed. He or she might still make claims of love. Investigators should be quick to point out the falseness of such statements.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 Tumblr_inline_nz126wOXOJ1r0m3s3_500

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:11 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:I'm a little confused by people's response to this tweet. Regardless of any theories pertaining to Krennic being Obi-Wan's son or Rey being Krennic's daughter, Rey could still very well be a Kenobi. No matter what way you look at it, Rey's potential Kenobi lineage is not dependent on some crack theory that Krennik is Obi-Wan and Satine's love-child. It's not dependent on whether or not we can scour the history of Star Wars and come up with a perfect and seamless lineage for Rey. All the theorizing that's gone into the Rey Kenobi theory could be way off base (and let's face it, it probably is) and Rey could still be a Kenobi! The way I see it, it's best to keep one's mind as open as possible when it comes to making predictions surrounding the ST. It's unrealistic for anybody to expect all of their theories to be verified. Fighting for every little theory just isn't worth it...
@MyOnlyHope

IMO, if you are confident in your theory, than you don't need validation from production-related people who will never validate it if you are right cause it's a spoiler. So what's the point of asking and than reading into evasion or misreading or whatever?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:13 pm

Well, I guess this is over. And guess what? It doesn't matter because Rey could still be a Kenobi! And I'm sure the vast majority of us will be perfectly happy if that turns out to be the case.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 FsAueYG
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:16 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:Well, I guess this is over. And guess what? It doesn't matter because Rey could still be a Kenobi! And I'm sure the vast majority of us will be perfectly happy if that turns out to be the case.

@MyOnlyHope

Wait, what? Just how old is Krennic? Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:17 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:Well, I guess this is over. And guess what? It doesn't matter because Rey could still be a Kenobi! And I'm sure the vast majority of us will be perfectly happy if that turns out to be the case.

@MyOnlyHope

I can accept that gracefully
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 02 Sep 2016, 1:21 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@MyOnlyHope

Wait, what? Just how old is Krennic? Laughing
@Darth Dingbat

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 6 Jurassic_Park_logo

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next